Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: The Big Apple Bites

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Because the pollen count was different in NY than it was in BH?  That doesn't explain why she's not wearing them in other scenes in NY, but maybe she stopped and got some Allegra after her book meeting.  I'm one that has allergy problems when I travel, especially to green places, so I have a whole slew of pills I take with me just in case.

Really? She didn't want the professors to see the fear in her eyes, her blank stares, the dilated pupils from all the sympathetic fight/flight action going on. She looked better with the glasses though. 

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, right?  So he was a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice in Europe?  With Pamela Anderson.  Because of course.

Pamela looks pretty happy with him. Those were her coke years. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2

Really? She didn't want the professors to see the fear in her eyes, her blank stares, the dilated pupils from all the sympathetic fight/flight action going on. She looked better with the glasses though. 

Glasses aside, she seemed ok there.

Pamela looks pretty happy with him. Those were her coke years. 

I guess the coke explains the happy part.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, sol y luna said:

If this was true, why doesn't she wear sunglasses at the other housewives homes or in restaurants or in any other outdoor places? Because it's BS.

Eh,  she's obnoxious,  but I only have allergies in MO, during a 3 week period, while the Pear trees blossom. Never had them before moving here and only have them then. 

• Love 1
On 2/23/2018 at 2:53 PM, film noire said:

After  ten years, Kyle should know that LVP hates a spontaneous outburst (and my god, those two women need a safe word  -- may I suggest "ponies"?)  but I think all Kyle wanted to hear was that her loyalty was seen and appreciated. Not "I love you" (and then down into LVP's cleavage she went, like a Welsh miner into the deep dark belly of the earth)  but "I love your loyalty." That would have shut it all down, imo, and left them wiggle room to handle it with more dignity.

I think this is right. LVP always goes the "I love you route", and that is not always what is needed in the moment. 

LVP has not always been afraid to jump in an defend someone, even if she thought they were wrong, because they were her friend. She did it over and over with Brandi, and just a few episodes ago we saw her trying to help Dorit get herself out of the deal with the wine glass. Even though LVP hadn't been around the crazy conversations about which glass to use, she inserted herself in the drama to defend and help Dorit. I think this is all Kyle wants. LVP might have been processing what she learned that Dorit said about her, but she saw that Kyle was upset about what Dorit had said about Kyle. It wouldn't have taken much for her to just thrown Kyle a token bone and make it clear that she understood why Dorit talking shit about her made her upset. Erika played it perfectly. Didn't pick sides, but made it clear she understood why Kyle was mad at Dorit, and also why Dorit didn't like being screamed at by Kyle on her big night. She has known Kyle for 3 years, and is not nearly as close to her as LVP is, yet she was able to make sure Kyle knew she supported her. 

Oh, but I loved Kyle's reaction to LVP saying Dorit was one of her best friends, or her best friend, cannot remember which she said. Kyle was like "Bitch, please". I think this is the kind of thing that drives Kyle nuts about LVP. Kyle knows that Dorit is nowhere close to being one of LVP's best friends. And we all know it as well.  And LVP pretty much confirmed it in the previews for next week, when she lets Dorit know that her affection for her basically comes through her affection for PK. 

On 2/21/2018 at 10:53 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I was guessing you had it on preorder.

I don't, but I will buy it. Not because of Erika, although I like her very much. I have never bought anything these wives have tried to sell me, no matter how much I like them. I will buy it because I loved Brian Moylan way before I had ever heard of Erika. Lots of people who would not otherwise care about a book based on Erika's life will buy it just to read his words. She was incredibly smart to ask him to do the job. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

I think this is right. LVP always goes the "I love you route", and that is not always what is needed in the moment. 

LVP has not always been afraid to jump in an defend someone, even if she thought they were wrong, because they were her friend. She did it over and over with Brandi, and just a few episodes ago we saw her trying to help Dorit get herself out of the deal with the wine glass. Even though LVP hadn't been around the crazy conversations about which glass to use, she inserted herself in the drama to defend and help Dorit. I think this is all Kyle wants. LVP might have been processing what she learned that Dorit said about her, but she saw that Kyle was upset about what Dorit had said about Kyle. It wouldn't have taken much for her to just thrown Kyle a token bone and make it clear that she understood why Dorit talking shit about her made her upset. Erika played it perfectly. Didn't pick sides, but made it clear she understood why Kyle was mad at Dorit, and also why Dorit didn't like being screamed at by Kyle on her big night. She has known Kyle for 3 years, and is not nearly as close to her as LVP is, yet she was able to make sure Kyle knew she supported her. 

Oh, but I loved Kyle's reaction to LVP saying Dorit was one of her best friends, or her best friend, cannot remember which she said. Kyle was like "Bitch, please". I think this is the kind of thing that drives Kyle nuts about LVP. Kyle knows that Dorit is nowhere close to being one of LVP's best friends. And we all know it as well.  And LVP pretty much confirmed it in the previews for next week, when she lets Dorit know that her affection for her basically comes through her affection for PK. 

I don't, but I will buy it. Not because of Erika, although I like her very much. I have never bought anything these wives have tried to sell me, no matter how much I like them. I will buy it because I loved Brian Moylan way before I had ever heard of Erika. Lots of people who would not otherwise care about a book based on Erika's life will buy it just to read his words. She was incredibly smart to ask him to do the job. 

Dorit comments about Kyle were limited to "Kyle was outspoken".  I have always liked Kyle and this season she is behaving like a spoiled brat.  LVP flat out told her she had no desire to address Dorit on her night.  So Kyle deciding to publicly harangue Dorit about the Erika situation, after Erika told her it was all good, after Erika asked Kyle to stop is on Kyle's head.  She had been told LVP did not want to address Dorit at that time.

This idea that a time stamp is put on a relationship is ridiculous.  Half the time LVP and Kyle are at odds.  Rinna claims to have known LVP for 25 years.  If LVP wants to consider Dorit one of her best friends it is quite frankly none of Kyle's business.  And I believe Kyle said, "what does that make me?"  Well LVP was clear with ONE of my best friends.  Kyle was an insufferable jerk and will continue the behavior through the next episode.  What does Kyle gain from this?  Does it make Erika feel better? No.  Clearly it will not make Dorit feel better or LVP-so is she playing for Teddi, Rinna and Bethenny?

If I were LVP I would tell Kyle- I will leave your event and not engage to avoid a scene but it is the last time I exit to stave off one of your ridiculous temper tantrum crying jags,  Next time you hit the road bitch.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Dorit comments about Kyle were limited to "Kyle was outspoken".  I have always liked Kyle and this season she is behaving like a spoiled brat.  LVP flat out told her she had no desire to address Dorit on her night.  So Kyle deciding to publicly harangue Dorit about the Erika situation, after Erika told her it was all good, after Erika asked Kyle to stop is on Kyle's head.  She had been told LVP did not want to address Dorit at that time.

This idea that a time stamp is put on a relationship is ridiculous.  Half the time LVP and Kyle are at odds.  Rinna claims to have known LVP for 25 years.  If LVP wants to consider Dorit one of her best friends it is quite frankly none of Kyle's business.  And I believe Kyle said, "what does that make me?"  Well LVP was clear with ONE of my best friends.  Kyle was an insufferable jerk and will continue the behavior through the next episode.  What does Kyle gain from this?  Does it make Erika feel better? No.  Clearly it will not make Dorit feel better or LVP-so is she playing for Teddi, Rinna and Bethenny?

If I were LVP I would tell Kyle- I will leave your event and not engage to avoid a scene but it is the last time I exit to stave off off of your ridiculous temper tantrum crying jags,  Next time you hit the road bitch.  

For Pete's sake, both Kyle and Dorit have called each other bf in front of Lisa, so why is it such a problem for Lisa to say that Dorit is also a bf to her as well? Kyle needs to stop her middle school games, it seems Lisa is not allowed to be close to anyone other than her anymore.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

For Pete's sake, both Kyle and Dorit have called each other bf in front of Lisa, so why is it such a problem for Lisa to say that Dorit is also a bf to her as well? Kyle needs to stop her middle school games, it seems Lisa is not allowed to be close to anyone other than her anymore.

Kyle seems to want to be everyone's BFF.   Time for her to grow up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Well LVP was clear with ONE of my best friends.

Seems a bit strange to tell one of your best friends that you are really only friends with them because of their husband. I would not take that as a sign that we are really that close. But that is just me. I wonder if Dorit will feel the same? 

• Love 3
On February 21, 2018 at 2:00 PM, noveltylibrary said:

I really think it's because she's lost support from the sisters which she desperately needs.  She is relying entirely too heavily on friendships for her well-being (even moreso than usual).

PS Great post Lunastartron:)

Just wanted to say thanks, noveltylibrary! 

PS Love your profile pic. You were the poster who said it came to mind whenever you saw Lydia McLaughlin, right? That was one of the most memorably hilarious posts from the season twelve boards.

• Love 1

I keep coming back to that Kyle did do what Dorit said she did. She was an active participant in the “Lisa is jealous” conversation and she was shit talking about Erika leaving early. Now I think Dorit is making the situation worse for whatever reason and that is annoying and unnecessary, but Kyle keeps acting like she was just sitting there staring at the floor during both those conversations and Dorit is running around town spreading lies about her...and she’s not. She’s being a shit stirrer, but Kyle was too in both cases. So I’m not sure how much “back” anyone is supposed to be having for her on this. You did it Kyle. We’ve all been there, said something we shouldn’t thinking the subject of our gossip would never know and then they do, it sucks and it’s embarrassing, but no amount of screaming about friendship or privacy or girl code or whatever the fuck changes that you’re guilty. I think Dorit is being a weird-o about this, but Kyle...you did it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

Seems a bit strange to tell one of your best friends that you are really only friends with them because of their husband. I would not take that as a sign that we are really that close. But that is just me. I wonder if Dorit will feel the same? 

Well, she expanded that comment in the episode, that she like Dorit because of her marriage with PK in the beginning but now loves her for herself since getting to know her. So, it wasn't strange or bad but I am sure Dorit will twist it into something nasty in next weeks episode. 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Just wanted to say thanks, noveltylibrary! 

PS Love your profile pic. You were the poster who said it came to mind whenever you saw Lydia McLaughlin, right? That was one of the most memorably hilarious posts from the season twelve boards.

No but I wish it had been:)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I keep coming back to that Kyle did do what Dorit said she did. She was an active participant in the “Lisa is jealous” conversation and she was shit talking about Erika leaving early. Now I think Dorit is making the situation worse for whatever reason and that is annoying and unnecessary, but Kyle keeps acting like she was just sitting there staring at the floor during both those conversations and Dorit is running around town spreading lies about her...and she’s not. She’s being a shit stirrer, but Kyle was too in both cases. So I’m not sure how much “back” anyone is supposed to be having for her on this. You did it Kyle. We’ve all been there, said something we shouldn’t thinking the subject of our gossip would never know and then they do, it sucks and it’s embarrassing, but no amount of screaming about friendship or privacy or girl code or whatever the fuck changes that you’re guilty. I think Dorit is being a weird-o about this, but Kyle...you did it.

I don't think Kyle is pretending she didn't say anything. She told LVP that she was upset when she left the restaurant and that she said so to Dorit. She also said that she talked about Erika, but was mad because they were all saying the same things but only she was really called out by name, making it sound like she had the biggest issue with it. 

I also think the conversation that Kyle and Dorit had about LVP was different than when Dorit was talking about LVP at the dinner. Kyle and Dorit were both involved in the situation where LVP fled the restaurant. They were involved in the conversation. They both had feelings about it and were discussing those feelings with each other. They were not bringing in others. Dorit on the other hand was just throwing out gossip when she met the ladies for dinner in NY.  None of the others had been at the dinner with Kyle and LVP. Only her. She was revealing things to people just to have someone/something to talk about. Same with the Erika conversation. They were all involved in the issue with Erika leaving early. They were all there, and they all had feelings about it. So they were sharing those feelings with each other. Kyle was mad because for whatever reason she was singled out. I would have been mad as well. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 2/28/2018 at 5:56 AM, gundysgirl said:

I don't think Kyle is pretending she didn't say anything. She told LVP that she was upset when she left the restaurant and that she said so to Dorit. She also said that she talked about Erika, but was mad because they were all saying the same things but only she was really called out by name, making it sound like she had the biggest issue with it. 

I also think the conversation that Kyle and Dorit had about LVP was different than when Dorit was talking about LVP at the dinner. Kyle and Dorit were both involved in the situation where LVP fled the restaurant. They were involved in the conversation. They both had feelings about it and were discussing those feelings with each other. They were not bringing in others. Dorit on the other hand was just throwing out gossip when she met the ladies for dinner in NY.  None of the others had been at the dinner with Kyle and LVP. Only her. She was revealing things to people just to have someone/something to talk about. Same with the Erika conversation. They were all involved in the issue with Erika leaving early. They were all there, and they all had feelings about it. So they were sharing those feelings with each other. Kyle was mad because for whatever reason she was singled out. I would have been mad as well. 

LVP told Rinna about the restaurant situation on the way to the beach house.  LVP and Kyle had an argument, sort of kind of, about what happened at the beach house on front of others.  Kyle even accused LVP of it not being about her. Camille clearly said she wan't at the dinner and suggested Dorit tell the story.  It is fairly easy, as the producers want us to believe, it is all on Dorit but she is not the only one talking.  It just seems that whenever she speaks, Camille and Teddi bemoan the fact she is talking.  It is a television show in addition to the video they need some talking-although LVP rolling off in her Rolls was a great visual that need no dialogue.

One person had an unrelenting opinion about Erika being weird and that was Teddi.  Had the others just agreed with Kyle's lie version of just missing Erika, instead of dumping on each other they have gotten away with it.  Erika, who by the time they were in NYC has talked to producers, and threw out there something about her being a diva.  That didn't come from Dorit and she did not deny or confirm the statement.  

Maybe the reason Kyle was singled out is she was the one doing the most talking.  When the tables were turned to Teddi, she got upset.  The two we saw talking on the video tape were Kyle and Teddi and little LVP.  On the way home from the beach house Kyle and LVP continued the conversation about Erika's exit being weird.  Dorit said nothing. 

Kyle's biggest complaint seems now to be no one was talking on the Sprinter and LVP would not speak up.   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

One person had an unrelenting opinion about Erika being weird and that was Teddi. 

I'd say unrelenting is a bit strong...

Erika, who by the time they were in NYC has talked to producers, and threw out there something about her being a diva.

Wait, what? Where did that come from?

Maybe the reason Kyle was signaled out is she was the one doing the most talking.

Or Dorit just likes stirring the pot and stupidly went after Kyle?

• Love 1
(edited)

I'd say unrelenting is a bit strong...

Well let's see Teddi said "weird" after Erika, left, she said it three more times at the beach house to Erika, you said it again in NYC, she said it in two talking heads and a blog.  I would classify it as unrelenting.  Oh and she said it on WWHL.

Wait, what? Where did that come from?

At the table in NYC Erika point blank asked Dorit if Kyle said she was being a diva.  The rest of the clues are found in my original statement where I stated by the time they were in NYC, Erika had talked to producers.  They filmed her packing to go to NYC.  Maybe I should be more specific-every time these women film, there are these magic little people around called producers and camera crew and sound crew.   It is not shown on camera.  In between they also use these new fangled gadgets such as cell phones, with a texting feature if one doesn't want to answer the phone another way the producers could reach Erika.   So if none of the other women mentioned diva to Erika-where would she have come up with it?  I am guessing the producers planted the bug.  Teddi volunteered that as soon as the cameras went down, Erika left.  So I am thinking the ladies had an exchange with production after Erika left and the conversation was passed on to Erika, which was probably a lot more critical of her. 

Or Dorit just likes stirring the pot and stupidly went after Kyle?

I don't think Dorit is a particularly good actress and she didn't seem to want to snitch Kyle off.  Erika is smart before bringing it up she directed it to an individual instead of a group accusation.  Erika even gave Dorit a pass in her blog when she addressed the situation.  Kyle admitted in her talking head she/they had been talking about Erika.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

Well let's see Teddi said "weird" after Erika, left, she said it three more times at the beach house to Erika, you said it again in NYC, she said it in two talking heads and a blog.  I would classify it as unrelenting.  Oh and she said it on WWHL.

To each their own, then. Unrelenting would be her using it throughout the season as a whole, but I guess Teddi might have moved on about it while others haven't.

The rest of the clues are found in my original statement where I stated by the time they were in NYC, Erika had talked to producers.  They filmed her packing to go to NYC. 

Well, if you believe it was producer driven, then good for you.

here are these magic little people around called producers and camera crew and sound crew.

Are they live elves? Do they have a height limit?

In between they also use these new fangled gadgets such as cell phones, with a texting feature if one doesn't want to answer the phone another way the producers could reach Erika.   So if none of the other women mentioned diva to Erika-where would she have come up with it?

Any of the other women could have mentioned it to Ericka off-screen via one of those new fangled gadget thingies you spoke of.

Teddi volunteered that as soon as the cameras went down, Erika left.  So I am thinking the ladies had an exchange with production after Erika left and the conversation was passed on to Erika, which was probably a lot more critical of her. 

Great opinions and theories, but none of which I regard as fact. To each their own.

she didn't seem to want to snitch Kyle off. 

We must be watching a different show then. Had this been a one-off it might be plausible, but given how Dorit's arms must ache after so much pot stirring this season, I'm inclined to believe Dorit couldn't wait to play run tell dat with Kyle.

• Love 3

We must be watching a different show then. Had this been a one-off it might be plausible, but given how Dorit's arms must ache after so much pot stirring this season, I'm inclined to believe Dorit couldn't wait to play run tell dat with Kyle.

Dorit has had two major reveals-she revealed the others, specifically Kyle, after some pressure, were "mad" at Erika for leaving.  Her second flub was instead of just sticking to the story about LVP leaving the restaurant she decided to pontificate, which is what gets her in to trouble every time, about the "why" of LVP leaving.  As far as I am concerned when they are filming these conversations there is no great reveal.   So Kyle discussing her angst with her sisters or LVP talking about her childhood are really not big secrets-it is on film.   It is when one of them editorializes things goes south.  Dorit is a pot stirrer and Kyle isn't terribly far behind.  Even when specifically requested Kyle won't let things go and she is the one running tales back to Teddi and LVP about what Dorit said-whether she was present or not and editorializes.  

Dorit and the rest are aware of it, Dorit has no governor in her conversations.  Dorit also needs to learn when to put down the shovel.  

Why would Dorit be a a hurry to run and tell Kyle what Kyle and the others said about Erika?  That makes no sense. 

The one who makes the most sense this season is hands down Erika 

• Love 1
(edited)

Dorit has had two major reveals

Add that in with all the drama she has had with Teddi, and she has been a very busy shit stirrer this season.

Why would Dorit be a a hurry to run and tell Kyle what Kyle and the others said about Erika?  That makes no sense. 

That's what shit stirrers do. Also, I wonder if she was trying to bust up Kyle and Ericka's friendship the way she was trying to bust up Kyle and LVP's friendship. Maybe she was trying to punish Kyle for (in her own warped view) daring to side with Teddi at PK's party.

Edited by BBHN

I'm no Erika fan, but I like her self-deprecating attitude about the Simon & Schuster contract.

Also not a Rinna fan, but she's made me giggle a few times this season.  "Touch it up, Erika!"  More goofy-drunk Rinna, please!

I can't even with Dorit's outfit in the interstices sequences.  It's like the Joker from Batman mated with an old-timey convict and a bedazzler.  I'm no fashionista, but it actually makes me angry.

• Love 1