Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Rebel Rebel

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Bannon said:

Oh, I have little doubt that Superspy Stripper Carrie's performance is going to show up again, and I expect it will be used to threaten her custody of her child, yet again. No doubt the writers were all stretched out in recliners  when they brainstormed through this uncharted territory.

I guess I should just be happy that Carrie didn't have sex with him.

• Love 1

tantrum-cry-smiley-emoticon.png I just miss Quinn so damn much. I cared more about him way more than Carrie. 

PS. Crazy sister or not, if Carrie got my kid mixed up in spy danger shit like that, she would be evicted immediately. 

• Love 1

So - is Keane an AMAZING actress*, or is somebody framing her for the General's death?

Great to see Badass!Carrie at the end, even if that plot was stupid.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:02 AM, The Bullpen said:

O'Keefe is craven to the point that he sees truth as nothing more than a toy to be used, abused, and thrown out.  He clearly has no conscience whatsoever. .. As Keane said herself in tonight's episode, the only apparent reason she was targeted was because some people in the military/gov't felt "disrespected" by her.  I want to know more about what really makes O'Keefe tick, though.  Why did *he* want her dead?

Yeah, he doesn't seem to be enough of a "True Believer" to go through with all the hassle he's going through (and his comments about them being loonies), apparently isn't in it for the $$$, so... why exactly did Dar & co. see in him? He just seems to be just an internet troll, but was fairly high up in the conspiracy. I could see Dar (et al) using him, but trusting him?

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, Ottis said:

All he has to do is say that to any number of CIA, FBI or White House staff, and I highly doubt the authorities will give a shit about what the hacker did to Carrie.

Given how completely Carrie kicked the crap out of him, he might genuinely believe Carrie would kill him if he tried. He didn't seem like a fanatic, just an opportunist.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, Ina123 said:

The location of the country yahoos hiding the useless Alex Jones character is supposedly Philippi, WV

Oh, the "Philippi Races". I was thinking it looked a little lacking a river to be the Bull Run (Manassas).

* Granted, she IS a politician!

On ‎19‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 1:39 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was rolling my eyes (as usual) at O'Keefe. Although he is technically correct about McClendon's official cause of death not being true, ANYONE can die of a heart attack. My friend's boyfriend was under 40, in great physical shape (ate healthy, ran marathons), and died suddenly of a heart attack. We were all shocked because there was NOTHING to indicate this would happen. Not everyone who has a heart attack is an old obese smoker with a history of heart problems and stuffing their faces with cheeseburgers.

I rolled my eyes when O'Keefe called McClendon a hero although, whatever his past military merits were he was a traitor who tried to assassinate the PEOTUS.  That was pure Fascism - the chosen ones know what's good for the country and are therefore justified to break the law for our aim.   

On ‎19‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 7:11 PM, scrb said:

And those hicks are going to raise their arms at federal officers, being nostalgic about places where the South fought the oppressors from the North?

I think the show runners are trying to say there are enough people who'd take up arms to protect O'Keefe, keep this dumb story line alive.  But they don't want to get too controversial by having them wave Confederate flags and get too close to what's happening IRL.

So Saul is trying to reason with the local cop who stashed O'Keefe, saying we can't have Americans look at FBI like those real enemies in Afghanistan and Iraq who look at US soldiers with hate in their eyes.

Anyone who openly raises their guns at federal cops are going to get mowed down and shouldn't be depicted in more sympathetic light than the Branch Davidians or these other paramilitary groups who got into shootouts with the feds or were prepared to.  I'm sure they'll have these country people pull back at the last minute rather than actually shoot at the feds.

These people live in the fantasy world. If the army and the police of the central government breaks down, there will be no liberty but first various paramilitary groups and then civil war between them.  

• Love 2
On ‎19‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 4:47 AM, Ina123 said:

The shrink seemed hostile toward Carrie.

By making perfectly valid questions? Any sane person listening to Carrie would make a diagnosis: megalomania. 

On ‎19‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 5:42 AM, parandroid said:

But crazy Carrie plot lines just give me the heebie jeebies. I would prefer a sane Carrie saving the world. Please don't make her crazy and then have her save the world. I cringed in season 5 when she deliberately went off of her pills. Urgh.

I would prefer Carrie who for once would put her daughter first. That Frannie was taken to custody in S6, doesn't seem to teach Carrie anything.     

On ‎19‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 6:12 PM, grommit2 said:

Agreed...but apparently the writers needed to amp up the storyline, so they did what Hollywood does...take the woman's clothes off. 
Now, what was really good was Carrie beating the crap out of the hacker.  I've managed web sites that were hacked by idiots and I desperately wanted to hunt them down.  Alas, no such luck.  But, Carrie really got the bad guy.  Now, if they would bring back Quinn for some "wet work", then the show would take off again. 

I hated it. Only a bad person continues to beat an opponent who is already down.

I guess Carrie's overreaction can be due to that she hasn't really mourned for Quinn.  

• Love 1
On 2/19/2018 at 3:39 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was rolling my eyes (as usual) at O'Keefe. Although he is technically correct about McClendon's official cause of death not being true, ANYONE can die of a heart attack. My friend's boyfriend was under 40, in great physical shape (ate healthy, ran marathons), and died suddenly of a heart attack. We were all shocked because there was NOTHING to indicate this would happen. Not everyone who has a heart attack is an old obese smoker with a history of heart problems and stuffing their faces with cheeseburgers.

I am one of the people who hates the music for the opening credits so I usually watch it once at the beginning of the season and then skip it for the rest of the season. I love all the pictures of young Claire though!

I'm glad that Maggie made Carrie go to therapy. I just wish she would have talked more about Quinn because I think that she needs to process her grief.

I was half expecting the 4chan guy to be some pimply faced teenager in his mom's basement, but when he sent her to that creepy neighborhood I was afraid it was a crazy serial killer who was going to lock her in his sex dungeon, which made me hope that she had Max implant a tracking chip in her arm so that he could find her. I don't know if it was her lack of money or her meds not working that made her think that going to meet this guy was a good idea. She hasn't always made the best choices, so I was really afraid she was going to end up having to make a sex tape with this asshole. I've never been so happy to see someone get head butted.

Heh, I laughed when Carrie yelled, "I'm CIA, motherfucker!"

She pulled it out of her boot. You can see it at the 52:55 mark.

One of the things about Carrie through the entire series is that it seems she keeps adding a chapter to the book of Stupid Things People Do In A Horror Movie. I kept on thinking serial killer as well. But "I'm CIA..." might come back to haunt her. I can't believe a super hacker planting ransom viruses wouldn't have a back up and/or other equipment including cameras. He still could leak the surveillance. This was a missed opportunity to bring back the hacker guy from Germany rather than go the Criminal Minds route.

And yes the heart attack as soon as the General arrives in prison. Pfffttt. That's perfect Okeefe fodder.

So far I get the impression S7 was poached last minute from current events,, social media & other shows intentional or not .