Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Power of Veto #3; Live Eviction #3

• Start Topic

Rumors circulated a few years ago that she had had breasts implants.  She didn't; this dress is revealing and I think it looks good. Nice to see someone proud to show their small breasts in detail. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Sometimes I forget that Mark is in the house....then he's over there in the corner, laughing like Ray Liotta in Goodfellas.

HA! Good one. 

The color green in that bedroom is hideous but I have to say it reads well on TV and the feeds.  Darker rooms do not tape well.  Last year was the most obvious in this.  Horrible decorator.  

Marissa, sleeveless is not a good look.  Loose the tutu, too.  You are 44.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

Ha! James - I like him now. Good for him for standing up to Omarosa, then just walking out. Wow, she sure is a liar. I'm liking James more and more. He's got a spine. And it's funny watching James sit there and eat while the others are talking to him.

Poor Ariadne, her father looks like he's dying. I also feel sorry for Brandi - her loved one's message is from Andy Cohen? Couldn't her children leave a message? Is she estranged from them or wouldn't their dad let them?  Well for this POV competition,  I hope everyone's doing this on an empty stomach. Except maybe Omarosa. Except I guess they aren't really eating anything. I hope they were provided special shoes because their shoes are ruined. Ha ha Omarosa.

Mark's eviction speech was pretty good. Who's going to do the dishes?? Aw, Shannon is leaving. Ha - Brandi votes for Mark! That will raise some eyebrows.

• Love 4

Oh wow, not one, but two political segements with Omarosa! Gotta milk her real purpose on this show for all it's worth! 

The veto was fun, but kind of pointless too. I guess Ross is the DR's favourite. Him and Omarosa both get more DRs than the actual HOH this week. 

James' DRs are douchey and egoistical (I'm still laughing at him bragging about winning a Kids Choice Award), but real James outside of the DR isn't too bad. I loved how he shut down Omarosa's attempt to stir the pot. The way he said "This is what she said. Let me make it very clear that this is what she told me. Now I'm going" and left as Omarosa was getting defensive and trying to rile James up. I have seen a lot of fights on this shown where one person clearly is instigating an argument for a reason and the other person falls right into the trap. It always ends in one or both rambling and going in circles with a conversation where the point eventually becomes moot because it stops making sense, or the point becomes lost when other irrelevant points get brought up. James shut that all down before it could turn into anything but the actual point. 

So, these people get messages from home, and they're almost all crying from being away for two weeks? In regular BB seasons, I know a couple of people get teary eyed when they do the messages from home, but it was half the houseguests crying here. However, I totally understand Ari's reaction. It seemed like her dad was in the hospital, so that makes total sense as to why she lost it. 

Everyone else gets messages from family, and Brandi gets Andy Cohen! 

Yeah, so I'm a little tired of Shannon playing the victim, as if she did nothing wrong. Girl, you overplayed; stop telling people that you did nothing. James has been a better sport being up on the block. Telling Ari it's just a game to consoling Shannon during the veto results, while Shannon's sitting, moping and crying. 

I did get a good laugh of James talking about winning veto and not usually wearing gold...and then broke the veto. That was comedy gold. Also, him calling it a veto MEETING. Is this the first person to call it that? 

Also, James, with that pink hat, douchey DRs but likable personality outside of that, you're giving me Zach Rance vibes. 

Oh James, couldn't you have thrown Shannon a pity vote since she SAVED YOU week 1? Oh, I guess Brandi threw her a pity vote instead. 

The biggest shocker was Metta staying silent before his vote. 

So, somehow I'm rooting for James in all of this? James and Ari, it seems like. 

Well, bye Shannon. I will genuinely miss you and your craziness. She pulled it together for tonight, which I'm happy for. She went out with dignity and class when it mattered. Also, loving that Ross doesn't have Shannon's vote, nor does Marissa, and I bet Omarosa won't have her vote either once Shannon sees everything (and I love the side eye she gave to Omarosa's GBM). Unless those three are F3, of course. Then she'll have to choose.

Oh! A wall comp! Loving it! I'm totally rooting for James or maybe Omarosa. Whoever goes after the Four, I guess. 

• Love 2

Metta is amazing and I hope he wins. I find it hilarious that he wants to vote out Shannon because she didn't put him up. It's such a stupid reason, but I love it.

Shannon! She's a super fan who could have done so much. She just gave up the moment she was on the block and talked about feeling betrayed, even though she betrayed Keisha and Omarosa right at the beginning of the game. She can't complain about being blindsided. The only reason why she had more time on the show was due to Keisha's breast pump breaking. Now that we know that Brandi voted for her, she should have worked Omarosa and James in keeping her.

She fell apart and it was sad to watch.

Ross said she was going to be backdoored, but Omarosa told her first so now she knows that Omarosa didn't lie about that. Ross kind of helped Omarosa here. She's also going to watch the show and see just how shady Ross and Marissa were with her.

On one hand, I'm glad that James told the truth, but on the other hand I worry for him. He's way too trusting of people not named Omarosa. If he's smart, he'd either form an alliance with Brandi or Omarosa and continue acting like he has issues with them. Otherwise, he'll be targetted next and realize that if he didn't win the veto he'd be the one going home.

11 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Okay, Omarosa clearly has a stipulation in her contract that they can't do anything to her hair. No way the other women would have refused the protection if it were offered.  She's the only woman who's hair has gone untouched.  

I did my hair while watching the show and if Omarosa has this deal, then I completely understand. Regardless if it's natural or a weave, it's a pain to have to do your hair again when you're black. It's like a two day process for me, so if I washed my hair and then had to do a comp and get it dirty, I wouldn't be happy.

• Love 3

I need every season to be a celebrity season! Even with a cast I didn't particularly care for in the beginning, this had been so much better than the regular season that evokes every single negative emotion in me watching the worst display of humanity. I find myself actually liking these people and I never thought I could have a positive feeling ever about Omarosa or not be disgusted by Brandi. 

• Love 20

I dont watch real housewives so are Brandi's kids ever on the show. Maybe she and Eddie have an agreement that they don't want their kids on TV. 

I find it weird that before the live HOH competition Omarosa was hiding her face. Makes it seems suspicious maybe I'm just paranoid.

Can't really say I'm sorry to see Shannon go. She took a serious nose dive in likeability.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, notcreative enough said:

I dont watch real housewives so are Brandi's kids ever on the show. Maybe she and Eddie have an agreement that they don't want their kids on TV. 

I find it weird that before the live HOH competition Omarosa was hiding her face. Makes it seems suspicious maybe I'm just paranoid.

Can't really say I'm sorry to see Shannon go. She took a serious nose dive in likeability.

It's been a long time since Brandi was kicked off the Real Housewives, so I am trying to recall....   If I remember correctly, there may have been very limited glimpses of her kids in her first or second season on the show -- like a 'blink and you'll miss them' sort of thing.  But I think you're right in that there is some sort of agreement in place to not put the kids on TV now.   I think I vaguely remember her saying something to that effect a few years ago.    I think it was implemented after she had already been on RHOBH for a season or two, and I guess I just assumed it was specific to that particular show -- but maybe it applies to any show she is on.

Edited by TVFan17

I'm thinking Brandi voted for Mark hoping to pin it on James & turn the others against him. 

I forward thru Omarosa's political tales...same reason I stopped watching award shows, I don't watch these shows for politics.

I was looking forward to seeing Omarosa do that POV challenge in her evening gown & heels!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

I'm thinking Brandi voted for Mark hoping to pin it on James & turn the others against him. 

I forward thru Omarosa's political tales...same reason I stopped watching award shows, I don't watch these shows for politics.

I was looking forward to seeing Omarosa do that POV challenge in her evening gown & heels!

Yep I also assumed Brandi is stirring the pot and is trying to put a target on James since she wants him out over anyone else.

Omarosa's tales tonight were less political and were basically like the one that mirrored it in the real news today.  The who has slept with Trump one.  Can't believe someone asked her directly if she had, haha.  Also I hadn't realized Omorosa worked in the Clinton White House 20 years back.  Learn something new etc etc.

I love Metta more and more.  His reaction to seeing his wife was hilarious and heartfelt all at once.  And he gave the perfect exit interview to Shannon who swallowed it hook, line and sinker.  Yeah sure, Shannon you are just like LeBron ... not.  And can you imagine LeBron crying every time the other side made a basket?  But Metta had her believing all that comparison and if the vote for the winner was held right after this episode he had her vote.  And I'm sure Orwell the Owl would cast a vote for him too.  And he is now in a good situation where "the four" will be targeted by the outliers and either James or Omorosa will be targeted by "the four."

I enjoyed the veto competition.  The whole thing, minus "earnest" Shannon, was good fun entertainment.

Why does James in the DR constantly do his Paul impression?  If I closed my eyes I couldn't tell the two apart by just the audio.

So glad Shannon is out.  Man the endless boo-hooing and the innocent me stuff drove me up the wall.  She betrayed Keisha and Omorosa first then she threw away Ari and Brandi in favor of James for a final to the end alliance.  Get over it.  Whaaaa, he won't get my vote cause he got me out, she won't get my vote cause she outplayed me, I was the good guy hero, I was the only true superfan, I was no threat, I betrayed no one.  Land of illusion she is living in.  Now that Debbie Downer is out hopefully no one else will be a buzzkill the rest of the way.

Edited by green
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, green said:

Also I hadn't realized Omorosa worked in the Clinton White House 20 years back.

It was a job she commented on (often) on "The Apprentice," but as usual, she inflated her title and her duties.  She wasn't there long and they were happy to see her go.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

It was a job she commented on (often) on "The Apprentice," but as usual, she inflated her title and her duties.  She wasn't there long and they were happy to see her go.

I think you just wrote every exit interview Omagawd ever had.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I googled to see what she did in the Clinton years.  First, she had to have been very young, according to Wikipedia, she was born in '74, worked initially in Gore's office responding to invitations,  but that did not work out, was moved to 2 different positions at the a White House, where she was asked to "leave very quickly because she was so disruptive."

http://people.com/celebrity/omarosas-long-history-of-being-fired/

Are these "celebrities" being paid for this or are they donating the winnings to charity?

• Love 6

Also, how creepy was that "Marissa watching James get undressed to shower" segment? Yes, James is a good looking guy, and sure, she might have just been teasing him (or boosting his already inflated ego). But the way she was staring at him and describing to Ross what he was doing was just....very uncomfortable to me. I don't get it; she knows her son is watching, and she's going to ogle at a guy almost two decades younger than her (her 44 to his 27) and I'm even more creeped out that the editors thought this clip would be cute and funny.

For the record, I would have been equally creeped out if the roles were reversed. I guess this isn't my brand of humour, or whatever.  

• Love 7

I fell onto this show by accident and stayed tuned to see Ross, because I like him.  Brandi.....OMG.  Possibly, the worst so called Housewife ever.  She's nothing here, like she was there. I can barely stand to look at her. On Housewives was a HUGE liar.   Oh, her kids were not featured and not allowed to be filmed.  I suppose she and their father (her ex-husband actor Eddie Cibrian, now married to LeeAnn Rimes)  have an agreement or court order about it. 

I felt the urge to do that Veto challenge....lol.  I know...it's weird. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, how creepy was that "Marissa watching James get undressed to shower" segment? Yes, James is a good looking guy, and sure, she might have just been teasing him (or boosting his already inflated ego). But the way she was staring at him and describing to Ross what he was doing was just....very uncomfortable to me. I don't get it; she knows her son is watching, and she's going to ogle at a guy almost two decades younger than her (her 44 to his 27) and I'm even more creeped out that the editors thought this clip would be cute and funny.

For the record, I would have been equally creeped out if the roles were reversed. I guess this isn't my brand of humour, or whatever.  

Yeah, I agree.  Very cringeworthy.   When she said she was getting hot, I thought she was going to say wet, and am so thankful she didn't.   

I didn't know James when this started, but he has turned into my favorite.  He handles the situations with class.  IMO. I loved that he didn't fall for Omagrossas crap. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

They've been paid to do it and the winner will also get $250K for themselves. It's not for charity.

Thank you, Peachmangosteen...I remember Ross saying Shannon was playing for her animal charity, wasn't sure if they all were. To me, this makes the way Rudy left a bit different.  Sure, she needs the money, but if I left work early, regardless of the reason, I would not get paid (I do not get PTO). 

58 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

...and some of them need the money.  Only Brandi seems to acknowledge that.

The only one of this group that I actively see on anything is Ross on The E! Channel. I read that Omarosa's net worth was around 2 million, but she was also left a large portion of the estate from that actor she was engaged to who died, I can't remember his name. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I also feel sorry for Brandi - her loved one's message is from Andy Cohen? Couldn't her children leave a message? Is she estranged from them or wouldn't their dad let them?

Their father, Eddie Cibrian, has never let them be filmed for Housewives. So I'm assuming he would not allow it for this either. But still...her parents? Close friends? Nothing? I don't feel sad for her. This is the result of the way she treats people. 

13 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

She just wasn't adaptable. It was all well and good when she was at the top of the pack. But, of course, people are going to take notice and become concerned about her potential. Instead of exhibiting some self awareness and trying to change tactics, she just proceeded to pout. I commend her her a thousand times for her work with animals; my kids and I are big champions of animal conservation. I'm sure she's a lovely person in real life. But she just wasn't cut out for this game. 

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

No, I found it really gross. James either took it in stride, or has enough of a fragile ego that he enjoys that kind of fawning, but I was repulsed. If a young girl had got in the shower and Chuck and Mark sat there commenting and ogling, people would be freaking out. I don't like that kind of objectifying of a person, period. She flat out stated, "I'm not leaving" when he came in to shower. I was appalled. I had previously tolerated Marissa, thought she was alright, despite her Whoville costumes. But that really put her on thin ice with me. 

• Love 12

I snarked earlier that Omarosa's contract probably stipulated she wouldn't come into contact with anything sticky.  I'm standing by that, since they swathed her in a hazmat suit.  Did she take off any of that gear at the end?  How do we know that was really Omarosa?  LOL

I like Shannon and I don't fault her for crying.  It's lonely and unsettling when everyone turns against you and the talking stops when you enter a room.  She pulled it together and gave a nice coherent statement on behalf of the animals at the end.  (I disagree with the post in the last thread when someone threw shade about her "taking a salary" from her animal rights charity.  She moved to Nairobi or wherever--that seems like a more serious commitment than most people make, including me.)

Brandi, bless your heart--Andy Cohen?  But he did a good job at being supportive and invested.

How long did it take the crew to clean each room after each contestant?  Was that a ten-hour challenge?

Chuckle chuckle at the Celebrity Houseguests in their chairs for the endurance contest.  Will they be forced to drop out when they have to pee?

• Love 7

I don't like Brandi, but I felt some sympathy that she didn't get to see her kids. When I saw Andy, I guessed the "no kids on TV" clause must extend to all TV and not just Bravo productions.

My husband was very upset they didn't put Omarosa up as a replacement nominee. He's not wrong. I suspect producer shenanigans. I'm confident they want to keep her for as long as possible.

As for Shannon, I don't have an issue with targeting and nominating her. She played way too hard at the beginning of the game. I just think it's sad and childish the way they seemed to exclude and isolate her once they knew she was going on the block. I felt bad for her.

• Love 3

I'll give Brandi some (very-slight) credit:  she was the only player who didn't try to humiliate Shannon at the POV draw.  I don't know who I hated more—Ross for holding up his hands and demanding the high-10 that Shannon had zero interest in giving, or Ofuckoffanddie for jumping up and down like she was ecstatic to play and Shannon was her bestie for having picked her, but at least Brandi had the class to be summoned and stand silently instead of being an ass about it.

Mind you, she'd been a complete ass to Shannon at multiple other occasions throughout the week, but I at least appreciated that brief moment of decency.  And even though she only cast the "hinky vote" to sow suspicion against James, it's still nicer to go out by 5-1 than 6-0.

Ross is working my last nerve, though.  He's so clearly "disappointed" that Shannon can't "understand" that he "had" to betray her, and it was just "game" and he loves her, blah-blah-blah.  Hey, asshole! You turned on a Final 4 ally on the second HoH of the season.  Which, she had arranged for you to win.  And you want to claim she was "overplaying"??  Shannon had held with you from the original 7-person alliance, to the 5-person alliance that flipped on Keisha/Owhatapieceoffilth/Chuck, to the Final Four that you and James came to her about, it wasn't even her idea.  Her two closest allies were you and Fat Ass Marissa (if you're wondering why we have a sit-down wall comp, Ms.  "I just want to make it out of the live episode before I fall" Winokur would be why…I wonder if she demanded it in the DR after the 3.05 embarrassment of the first HoH?), and you knifed her less than a day into your first chance to do so.  Nah, why should Shannon be pissed about that?

Okay, it's arguable Shannon will be even more upset with Fatso, who spat on a real outside-the-house friendship to ally with people who have no actual allegiance to her inside.  (I mean, Shannon and Marissa might patch things up on the outside, but having someone you can completely trust is a lot different that going to the F4 with the Brandi/Ari pair and Ohaha the Designated Goat/Producer Pet.  What, is Marissa going to suddenly win comps to make the F2?)  So yes, Marissa was offensive and stupid to backstab Shannon…but at least she wasn't pouting her ass off about how she just doesn't understand , etc.  

Meantime, Ross has somehow missed that he's back in an "all-girl" alliance that is going to drop him at the first opportunity; he might make F5, but Brandi is clearly going to keep Ojeezitsachoremockingher rather than Ross, so he's right back to being as disposable as he feared he was going to be during the first HoH (and Brandi's casting the hinky vote to attack James shows that she has no intention of keeping her promises to him, so…).  Way to go, genius.  

Now if only you would go, for real.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, SecretSK said:

I don't like Brandi, but I felt some sympathy that she didn't get to see her kids. When I saw Andy, I guessed the "no kids on TV" clause must extend to all TV and not just Bravo productions.

My husband was very upset they didn't put Omarosa up as a replacement nominee. He's not wrong. I suspect producer shenanigans. I'm confident they want to keep her for as long as possible.

As for Shannon, I don't have an issue with targeting and nominating her. She played way too hard at the beginning of the game. I just think it's sad and childish the way they seemed to exclude and isolate her once they knew she was going on the block. I felt bad for her.

Very true, but Brandi and Ari were the main ones avoiding Shannon because they didn't want her to get to them to try to plead her case.  They would stay in the HoH room to avoid her, so she couldn't talk to them.  That was childish and cowardly, I agree.  If you're going to make big moves in the house, you have to be prepared to answer questions and deal with upset people, and stand behind your reasons for making those choices.  But other people in the house were trying to talk to Shannon and cheer her up.   Metta came into a room at one point and was trying to hug Shannon to comfort her, and she essentially ignored him as she sat there with her arms solidly at her side.

Shannon -- the supposed BB super fan who supposedly knows and understands the game so well -- then isolated herself when people were trying to talk to her.    She was the one who sulked, sniffed, pouted and moped,  and even got Production to  keep the lights off in the bedroom (much earlier in the night than usual) for her, while others had to tiptoe around and try not to bang into the beds in the dark as they groped around to locate their things.   They were essentially inconvenienced because poor Shannon was sad.   She was acting as though she had been in the game for two months and was betrayed, as opposed to just a couple of weeks.  In a short season like this, people have to make big moves very quickly.  No time to waste.   They don't have all kinds of time to wait and get her out later.  

And Shannon's feeble attempts at guilting people to keep her by reminding them that she got kicked off of Dancing with the Stars early too, and didn't want to go out so early on BB, were pitiful....   carrying on about how everyone has been against her from the start, and how she has no friends.     It was not only ridiculous, but it was too little, too late.     She did not do a good job at fighting to stay in the house with any kind of solid arguments, and at one point she even whined about how the game "was not fun" for her anymore, and how she no longer loved the game of BB.   People who try that hard to make others feel bad for them (as they wallow in their Pity Party of One) usually end up causing the opposite thing to happen, and people resent those tactics and don't feel bad at all.      But, she did manage to keep some people feeling bad for her up until the end.

It was time for her to leave.  I did not feel bad for one second once she started acting like a 6-year-old.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Evenshorter said:

My fav part was when James was brought into the room by Marissa to discuss if Omarosa was lying - couldn't take my eyes off of Brandi playing, stroking and organizing her many pieces of hair extensions.

This was such a disturbing backdrop! There was a curly brunette wig/extension on one of the boxes too, it was like a hair salon blew up in there. Chunks of fake hair laying everywhere, to my horror.

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I view CBB (and BB) as nothing more than a heavily manipulated, occasionally scripted, reality show, with some game like competitions added to it.  Now, whether those competitions are always on the up and up, I think is very much open to question.

I found it interesting that some people said they were "looking for a light switch" while others said 'I was looking for the light cord" but couldn't find it. Some people were definitely feeling the walls for a switch and others seemed to know they were looking for something dangling somewhere in the room.

What was with Omarosa hiding her face during the glimpse we got of the HoH? That was really odd imho.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

And Shannon's feeble attempts at guilting people to keep her by reminding them that she got kicked off of Dancing with the Stars early too, and didn't want to go out so early on BB, were pitiful....   carrying on about how everyone has been against her from the start, and how she has no friends.  

Yeah...why don't YOU sacrifice yourself for poor pitiful ME so I can walk away with all the money (sniff, sniff, maniacal laugh)?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I read that Omarosa's net worth was around 2 million, but she was also left a large portion of the estate from that actor she was engaged to who died, I can't remember his name. 

Michael Clarke Duncan (December 10, 1957 – September 3, 2012).    I wonder if she includes hair and wardrobe when declaring her net worth.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

It was time for her to leave.  I did not feel bad for one second once she started acting like a 6-year-old.

I agree.  She was very childish, and the more she sniffed and complained, the more I wanted her to go.  Whining so much about it not being fair was ridiculous because this is a game where everything within the rules is fair.  I thought her sense of entitlement was obnoxious. 

In addition to not playing the game in a smart way (I far prefer someone like James who rolls with the punches), she also didn't show herself in a very good light as far as future employment.  Let's face it - None of these "celebrities" are A-listers, and I'm sure most of them went on this show for the exposure (as well as money).  IMO, after a good start, she really shot herself in the foot by demonstrating loud and clear how quickly she jumps to "It's not fair", and how she handles situations when things don't go her way.   One good emotional cry might have been understandable, but she did not let it go.  No one wants to work with someone who so easily resorts to pouting and sulking, and who expects special treatment because her feelings have been hurt.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, ghoulina said:

How pathetic is it that they couldn't scrounge up anyone closer to Brandi than her freaking ex-boss, Andy Cohen? 

It's possible he's not an ex.  I think he finds ways for her to continue earning Bravo money.

• Love 1

I found Shannon’s speech about not riding elephants on vacation to be pretty funny considering a CBS show JUST showed people riding elephants as a reality show task two days before.

I was squicked out by the jaunty music they played when Mark was wondering about what news was going on outside the house.  I know they were intending it to underscore more infernal White House talk but considering what else went on in the country this week?  Maybe use different music or cut out Mark’s comment and just get to what they think is ratings gold, apparently, and they can just shut the fuck about that any time soon.

Marissa, gross.  And how unfortunate for her that they showed it in the same ep where she blatted about her son.

• Love 1

Boy, they really do pad this show. I recorded it and all I skipped were the ads, even sat thru that pointlessly long Veto comp and took a couple of bathroom breaks and also was cooking supper, and I still got thru in about an hour and a half. I guess the show isn't doing awful against the Olympics, so they have to milk it for all it's worth.

I remember see American Pie & thinking Shannon was beautiful and all these years later, she's still beautiful. I'm all for saving elephants and rhinos, but since I had steak last night and brats tonight, I'm guessing she'd probably hate me. I grew up in a meat-eating household and I will continue to do so til I drop dead ( probably of clogged arteries !)

• Love 2