Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Head of Household #2; Nominations #2

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, candall said:

Sheesh.  C'mon, guys.  I know Omarosa is the jewel is your celebrity crown, but she's clearly intelligent AND devious enough to compete on a level playing field.

Wait. Did you mean "celebrity crown" or "celebrity CLOWN"?

53 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Unusually (for celebrities, anyway), they’re playing for personal straight cash prizes.

And at least we sort of know the prize as viewers. In the UK there is no public declared "prize" but they all get secret individually negotiated fees for appearing.

Here they probably do all get individual fees just for appearing, and no doubt those fees differ, and the 250K is like a bonus.  So I guess  it's not that different... unless some of them already negotiated appearance fees that are bigger than the so-called prize and we just don't know about it.  Then again... how much would anyone be willing to pay Mark McGrath these days, for example?  Probably not all that much.

I'm fairly sure that James Maslow is playing for the 1st National Bank of James Maslow, for example, as Big Time Rush wasn't exactly that big time, back in the day.  (Oh, you're in a boy band?  A fake boy band?  From a kids' show?  How exciting.)

Omarosa, OTOH, is probably more interested in getting PR for her upcoming book, so different players have different goals.  And I'm sure that Shannon (and perhaps Metta) would give some of the money to their charities.  But the celebs are at liberty to do what they like, I'd guess.

• Love 1
On 2/12/2018 at 7:09 AM, backformore said:

I am endlessly amused by omarosa's choices of clothing to bring to the BB house.  Basically, ball gowns, like she was expecting red carpet events and award shows.  There was one scene of the whole group walking, and her dress had a little train trailing behind her.

When omarosa didn't want to hear Ross's explanation of why he put her and Keisha on the block, her body language was clear that she considered it a racist move. Which is ridiculous, since she's the one who wanted a Black Girl Magic alliance.

I don't know that she actually thought it was a racist move, but I do think she was being manipulative by implying that it was.

• Love 1

I'm enjoying CBB much more than I thought I would, but this latest episode was a dud.

There had been so much momentum, things were getting really good, and then it all came to a very boring stop.  I’m a mom, and I get the breast-feeding thing.  But really, did Keisha not think things through before signing on to do this, or was it a wimp move a la Omarosa?  After all, this is a job.  If she had taken an acting role that required her to be away on location for three weeks, would she have asked to go home?  I doubt it.

I'm sure that Omarosa faked an asthma attack because of her pride.  She thought she saved face, but in actuality it was pretty transparent and just served to make her look ridiculous.   And I think Keisha suddenly decided that she had to leave because she was upset at how things were going and didn't see it getting better.  I don't doubt that she was really upset and that her tears were real.  But if she and Omarosa still felt they were ruling the house and had the upper hand, I'm sure she would not have asked to be voted out.  IMO that was pretty transparent too.

• Love 2