Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Schweedie

Rule 32: Enjoy the Little Things

18 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

You're not?

Ah, but the irony is that many folks in the 2010's were nostalgic about the 1990's, folks in the 1990's were nostalgic about the 1970's, folks in the 1970's were nostalgic about the 1950's and so on and so on and so on! LOL

• Like 3

Gaslight:

In one scene where Paula and Gregory are embracing, his hand is very briefly clutching her throat in a none-too-romantic way. A subtle, effective hint at Gregory's true identity.

Okay, fine, we knew it all along, but I always appreciate intelligent visual storytelling, unlike the annoying play-by-play narration of the recent Witches remake.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch · Reason: 'Cause his name is Gregory, not Gregor. You're slipping, WF.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Gaslight:

In one scene where Paula and Gregory are embracing, his hand is very briefly clutching her throat in a none-too-romantic way. A subtle, effective hint at Gregory's true identity.

Okay, fine, we knew it all along, but I always appreciate intelligent visual storytelling, unlike the annoying play-by-play narration of the recent Witches remake.

I love stuff like that, where, on first watch you might not even notice, or realize the meaning of the moment, but on rewatch you're like OMG that is some brilliant forshadowing there! I love catching things the second time around that I overlooked the first time as meaningless. 

• Like 4

On 6/23/2019 at 7:41 PM, Wiendish Fitch said:

I love how in My Cousin Vinny, Vinny and Lisa may bicker and aren't above being shrill and tactless with one another, but whenever we see them sleeping in bed, they're always cuddled super close. That is real love, and you can tell how truly devoted they are to each other. 

I just watched My Cousin Vinny because there is a post on The MarySue about lawyer movies that lawyers rate highly and My Cousin Vinny is one that is cited over and over again.  I learned that it is actually used as a teaching material and judges and law professors often cite it as a great example of the rules of the trial litigation. The one thing it fails on is the depiction of the bumbling public defender.

Anyway, I fired it up. And there is one scene where the DA is giving his opening statement and he make some comment about the word 'verdict' meaning 'truth' and that it is an old english word that comes from "England, where all our ancestors came from " and the camera cuts to and settles on the face of an  African-American juror who has a 'WTF' look on her face.   LOL.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I just watched My Cousin Vinny because there is a post on The MarySue about lawyer movies that lawyers rate highly and My Cousin Vinny is one that is cited over and over again.  I learned that it is actually used as a teaching material and judges and law professors often cite it as a great example of the rules of the trial litigation. The one thing it fails on is the depiction of the bumbling public defender.

One day, a few years ago, when I was taking a college course, we could hear My Cousin Vinny playing from the other classroom.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Like 4

I love the scene in Matilda where she’s just playing with her friends and helping them catching the newt, because it subverts the trope that the Smart Girl is always a loner. The other kids knew Matilda was smarter than them but they never treated her like a freak.

• Like 9

On 6/23/2019 at 6:04 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or how they made up when Lisa refused to testify, but changed her mind after she saw the pictures of the actual getaway car, I think.😂😄😄

I love how proud of her he was when she was testifying. 

In Thor: Ragnarok, I can't tell you how disappointed I would have been if they had left out the "hey big guy, the sun's getting real low..." moment during his fight with the Hulk. The fact that he kept repeating "sun's getting low, sun's getting low..." whenever there was a stressful moment that made him afraid the Hulk was going to resurface made it even better.

• Like 4