Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Power of Veto #2; Live Eviction #2

• Start Topic

Another good episode. Ross was so close to making the biggest move in the house only to be shot down and HOH wasted lol.

Big Brother not replacing Keshias breast pump was just dirty of them. Get the girl a new one so she can just continue to play! I was actually sad to see her go. 

• Love 7

Julie starts off with poetry!! Maybe there will be a BB poetry reading. Wine, cheese and stale water crackers! Brandi will lead off with haiku. Omarosa will close with an epic poem in the style of the Iliad and Odyssey (iambic pentameter and just as long) about her exploits in The Apprentice Wars, her betrayal and banishment from Troy, oops, the White House and now she can't go home until she goes through a number of challenges, like meeting up with a few Sirens and other things, playing Big Brother.

Loved Julie's cough! Shade!

Was Ariadne holding a tampon while she was talking to Brandi about Shannon?

They are showing the funniest shots of people! Keshia sticking out her tongue at the camera; Marissa doing something weird.

Oh gosh, Metta is so funny! Just like a little boy playing with his toys.

A live POV - has that been done before? (besides BB OTT) This sounds kind of confusing. Oh shoot, Shannon's been eliminated. Well, go Marissa? Huh, I counted 10 kids. Omarosa didn't even try. She sat there waiting for the other person to answer. I wonder if Marissa will use it. It's one thing to go along with a plan to backdoor Shannon, it's another to get "blood on your hands." I can't figure out why Keshia is crying. Oh, it's about her breast milk.

I had a feeling she wouldn't use it! Maybe out of mercy for Keshia, who seems to want to leave, or because she doesn't want blood on her hands.

Neil Lane commercial - WRONG SHOW! - This is not The Bachelor.

Oh come on, Omarosa! Yeah, right.  Well, I'm glad Shannon is safe.. Huh, James does look like Adam Levine (as others have stated).  Metta figures out how to do it right. Shannon looks so alone. I think she's feeling she's a pariah.

• Love 1
Just now, Rachel RSL said:

Julie with the fake cough was the highlight of the night. I love when the ChenBot malfunctions and a joke pops out!

Julie’s *kaff* slayed me - I had to back it up and watch it again.  Twice.

• Love 16

James will not care who was to blame for putting him on the block 10 days ago. That was then and this is now. Shannon reversed the house and kept him in. I don't think anything Keisha tells him will effect him.

And that is what makes him a good and dangerous player. He doesn't hold a grudge for playing a game. Its lets move on, with him.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 6

So, I am not going to judge Keshia for her decision. I'm not a mom, so I have no idea how tough it would be to pump in the house, especially after so much stress, so good on her for making a call. I was not a fan of Keshia in any way, but I can't find it in my heart to judge her on wanting to go home and care for her child. I don't think her putting all the blame on Shannon without having all the information was a good idea, though. 

Metta figured out how to vote. Well, kind of. Julie still had to interrupt him.

Omarosa standing there and hoping everyone who challenged her would get it wrong, I guess. 

I did roll my eyes at Marissa's pouty face as she was voting. "I'm sorry I didn't get to use my veto!" Oh yeah, I bet you were ecstatic to blindside Shannon. Now you gotta deal with her in the house when someone inevitably tells her. 

Shannon for HOH! 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Though I wasnt a fan of Keshia trying to place so much blame on Shannon when she and the others had equal amount when it came to wanting to get James out.

Problem with Keshia’s “truth burp” was Keshia apparently never DID get a clue as to what actually went down with the James/Chuck vote, so she didn’t know the truth to tell it - i.e., that it was Shannon who led the vote-flip charge to save James.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh yeah, I bet you were ecstatic to blindside Shannon. Now you gotta deal with her in the house when someone inevitably tells her. 

I'm confused as to why they're not working together. Didn't they tell us in the first episode that they were super secret besties?

• Love 1
Just now, Rachel RSL said:

I'm confused as to why they're not working together. Didn't they tell us in the first episode that they were super secret besties?

To be honest, I'm just as confused as you are. They were supposed to be, but I guess that was false? I mean, it's evident with how pouty Marissa got when she couldn't play an active role in evicting her supposed super secret friend from the outside. 

• Love 2

If Marissa was sticking to the plan, she should have thrown the Veto to Oma at the end.  Then Keisha starts begging to be voted out.  It must be a contract issue that she loses a lot of money if she just walks.

Marissa saves Shannon to grant Keisha's wish.  Once she is out she will know what the plan was so Marissa probably gets her vote if she makes F2.

Oma is quite a piece of work.  Not sure what to make of the whole Pence thing, though I agree with voiced opinion. You can never trust a professional liar.

Mark reminds me of Maxx Headroom from back in the dark ages.  He's well under the radar along with Ari.

Metta is hilarious.  He could float/stumble to the end.  Anything's possible in this accelerated season.

James was strangely bearable.  

It's all up in the air until the HOH is chosen.  Ross will come up with a plan D.  

• Love 4

I haven't liked Keisha for a long, long time, and I don't even remember how it started. I also don't think she is a good actor. There was a Tyler Perry movie where she played a prostitute and was groan worthy. In her defense, that whole part of the story was weak, in my opinion, and I don't think another actor would have made it better.

So, I was quite annoyed that I felt sorry for her tonight. I was unable to pump myself, and had trouble nursing in general, resulting in my milk drying up at six weeks. My son lost so much weight that his pediatrician ordered me to supplement with formula, and a breastfeeding support group (I'm not naming it on purpose because a lot of women do get support) sent a woman over to help me on day sixteen. She told me that supplementing is the reason I couldn't make enough milk and only a very small percentage of women can't nurse. His home-health nurse said that was bull and that statistic referred to women who didn't have milk ducts and other defects, not all women in general and doesn't include women who had traumatic births or early deliveries and many of those women don't produce milk because the body doesn't send the signal to begin nursing. The human body is quite the asshole.

I couldn't carry to term and had miscarriages before finally having my son, couldn't produce milk, couldn't pump and thought I must be the most worthless mother alive. Later, my gastrointestinal doctor explained that my body shut down the milk production because my body needed the nutrients. My midwife had me taking all kinds of herbs that were supposed to help, but didn't. There are now prescription meds to help.

I share this long, too much information post to say that as ridiculous as I find Keisha, having trouble pumping breast milk can cause terrible mental distress. By now, I think she knew that she was unlikely to make it to the end and used it as an excuse though. 

Still don't like her and don't like that I have sympathy feelings for her, though. 

• Love 10

I liked Mark's eyeroll at O talking about politics.  I highly doubt she was privy to any real info.  What do they mean by, Will we be ok? Why do they keep asking her that?

I loved Julie throwing shade at O!!

Other than that...too many commercials! 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Mark reminds me of Maxx Headroom from back in the dark ages.  He's well under the radar along with Ari.

Max_Headroom.jpg.cf4c40e113c0b10cd75528ccf29a0efb.jpg

It it it's the hair... naturally... okay. Ok. Oh ohhhkay.

Heh.

Anyhow, no judgement or brave synthesis of the whole breast milk debate here... I'm just pissed at Keisha for grinding to a stop a game that's been fun and flying around at 100 mph. I wanted to see what the pieces to be picked up post-Shannon would be.

So you want to go home? Tap out and let the game go, don't hold it hostage and make a whole night (of which we don't get many) pointless. This is like losing a month's worth of gameplay. And the less said about BreastMilkGate the better I think. Let's hope things pick up again next eppy.

• Love 9

Maybe Keisha should have mentioned to James that the alliance essentially broke up because Shannon refused to take Chuck off the block in order to get James out and put a "scare" into Mark.  "James, although you wouldn't be here if Shannon didn't flip the vote when I wanted to save Chuck, she's shady and you shouldn't trust her." 

I don't blame her for being annoyed that things didn't go the way she wanted, but then own it.  I hate that she tried to play it off that it was her unassailable integrity and complete honesty in the house that made her say it.  Or just say that she was doing it to help Omarosa, either response would have been more honest.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Brandi will lead off with haiku.

Just saw the best haiku I have ever seen:

Five syllables here

and seven syllables there

are you happy now?

I don't know what to think about Keisha.  I get that breastfeeding is important and very personal - I do not judge one way or the other.  

Meta was cracking me up in the bathtub with the ducks(?).  Were they ducks? or flamingos?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, I am not going to judge Keshia for her decision.

I am.  My entertainment trumps (cough, cough) motherhood any day, dammit!  I was soooooo looking forward to Shannon being blindsided.  Why can't Keshia wait just 4 more days until Friday's eviction?  Grrrrrr!!!!

1 hour ago, Christi said:

did they say when the next hoh is?

It almost always happens right after the eviction so they will show it on Wednesday's show but if you want to get the results early there is always the live discussion thread.  Sometimes they show the actual HOH competition on the live feeds but sometimes not.  But either way they certainly show the winning person going to the HOH room etc. and will be reported on the live discussion as soon as anyone knows.  Which reminds me I should go read that now.

Julie's cough was good but my highlight was Metta and his new bestest friend, the hot tub camera.

Edited by green
  • Love 6

Not too much to say about the show in general, but I sure hope O goes soon ( although I suspect BB will move the Earth to keep her there as long as possible), I cannot express how dumb I think her political opinions are. Therefore, I will spout one of my own-- her thing about Pence being worse than Trump is just plain ridiculous to me. Pence was Governor of my state until he became VP. While I didn't care for his politics ( and I usually lean Rep.) , I think he's a decent man. I lost most of my respect for him when he started defending Trump and all his crap, but I'm not sure he has a lot of choice at this point. That's what you do in Washington, apparently. Why he even agreed to be on the Trump ticket will forever be a mystery to me, but I've seen him with his family and I do think he's basically a good guy in a really bad situation. When Trump is- eventually- run out of DC, he will have a lot to make up for.

Metta, who also has an Indiana connection- was pretty funny. I've never seen that side of him before. He always seemed rather intense when playing for the Pacers.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I don't know what to think about Keisha.  I get that breastfeeding is important and very personal - I do not judge one way or the other.  

Not to mention, simple stress can adversely affect milk production - and the BB House is nothing if not a stress factory.

• Love 5

Loved Julie tonight! I know it's a dumb thing to worry about, but I really hope that the rumors about her husband don't turn out to be true (that he's allegedly the next person for whom "time's up"), if only because I don't see how Julie could weather something like that and I am NOT prepared to watch BB without Chen-bot present!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Loved Julie tonight! I know it's a dumb thing to worry about, but I really hope that the rumors about her husband don't turn out to be true (that he's allegedly the next person for whom "time's up"), if only because I don't see how Julie could weather something like that and I am NOT prepared to watch BB without Chen-bot present!

Don’t think we have to worry (and I say “we” because I am right there with you RE the lovely Ms. Chen); from what I gather regarding the proposed CBS/Viacom merger, Les is at the top of the short list of candidates to run the resulting behemoth.

• Love 1

I'm sure it makes me evil but I can't stand people signing up for reality shows and then whining about missing their families. Stay the fuck home then.

I know it would be really tough for me to be away from my mom for three weeks. We are really close but she also had a above the knee amputation on one leg so I worry about her a lot. But, you know what, I just wouldn't go at the end of the day.

I want people who come to play. Otherwise, hit the road.

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I'm sure it makes me evil but I can't stand people signing up for reality shows and then whining about missing their families. Stay the fuck home then.

I know it would be really tough for me to be away from my mom for three weeks. We are really close but she also had a above the knee amputation on one leg so I worry about her a lot. But, you know what, I just wouldn't go at the end of the day.

I want people who come to play. Otherwise, hit the road.

No kidding!   And then Omarosa gives a speech about how PROUD she is of Keisha, for being so brave and all.   I swear these people act like they are doing something important and noble, not just appearing on a reality show.   they're not serving their country, they're playing a fucking GAME. 

If you need to be home to breastfeed your child, then by all means, stay home and do that.  Don't go on a reality show and then cry to be sent home to be with your baby!  

• Love 17

Keisha's 'baby' is over a year old? And still only getting breast milk? Babies need to get solid food by about 6 1/2 - 7 months. You know, when their teeth emerge. That's why things like that happen. I breast-fed mine until about 10 months or so, but there was solid food worked in at the appropriate time.

• Love 5

Omarosa trashing Mike Pence for his Christian faith was vile.  She's showing her true colors already, and I was actually thinking I might have been wrong about her.  She's reprehensible.   And they will probably keep her around until I quit watching, ala Paul. 

• Love 6

This was kind of a ho hum episode. All that talk about backdooring Shannon (which probably would have been wise) and then Keisha basically self evicts. Oh well. 

I really REALLY hope this season isn't going to be chock full of politics. I watch TV to escape that shit. I think Omarosa just delights in telling these stories. ...dropping little tidbits, but nothing truly juicy. She thinks people might keep her around in the hopes she'll eventually drop a big bomb. 

I NEED Metta to stay. He is the comic relief, for sure. His conversation with the camera while playing with the pink "ducks" (flamingos) was everything. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Whatever, Keshia. You didn't mind being away from your kid last week when things were going your way. I mean, nothing personal, go home and be happy but whatever.

Julie with the fake cough was the highlight of the night. I love when the ChenBot malfunctions and a joke pops out!

Maybe they should make every season only a month long. There's no time for bullshit, they start playing the game immediately. Or maybe they should just always use celebrities since they're there to actually play, not just get air time, or fake a showmance or make the jury so they can date Hayden. Whatever the reason, this season is so much more enjoyable than I had anticipated. Although, damn, is this show on every night? That's a big time commitment. Good thing I have no life.

Despite his Groot-ness, I still love me some Mark McGrath. I can definitely see him and Metta quietly going really far. Unless Metta accidentally votes to evict himself or something.

I prefer Celebrity Big Brother to regular Big Brother.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

I prefer Celebrity Big Brother to regular Big Brother.

So do I. No showmancs, also these people are performers but are really being themselves playing a game. So many times on BB people who aren't professional performers are "acting" for the camera, trying to score camera time for the episodes (Raven), it's hard to explain what I mean. The celebrities aren't doing that because they don't really need to. They're already famous (at least somewhat).

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Omerosa won't shut up about politics.

Omerosa was put in for the stories, when her stories run out production will probably want her out.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

This was kind of a ho hum episode. All that talk about backdooring Shannon (which probably would have been wise) and then Keisha basically self evicts. Oh well. 

I really REALLY hope this season isn't going to be chock full of politics. I watch TV to escape that shit. I think Omarosa just delights in telling these stories. ...dropping little tidbits, but nothing truly juicy. She thinks people might keep her around in the hopes she'll eventually drop a big bomb. 

I NEED Metta to stay. He is the comic relief, for sure. His conversation with the camera while playing with the pink "ducks" (flamingos) was everything. 

I thought the Metta humour in the pool was very planned and boring.  He's so obviously meant to be the joke character but the humour is heavy-handed.

I'm glad Shannon stayed, sick of the sheep following Ross.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Why didn't Keshia just self-evict? 

Is there a reason why she couldn't have? 

I have no idea what is in the contract, but self-eviction could forfeit or radically reduce any compensation.

Someone here said they are being paid $200K for this, so that's a big incentive to tough it out and get the others to evict you.

14 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

I hope the sheep turn against Ross soon, he's getting too much airtime with the mastermind edit, I've heard enough of his voice already.

He's whining about others playing "too hard", while he himself is playing too hard.

Edited by PaperTree
typo
  • Love 1

Apparently BB did give Keisha a breast pump that malfunctioned, and replaced it, but she wasn't successful in getting enough to feed the baby. Keisha was worried her supply was dwindling because the pumping wasn't going well, so she wanted to go. I think that the baby should be having more than that too, but Keisha said the baby only wants the breast milk. Hope she weans her before kindergarten.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Why didn't Keshia just self-evict? 

Is there a reason why she couldn't have? 

26 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I have no idea what is in the contract, but self-eviction could forfeit or radically reduce any compensation.

Yea, if you self-evict you forfeit your stipend.

• Love 3

Only five minutes in and there it is:  Ross contemplates the ethics of evicting someone "who just came home from the hospital" and Ariadna notes that Omarosa's asthma makes her a weak player and they better switch focus to James and Shannon instead.

Well done, producers.  Safe!!!

--Meta thinks those are ducks?

--Two women sitting inside and staring at each other through their aviator sunglasses cracks me up.

--Are they showing the Celebrity Houseguests the billboards while they're being quizzed about the billboards?  The challenge is who can count to five . . . faster?

--I can't understand Keisha, except that it's "really serious," because she's crying so hard.  . . .  Oh.  Okay.  Bye.

--No jury house for these people.  Get Me Out of Here Because I'm a Celebrity!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Keisha's 'baby' is over a year old? And still only getting breast milk? Babies need to get solid food by about 6 1/2 - 7 months. You know, when their teeth emerge. That's why things like that happen. I breast-fed mine until about 10 months or so, but there was solid food worked in at the appropriate time.

I'll respectfully disagree. Our pediatrician always told me, "Food before one is mainly for fun." Many babies still get most of their nutrients from breast milk until around a year ("around" can mean a few months before or after). Keisha said her baby DOES eat some solids. So he/she will get there. As long as the child is still developing along "normal" lines and doesn't have any nutritional deficiencies, I don't see a cause for concern. 

The teeth thing is not a real indication of being ready for solids. My children were all early teethers. My daughter had 4 teeth at 3 months of age and I certainly wasn't going to start her on solids that young. Then there's my nephew who only had 4 teeth at one year. The emergence of teeth varies a lot and should not be used as any real indicator that a baby is ready for solid food. 

Americans tend to be very different than much of the world when it comes to breastfeeding. Extended breastfeeding is normal in many other countries. If it works for you and your baby, I don't care.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I have a hard time believing that BB would pull that even if she self-evicted.  A single mother self-evicting to be with her baby and then having the stipend forfeited?  There is no way that BB could spin that.  It would be a very bad look.

This season is a bit different since it's celebs so I agree they probably would let her self-evict and she'd still get the money she was promised, but in a regular season there's no way they would give a shit. Never underestimate how callous and cheap the production of this show is lol.

And even with this season, I'm sure they used "Well, you won't get your money," as a way to keep her from self-evicting if she was talking to them in DR about it because they don't want to get off their schedule and someone self-evicting messes with that.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think Omarosa just delights in telling these stories. ...dropping little tidbits, but nothing truly juicy. She thinks people might keep her around in the hopes she'll eventually drop a big bomb. 

Didn’t you know?  This is the kickoff of Omarosa’s tour for her book - a tell-all about her year in the White House.  Wonder what the title’s going to be?  “A Black Woman In a White House”?  Nahhh, Michele Obama probably has prior claim to that.  “The Nation’s Apprentice”?  Hmmmm....  ;)

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Metta may have been cast as The Comic Relief, but to me it’s coming across as somewhat forced; his mugging for the cameras is already hitting Josh levels of irritation for me, and that’s saying something.

1 hour ago, candall said:

--Are they showing the Celebrity Houseguests the billboards while they're being quizzed about the billboards?  The challenge is who can count to five . . . faster?

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

LMAO! I couldn't believe that comp.

Same here.  Doesn’t Production normally, like, take the billboards OFF the display before quizzing the HGs?  Yaknow, just to keep it interesting?

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I have a hard time believing that BB would pull that even if she self-evicted.  A single mother self-evicting to be with her baby and then having the stipend forfeited?  There is no way that BB could spin that.  It would be a very bad look.

The contracts are written by lawyers, so that’s a trifle redundant.  ;)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Omerosa was put in for the stories, when her stories run out production will probably want her out.

Omarosa has no credibility, so is there really any point to the stories other than filling time? If I want political lies, there's an array of media sources to choose from, slanted in different directions and degrees.

• Love 6

All that talk and at the end of the day neither Ross nor Marissa had the balls to make a big move.

Could we fucking stop with the subtitles whenever Metta speaks?  I can understand the man, thankyouvermuch.

Maybe I’m the only one but I didn’t find Julie’s ‘cough’ funny….wouldn’t have been so funny if Omarosa had wound up in ER now would it? 

• Love 1