Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Are You Ready for Some Zombies?

Cranberry

I'm just catching up. I forgot when the show was coming back and only saw the promo when I was catching up on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend from the DVR. It was a VERY long hiatus.

Anyway, I wasn't in love with this episode but I do think they're making an effort to regroup after losing their way a bit in season 3. What I love the most is how they're picking up on loose threads with Major (yay that someone remembers he used to be a social worker), Ravi (vaccine), Blaine (his dad in the well), the whole zombie outbreak/vaccine debacle, The Scratching Post is still a thing, etc. I thought the Seahawks thing was a bit dull as a case of the week but maybe it was hilarious if you care about football/football fans. I did like the final conclusion of the case though.

Wait... these kids are on the street and yet only one of them looks like Liv? How can they afford hair dye and fake tan as well as everything necessary to support themselves? Is there an industry or a free service in the zombie part of Seattle to help zombies look like "normal" people? Why are they trying to blend in if being in the quarantine zone means they are most likely zombies?

I was curious what the guillotine was for. It's interesting that the worst crime they're imagining is scratching a human. What about all the other crimes? Will all (at least violent... murder, rape, assault, etc.) zombie crimes be punished by death penalty? Do they have other options? Obviously zombies wouldn't be allowed in the same prison system in regular Seattle. 

Did Blaine have this fine dining restaurant last season? I'm interested in seeing more of this zombie/human interaction though I hope they don't go overboard with any parallels to other marginalized groups, especially since a lot of the cast is white.

I could not place Adam Kaufman (Derek, the lawyer Peyton is seeing). I had to look it up to realize he also plays Robert on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Crazy that they'd have that connection on two shows on the same network.

Poor Major. Always being put in such a tough position. I do think he made the right call in the two he called out and while it seems crazy it is logical that with their zombie power-ups, teenagers could conceivably be Fillmore Graves soldiers even if they aren't as buff as the typical dudes this show fills the cast with. Jordan and Fisher could be interesting. I hope they don't get killed immediately or something dumb like that. 

I'm so confused about Angus right now. Has Blaine's torture sent him off the deep end? Because he's definitely regurgitating things Blaine has said to him but he still seems to have his own goals that he's pursuing and to be somewhat charismatic and compelling in his own crazy way.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2018 at 7:15 PM, kieyra said:

Football jokes, wrong demographic for this show.

According to who? Rob Thomas is a football/sports fan and has sprinkled plenty of sports jokes and references in his shows. He played college football at TCU. The name Major Lillywhite (who was an all conference defensive back at Washington) is a football joke, he's named after former University of Texas all conference quarterback Major Applewhite (the school Rob eventually graduated from). 

College and Pro football are immensely popular in this country, you'd be hard pressed to find any demographic category that doesn't include a significant level of fandom. 

27 minutes ago, moonshine71 said:

College and Pro football are immensely popular in this country, you'd be hard pressed to find any demographic category that doesn't include a significant level of fandom. 

I'm not sure that's true, especially since women probably make up a significant percentage of the audience. I know that there are a lot of women who are football fans, but there are also a lot of women who don't find anything interesting about a violent game in which a bunch of men smash into each other in order to score points. I'm one of those women and so is my daughter (60-something and 30-something, respectively).  Interestingly, my husband is a huge football fan but also enjoys iZombie, which at least in the beginning he thought would not get into (because it seemed like it would be a "chick" show).

• Love 1