Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Are You Ready for Some Zombies?

Cranberry

While investigating the murder of a Seattle Seahawk superfan, Liv has a surprising vision. Meanwhile, Major is assigned the task of mentoring young, homeless zombies, and Ravi is still carrying a torch for Peyton. Lastly, Blaine is dealing with a threat looming from his past.

I don't think they ever resolved that plot line about the stolen cures.  It must have been one of the radicals in the bioterrorist cell that attacked Seattle.

I hope they find a cure, and I hope the CDC is working full force on this.

This was jam-packed with updates, but it was fun.  They managed to keep the episode format remarkably similar, but changed the context.  I can't tell how much time passed between the end of last season and the beginning of this season.  Society is operating pretty well, considering.  Fillmore Graves appears to have some kind of official martial law thing going.  Clive referenced one of their rules when he was interviewing the wife and son suspects so that he could take their blood pressure.  He's still by the book, but the book changed.  Looks like Clive and Liv's partnership was a model for the rest of the department since they've set up other zombie/human teams.

So Ravi is a part time zombie.  Odd choice.  I guess everyone but Clive and Peyton can take on a random personality now and then.

Despite his restraints Blaine now has a fine dining restaurant, a bar, and a funeral home going.  Quite the entrepreneur.

I had no doubt that Robert Knepper would rise from the well, but I didn't anticipate that he'd have gone crazy.  Nice make-up on him with the bits of algae.

• Love 7

So happy to see iZombie back, though I wasn't wild about this episode.  I wish they had put off returning to a COTW format until after they had gotten us more up to speed with what's changed since last season's finale.  I thought football brain was an annoying dud, though I might just be the wrong audience for it as I don't know or care enough about football for any of the jokes to land.  

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

I can't tell how much time passed between the end of last season and the beginning of this season. 

It's been 4 months.  Clive mentions that in the beginning of the episode.

• Love 1

I would have much rather had the show concentrate on how Seattle is or isn't working now that zombies have been revealed. Homeless zombies turning tricks for brains is the last thing they need. Besides Major's teen group, Fillmore Graves should be running shelters and job placement services. Regular homelessness is bad, but a homeless population that turns into rage filled killing machines when they're hungry is not something they can afford to have happen.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11

I am so glad this show is back, it always puts me in such a good mood.  It's smart, well-acted and funny, and has an attention to detail (like Jordan's brain headband thing) that is amazing.  I thought it was a good catch-up episode, but I always like the COTW approach (not a seahawk fan, though Liv's face-makeup and wig were pretty funny).  My favorite moment:  The brains on the conveyor belt, for some reason that just cracked me up.  My least favorite:  Ravi the naturalist, that's cheap, unnecessary joke. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MisterGlass said:

Despite his restraints Blaine now has a fine dining restaurant, a bar, and a funeral home going.  Quite the entrepreneur.

I see you and raise you two food trucks (although one got destroyed), a helicopter tour, a boat tour (which sank), and a shave ice business

(and did I mention that he's a convicted felon).

• Love 3

Welcome back, iZombie! The premiere was fun, and I do think I liked it better than a lot of last season's episodes. Then again, it's just the premiere so there's time to get to season 3 bad. Now the writers can have some fun with not just Liv being a zombie, but essentially half the characters. It does allow for some interesting dynamics to be built, especially with the subtle shift between humans and zombies. Clive is already experiencing some of the subtle changes now that Seattle's exposes as a zombie town. 

I see that we're finally getting back to Major's previous career and his connection with youth. In hindsight, all the homeless youth zombies should technically have white hair and not just one (and a half) of them, but I actually enjoyed the subplot overall. It's actually nice to see that Major actually has a storyline set up.

So, Ravi's a zombie, but only sometimes? Ok? I'm not completely sure if I'm going to love that arc, but I would have hated him being full zombie.

Blaine, ever the entrepreneur, as is his dad. Who, speaking of, went crazy down in the well. I will say the makeup on Robert Knepper is fantastic. 

I'm hoping this season redeems Peyton. I really want to like her but after the disaster that was her romance with Blaine and her treatment of Ravi, I'm going to need a serious upgrade with her. The issue is that Peyton's been quite the stick in the mud, and not like Clive has. I need some more humour from her as a character.

• Love 5

I’m going to hand wave that all the zombies have access to hair dye, makeup and spray tans. No reason for those things to be rationed just because brains are.

Has it ever been firmly established that zombies can’t eat animal brains? Even if they could, I assume no one wants to be stuck acting like a rat or a possum for a few days.

Is Blaine the only enterprising zombie criminal in the city?

• Love 2

Why wouldn't they paint over the Z or at least cover it with something that doesn't let the edges show, if the kid is "in the closet"?

The Wall to Keep Them In was funny to me, along with Blaine pointedly mentioning his suspicion that they are also digging tunnels to get out, because I took it as wry commentary on current events in the real world.

I don't mind Liv being the only zombie who looks like a zombie, but the constant commenting on it within the show is starting to annoy me. It's like they're begging us to find it strange.

I can't imagine a brain that smells like lilac and honeydew.

• Love 6

iZombie is back and continues to get crazier!

While I enjoyed the case of the week since I knew enough about the Seattle Seahawks to get most of the jokes (certainly how they bungled the Superbowl against the Patriots.  Y'all could have been back to back champs!  And beaten both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady to do it!  Y'all could have been legends!) and, shallowly, Rose McIver in that low-top Seahawks shirt was not a look I was expecting her to rock, I kind wanted them to take a break tonight and focus more on how this new, zombie populated Seattle operates, and how it has effected both humans and zombies.  We got some decent glimpses, but I really wished they delved into it more.  Hopefully they'll sprinkle some more fun tidbits in future episodes.

So, Ravi's... kind of a zombie?  It seems like the cure works for a while, but then he regresses and while he still maintains his human form, he does have to eat a brain.  Also looks like everyone else knows about it.  At least this should lead to Rahul Kohli getting to do some fun stuff.

Bozzio's the new captain?  I approve this very much!

Glad to see Blaine and Don E. haven't let all of this stop them from being productive "businessmen!"

Hard to really get into the Angus stuff, after hearing about the recent accusations leveled at Robert Knepper.  And he used to be one of my favorites too.  I guess he was more like T-Bag then I wanted to admit...

Oh, hey, Peyton's still around.

I'm hard pressed to find anyone who can pull off reaction shots/moments like Malcolm Goodwin can.  Clive continues to be the best. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Athena5217 said:

I’m going to hand wave that all the zombies have access to hair dye, makeup and spray tans. No reason for those things to be rationed just because brains are.

I don't think they're rationed, but I would imagine they do still cost money.  I don't have a problem with employed zombies and zombies supported by people with money keeping up with their dye jobs and spray tans, but perfectly tanned and dyed homeless zombies makes no sense.  

• Love 10

I don't like the direction the show has taken. I don't like this whole militia/walled in city thing, I don't like the fact that there are so many zombies, I don't like that Ravi is a part time zombie, I don't like that Blaine's father is back, I just don't like it.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 13

I would just like to point out that the only people who say "San Fran" are people who aren't from San Francisco/the Bay Area so Doc Greeley can suck it.

But the whole Doc/Clint feud was so dumb. I don't understand getting so invested in a sports team that you would vandalize someone's car.

Ha, best use of an MC Hammer song ever? After all the Knepper allegations, I wish they had left Angus in the well. Hopefully Blaine will get to kill him soon.

And Parker Abrams is back!

I hope this "can you help the homeless zombie teenagers/who would you want in a foxhole with you?" thing finally made Major realize that he can never take Chase Graves at his word or really trust him. I loved how Major got to dive back into his old job and got the kids talking and joking (not being ravenous always helps) so I was as disappointed as he was when it turned out that Chase just wanted to know which ones to recruit. That "until you usurp me" line will come back to bite Chase in the ass, right? I predict the girl will be the one who turns on Chase or tries to organize a rebellion against FG. She will think she can find a better way to feed and protect the new zombies and get fed up with the party line.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

I don't think they're rationed, but I would imagine they do still cost money.  I don't have a problem with employed zombies and zombies supported by people with money keeping up with their dye jobs and spray tans, but perfectly tanned and dyed homeless zombies makes no sense.  

I didn't even notice that, but that's a good point.  Really big plot hole, just because the makeup department didn't feel like spending the time.

I'm a little bothered that bioterrorists got to rule the city they just attacked, but I can at least understand it.  The U.S. government is essentially stuck and had to make a deal with the devil to keep this thing from spreading out of control within Seattle or beyond.

The thing with Liv essentially getting dominated by the brain she ate was stupid.  It's sort of like Flanderization, but with a rotating set of character traits.  It seems a bit of a strain to think that the old dynamic of zombie vision assisted homicides would work.  I think that, knowing what zombies can do, a decent murderer would take the time to destroy the brain.  Although I guess most murders aren't committed by professional assassins.

The guillotine seems poorly built and needlessly gory.  Why crush the brain instead of going for the classic move of just cutting off the head?  Decapitation should still kill a zombie.  Or maybe not.  Maybe you'd just have a zombie head rolling around.

• Love 2

I find it impossible to believe that a few zombies didn't sneak out during the mass human exodus before the wall went up.  I'd expect the entire country to be paranoid about any new neighbor.

Also, is Ravi still the only person working on a zombie cure?  You'd think the government would be all over that, especially since his version is partially successful.  That being said, the guy is still a total moron for using himself as the test subject. 

• Love 10

Really enjoyed the epu... Glad the show is back... Interested yo see how Angus being hailed as some kind if prophet is going to go down as it seems he will be pushing an anarchy type message... I like that major is back to helping kids.. I hope Jordan and capt Seattle don't die too soon... I am also interested in seeing how well everyone is adjusting to the new status quo.. Parts were  sprinkled  in but in nothing went in depth... Also where is Justin did he die?  Was he sent away not saying him and live should be back together.. But an update would be cool 

I want to know how zombie-ism works with non-white people.  How does skin tone work biologically?  Darker skinned people produce more melanin, right?  Why does the zombie virus make people pale?  Does it just drain all the melanin from their skin?  If so, wouldn't race essentially cease to exist among zombies?

Do black people also turn pale white?  Are the black zombies just painting themselves dark brown?  If black people turned into zombies become pale and then have to color their skin manually, does that mean that a black person turned into a zombie could essentially become a white person?

• Love 4
On 2/27/2018 at 8:57 AM, Thrifty said:

Do black people also turn pale white?  Are the black zombies just painting themselves dark brown?  If black people turned into zombies become pale and then have to color their skin manually, does that mean that a black person turned into a zombie could essentially become a white person?

I think Lt. Suzuki had a gray wash over his regular skin tone when he started zombie-ing out. It might be the same for other zombies of color.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:13 AM, dubbel zout said:

Can zombies eat zombie brains? Maybe crushing the brain will prevent that?

No. I'm pretty sure that Liv has said that zombie brains provide no nutritional value and taste disgusting, 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, possibilities said:

They've said that most of the zombies are dying hair and using tanner to pass as non-zombies. I'm sure it's a budget thing at this point, to save the show money on actor zombification make up.

Does tanner exist for black people?  They don't tan.

3 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

Yes like hair dye exists for black hair. It might not be noticeable. 

Black skin darkens and burns and gets sun related skin cancer. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

10 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Yes like hair dye exists for black hair. It might not be noticeable. 

Black skin darkens and burns and gets sun related skin cancer. 

Black people don't tan. That's news to me as a Black African woman who has gotten a sun burn and gotten darker. In fact, I always wear sunscreen when I'm going to be out in the sun for extended periods because no one loves weird tan lines. And I'm not light skinned at all. 

Bob Marley died from melanoma; though his cancer isn't strongly associated with UV radiation.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

We were wondering the same thing. We have the homeless zombie kids, one of whom keeps insisting her family is starving, yet she has money to spray tan (maybe) and to dye her hair (since we've seen Ravi's hair turning white, one could assume that it would be the same for every race, not just caucasians)? 

That aside, I thought it was a fun episode and I'm glad to see they are taking a chance and trying something new. I do not see how they can maintain an entire city of zombies for too long, though. I thought the Seahawks super-fan thing was funny, but probably because I'm a big football fan myself. But, I didn't understand how quickly she stopped watching the game when Peyton came home. 

I still preferred it in the earlier seasons when Liv didn't go full-on into the personality of the brain she'd eaten that week - I liked it better when we just saw flashes of that person, rather than her entire personality changing for the duration of the brain.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Thrifty said:

Well that's interesting to know.

I'm still curious what happens to black people who get turned into zombies.  Of course, none of us can answer from personal experience.

I remember thinking that Justin had one hell of a spray tan. I don’t think they are being consistent.  

• Love 1

If zombies smell bad on the show, why did nobody comment on Liv smelling? Or was she just kidding? 

It was okay, but I would have preferred a bit of build-up to this. Is Bozzio a zombie? Weed that Ravi is only a part-time zombie. I thought he and peyton got back together, last season, but maybe I was thinking of an earlier episode.

I saw Malcolm Goodwin's live instagram thing last night, with Rahul. One person commented, "go the f**k back to England" which I thought was rude, but they both cracked up at it. :) I envy their friendships. 

7 hours ago, Thrifty said:

I want to know how zombie-ism works with non-white people.  How does skin tone work biologically?  Darker skinned people produce more melanin, right?  Why does the zombie virus make people pale?  Does it just drain all the melanin from their skin?  If so, wouldn't race essentially cease to exist among zombies?

What odd - almost offensive - questions.  I almost laughed until I realized that you were serious. 

I would imagine that zombies are pale due to lack of blood flow, as they are dead.  There is no blood flowing through their bodies. 

I would imagine that darker skinned black zombies would turn an ashen color. If you have ever seen a dead black person, that is what they should look like.  

Anyway, where  IS Justin?  I don't remember him dying last season. 

David Anders is a good actor - the way that he looked at Peyton almost made me ship them. Blaine truly misses her - which surprised me, for some reason.

Isn't LT a step down for Bozzio? 

I don't care about football at all so I could not get into the case of the week.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anela said:

If zombies smell bad on the show, why did nobody comment on Liv smelling? Or was she just kidding? 

I took that to be a comment from the brain and not Liv... football guy hated zombies, so I could see him claiming they smelled "bad."

Count me as someone else who was underwhelmed by this episode (and who also immediately wondered why the zombie kids had the resources to be so "normal" looking).

• Love 4

Football jokes, wrong demographic for this show.

I'd forgotten Jason Dohring was back. :/ And 'roided up or something. Acting is still painfully wooden.

I guess I'm still in it for Liv, Clive and Major, but largely unsure what's going on.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mochamajesty said:

I would imagine that zombies are pale due to lack of blood flow, as they are dead.  There is no blood flowing through their bodies. 

I would imagine that darker skinned black zombies would turn an ashen color. If you have ever seen a dead black person, that is what they should look like. 

That does make a lot more sense.  I didn't think about it in terms of blood flow. 

I know football fans can be pretty crazy, but I've never heard of one dressing up in a weird costume to watch a game at home.

• Love 3

Hearing about how the teens were kicked out by their families made me think about Liv's family. Now that everyone knows about zombie they would have obviously put two and two together. They'd know why she went weird after the boat fire, understand her new look, her estrangement from Major, her career change and most importantly why she refused to give blood to her brother. Either one of them would have gotten in touch by now or Liv would have reached out, if for no other reason than to make sure they were ok in New Seattle.

• Love 12

Did he die in the party house explosion? I don't know--it's been so long that I've forgotten a lot of the plot.

That's what I thought--wasn't she FBI before? I also can't remember what the status of her relationship with Clive was at the end of last season.

34 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:
1 hour ago, Anela said:

I took that to be a comment from the brain and not Liv... football guy hated zombies, so I could see him claiming they smelled "bad."

Agree that this was a comment from the brain of the football guy who hated zombies.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

Justin turned out to be pro-mass infection.  I don't remember him dying, so maybe they just broke ties.

1 hour ago, Paloma said:
3 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

That's what I thought--wasn't she FBI before? I also can't remember what the status of her relationship with Clive was at the end of last season.

She was FBI, but she's now infected.  I guess in quarantine LT was the best offer she had.  She and Clive had just gotten back together when she got infected.  I remember there was a touching moment near the end where he was helping her dye her hair.

21 hours ago, Twilight Man said:

I see you and raise you two food trucks (although one got destroyed), a helicopter tour, a boat tour (which sank), and a shave ice business

Diverse investment strategy.

• Love 1

Here's a question, what about Liv's family? The last time we saw her mother & brother, the brother needed blood & Liv said no & couldn't tell them why & that was the last we saw of them. Are they ever coming back? She can explain it now, so it seems like they should be.

• Love 6

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode (or season). I enjoy seeing the iZombie cast and characters back together, but the whole new premise just seems so not like the show I have enjoyed the past three seasons. Season three went off the rails a bit (lots of dropped or unresolved plotlines- did we ever even find out who killed Dan the DM in "Twenty Sided Die," not to mention the whole Russia angle?), and while the season finale made it clear this was the new normal, the new normal is just very abnormal.

Characters seem off the mark- I still don't recognize the Major that Major has become since last season. Blaine is a lovesick toady. Ravi is just acting wacky this episode and while I'm sure Rahul Kahuli is enjoying getting to play in the same playground that Rose Mciver has been enjoying, it is just such a complete turnaround from his normal dedicated and wry self that I don't really like it. Speaking of Rose, she has increasingly become little more than a caricature of whatever the "Brain of the Week" is and this episode was no exception. Rose isn't a Rose any longer.

They've even apparently offed Dino just as he finally got a few lines and a bit of character (I kind of figured that was going to be his death knell).

On a positive note, Clive is still the same character we've come to know and love and hasn't lost his edge yet (I'm really curious to know the state of his relationship with Debozzio, who I'm assuming was canned from the FBI or is just otherwise unable to continue in that role, and so was appointed head of the New Seattle PD by Chase Graves? Dunno). It was kind of cool to see Angus come back from the pit and turn into the Prophet (echoing the praise for his makeup job); I especially liked how his madness has driven him to view Blaine's yammerings from above to be the voice of God.

Somehow, with all the chaos going on in New Seattle, the episode of the week police procedural format just doesn't seem nearly as pertinent nor exciting. 

I don't know if I'm in this season for the long haul or not. I'll give it another episode or two.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

It was kind of cool to see Angus come back from the pit and turn into the Prophet (echoing the praise for his makeup job); I especially liked how his madness has driven him to view Blaine's yammerings from above to be the voice of God.

Thanks for clearing that up--I was confused about why Angus was repeating Blaine's words, and for some reason it didn't occur to me that Angus had gone mad and would hear Blaine's voice as the voice of a deity! 

9 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

She was FBI, but she's now infected.  I guess in quarantine LT was the best offer she had.  She and Clive had just gotten back together when she got infected.  I remember there was a touching moment near the end where he was helping her dye her hair.

I completely forgot about her getting infected and him helping her dye her hair. Guess I need to rewatch at least the last couple of episodes of the previous season.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Anela said:

It was okay, but I would have preferred a bit of build-up to this. Is Bozzio a zombie? Weed that Ravi is only a part-time zombie. I thought he and peyton got back together, last season, but maybe I was thinking of an earlier episode.

I saw Malcolm Goodwin's live instagram thing last night, with Rahul. One person commented, "go the f**k back to England" which I thought was rude, but they both cracked up at it. :) I envy their friendships. 

The brain she is on is a zombie hater. She says several prejudiced things about zombies. And San Francisco. 

Speaking of Liv the difference between foot ball fan Liv and basketball Liv is huge  I’m getting really fast forward tired of the lack of subtlety  

Bozzio was vaccinated so yes, zombie  

• Love 1

Sadly Knepper is my favorite part and the plot i’m eager to watch. Prophet with a hammer. Heh. I see him at Blaine’s restaurant. Writes itself.  I’m assuming everything filmed by the time the sexual assault accusations were revealed? And why the fork do people do this stuff?

i hope Chase developers some actual depth and so little empathy makes a poor leader  is this a comment on Trump? I want to find out why he’s this way if he’s going to get screen time every episode. Use it for two things.

Love zero tolerance and Blaine’s ‘message received’.  Also Clive’s ‘why bother, someone’s going to drop a Nuke,’

I thought of Thrifty....

if brains are in that short supply how are they getting the fancy curated brains? Above board or below? They already killed the astronaut.

the buffalo brain nuggets looked delicious.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

No because pasty white isn’t normal without blood, most white people arent dead white like papertowels and the white hair? Also zombies have sex and maintaining an erection depends on blood flow. And reversible so basic functions would have to be maintained. I think it just plain doesn’t make sense?

either virus eats coloring and everyone white but someone who starts out black would transform to dead white slower? Or magic!

Edited by Affogato

After 4 seasons, my wife just realized that Major's last name is Lilywhite!!  LOL

re skin tone/color: on a meta level, the CW is far better at diversity than the other nets, and having a character like Jordan (who is also SUPER ccute!) helps with that.  If she dies, I might be out.

On another meta level, may=be they spent so much on Angus' makeup, they didn't have any money left for Jordan.

On 2/26/2018 at 11:38 PM, AnimeMania said:

Was wondering if the murder victim was ground up in a vat of brains, how Liv had a entire brain to cut up and eat.

It could be he was put in feet first?  But, yeah, I caught that too.  If he was put in head first, not only would there not be a whole brain, but it would be mixed wit all the other brains in the bowl.

On 2/26/2018 at 11:38 PM, AnimeMania said:

I liked the show better when there were only a few undiscovered zombies,

The Undiscovered Zombie is my favorite Star Trek movie.  Or maybe The Undiscovered Zombies is my new band name.  I don't know...

On 2/27/2018 at 4:18 AM, UNOSEZ said:

I hope Jordan and capt Seattle don't die too soon...

I hope they don't die at all.  Both are better actors and characters than Chase Graves.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

The Undiscovered Zombie is my favorite Star Trek movie.  Or maybe The Undiscovered Zombies is my new band name.  I don't know...

I hope they don't die at all.  Both are better actors and characters than Chase Graves.

I like the star trek movie idea as a fan made short.

About acting:  Jordan and the other kids didn’t do much so I don’t think there is any way to tell about their acting, but they were pleasant and likable, which isn’t hard because they are set up to be sympathetic. Teens thrown out by their parents and feeding the starving siblings. Wrestling like puppies. We want them to succeed. Chase is a dry, rigid and unlikable and opaque character and so far that seems to be the intention in all of his interactions with subordinates. I think it may be a choice. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

About acting:  Jordan and the other kids didn’t do much so I don’t think there is any way to tell about their acting

I dunno.  I've been impressed with someone's acting after a few short scenes and Jade Peyton impressed me.  (I've been unimpressed by actors in a short scene as well...)  She didn't have much to do, but she sold a variety of emotions in a short time.

• Love 1

I’ve made decisions on books based on a sentence and agreed with my the accessment later. I also think most tv actors can do better than most roles allow for a number of reasons, including being cast to type. Jordan was certainly one of the kids who was supposed to stand out so someone must have liked her in casting. 

Im not a shipper but in Veronica mars Dohring sustained a high level of acting, really top notch and widely ranged,  over a long period of time so I’m inclined to assume he isn’t suddenly bad. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Im not a shipper but in Veronica mars Dohring sustained a high level of acting, really top notch and widely ranged,  over a long period of time so I’m inclined to assume he isn’t suddenly bad. 

Maybe the extreme bodybuilding (and/or steroids?) affected his ability to act? But I may just be biased because I prefer the body type he had in VM.

• Love 4

This is not the series I signed up for.  I was seriously not impressed by Malcolm's acting or character or by Major's or Peyton the first two seasons.  The first two seasons, I was in it strictly for Ravi.  But in S3, Ravi changed, and the other two guys became more interesting while Peyton became insufferable.  I know it is only one episode into season 4, but I don't need Angus at all, never warmed to Blaine, and Rose McIver seems like a guest star instead of the protagonist of her own show.  I like Dohring on Moonlight because of the character he played, Josef Kosten, but Chase doesn't have any charisma.  These writers need to step up and reorganize the characters because as of now, we have too many in a crowded field.

• Love 3