Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: HOH #3 Nominations #3

• Start Topic

I always find a way to stumble upon the underdogs and root for them. This time, it's not even just Shannon, but James. Who knew that the James/Shannon alliance would be my favourite? I know Shannon's already pouting and giving up, which does get on my nerves. However, she's just literally been blindsided. She just needs some time to adjust. I think she's a perfectionist as well, so her failing probably has her reacting badly. 

If she continues to pout through veto, though, I'll take back my words.

A vote, I see? America decides something, likely for Friday's eviction? Or it's just for the upcoming HOH competition. I'd honestly laugh if it affected the eviction vote and James/Shannon ended up staying and someone else went home. Sadly, I don't think that's the case, and it's likely for HOH.

Wow, so Keshia did tell Omarosa about the plan. Also, Brandi completely misunderstanding Keshia wanting to leave. Girl, chill out. You feeding your kids isn't the same thing here. 

Marissa is...not very nice to her friend. She doesn't even have the decency to be a little guilty about turning on Shannon. In fact, she's downright gleeful in doing so. I thought they were real life friends; well, I guess Shannon may be changing her mind after this. 

Damn, though. If James had sunk it two milliseconds earlier, he would have won HOH and him and Shannon would have been safe. 

Also, Shannon hasn't done any of what Omarosa was claiming at the end. It's been, like, a week and a half. Suddenly, Shannon's some evil devil who must be stopped? I don't get it. She overplayed, yes. But lied, backstabbed, cheated, or whatever else they think she did? No, not from what I've seen. Omarosa, I think you got Shannon confused with Ross and Marissa.

• Love 11

Poor Omarosa, she has to fight every day and she's had to her whole life. And she wears designer gowns to prove it!

HOH comp: Brandi looks really cute in that outfit. So does Omarosa. So no one even clapped for Shannon when she beat Brandi's time? Way to give away an alliance against her. I wonder if Omarosa will have another allergy attack. Oh, James came so close! Ball rolling into the hole as the buzzer goes. 

Omarosa says she is ecstatic that Ari won, speaking in a monotone voice with no expression.

I don't know why I'm so invested in Shannon doing well. It's not like my life will be better or worse if she stays or goes. I think it's because she reminds me of Shelby and is a little like her in personality, too. Except Shelby was a better fighter.

Men who just watched the commercials after the HOH competition, remember what you can do for your loved one on Valentine's Day. (I think watching via All Access shows the same commercials. If not, never mind.)

Shannon and James are so out of the loop. And Metta is so confused. He's so mad they wouldn't let him go home, he's going to wreak vengeance by staying as long as he can. That will show them!!

Goodness, this is getting stupid. What is this, school?? What is big bad Shannon going to do to anyone? And Shannon is guessing something is up. And Shannon is called crazy because she leaves the room. A true sign of insanity. It would be hard to do, but she should pretend nothing is happening and be bright and cheerful. Aw, James, he is a good guy after all.  Boy in earlier posts I wondered if Shannon was going to be like Vanessa (as a professional poker player) and I see that is the case. All she needs is a beanie and sunglasses. (Or was that Tiffany?)

I like Shannon, but the entire house has not been against her the whole time. Just the past few days.

• Love 5

Keisha.  Ugh.  Why come on this show?  Oh.  $$$$$  Right.

And a double ugh for Omarossa and her phony "concern".

Poor deluded Shannon.  Has no clue her whole "alliance" wants her out.

Ross thinks he can keep the backdoor plan a secret.  Sure he can.

James loses HoH by 0.01 sec. 

Go Metta!  Why not? He better win comps or his new "friends" will use his vote and toss him when necessary.

Deluded Shannon wakes up too late and spirals into "poor me" whining. Whatever.  James continues to grow on me.  He doesn't give a fuck.

Brandi, Ari and Marissa could make a female F3.  Sorry Ross!

And a triple ugh for O for her outro.  She is evil.

• Love 7

What is it with these celebrities breaking down and wanting to go home as soon as things don't go their way? Have none of them ever faced any adversity in their lives? Omarosa may be batshit crazy but, credit where credit is due, she has balls of steel.

• Love 6

These people are awful ! And I felt bad for Shannon. I know she's smart & a good player, but if they want her out they can do it without being jerks about it. What happened to getting O out ? Why is she suddenly laughing it up with the crowd, when a couple days ago she was on her way out ? I still feel like The Powers that BE are nudging O along. She's their pet this season.

• Love 13

I can't believe how much my opinion of James has changed. At first I thought he was a total dick but now he doesn't seem like that bad of a guy. Loved that he pointed out to Shannon that he was all but out the door week 1  and managed to stay. It really is refreshing that everyone is playing the game.

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, willco said:

These people are awful ! And I felt bad for Shannon. I know she's smart & a good player, but if they want her out they can do it without being jerks about it. What happened to getting O out ? Why is she suddenly laughing it up with the crowd, when a couple days ago she was on her way out ? I still feel like The Powers that BE are nudging O along. She's their pet this season.

I know Shannon's made some mistakes in her first week, but yeah, I'm not thrilled with how the rest of the house is treating her. I hoped this season would be different, but it seems like they're falling into the same old shit that targets in regular BB seasons fall into. I know that they're saying that it's not personal, but Ross and Marissa just made it really personal. 

If you asked me after the first episode that Shannon and James would be close and that he'd be one of the nicer houseguests, I would have laughed out loud. But here James is, trying to encourage Shannon to fight. Sure, he has his dick moments in the DR, but he's not as bad as I initially perceived him to be. At the very least, he seems more mature than Ross and Marissa, who are choosing to act like complete assholes when they're the ones blindsiding Shannon, and Ari and Brandi who are acting like Shannon's some big beast that Ari needs to be protected from. 

Although Mark's still great. And Metta still annoys me. If you want to leave, then leave! What, are you not going to get your big ass paycheck if you quit? Too bad, so sad. 

• Love 9

So, it’s good to know Brandi is still a horrible person. She didn’t misunderstand what Keisha was trying to say, she just didn’t give a crap. Whether Keisha should have come on the show is something I’m not going to debate. The fact is, she did, she was having problems with her milk, and therefore wanted to go. The only appropriate response is “sure”, with some private venting about how it screws you. I’m all about the private venting.

But Brandi feels the need to equate coming up with extra money after all her beauty treatments she brags about to feed her kids who have child support with Keisha literally wanting to feed her baby. And then tries to make her feel like shit. Basically, Brandi is the worst.

• Love 8

I'm a huge supporter of breastfeeding;  extended breastfeeding is a great thing in my opinion.  I was pretty supportive of Keisha at first. But the more I see her talK about it,  the more I'm doubtful about the real motivation. It seems like she saw her game falling apart and used her daughter as an excuse. It was the way she was talking about it, like her daughter was at home starving and she needed to get there right away. I actually found myself agreeing with Brandi (the world will now surely implode) - she's got kids depending on her as well. 

I just wish, for once, someone would say, "This is harder than I thought it would be" and walk out. Not guilt their roommates into wasting a vote on them. I'd have more respect for them that way. (Looking at you, too, Metta!) 

I'm over Shannon. I liked her at first, but I just don't feel it any more. She's coming across kind of whiny and bratty now.  I'm with James (again, world imploding) - buck up and deal with it. She's not the first person to be targeted.  

I do think the others were sloppy post-HOH. They made it too obvious. I still think I might have put O aND Metta up and went for a backdoor, but what do I know? 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, willco said:

I felt bad for Shannon. I know she's smart & a good player, but if they want her out they can do it without being jerks about it.

Exactly how I felt. She didn't do anything heinous (no matter Omarosa's claims) and simply assumed the everyone in her alliance hadn't turned on her. Then it became so painfully obvious because everyone was treating her like she wasn't there.

There's a difference between a back door plan and a total assholish betrayal by "The House". I don't dig that. Have a little fucking decency (well I exclude Omarosa in that advice however because I know she's unable) and/or courtesy. Especially if you're a real life friend of hers! WTF?

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 10
Just now, Bronzedog said:

I’m really conflicted in who I hate more.  Initially, I was sure it was Omarosa.  Because, well, you know.  She’s Omarosa.  But, Brandi is also an absolutely horrible human being, too. I guess it’s a tie.

I'd like to throw in Ross and Marissa in for that as well. Ross for making a joke about backdooring Shannon with his stupid "look at my acting clueless while being in the know" DR, and Marissa's complete lack of empathy on turning on Shannon; her stupid "oh gosh darnit! I didn't get to backdoor Shannon! But we can do it this week! Yay!" thing reflected poorly on her.

For all that their little group is trying to make it seem like Shannon is some fantastic gameplayer who must be stopped (news flash: she's not that great if you're already onto her), but their points just fall short when they act like complete asses. Ross; you do realize Shannon is going to get evicted and then watch you blindside and backstab her, right? And if you're at the end, you won't have any time to explain yourself and get her jury vote....right? Do they not know this? But no, Ross/Marissa/Ari are more afraid of having to confront Shannon. Again, Shannon is just a person. She's not going to murder you in your sleep. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

But no, Ross/Marissa/Ari are more afraid of having to confront Shannon. Again, Shannon is just a person. She's not going to murder you in your sleep. 

Exactly, they are just being cowards that don't want to take responsibility for/own up to their actions.

When did Shannon blow up on someone when they tried to talk to and/or confide game secrets with her? Why are they all of sudden quaking in their boots from the Almighty Shannon. You really could have talked to her/asked her opinion or where she stands instead of just making her the house leper.

I'd be pissed/let down if the whole house turned from "Yes be our leader in the Take Out Omarosa Campaign!" to "None of us can even look at you anymore" in the course of what two days?

And the sheer glee that Marissa had/has for the whole voting out her real life friend makes me sick.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I like Shannon, but the entire house has not been against her the whole time. Just the past few days.

She totally lost me with that.  Her entire weepy, "poor me" victim routine was ridiculous.  She clearly expected to dominate, and if she knows anything about this game it's that nothing should be assumed.  I think she was a selfish player from the start, and now she's acting like a baby.  I really hope she goes home.

2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

James continues to grow on me.  He doesn't give a fuck.

I realize I'm in the minority, but I liked James from the start exactly for that reason.  He's also nice to to look at.  :-)

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 7

It is hard to like any of them. I like Metta and James. Part of me is thinking Metta has been playing the fool more than he is the fool. And it's worked since he's not on anyone's radar. Mark has that going on too. I don't mind Mark. I did like Shannon but she played too hard and was socially unaware plus I don't like this pouting giving up business. I did like Ross and Marissa but they are such conniving backstabbers that I am not really liking them now. And Omarosa and Brandi....never liked. I'd like James to win. Or Metta...that would be so funny.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

She totally lost me with that.  Her entire weepy, "poor me" victim routine was ridiculous.  She clearly expected to dominate, and if she knows anything about this game it's that nothing should be assumed.  I think she was a selfish player from the start, and now she's acting like a baby.  I really hope she goes home.

I realize I'm in the minority, but I liked James from the start exactly for that reason.  He's also nice to to look at.  :-)

Same here.   It is interesting to read the varied impressions.  I like Ross and don't see him as a back stabber, in see him playing the game.  

Marissa irritates the be jesus out me.  There isn't anything to like or dislike about Ari.  And that may just take her to the end. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Marissa is...not very nice to her friend. She doesn't even have the decency to be a little guilty about turning on Shannon. In fact, she's downright gleeful in doing so. I thought they were real life friends; well, I guess Shannon may be changing her mind after this. 

Ok, hear me out.  Most of these people are doing well financially, excepting for Keisha and Brandi, I would take playing the game with a friend like I would play cards with my friend - I will take you out.  They did come to play though........................

1 hour ago, backformore said:

Is there a financial penalty for quitting?

Why yes there is.  If Keisha had quit she would have no pay, and I believe they have to reimburse production for any and all costs to get them there and food and such.  Her plea to leave was basically asking for her money while ruining the ongoing game.  I don't disagree with the others who say she screwed them.  I too think it's more about her not playing well.  If you breastfeed you know you can't go out of town without your baby and your life revolves around your baby.  I give the side eye to a year old  who does not take any other food.  All the women in my family who breastfed did introduce pureed food and at some point you still breastfeed but the pureed fresh food tends to overcome the breast.  The longer one breastfeeds the better resilient the child will be.  SHE SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT THROUGH BEFORE GOING ON THE SHOW.  She basically will get her agreed pay while screwing up the game.

• Love 8

Omarosa  was THRILLED to help make Shannon the new villain.  And the rest of the bunch turned into pure bullies against someone who thought they were her friends.  That was painful to watch.  I went from eagerly waiting to see Shannon voted off to feeling emotionally connected to her feelings of betrayal.  I also really liked James in this episode. Marissa showed her true colors in stabbing her friend in the back with a simple shoulder shrug and toss of her curly mane.  These people I was rooting for have become the ones I cant wait to see turn on each other now!  See how they like it!

• Love 6

This was fun, pretty ridiculous, and ultimately inconsequential. In other words, the perfect antidote to a heavy and just rotten day.

I can't believe Shannon completely buckled at the first sniff of  adversity.  James was absolutely right. The noms hadn't even happened yet, and she was already doing her poor wittle me tears. That was highly annoying. And I don't know that we can call her a great player after that. You gotta roll with the game better than that.

I am liking James more. I think the rest of them may regret leaving him in if they do vote out Shannon. Seems like that may just add fuel to his fire.

I don't like Omarosa at all, but I can deal with down on her luck Omarosa more than gloating, self satisfied Omarosa.    

• Love 6

Shannon was my favorite in week 1 and I still like her but the pity party tonight was a bit much. The house has not been against her from day 1. On day 1 she managed to be the leader of a huge 7 person alliance and have a side alliance with Omarosa. The only people that turned on her after that were Omarosa and Keisha who she blindsided. And that's fine that's how the game is played but you shouldn't become a weepy mess when it happens to you. She also told the other celebs to gang up on O during the vet comp and Omarosa and Keisha were isolated their week on the block which Shannon was fine with.

I am shocked that I really liked James tonight. His edit in week one was maximum douche which I found really different from his social media persona (which is pretty nice). His approach to the game is refreshing. I like the pep talk he tried to give Shannon. A shame it was wasted on her.

It will probably make for better TV is Shannon stays and James goes. Though I think if Shannon stays she and O will destroy each other and open a path for Ross and crew.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, stcroix said:

Omarosa  was THRILLED to help make Shannon the new villain.  And the rest of the bunch turned into pure bullies against someone who thought they were her friends.  That was painful to watch.  I went from eagerly waiting to see Shannon voted off to feeling emotionally connected to her feelings of betrayal.  I also really liked James in this episode. Marissa showed her true colors in stabbing her friend in the back with a simple shoulder shrug and toss of her curly mane.  These people I was rooting for have become the ones I cant wait to see turn on each other now!  See how they like it!

Bullies?  I saw zero bullying.  No one demeaned her or banged pots in her face.  Marissa is playing a game and like the poster above said, if you play cards with your friends you are out to beat them.  And I try to clobber my friends in fantasy baseball leagues every year.  It is a game, not a real life assassination.  And good for Marissa for being a real gamer and going for the win.

As for betraying.  Shannon first betrayed Omorosa (her first alliance member) and Keisha.  Then she betrayed Ari and Brandi by making an alliance with James and adding Marissa and Ross as the outlier third and fourth.  But Marissa and Ross were also in an alliance with Ari and Brandi and chose that option where they were more equals and because Shannon was perceived, while she was on her high horse on top, as the biggest threat.  She was leader of the big alliance.  She was leader of the smaller alliance.  She thought she ruled the house but all she did was put a big target on her back that said "Evict Me Before It Is Too Late."

And yes it was a really bad look when the person who thinks they are running everything goes all boo-hoo when the tables get turned on her.  Should have thought of that possibility before you made your final two with James throwing out the rest of your original alliance to degrees with Ari and Brandi kicked to the curb first but Ross and Marissa would be taken out after they had finished serving your ends.  The rest of the house would be totally stupid to let that happen to them.  Meanwhile, kudos to James for showing how you should handle being on the block.

On a lighter note I loved the Metta as Guard scene where Shannon comes in to talk with the alliance and Metta is apparently lost in his music and napping in the HOH so she can't try and dictate things with him there.  That was funny.  Metta for the win!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, green said:

And I try to clobber my friends in fantasy baseball leagues every year.  It is a game, not a real life assassination.  And good for Marissa for being a real gamer and going for the win.

As, I mentioned previously, I don't think they are best buddies. They just happen to know each other from DWTS.    

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I always find a way to stumble upon the underdogs and root for them. This time, it's not even just Shannon, but James. Who knew that the James/Shannon alliance would be my favourite? I know Shannon's already pouting and giving up, which does get on my nerves. However, she's just literally been blindsided. She just needs some time to adjust. I think she's a perfectionist as well, so her failing probably has her reacting badly. 

If she continues to pout through veto, though, I'll take back my words.

A vote, I see? America decides something, likely for Friday's eviction? Or it's just for the upcoming HOH competition. I'd honestly laugh if it affected the eviction vote and James/Shannon ended up staying and someone else went home. Sadly, I don't think that's the case, and it's likely for HOH.

Wow, so Keshia did tell Omarosa about the plan. Also, Brandi completely misunderstanding Keshia wanting to leave. Girl, chill out. You feeding your kids isn't the same thing here. 

Damn, though. If James had sunk it two milliseconds earlier, he would have won HOH and him and Shannon would have been safe. 

Also, Shannon hasn't done any of what Omarosa was claiming at the end. It's been, like, a week and a half. Suddenly, Shannon's some evil devil who must be stopped? I don't get it. She overplayed, yes. But lied, backstabbed, cheated, or whatever else they think she did? No, not from what I've seen. Omarosa, I think you got Shannon confused with Ross and Marissa.

One of the many things Omarosa has in common with her former boss, is to assume her opponent is as nasty and vile as herself, and project and accuse these thoughts and actions onto her enemies.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, green said:

Bullies?  I saw zero bullying.  No one demeaned her or banged pots in her face.  Marissa is playing a game and like the poster above said, if you play cards with your friends you are out to beat them.  And I try to clobber my friends in fantasy baseball leagues every year.  It is a game, not a real life assassination.  And good for Marissa for being a real gamer and going for the win.

As for betraying.  Shannon first betrayed Omorosa (her first alliance member) and Keisha.  Then she betrayed Ari and Brandi by making an alliance with James and adding Marissa and Ross as the outlier third and fourth.  But Marissa and Ross were also in an alliance with Ari and Brandi and chose that option where they were more equals and because Shannon was perceived, while she was on her high horse on top, as the biggest threat.  She was leader of the big alliance.  She was leader of the smaller alliance.  She thought she ruled the house but all she did was put a big target on her back that said "Evict Me Before It Is Too Late."

And yes it was a really bad look when the person who thinks they are running everything goes all boo-hoo when the tables get turned on her.  Should have thought of that possibility before you made your final two with James throwing out the rest of your original alliance to degrees with Ari and Brandi kicked to the curb first but Ross and Marissa would be taken out after they had finished serving your ends.  The rest of the house would be totally stupid to let that happen to them.  Meanwhile, kudos to James for showing how you should handle being on the block.

On a lighter note I loved the Metta as Guard scene where Shannon comes in to talk with the alliance and Metta is apparently lost in his music and napping in the HOH so she can't try and dictate things with him there.  That was funny.  Metta for the win!

Preach! I agree with every word you said.  I don't like the idea that any amount of game play is labeled "bullying" or " ganging up". What we saw last year - following people around, making loud circus noise in their face, refusing to let them get any peace....THAT'S bullying. What I saw last night was anything but. In fact, they were trying to avoid Shannon. I know that has to hurt a bit, but for one - she made her bed. I do think she tried to have too many things going.  Plus, Ari is just not as strong and quick and articulate. So I understand them not wanting to give Shannon a chance to talk game with her. I think they could have made it a bit less obvious. But oh well. This is Big Brother. Frankly, I'm glad to see everyone playing so hard. Shannon needs to watch her buddy James and take it in stride. Re-formulate and keep playing! 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, willco said:

What happened to getting O out ? Why is she suddenly laughing it up with the crowd, when a couple days ago she was on her way out ?

I think it's because of her carefully orchestrated "asthma attack."  When she first came back in the house, there was talk about "oh, she's got breathing problems; she won't be strong in competitions" so they decided she wasn't a threat to win anything and they could get rid of her at any point going forward.  And I think this was part of Oma's strategy.  She knew she had a big target on her back, so she did what she had to do to change that - garner sympathy by overplaying an asthma attack, thereby making herself seem like less of a threat to win competitions.  And they all fell for it.

9 hours ago, stcroix said:

Omarosa  was THRILLED to help make Shannon the new villain.  

EXACTLY!  She learned from the master.

• Love 1

I so wish they wouldn't show Omarosa talking about working for the Trump White House as I view her as nothing but a liar in any and all situations, so whenever she opens her mouth I immediately discount whatever she has to say.  Don't forget that she used to talk about her important role in the Clinton White House where they couldn't get rid of her fast enough.  She dominates discussions in the house with her self-importance.   The producers also love showing her confessionals whereas I would love to hear more from some of the other housemates.  It was especially rich when she went after Shannon and attacking her for plotting against her while she was in the hospital (which she reiterated over and over again).  Of course, I immediately gave a lot of credit to Shannon for doing so.  With a one hour episode I lost track of how much time they gave to Omarosa's verbal and non-verbal commentary.  I guess I just don't understand why the producers deem her to be such a "get" and are dedicating a lot of screen time to her.

• Love 7

I haven't been a fan of Shannon's ever since I saw her on "What Not To Wear".  She was awful in that.  Mad and hurt that her friends said she dressed sloppy and refused to give Stacy and Clinton a chance.

Now she's showing those true colors.  Crying when the tables are turned.  Just because things aren't going her way, now it's tears and wanting to go home.  The whole, "I've been attacked by my own alliance since day 1."  It's ok for her to scheme and plot, but once it happens to her, it's not "fair".  

I'm loving me some Ross.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I so wish they wouldn't show Omarosa talking about working for the Trump White House as I view her as nothing but a liar in any and all situations, so whenever she opens her mouth I immediately discount whatever she has to say.  Don't forget that she used to talk about her important role in the Clinton White House where they couldn't get rid of her fast enough.  She dominates discussions in the house with her self-importance.   The producers also love showing her confessionals whereas I would love to hear more from some of the other housemates.  It was especially rich when she went after Shannon and attacking her for plotting against her while she was in the hospital (which she reiterated over and over again).  Of course, I immediately gave a lot of credit to Shannon for doing so.  With a one hour episode I lost track of how much time they gave to Omarosa's verbal and non-verbal commentary.  I guess I just don't understand why the producers deem her to be such a "get" and are dedicating a lot of screen time to her.

Because it makes people talk about the show. Just like you did in your post. Just like I am now. Just like everyone else who has weighed in on the Omarosa situation. Just like the mainstream media that are sharing clips of her in the house (which BB has to be thankful for, since the only time they make mainstream media is when there's a major controversy in the house - bullying, overwhelming misogyny, rape threats). I don't blame Big Brother or CBS for seeing dollar signs when Omarosa was let go from her position at the White House. Like it or not, it created a lot of conversation about the show and so far, it's been a win for BB/CBS. 

It could have crashed and burned for them but it hasn't though there's still time. Personally, I don't want politics in my silly little show and it does concern me a little for the future. This being a shortened celebrity season, I'm willing to let it go. But I swear, if this summer ends up being Big Brother: Battle of the Democrats versus Republicans, my Canadian ass is running faaaaar away. Big Brother - at least the summer non-celeb version - is supposed to be my escape from all that shit.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, green said:

Bullies?  I saw zero bullying.  No one demeaned her or banged pots in her face.  Marissa is playing a game and like the poster above said, if you play cards with your friends you are out to beat them.  

THANK YOU! I feel like every single season someone is accused of being a bully just because that seems to be the word people now use whenever someone is even slightly unpleasant to them. On what planet did anyone bully Shannon? Her biggest complaint was that nobody would talk game with her. They didn't chase her out of the HoH room or the kitchen. They weren't harassing her in any way. They weren't even being actively mean to her. There was nothing even close to bullying going on there.

10 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

As, I mentioned previously, I don't think they are best buddies. They just happen to know each other from DWTS.    

In the first episode, they talked about how nobody knew how close they were outside of the house. Maybe they were embellishing but they certainly made it sound like they were a lot closer than just acquaintances from DWTS.

11 hours ago, vb68 said:

I am liking James more.

I am too but I'm waiting to see if he turns back into King Douche as soon as he gets into a position of power.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I also didn't like it that Shannon didn't get a chance to talk with Ariadna.  If Ari was going to put people up, she ought to be able to take the heat for it.  It was really sort of chicken shit on her part to hide behind Meta.

Why did Metta being in the room stop Shannon from talking about sending him out when he's been saying he wants to go?

15 hours ago, mojoween said:

Just because Ross asks about the White House, it doesn’t mean you have to show the conversation.  God.

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I so wish they wouldn't show Omarosa talking about working for the Trump White House as I view her as nothing but a liar in any and all situations, so whenever she opens her mouth I immediately discount whatever she has to say.  

This is presumably why she's on the show, so it's doubtful they're not going to air what she says about the WH.  Since I hate DJT with the white-hot intensity of a 1,000 burning suns (YMMV), I have no problem hearing whatever details/opinions O is willing to share about her time there...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

In the first episode, they talked about how nobody knew how close they were outside of the house. Maybe they were embellishing but they certainly made it sound like they were a lot closer than just acquaintances from DWTS.

Its just my opinion. 

And we haven't heard a word from either of them about being friends since then.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I so wish they wouldn't show Omarosa talking about working for the Trump White House as I view her as nothing but a liar in any and all situations, so whenever she opens her mouth I immediately discount whatever she has to say.  

I see Omarosa not NECESSARILY as a liar - but first, last, and above all else as an incessant self-promoter.  Which means Omigod’s statements about the White House aren’t necessarily truth nor lie; to her their truth/lie content is immaterial, so long as they promote the Omarosa Brand.  So I generally listen to what Big O says, but I take it with the evaluative equivalent of a salt lick.  ;)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I get that they are playing a game...but why do they think that they can't talk to Shannon and have friendly conversation? That is the weird part.  

James= so pretty! 

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Isolating someone is a form of bullying.  It is also a sign of cowardice.  It is about control.  It is about domination.  If the editing of this episode is to be believed, and if next episode Shannon doesn't win VETO, they already have the numbers to boot her out the door.    No need to isolate her, just boot her out.

They weren't "dominating' and they weren't "bullying".  This was PRE nominations and they wanted to keep their plan to nominate Shannon secret so she didn't have time to try and turn the tables on them.  AKA this was entirely strategy and good strategy at that.  Especially since people in general on BB can't seen to keep their mouths shut about anything.  Best thing is to keep away from the target and avoid the obvious spillage.

Now Shannon figured this out before the noms finally probably just because people weren't talking game to other but they didn't know she had figured it out.  At which point she "gave up" and self isolated herself.

She then goes all into boo-hoo soap opera crap mode about everything and who the hell wants to deal with someone like that?  I avoid people like that at all costs in real life so in game mode, even more so.  If she acted more like an adult like James after the noms and didn't self isolate herself she would be hanging with everyone until the vote no doubt.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Skyfall said:

I want a Metta/Mark final 2. Mark is playing a smart game and I just want to keep Metta around.

Mark is a floater and floaters are boring. That would be one of the worst final twos and a waste of the entire concept.

The episode for me took a dark turn when they did that thing with Meta not leaving the room to thwart Shannon. That made me feel very umcomortable because there was a cruelness to it and I kept feeling worse and worse for Shannon as the episode went on. In episode one Marissa claimed to be a friend but she's really just a rat in sheeps clothing.

22 hours ago, Wings said:

Same here.   It is interesting to read the varied impressions.  I like Ross and don't see him as a back stabber, in see him playing the game.  

I don't see Ross as a back stabber either.  I think the others likely underestimated him going in, but IMO he's playing a good game by looking ahead and viewing everything that goes on from different angles rather than jumping on bandwagons and staying there without question.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Isolating someone is a form of bullying.  It is also a sign of cowardice.  It is about control.  It is about domination.  If the editing of this episode is to be believed, and if next episode Shannon doesn't win VETO, they already have the numbers to boot her out the door.    No need to isolate her, just boot her out.

Thank you!  This is exactly what I meant when I said Shannon's former group were 'bullying' her.  I was in a situation where I worked in a small private school and the teachers were taken by van to Pensacola, Florida to attend a conference (9 hr trip).  It was my first year to teach and I was the new teacher of the group.  I have NO idea to this day what I did wrong but the other 6 teachers treated me dismissively or didn't speak to me at all the entire trip. They didn't wake me in time to get ready every morning for the classes and designated my seat in the van as the one directly in front of the air conditioner, which was always turned on high. I am a normal looking, nice person with friends and I get along with people very well so I don't understand what happened to this day( 30 yrs later)! I've never been in conflict with people like this.   I was SO homesick that week, just wishing for someone I actually knew who was nice to me.  When I watch Big Brother and see someone upset at being in the house it always makes me think of my weird experience.  I feel like the teachers were isolating me on that trip and it WAS a form of bullying.   I don't toss that word around lightly.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Ok, hear me out.  Most of these people are doing well financially, excepting for Keisha and Brandi, I would take playing the game with a friend like I would play cards with my friend - I will take you out.  They did come to play though........................

I agree.  And I also don't think Marissa and Shannon were actually friends, and certainly not close friends.  My impression was that they knew each other from having worked together, not that they were good friends for real in the real world.   They seemed to be happy that someone they had known before was also in the BB house, but I really don't think it was anything more than that.   All they really said was something like, "Let's not let on that we've met before" or "that we know each other".  (Which, btw, lasted about a minute before Shannon blabbed that info, so IMO she's not exactly a trustworthy "friend", anyway.)

And yes, it's a game.  Games are often played with friends, and this is not supposed to be like playing with a 4 year-old where it's common to let them win to spare their feelings and make them feel good.  These are adults playing a highly-competitive game, and yes they are allowed to be gleeful when the game goes their way.  That's kind of the point of playing hard and trying to win.  Lots of people who compete fiercely with each other are able to go out and have drinks and a few laughs after.  It's a game.  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I still think that they should have forced Keisha to self-evict.  If Keisha wanted a sympathy boot, she should have stopped playing the game immediately.  She didn't do that.  As far as I am concerned she can kick rocks.

I completely agree with this.  She turned on the "poor me" waterworks.  I get her husband, another reality personality, left her high and dry and she had to make a buck standing by Cosby but sheesh.

1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

Mark is a floater and floaters are boring. That would be one of the worst final twos and a waste of the entire concept.

I hate the term floaters.  Just because someone is smart enough to wait things out and not jump in the fray is not floating.  It is easier to lose one's mind then to wait it out.

• Love 2