Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Here I Go Again

• Start Topic

The bottle episode and a great too with some humour, pathos and further character exploration for Zari, who now after this one really does feel like a fully fledged member of the team.

I liked how she got to know the rest of her team mates during the time loop/dream sequence that Gideon put her through. Nice to see Gideon in human form again. I wonder why she doesn't like Gary though.

Sara/Ava, yeah they're closing in on that relationship and I'm intrigued by it. Mick writing a novel though, I want more on that one. Nate/Amaya, good look into their dynamic and I do like that Ray told Sara about Constantine's warning from last week.

But this was undoubtedly Zari's episode from start to finish and I think she's been brilliant for the show.

Nice to see Rip and Wally again, 8/10

• Love 7
4 hours ago, darkestboy said:

Nice to see Gideon in human form again. I wonder why she doesn't like Gary though.

Because Gary is a dink? In fact, he's such a colossol dink that I still don't wonder if he won't secretly turn out to be the big bad of the season. Total speculation, not a spoiler.

23 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

With Sara being my favourite character, it makes me unhappy that the one ship they are really pushing in canon is the one I`m really not too fond of. I`ve liked the character with Snart, Nyssa, Alex Danvers, Constantine so this is some bad draw of luck right now.

I have little opinion on Ava/Sara one way or the other - I don't hate it but I'm not super into it. But I think you've touched on one of the downsides of having someone as charismatic as CL play Sara: she has chemistry with almost everyone she interacts with. Literally. I'm not an Arrow viewer so I never saw Nyssa, but apart from that I could get behind almost every pairing you listed although I personally would add Rip to that list (because hot damn they've had some good scenes together over the years). But I digress. So while IMO Ava isn't the worst love interest I've seen on a show, the fact that she's followed after so many missed opportunities, combined with the contrivance of being the Designated Love Interest, does lessen the interest a bit. But this touches on why I personally don't want any of the Legends paired up together - I love the team dynamic of this show so much, and the romances only seem to get in the way. There are plenty of shows about romances and lovelines, but good shows about family (because that's what this bunch of crazy screwballs are, whether they admit it or not) are very hard to come by.

For instance, I've warmed up to Nate quite a bit in recent episodes after seeing him connect with Mick and Zari, but his scenes with Amaya still fall flat to me. Inter-Waverider romances just don't work for me. Though I'd probably make an exception for Sara and Rip ;)

• Love 4

LOL We'd all make an exception for our own particular soft spot, wouldn't we? I too am quite happy with the thought of romance being verboten on LoT...but you'd better believe I'd change my tune fast if they hinted at something between Mick and Ray.

Of course, the difference is in the odds of something happening. Rip and Sara? Plausible. Could happen maybe towards the show's endgame. Mick and Ray...plausible, if set up with care. Not gonna happen in a million years.*

*And yet, there'll always be a tiny mustard seed of hope that I'm wrong....

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I'm not an Arrow viewer so I never saw Nyssa,

There was a little flashback with her and Sara towards the end of Season 1 of Legends so you might have seen her.  :) 

although I personally would add Rip to that list (because hot damn they've had some good scenes together over the years). 

I was very angry with Rip over how he behaved at the start of this Season but I can`t disagree that the characters have some mad chemistry.

I love the team dynamic of this show so much, and the romances only seem to get in the way.

Agreed. This recent episode was overall really wonderful but the weakest parts to me were Nate and Amaya fretting over their sexy-times. Nate`s hilarious friendship scenes with Zari were a 100 times more engaging. Her proudly saying "Hedgehog Day", the way they screamed when his foot got caught in the bear trap. Comedy gold.  

I really love Amaya as a character but this super-sudden unprofessional "we can`t keep our hands off each other" lust thing made me roll my eyes. She is usually more put together than this. Their initial hook-up last Season seemed to be more in the vein of "fun way to spend some time". 

• Love 5

Finally got to watch the episode. 

It's official Zari is my favorite  character.  After the week I had, I needed a fun, light episode. I really enjoyed  the focus on Zari.

I need more info on that novel that Mick is writing, I am intrigued LOL. 

Still not feeling the Sara and Ava relationship and I am also not feeling the Nate and Amaya one either, I can't put my finger on it.  Their not bad but I find it boring, like watching paint dry. I don't know maybe these relationships will grow on me.  Time will tell.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ladylaw99 said:

Still not feeling the Sara and Ava relationship and I am also not feeling the Nate and Amaya one either, I can't put my finger on it.  Their not bad but I find it boring, like watching paint dry. I don't know maybe these relationships will grow on me.  Time will tell.

I agree with you on Nate and Amaya. I like Amaya, and Nate doesn't bother me nearly as much as he did at first, but for some reason whenever their relationship is the focus I am less interested. I had the same reaction in the first season to Ray and Kendra, though that at least partially stemmed from my finding Kendra dull. There might also be a chemistry issue there, because I was more interested in seeing Nate and Zari (not romantically, necessarily) together. As for Sara and Ava, IMO I think the reason their budding relationship isn't sitting well with some people is because it's NOT getting any focus. That is, Nate and Amaya are both crew members and are on every week, while Ava is just a cameo character and so they have a relationship developing but we don't get to SEE it. It might be hard to take their love, if it comes to that, seriously when the show barely has Ava around. That said, I personally like what little I've seen so far.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, blackwing said:

I must have missed something in the beginning.  Why was Ray dressed like a woman?  He was wearing some kind of top that looked like what the women on Survivor do with their buff to cover their breasts.

I'm guessing that he didn't feel confident enough in his physique to go fully shirtless under the jacket, so they improvised.

Zari called Gideon an evil genius, but Gideon was pretty sinister with what she did. Basically, she brainwashed Zari with a simulation of a terrifying event over and over until she was ready to kill herself. Then Gideon denied it happened. Gideon may have been paying back Zari for messing with her AI. Also, the outcome Zari wanted was dependent on her being invested with the Legends and not quitting early. It basically worked out, but it was shady.

5 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I'm guessing that he didn't feel confident enough in his physique to go fully shirtless under the jacket, so they improvised.

I think Ray as a character is pretty modest. Also, there was some kind of 70's androgyny going on there. BR might be too pretty to pull that off.

• Love 3

I thought the whole bit with Zari putting the gun to her head was kinda.. heavy. Much more than a usual moment on this show. Tala Ashe did such a magnificent job with this episode.  Definitely the kind of focus episode that Wally should have gotten.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 3

I agree Wally should get a centric episode on this show. However Zari joined in 3.03 and got her first truly centric episode in 3.11. She also got quite a bit to do in many other including her self named entry. I do think this is an issue of timing to a large extent. Wally joined the team in 3.13 (officially) with only until 3.18 until the finale with lots of plots still to move forward. I think he is staying around so he should most likely get one next season.

I do wonder when the LOT producers knew they had to include him, because he did come in at a slightly awkward moment where they couldn't give him much build up, though I expect he will get a bit more focus as we move towards the finale and his powers will be used to good effect for the team. 

Regardless, I think they've handled him well so far, even though he only has a few minutes an ep, I already like him a lot more than on Flash and the character and the actor are doing different things. 

• Love 3

I am a few years too late but I do want to say how much I am enjoying the show. It has improved so much since the first season. The plots don't exactly hold up all that well under scrutiny but the characterization and dialogue are good enough to make me stop thinking about the plot much. So many shows get bogged down in boring romantic relationships or excessive intrateam angst (this show did it too with Kendra and Ray in season one), rather than show us how the protagonists work well together and enjoy each other's company. On another show, Zari would have been whining about Sara and vice versa for a long time, then the problem would magically disappear. Here, they cleared the air with the help of a Machiavellian Gideon within one episode and in a way that made a lot of sense. Same for Ray hiding the secret about the anti-demon gun or the water witch being Maya's granddaughter or Jax and Stein hiding stuff from each other occasionally but only for a short time - not dragging a storyline excessively helps reduce viewer frustration but it also makes the team more believable because we see them trust each other with important stuff again and again.

Zari locking herself with the bomb gave me major Warehouse 13 season three finale vibes. On the whole LoT kind of reminds me of Warehouse 13 - it manages to strike a decent balance between comedy and drama, every main character has time to shine and the team has very good chemistry despite changes to the roster, I really hope this continues.

I really like Zari, she isn't "Dial a hacker" type of character who does little more than delivering random technobabble ending with "I'm in". she is building connections with the rest of the team, has interesting motivation and goals. And, of course, a sense of humour which is a must for the Waverider crew.

Last but not least, Sara is the best. I have the nagging suspicion that at least some of the writers share this opinion but this is still an ensemble show, rather than turning into Sara Lance and company kind of show. Which is good, a writer's pet stealing the spotlight rarely ends well. Keep it up, I love ensemble shows with emphasis on small moments and fun mixed with drama, rather than relentless angst and love triangles (I am surprised they have avoided those pesky triangles since Kendra left, to be honest, it's the CW after all). Let's see if this show can do romantic relationships well because clearly Ava/Sara is going to happen. Maybe they will have a love triangle with Gideon. 🙂