Type keyword(s) to search

Breaking News: Spoilers and Speculations

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Midterms aren’t until November 6, so I’m not sure why the election episode is airing next week? Did I miss the news why???? It doesn’t make sense. Shouldn’t it be aired after?

Well, holiday-themed episodes usually air just before the actual holiday. Since the midterms are on the following Tuesday, I don't see why it should be any different.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Midterms aren’t until November 6, so I’m not sure why the election episode is airing next week? Did I miss the news why???? It doesn’t make sense. Shouldn’t it be aired after?

40 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Maybe so faux results won’t influence real election results?

I don't think this is a concern because both shows are morning shows. I think I remember hearing someone say something about four hours in the promo, so if her show is 8 AM-12 PM on election day, polls would still be open and they wouldn't be calling election results. Avery's show is normally an hour (it runs 8-9), so even if Wolf Network is doing a similar thing with a 4 hour block of coverage, it would be exit polls and those can change throughout the day. 

Also, I don't think anyone watching Murphy Brown is going to think that what they are seeing in the TV show is an accurate reflection of what is actually happening in the world. Plus, I think Murphy's line in the show within the show about the three Republicans watching Murphy in the Morning is probably pretty close to who watches the actual Murphy Brown

• Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think the next episode takes place on election day itself; that doesn't mean we'll be seeing the results of the election.  The following show will not air until after election day.  Most TV shows that do episodes pinned to certain events like holidays or elections, air the episode before the event takes place/

• Love 2

Also, they just don't have time to do an episode focused on election results; the earliest slot they could possibly get it ready for would be 11/15, and that's quite a stretch (they're planning a quick turnaround for the finale, but that's such a crazy time frame they're only doing that once), so that takes them to 11/22, which is Thanksgiving.  Is it even airing then?  If not, it would be 11/29.  Better - especially since the fictional show is a morning show, so even with extended coverage they'd be covering exit polls rather than returns - to do an Election Day episode that can air shortly before the election, and then weave short mentions of election results into subsequent episodes that are focused on other things (they may even be leaving a minute open in the next episode for an insert).

• Love 1

I want to see Avery dealing with Miller Redfield on and off camera. Avery and Miller could be co-hosts of some type of special. We know Avery's show is in the morning and I'm convinced Miller is on the Wolf Network's morning show (their version of Fox and Friends). Maybe the network wants to see how they do in prime-time. Nothing high-stakes or high pressure like a major debate or campaign/election coverage, but some time of low stakes special. 

• Love 3

I would love to see more of Avery at Wolf. I know the show is primarily about Murphy (her name is the title), but it would be great to see an episode where we follow Avery at Wolf for a day. If that's asking too much, I'd settle for a scene or two with Avery and his co-workers at Wolf. How well does he get along with the other on-air talent at Wolf? What kind of relationship does he have with the other people at Wolf?

I would also love for there to be a one on one scene with Avery and Pat. I know there is a big age difference between them, but they are both millennials and grew up with technology. Maybe they grab drinks while at a conference for millennials in journalism. Back at the studio, Murphy and her team are dealing with tech crisis after tech crisis.    

• Love 7