Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: HOH #3 Nominations #3

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I so wish they wouldn't show Omarosa talking about working for the Trump White House as I view her as nothing but a liar in any and all situations, so whenever she opens her mouth I immediately discount whatever she has to say.  Don't forget that she used to talk about her important role in the Clinton White House where they couldn't get rid of her fast enough.  She dominates discussions in the house with her self-importance.   The producers also love showing her confessionals whereas I would love to hear more from some of the other housemates.  It was especially rich when she went after Shannon and attacking her for plotting against her while she was in the hospital (which she reiterated over and over again).  Of course, I immediately gave a lot of credit to Shannon for doing so.  With a one hour episode I lost track of how much time they gave to Omarosa's verbal and non-verbal commentary.  I guess I just don't understand why the producers deem her to be such a "get" and are dedicating a lot of screen time to her.

They do it because it brings attention to the show.  Clips are being shown everywhere - on TV news, online, and people are talking about it..   There's lots of skepticism about what she says and what her motives are, but BB is getting a whole lot of attention.  Omarosa went pretty much from the White House to the BB House, and I don't blame them at all for capitalizing on that.   The television industry is about ratings and money above all else.  I can't stand her - I think she's arrogant and obnoxious.  But she is in fact a very good "get", and suddenly this show has new relevance.  They would be quite remiss if they filmed her dishing about her days in the WH and didn't give that a lot of screen time.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

And we haven't heard a word from either of them about being friends since then.

Exactly.  And when Shannon started suspecting that something was up, why would she not have gone to to her good friend Marissa to ask her about it or to talk about how she was feeling?  People who knew each other outside the BB house have always done that.  Other than the first day when they said they knew each other, I can't recall either of them saying or doing anything to indicate that they're friends outside the house.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

Mark is a floater and floaters are boring. That would be one of the worst final twos and a waste of the entire concept.

The episode for me took a dark turn when they did that thing with Meta not leaving the room to thwart Shannon. That made me feel very umcomortable because there was a cruelness to it and I kept feeling worse and worse for Shannon as the episode went on. In episode one Marissa claimed to be a friend but she's really just a rat in sheeps clothing.

And the two of them agreed not to tell anyone.  But Shannon couldn't keep her mouth shut for 2 minutes - She ran off and told Omarosa.   Her agreement with Marissa clearly meant nothing.  I don't see Marissa as a rat at all.  Shannon, however, proved in the first few minutes that she can't be trusted.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, stcroix said:

Thank you!  This is exactly what I meant when I said Shannon's former group were 'bullying' her.  I was in a situation where I worked in a small private school ...

I'm sorry for what you went through.  A lot of us have experiences in real life similar to that.  I had one that lasted my whole damn senior year in high school because of someone's lie to another person just because they thought it would be funny which caused a school year long shunning by everyone and the truth didn't come out until 3 days before graduation.  But I wasn't about to let them get to me and it just made me stronger and extremely independent in the end. 

But what does either of our real life experiences have to do about a game everyone knows signing up for it that it is about manipulating emotions and strategic game warfare?  Except Metta they are all superfans of the show.  So Shannon knew how all of this works going into the house.   I see Shannon and I think that if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen. 

She was fine when lording it over everyone else but the tables turn and she can't play like a good sport like James does?  In a game?  Lame.  Especially from someone who was suppose to have been a professional poker player.  Put on the damn poker face and fight to stay.  The test of a good player on Big Brother is handling the block well.  She sure as hell hasn't.  Go all Sun Tze on them and stop boo-hooing.  It isn't personal.  It is a high stakes game for a lot of money.

And the Marissa stuff from other posts?  Please.  Shannon would have cut the heart out of Marissa if it got her, Shannon, to the end.

In other words, if Big Brother isn't the blood sport for you that is fine.  But don't blame others for actually playing the game they signed up to play.  She was the one that made her nest by her early game style.

And the houseguests all talked to her after the noms anyway.  That's the last shot of the episode with everyone together with Shannon. 

Edited by green
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, green said:

I'm sorry for what you went through.  A lot of us have experiences in real life similar to that.  But what does real life have to do about a game everyone knows signing up for it that it is about manipulating emotions and strategic game warfare?  I see Shannon and I think that if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen. 

She was fine when lording it over everyone else but the tables turn and she can't play like a good sport like James does?  In a game?  Lame.  Especially from someone who was suppose to have been a professional poker player.  Put on the damn poker face and fight to stay.  The test of a good player on Big Brother is handling the block well.  She sure as hell hasn't.  Go all Sun Tze on them and stop boo-hooing.  It isn't personal.  It is a high stakes game for a lot of money.

And the Marissa stuff from other posts?  Please.  Shannon would have cut the heart out of Marissa if it got her, Shannon, to the end.

In other words, if Big Brother isn't the blood sport for you that is fine.  But don't blame others for actually playing the game they signed up to play.  She was the one that made her nest by her early game style.

And the houseguests all talked to her after the noms anyway.  That's the last shot of the episode with everyone together with Shannon. 

Great post!  I agree with every word.

Shannon would certainly have expected to be applauded if she had run over every single one of them and won in the end.  And she would have earned that.  If it means being sneaky and cut-throat, well then that's part of the game.  It's about strategy and staying one step ahead.  There are physical components, but it's mostly a social game.  Once you start taking things personally, you'd better not wallow in it or you'll be done.  The best players let that stuff go, acknowledge that it's a game, and double their efforts.

It actually surprised me when Shannon crumbled the way she did the minute things didn't go her way.   She tried too hard to dominate in the beginning and she herself put the target on her back, so it was her own strategy that did her in.  Things happen in the BB house all the time that would be completely unacceptable in real life.  Certainly she should know that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I agree.  And I also don't think Marissa and Shannon were actually friends, and certainly not close friends.  My impression was that they knew each other from having worked together, not that they were good friends for real in the real world.   They seemed to be happy that someone they had known before was also in the BB house, but I really don't think it was anything more than that.   All they really said was something like, "Let's not let on that we've met before" or "that we know each other".  (Which, btw, lasted about a minute before Shannon blabbed that info, so IMO she's not exactly a trustworthy "friend", anyway.)

Thank you !!!!!!

• Love 1

Obviously there is a lot we don’t see, and I don’t watch the feeds because I find them hard to concentrate on so perhaps this did happen, but why wouldn’t Shannon at one point before noms try to get Ari ALONE?

I understand Shannon’s plan was to talk to Ari when she went into the HOH room but was cock-blocked by Metta, but there were also like five other people in there.  And I know Shannon thought they were all still one big happy family so she thought it was just going to be an easy-breezy convo, but since she couldn’t do that, she should have just tried to talk to Ari.

And I know Ari was trying to keep that from happening, but from what was shown, Shannon didn’t try very hard.

Also, why would they want to talk to her?  Again, from what we saw, she just sat in the HOH room in the chair, didn’t speak, and then left. 

And when Shannon sat down at the kitchen table, we’re shown that she is there for five minutes, way in the back, says “I got my answer” and then walked away and pouted.  Why didn’t she sit next to Mark at the counter?  From what Mark said when she walked away, he would have talked to her and not isolated her if she sat next to him.

Mark may look like he’s perpetually frightened, but he seems like a good guy and would not ignore her if she was right next to him.

I may be misremembering all this and if so, just ignore me.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2