Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The War to End All Wars

CooperTV

After barely escaping an explosion at Mason Industries, Wyatt and Rufus chase the Mothership back to a French battlefront during World War 1 to rescue Lucy from Rittenhouse. There, they discover that Lucy has recruited Marie Curie, the famous French scientist and the only person ever to win two Nobel Prizes, to help save the life of a wounded American soldier, only to learn that the soldier is Lucy’s own great-grandfather who Rittenhouse is bringing to the present to be their leader.

timeless-episode-201-the-war-to-end-all-

Promo pictures

• Love 1

So glad this show is back! It's fun, exciting, dark but not that dark (I was surprised they had Lucy kill an innocent bystander but she was right that Emma would have done it anyway). There was a lot happening this episode but it kinda sorta all ties together and that's all I can ask for. The two actresses they got to play Marie and Irene Curie could have actually been mother and daughter so great casting. Wheee! So happy Timeless is back!

Edited by Lilac2000
  • Love 15

I’m so happy my favorite show is back! 

Surprised but happy to see them jump right in the Lucy/Wyatt ship, but since I’m definitely a fan, I’m good with it. That scene with Wyatt comforting Lucy at the end was so good. 

I was so sad for Lucy, killing that soldier. It will haunt her. 

Still can’t wait to find out what is going on with Jiya and her “visions/headaches”

Loved Rufus shout out ”clockblockers” at the beginning! 

Can’t wait for next week!

• Love 5

I was surprised at the grittier tone they took right out of the gate.  But I'm really digging it.  Rittenhouse did not come to play, they came to win

The new digs are delightfully cramped and dated.  That's gonna make for some good tension and character building moments lol.

Am I the only one that thinks they are riding this 'Wyatt/Lucy it's looooove' horse pretty damn hard?  She just had probably one of the worst moments of her life in her mother straight up abandoning her (not to mention the kidnapping and emotional abuse and manipulations), so she's an emotional wreck.  Poor thing, I really felt terrible for her through the whole episode. 

Not. Enough. Flynn.  - something they better can rectify going forward.  As of right now, he's the only one to have read the journal, successfully found a Rittenhouse sleeper agent, and likely knows about what's in the works.  Don't bench him like that, show. 

Boohoo, Connor is having a Rough Time™.  You're a jerk, Connor.  You kinda deserve all of this, tbh.

Flynn telling Denise to kiss his grits was perfection.  

• Love 5

I had so many “why didn’ts”...why didn’t Lucy shoot that bitch Emma when she had a chance, why didn’t Wyatt shoot the guy as they were running off, why didn’t Rufus or Wyatt blow up the mother ship (maybe I missed something since I was watching and doing other things). Glad the show (and Goran ?!) is back however.

• Love 8

I'm so glad this show is back! Loved Rufus' Clockblocker shout-out at the beginning.

Carol is definitely not winning any mother of the year awards. She not only kidnapped her daughter, she basically forced her to shoot an innocent man. Emma was just straight up ruthless, willing to shoot Marie and Irene Curie for the mission. Then you have Lucy, who was willing to sacrifice herself to stop Rittenhouse. I liked that "wicked step-sister" comment, because that's kind of true here. Emma is probably who Carol wishes Lucy would be. Good twist there at the end with the soldier being Carol's grandfather/Lucy's great-grandfather. Now that's two grandfathers she's met through time travel. 

As an unapologetic Lyatt shipper, I loved Wyatt's refusal to believe Lucy was dead and his determination to bring her home. And of course, I adore their moment in the bunker, even though Jiya interrupted, which was a good callback to Mason interrupting them in the finale. 

• Love 9

Welcome back from near death, timeless! Rittenhouses evil plan to get you cancelled was defeated through banter, awesome guest stars, and period inappropriate facial hair! For real though, I am super glad this show is back, and I really enjoyed the new episode tonight.

Rittenhouse is as vaugly evil as it always is (we`ve been chasing these guys for ages now, and I still have no idea what their philosophy is or why its so important they have to kill tons of people and cackle while twirling their mustaches) but the addition of the family drama makes it a lot more interesting. Carol isn't exactly an A+ mom, is she? That certainty took a dark turn, poor Lucy having to kill that poor soldier. I have to say, as evil as she is, I like Emma. She seems like she will be a good villain, shes ruthless as hell, and is clearly no fan of Lucy. 

Marie and Irene Curie really did look/feel like mother and daughter, and I liked seeing them pop by, even if it wasn't for as long as a lot of guest historical characters are. Loved when Lucy curtsied at Marie Curie! Ask for an autograph Lucy!

Loved Rufus awkwardly throwing a light on the guy Wyatt was fighting. Speaking of, I am not a huge fan of the Lucy/Wyatt true love story, but they work well enough, and I think they could grow on me. 

• Love 3

Don’t forget, Carol obviously remembers her other daughter. She didn’t even blink when Emma says she made sure Lucy’s sister would never reappear. 

Rittenhouse doesn’t even care about their own families. In addition to all they’ve done to Lucy and her sister, they just stole a man from his life.  Or were we to assume he would have died in that farmhouse and therefore never got to see his child(ren) grow up? 

Wonder when Lucy will find out who he was? 

Edited by mythoughtis
25 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Welcome back from near death, timeless! Rittenhouses evil plan to get you cancelled was defeated through banter, awesome guest stars, and period inappropriate facial hair!

Heh. So true. 

So Lucy almost fragged her own Great Granpa Rittenhouse. That might've put an end to it!

• Love 5

Well, The Walking Dead might be the big show on Sundays, but here comes the show that literally was dead for a few days, only to rise out from the grave!

Surprised how dark it got at times, especially with Lucy having to kill that one innocent solider.  Even though I do think he was doomed no matter what and, if she didn't, Emma would have used it as an excuse to kill her too, that has to be something that will stick with her.  I'm glad her separation from the team wasn't for very long, and hopefully we will get plenty of the trio going forward.

Susanna Thompson really seems to have nailed down the whole "Mother who does shady and even horrible stuff, but really does seem to love her child in her own bizarre way" character, I see.

I never knew how much I was missing Rufus until tonight.

Glad that all of the supporting cast is still here.  Glad that Jiya seems to be getting set up for bigger things, and I'm actually intrigued over the direction with a powerless Connor.  Christopher is still a bit of a talking cliche though.

Knew Flynn would be sticking around on some level, so I'm curious to see what is in store for him.

Definitely glad the show is back.  Looking forward to more banter, using pop culture references as cover stories, Abigail Spencer and Annie Wersching's apparently contest to see who can look best in period piece outfits, and, of course, what insane ways they will change the timeline!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

I had so many “why didn’ts”...why didn’t Lucy shoot that bitch Emma when she had a chance, why didn’t Wyatt shoot the guy as they were running off, why didn’t Rufus or Wyatt blow up the mother ship (maybe I missed something since I was watching and doing other things). Glad the show (and Goran ?!) is back however.

1 hour ago, Lieutenant said:

I was surprised at the grittier tone they took right out of the gate.  But I'm really digging it.  Rittenhouse did not come to play, they came to win

The new digs are delightfully cramped and dated.  That's gonna make for some good tension and character building moments lol.

Am I the only one that thinks they are riding this 'Wyatt/Lucy it's looooove' horse pretty damn hard?  She just had probably one of the worst moments of her life in her mother straight up abandoning her (not to mention the kidnapping and emotional abuse and manipulations), so she's an emotional wreck.  Poor thing, I really felt terrible for her through the whole episode. 

Not. Enough. Flynn.  - something they better can rectify going forward.  As of right now, he's the only one to have read the journal, successfully found a Rittenhouse sleeper agent, and likely knows about what's in the works.  Don't bench him like that, show. 

Boohoo, Connor is having a Rough Time™.  You're a jerk, Connor.  You kinda deserve all of this, tbh.

Flynn telling Denise to kiss his grits was perfection.  

That is a good question about shooting Emma. Maybe Lucy just wasn't thinking due to the situation or didn't think should could get away with it and still blow up the mothership. It is a good thing she didn't because she probably wouldn't have made it and if the guard escaped anyone he talked to may have been killed  as well. Also, I will need to rewatch, but I believe Emma shot him first with a different gun, meaning  she was not unarmed and would probably have been able to defend herself because she was expecting Lucy to try something. As for Rufus and Wyatt not blowing it up, I thought they didn't get there in time. Emma, Carol, and Lucy were there when they arrived. 

I also wish they would slow down the Wyatt and Lucy stuff, but that is only because I find Flynn fascinating and don't want them to completely discount the possibility yet lol. I like Wyatt and Lucy just fine, but I like open options. We haven't seen much of her and Flynn together yet, but it looks like they will be spending some time together this season since he refused to speak to anyone but her. I want to flesh out their relationship first before I decide which team I'm on.

• Love 1

Welcome back, Timeless.  You have been sorely missed.

-  Carol and Emma make a great pair.  Emma is straight up no-nonsense kill to win, while Carol is the soothing motherly coddler.  A real 'Good Cop, Bad Cop' duo.

-  So, it seems that Lucy's is the bloodline of Rittenhouse, or at least its current iteration.  Which doesn't make sense that Carol isn't a supreme commander type, if so.

-  I'm down with the 'sleeper cells throughout history' plot.  At least gives a concrete plan to follow for a 10-episode run.

-  The trio reunion scene was great.  Kind of an embodiment of what I felt when watching the episode, considering it was thought dead for a while before finding out it wasn't.

-  I'm not adverse to Lyatt, but its something that must be accepted either way.  Its happening, so no real use in complaining.

-  I hope they expand on Jiya's fainting, like in the first season finale, or her eyes rolling up and collapsing will become much more amusing instead of dramatic.

-  Are they planning on adding a 4th seat to the Lifeboat?  If not, what's the real use of keeping GV [Flynn] around?  Frequent consults from his cell??

-  The smirkish look that Keynes gave when Carol told him she was his granddaughter was straight up creepy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Don’t forget, Carol obviously remembers her other daughter. She didn’t even blink when Emma says she made sure Lucy’s sister would never reappear. 

Didn't Lucy tell her mom about her sister at the end of last season? I got the feeling that she knows she had another daughter but obviously doesn't feel the loss so she's chosen Rittenhouse over her. She chose Rittenhouse over Lucy too. I think Lucy will have to kill her before the season finale. Or she will end up doing something selfless for Lucy and die in the process.

• Love 2

Re:  Lucy/Amy/Carol; 

Unless I misunderstood, I think Emma was saying that she took 10 trips to make sure Amy wouldn't exist (again) - or at least taunted Lucy about it - under Carol's orders, and Carol was trying to shush her.  So, I don't know if it was true or if Carol was trying to get Emma to stop lying in the effort to rile Lucy up, IE make her angry & incite her so she could shoot her.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

This episode was a good setup for the season.  I'm glad the Rittenhouse agenda is a little more transparent now, and the Team's path for this season is more clear with the sleeper cells to destroy.  I found Flynn pretty tiresome last season after a few episodes, but now he has potential to work on their side, which could be interesting.  

The first five or ten minutes wasn't that great, with Wyatt acting like a loose cannon as usual, but once they got to 1918, the episode got a lot better.  I don't blame Lucy for shooting that soldier, since there wasn't much else she could have done.  Emma would have shot Lucy first the moment if she had aimed the shotgun at her.  Lucy's mother is pretty despicable, but if she was evil, she and Lucy could have made a pretty good team as time travelling historians.  

Meeting Marie Curie and her daughter provided some much needed lighter moments, and I hope they will do a few more international locales this year.  

As long as they allow the protagonists to actually wreck some of Rittenhouse's plans this season, then it could be better than last year, when they were usually just reacting to whatever Flynn was doing.  

• Love 2

I like this show enough to not really call it out for things..... but how fortunate that when Wyatt & Rufus were getting ready to take off in the Lifeboat, it was without the 'Big 3' there to help guide their takeoff - at Mason Industries, when it went "BOOM". 

*  'The Big 3' = Jiya, Connor, and Agent Christopher

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I had so many “why didn’ts”...why didn’t Lucy shoot that bitch Emma when she had a chance, why didn’t Wyatt shoot the guy as they were running off, why didn’t Rufus or Wyatt blow up the mother ship

...why that iPhone battery never died....

I love this show, despite its flaws.

ETA: I think they didn't blow up the ship because they didn't get there fast enough. Team Rittenhouse got there first.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Welcome back, Timeless.  You have been sorely missed.

-  Carol and Emma make a great pair.  Emma is straight up no-nonsense kill to win, while Carol is the soothing motherly coddler.  A real 'Good Cop, Bad Cop' duo.

-  So, it seems that Lucy's is the bloodline of Rittenhouse, or at least its current iteration.  Which doesn't make sense that Carol isn't a supreme commander type, if so.

-  I'm down with the 'sleeper cells throughout history' plot.  At least gives a concrete plan to follow for a 10-episode run.

-  The trio reunion scene was great.  Kind of an embodiment of what I felt when watching the episode, considering it was thought dead for a while before finding out it wasn't.

-  I'm not adverse to Lyatt, but its something that must be accepted either way.  Its happening, so no real use in complaining.

-  I hope they expand on Jiya's fainting, like in the first season finale, or her eyes rolling up and collapsing will become much more amusing instead of dramatic.

-  Are they planning on adding a 4th seat to the Lifeboat?  If not, what's the real use of keeping GV [Flynn] around?  Frequent consults from his cell??

-  The smirkish look that Keynes gave when Carol told him she was his granddaughter was straight up creepy.

I imagine RIttenhouse is more an "evil council" than a "Fearless Leader" type of group. Probably with the "pure" lines making decisions - and Carol is just one of those pure lines. Probably got outvoted.

6 minutes ago, possibilities said:

...why that iPhone battery never died....

I love this show, despite its flaws.

ETA: I think they didn't blow up the ship because they didn't get there fast enough. Team Rittenhouse got there first.

Shhh, let's jut say he had a solar charger for the iPhone. Or a special time each day to turn it on. Or a super battery.

And maybe they jailbroke it and gave it a super power efficient OS.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I wondered if somehow Carol's cancer in the real timeline was tied somehow to Amy's existence and the mom needs Amy to be gone for her to be alive.

It kind of is. In the first season, Lucy says her mom's cancer was because she started smoking, a habit she picked up from Amy's dad/Lucy's step-dad. After the Time Team changed the events of the Hindenburg, someone who was supposed to die ended up surviving, and her granddaughter married Amy's father. Since Carol never met him, she never started smoking, never got cancer, and Amy was never born.  

Edited by phalange
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

-  Are they planning on adding a 4th seat to the Lifeboat?  If not, what's the real use of keeping GV [Flynn] around?  Frequent consults from his cell

Any time the Life Boat takes off, there is a risk to the future existance of its passengers' and their 21st century acquaintances (because of the Butterfly Effect) so the crew that time hops together more likely continues to exist together. 

Therefore, the interpersonal relationships drama is amped up each trip for those who are separated by Orb distance, whether Jya and Rufus, Lucy and Wyatt, or even maybe Lucy and Flynn.
Hrrm. Now I'm recalling how much I've always loathed the game of musical chairs and its concept of leaving someone out.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Rittenhouse doesn’t even care about their own families. In addition to all they’ve done to Lucy and her sister, they just stole a man from his life.  Or were we to assume he would have died in that farmhouse and therefore never got to see his child(ren) grow up? 

Wonder when Lucy will find out who he was? 

3 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

Didn't Lucy tell her mom about her sister at the end of last season? I got the feeling that she knows she had another daughter but obviously doesn't feel the loss so she's chosen Rittenhouse over her. She chose Rittenhouse over Lucy too. I think Lucy will have to kill her before the season finale. Or she will end up doing something selfless for Lucy and die in the process.

Yes, in the season one finale Lucy opted to tell Carol the truth about the work she had been doing and the existence of Amy. Carol rejected Lucy’s plans to get Amy back as “Rittenhouse would never allow it. Rittenhouse would never let you take the lifeboat to make me sick, all to get some girl no one but you knows or cares about”. So she’s aware of Amy’s (former) existence, but her own sense of self-preservation came first! The trips Emma were sent on were clearly to ensure Carol would never get sick again.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Susanna Thompson really seems to have nailed down the whole "Mother who does shady and even horrible stuff, but really does seem to love her child in her own bizarre way" character, I see.

I couldn't stand her character on Arrow and now I feel the same on this show. I felt so bad for Lucy being in that situation.

• Love 2

Lucy going dark would have been shooting her mother with that rifle. The idea of making someone kill another to prove their loyalty is a bit of a cliche. The mother knew perfectly well that Lucy shooting the soldier proved nothing at all, because, duress. On the rare occasions this sort of thing is alleged in real life, the idea seems to be that the cops will blame them for the murder, which forecloses going to the cops. Proving duress is much more difficult than alleging it. Inasmuch as time travel renders the cops irrelevant, shooting the soldier proved nothing, as mom clearly knew, except that Emma is not quite rational on Lucy.

The show seems to me to have been a little demoralized by NBC. The way that Madame Curie and Irene simply disappeared after their characters weren't useful any more was sloppy. 

The Rittenhouse sleeper appears to have been there to get copies of Keen's plans, except it was Keen's plans that prompted Rittenhouse time travel researches. This makes no sense, but the only other explanation I can devise is that he was there because Rittenhouse feared the lifeboat crew intervening, as they did. Not wanting to alert the third lifeboat traveler they expected would at least explain why the dude didn't just shoot Wyatt or call for help. Still, even with Malcolm's assist, Wyatt taking out all three was pretty extreme. 

Still not clear why whozis is relevant?

I don’t see the relevance of kidnapping him and taking him 100 years into the future either. They already have the Mother ship and a whole lot of people on their side. What’s he going to add? 

I didn’t think he smirked- rather I thought it was a WTH? look. 

Edited by mythoughtis

Welcome back, Time Team! I missed you!

Fantastic return episode. The dynamic between Lucy, Rufus and Wyatt was great to see - even if they spent most of the episode separated. 

Lucy's story with her mom and Emma was very compelling (I loathe, Emma!) I thought Abigail did a great job showing Lucy struggling with the horrible choices she had to make.

Also loved seeing Jiya, Agent Christopher and Mason again. I didn't realize how much I missed them all.

Absolutely delighted to see Flynn at the end. I'm assuming he'll be forced to partner with the Time Team, and that dynamic will be interesting to see.

• Love 3

No matter what I say that may sound negative, I am truly happy this show is back on. In fact, I’m looking ahead to renewal time and thinking about ways we can help make a 3rd season.

1) Still don’t get Rittenhouse. On one hand they seem powerful as it is, but — what — it isn’t powerful enough? Do they want to control the world, like most James Bond villains? If so, just say so.

2) And if Rittenhouse is so powerful and have so many “agents” and seem to have better technology, how come they can’t find our team that looks to be in some poorly-equipped, 1950s bunker?

3) Along those lines, if we know when and to where the other ship travels, how come the bad guys can’t zero in on our ship and capture our team?

4) Flynn. Looks like they’re going to do a re-set of his character and shade him more as a food guy, just like they made Emma far badder than she was last season. Fair enough, but that leads to

5) Will they stick with the ship only being ably to carry 3 people? Flynn raises the number to 4 for our team. Unless he plans on staying in current time to do his investigation. But he would need, you would think, a side kick to do that. Maybe Agent Christopher, even though he doesn't like her. (And yes, I remember Jiya rode along as a fourth person in themachine, but that seemed to create a problem.)

Overall, though, I am very, very pleased with the new direction for the show. I like the grittier side. I think it’s well-balanced with humor and compassion. One othe concen, and it’s difficult to raise because I like everyone in the cast, is maybe the cast is too big. I really would prefer the bulk of each show be spent on Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus.  I don’t need, for instance, a show detailing Emma’s or Lucy’s mom backstory. Giving it to me to pieces will be fine. Having said that, I think the people associated with the show know the real “key” to the show is the history aspect.

• Love 4

Killing Emma leaves Lucy’s mom stranded without a pilot, so that’s probably why Lucy didn’t shoot her. If the begging her mom to join them was any indication, Lucy still had a smidge of hope for her Mom.  The hope Lucy showed is of course crushed now. Poor girl really has no family except maybe Grandpa Ethan, and who knows if we’ll ever see him again.  Rittenhouse probably killed him after they realized what he did.  

I was wishing they would’ve stolen the nice ship and left Lucy’s Mom the clunker. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, phalange said:

I loved Wyatt's refusal to believe Lucy was dead and his determination to bring her home. And of course, I adore their moment in the bunker, even though Jiya interrupted, which was a good callback to Mason interrupting them in the finale. 

I liked it because I’m sure it was very reminiscent for Wyatt with what happened to Jessica. Another woman he was in love with went missing and he didn’t know where Lucy was or if she was even alive? I’m surprised he was holding himself together as well as he was.

• Love 4

I wish they would have reaired a few of the final episodes of S1 before they came back, because everyone is recalling all of these things I totally forgot! (Thank you, BTW!) It was off air so long I really wanted a refresher, and the previouslies were not as helpful as I wanted lol.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

I wish they would have reaired a few of the final episodes of S1 before they came back, because everyone is recalling all of these things I totally forgot! (Thank you, BTW!) It was off air so long I really wanted a refresher, and the previouslies were not as helpful as I wanted lol.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but it sort of ticked me off—and bothered me—that NBC didn't re-air the entire series the week before, along with a big splashy campaign. I'll never forget what NBC did with Quantum Leap all those years ago. They did everything they could to support that show. Yeah, I know times are different. I happen to think that Timeless has a lot going for it, a lot of interest that transcends the typical audience. I think if NBC supported this show (more than they have), they'd have a hell of a noteworthy hit. 

• Love 12

I like the simplicity of the show but love that said simplicity allows for occasions of pathos.  Lucy's entire storyline tonight was very engaging.  The fact that she was willing to kill her mother and herself shows just how little hope she had.  When it was revealed that her mother took steps to make sure Amy would never be born, I was as shocked as Lucy.   Glad the writers let Lucy truly react when they got back to the present.

I really like Lucy and Wyatt together.  The reunion between Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus made me smile.  Flynn, President Nixon, Nazis, Al Capone, The Alamo, Bonnie and Clyde, Bennedict Arnold.  These 3 have been through a lot together.

Agent Christopher trying to keep the entire operation from unraveling was very apparent.

Emma is a wonderfully hissable villain.  Her commitment to Rittenhouse and all she's done in the name of that commitment, makes her ruthlessness on their behalf, very believable.

So glad this show is back.

• Love 3

Not to be Debbie Downer, but it sort of ticked me off—and bothered me—that NBC didn't re-air the entire series the week before, along with a big splashy campaign. I'll never forget what NBC did with Quantum Leap all those years ago. They did everything they could to support that show. Yeah, I know times are different. I happen to think that Timeless has a lot going for it, a lot of interest that transcends the typical audience. I think if NBC supported this show (more than they have), they'd have a hell of a noteworthy hit. 

They've been promoting it, but they don't seem to understand it, and/or are trying to sell it as less than it is. All they really care about is the period costumes and historically famous people. They aren't interested in the inner workings of the show. Ratings were not good last night either so that's more bad news.

That said, I'm awfully confused about what's going on right now. It's bad enough I can barely remember who Emma is and what she was doing the last time we saw her. Now there are all these "sleeper agents" planted in various timelines - by who? By Emma? It sure wasn't Flynn, was it? From what I remember, Flynn stole the mothership almost immediately after it was built, so who the hell piloted it back and forth to various timelines to plant all these sleeper agents? What are they all doing? 

• Love 1

So glad this show was saved.   I remember refreshing twitter for an hour that Saturday in May when they announced they were uncancelled.     I'm willing to forgive just about anything with the show to have it back.    But, I'm hella confused.    Captain Albright was the guy in the beginning who had the iPhone.     He was planted as a sleeper agent by Emma sometime in the past 6 weeks?    At a point in the past where he lived his life and rose through the ranks to get to the point, with the magically recharging iPhone?      Keynes was the guy they went back to save, had never been in 2018 and originally died in WWI?  He wrote the manifesto, Albright got a hold of it and scanned it to the phone? 

I think all of that is correct, but who was Mac, the guy who was with Emma, Carol, and Lucy when they got out of the mothership?   Where did he come from?  Was he on the Mothership with them, meaning the MS can hold 4?    Or had Emma taken a trip to leave him there and then turned around and went back to 2018 to get Carol and Lucy?

I hope they end up finding Amy somewhere else, not as Amy but just knowing the 'soul' was born would be neat.

Edited by iujen
grammar is hard
16 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

They've been promoting it, but they don't seem to understand it, and/or are trying to sell it as less than it is. All they really care about is the period costumes and historically famous people. They aren't interested in the inner workings of the show. Ratings were not good last night either so that's more bad news.

That said, I'm awfully confused about what's going on right now. It's bad enough I can barely remember who Emma is and what she was doing the last time we saw her. Now there are all these "sleeper agents" planted in various timelines - by who? By Emma? It sure wasn't Flynn, was it? From what I remember, Flynn stole the mothership almost immediately after it was built, so who the hell piloted it back and forth to various timelines to plant all these sleeper agents? What are they all doing? 

I wish they hadn’t put it on Sunday night. That’s a death zone for a network show. I watch all the Chicago shows but didn’t watch Chicago Justice because it was slotted on Sunday. Guess what? It was canceled.

I love Goran V., but I can’t get over Flynn murdering Lincoln! 

• Love 2

So glad this show is back.  I can't see how it wouldn't change things to bring Grandpa to the present - he wouldn't be doing any of the things he did in the past if he was suddenly disappeared from his oriignal timeline, right?  

I was so ready to see Flynn - I was wondering if I missed something about him that was said early in the episode or something.  Thankfully he is back!

So glad the show is back. I really hope it can succeed and continue on. But for now I'll just enjoy the gift of a second season.

So it looks they are going all in on Wucy this season. I for one was holding out hope that Flucy would become a thing. 

• Love 1

Lucy fell out of my good graces when she murdered that soldier in cold blood. Because if she didn't, someone else would? Right ... great reason for becoming a murderer. Why not let someone else carry that burden. Plus now she's all verklempt because "she killed someone." Geesh. No kidding. I, for one, am not forgiving you Lucy.

It's also curious how they aren't suppose to change history, yet killing innocent bystanders doesn't change anything? That murdered soldier could be MY grandfather. And if they didn't go back in time to save grandpa, why does everyone exist now? Who saved him in real time the first time? If he had died, none of them would be here now.

I know, stop trying to make sense of this.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Lucy fell out of my good graces when she murdered that soldier in cold blood. Because if she didn't, someone else would? Right ... great reason for becoming a murderer. Why not let someone else carry that burden. Plus now she's all verklempt because "she killed someone." Geesh. No kidding. I, for one, am not forgiving you Lucy.

It's also curious how they aren't suppose to change history, yet killing innocent bystanders doesn't change anything? That murdered soldier could be MY grandfather. And if they didn't go back in time to save grandpa, why does everyone exist now? Who saved him in real time the first time? If he had died, none of them would be here now.

I know, stop trying to make sense of this.

And again, not to beat up on a show that I like and want to come back, but you (and others) mentioned Lucy killing the soldier last night. Well, don't forget, she killed Jesse James, and from what I can remember, for no good reason. Yes, Wyatt had the drop on Jesse and wanted to kill him, but Flynn had the drop on Wyatt. It was, from what I remember, a stand-off. Then Lucy shot Jesse (and I think was in the back — which, to course, is how he actually died).

It's funny because I've seen Abigail Spencer interviewed a handful of times recently and she keeps saying that the show is kid-friendly. Is it really????? Not to mention it's on at 10:00!!!

Yeah, that 10:00 on Sunday is . . . um, bad. I kind of wished they'd put it up against The Walking Dead. That show is slipping dramatically in the ratings, and though it's still popular with some people, I think Timeless would be a great competitor, taking away people who would never watch TWD and people who are probably sick and tired of the gore (people like me).

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Well, don't forget, she killed Jesse James, and from what I can remember, for no good reason.

LOL, I did forget this. I've pretty much forgotten all the last season, and I watched every episode.

TWD ... I had to quit that, it was too OTT for my taste in entertainment. I still hate the Timeless people killing anyone who gets in their way or happens to be around when the Flying Eyeball lands, given their motto of Not Changing History. I'm still irked they didn't save Lincoln. I DO remember that!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

. Now there are all these "sleeper agents" planted in various timelines - by who? By Emma? It sure wasn't Flynn, was it? From what I remember, Flynn stole the mothership almost immediately after it was built, so who the hell piloted it back and forth to various timelines to plant all these sleeper agents? What are they all doing? 

When Connor solved something or other somehow that gave them access to the mother ship's travel logs. It was explicitly said there was a record of ten journeys to the past, and a comment that Emma's trips to erase the sister(=save Carol's life) couldn't have been the purpose for all of them. At this point, if I remember correctly, the script told Wyatt that Rittenhouse's strategy was sleeper agents. According to the dialogue, it was the examples of Emma's years in Missouri and the deduction that the Rittenhouse officer had risen in the ranks that gave him the idea of long term operatives, instead of short-timers storming in like commandos in Flynn's raids. The diary was supposed to give more information but for some inexplicable reason it will be Flynn who can draw the useful intelligence from it. Well, inexplicable in fictional universe terms. In writing room terms, it's so he has a reason to be around. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

First, it's absolutely right that NBC is trying, but I don't think they really know how to promote it effectively. I've seen more commercials for it than I did last season, but that's not saying much. I don't watch NBC very often, normally.

As for Emma, she used to work for Mason Industries. She was a former pilot in their program (Rufus knew her, he thought she died in one of the accidents with the time machine). She was described as "hiding" in the past presumably to avoid Rittenhouse until Flynn went back during the Jesse James episode to recruit her to his cause. She was a bit of a double crosser, though. She was working with Flynn for quite a bit of season 1. Yet, in the finale, as Carol was telling Lucy that knows about the time travel and that she's also Rittenhouse, Emma took over the Mothership for Rittenhouse.

I'm a little confused on who traveled where on the Mothership during that six weeks Lucy was missing & in Rittenhouse's clutches. I assumed she had been on jumps with Emma and Carol. But, the way Lucy described it when they were discussing the sleeper agents, Lucy said she wasn't aware of the 10 jumps during those six weeks. So... Who knows?

For this of you who are wanting to catch up, the entire first season 1 is available on Hulu. 

Edited by SecretSK
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Lucy fell out of my good graces when she murdered that soldier in cold blood. Because if she didn't, someone else would? Right ... great reason for becoming a murderer. Why not let someone else carry that burden.

Lucy was planning to blow up the mothership and ruin the whole Rittenhouse plan. If she hadn’t killed the soldier, Emma would have done it and killed her too. 

• Love 1

I think the 10 trips were done in the six weeks between when Emma got the Mothership back and current date. I think this was both Lucy’s and Carols first trip since they kidnapped Lucy. Carol was so excited when they first arrived, as if this was all new to her.   Emma must have piloted the ship. She did tell Lucy that ‘ I’ have been making trips to ensure no Amy. 

Thanks to the poster that reminded me that Carol already knew about Amy. The show has been gone too long. 

The mothership must be capable of carrying more than 3 people-  Flynn seem to have plenty of people with him each trip? I think Mac came with the 3 women. 

The lifeboat, being the original prototype, isn’t as well designed. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Spelling
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Lucy was planning to blow up the mothership and ruin the whole Rittenhouse plan. If she hadn’t killed the soldier, Emma would have done it and killed her too. 

Then Lucy should have shot/killed Emma while she had the gun if she was going to be a murderer anyway. But then I guess that would be the end of the show, so don't pay any attention to what I think. I just don't need to see Lucy moping around about it.

• Love 1

I'm still not clear on what these sleeper agents were/are trying to do. It's only just recently that Rittenhouse got control of the Mothership. Prior to this, they were actually controlling the Life Boat in an effort to take down Flynn, who in turn was trying to take down Rittenhouse. So, are these sleeper agents just news-gathering? They get dropped off somewhere in the past, live there for a few years, then pass info along to the time travelers? I don't understand what use they are to Rittenhouse. 

16 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I'm not sure we know enough to assume she isn't the supreme commander, at least in this timeline.

16 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Re:  Lucy/Amy/Carol; 

Unless I misunderstood, I think Emma was saying that she took 10 trips to make sure Amy wouldn't exist (again) - or at least taunted Lucy about it - under Carol's orders, and Carol was trying to shush her.  So, I don't know if it was true or if Carol was trying to get Emma to stop lying in the effort to rile Lucy up, IE make her angry & incite her so she could shoot her.

I didn't get the impression that Emma was saying she did that under Carol's orders. But, given everything, it seems likely she would have known about it.

9 hours ago, JackONeill said:

2) And if Rittenhouse is so powerful and have so many “agents” and seem to have better technology, how come they can’t find our team that looks to be in some poorly-equipped, 1950s bunker?

The bunker seemed to be a fall out shelter (even if the windows would negate that purpose - the signs on the walls certainly seem to indicate that it is supposed to be), and so they might be shielded from the scans. I think there might be a connection to the x-rays not working right due to the interference from the Rittenhouse mother ship, but my brain is not quite getting there.

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I can't remember now if Lucy's sister was never born because the ancestor of the sister's actual father died when they screwed up with the Hindenburg, or was simply shifted to another place, but I agree. They tend to shrug that off time and again, which does bug.

I don't think grandpa survived originally. The Rittenhouse stuff started well before WWI (if I recall correctly), and I think parts of Grandpa's manifesto may have survived originally (scanning it onto the phone seems to me a way to preserve it). I'm not altogether sure why they'd want him, specifically, since his insights into historical pressure points are a 100 years out of date.

Edited by Clanstarling
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'm still not clear on what these sleeper agents were/are trying to do. It's only just recently that Rittenhouse got control of the Mothership. Prior to this, they were actually controlling the Life Boat in an effort to take down Flynn, who in turn was trying to take down Rittenhouse. So, are these sleeper agents just news-gathering? They get dropped off somewhere in the past, live there for a few years, then pass info along to the time travelers? I don't understand what use they are to Rittenhouse. 

I think they are planting people in time so that they can use them to help change history for the evil. So this general guy worked his way up the ranks so he could help get access to Carol's grandmother. Or maybe to try and help the US lose the war. But that is problematic, because if he was going to help them lose wouldn't the change be felt as soon as he as left back in time? So it must be planting people in time so that they are their to help other time travelers when they get there. Because that's the only way whatever they are doing wouldn't have already happened and impacted the timeline.

29 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I don't think grandpa survived originally. The Rittenhouse stuff started well before WWI (if I recall correctly), and I think parts of Grandpa's manifesto may have survived originally (scanning it onto the phone seems to me a way to preserve it). I'm not altogether sure why they'd want him, specifically, since his insights into historical pressure points are a 100 years out of date.

I wonder if grandpa has already has his kid. He looked pretty young. But if they took him to the future, I'm thinking either they bring him back or he'd already had an offspring. Otherwise, wouldn't carol (and by extension Lucy) have disappeared?

My favorite line was Wyatt's, "We were trying to save Private Ryan." 

• Love 4