Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E07: S20.E06: The Heroin Triangle: Chapter 7

pasdetrois
  • Start Topic

I was happy to see that Tiffany is cautious about her recovery. Billy is still way to dependent on her to feel comfortable that he will be ok. Did we see a  Tracey update?  Nice to see Allan in recovery and Toni back on it too.

Unsurprisingly, Kiersten and David’s respective parents each blame the other family. However, Each was using drugs before they met the other, so there is plenty of blame to go around. It’s good that Keirstwn’a parents are holding their bottom lines. 

I disagree with Taylors sister though. You can’t give Taylor’s mom a pass on her past behavior just because only 1 of the two daughters is addicted. Taylor’s sister has  been affected by her Moms past behavior too- she just has other issues instead of being addicted. As a child of an alcoholic dysfunctional family, I have seen that personally.  

• Love 3
On 2/14/2018 at 9:18 AM, mythoughtis said:

I disagree with Taylors sister though. You can’t give Taylor’s mom a pass on her past behavior just because only 1 of the two daughters is addicted. Taylor’s sister has  been affected by her Moms past behavior too- she just has other issues instead of being addicted. As a child of an alcoholic dysfunctional family, I have seen that personally.  

Totally. I'm willing to bet the sister has a lot of watchful, anxious coping mechanisms. That whole family needs therapy, stat!

• Love 2

Kierstan bringing on the tears when the huffiness didn't work for her parents. I was glad to see her parents hold their bottom line. Do they blame the boyfriend for her heroin use?

Taking personal responsibility for my own life and consequences was terrifying, but liberating.

It is horrendously difficult to tell your child, "you have to leave, you cannot live here while using heroin."

(Personal experience. Lots of personal experience with addiction from all angles. :)

I wonder why Atlanta chose to be the city for this show?  Personally, I think it's awesome they are shining a light on this scourge of the US,

but, it is also pointing to "bad stuff" that would keep away tourists?  

I have been a fan of the show since it started and have watched every episode at least once. I learn so much and it keeps me humble. I remember some moments that were so intense it was painful to watch. Like the lady who is now an interventionist (southern accent, DOC was alcohol, vodka I think) was shown drunk and sort of slow motion falling backwards in her driveway. Wow! I remembered exactly how it felt! (my DOC was alcohol too) I was so grateful again that I am sober now. :)

Also, I watch for the happy endings. I know that they are not all happy endings, but, that's life, right?

When the addicts that are clean are nearly glowing with health, it just makes me smile.

• Love 5

Sylvia is the addict turned interventionist that you are thinking off. 

Kiersten's parents said they blame David because he was her dealer. However they also said that she was using before she met David. 

I love the pride and smiles on the addicts who make it till their rehab interview date. 

• Love 2

Of course! Sylvia.  Thank you.

I didn't know that David was her dealer, but that still would not make it his fault (IMO)  My oldest son and his girlfriend are like these two. I guess that's why I'm feeling some type of way about it. :) Shuffling between me and her mother, finally had a daughter together, who I do not know. Her mother blames my son for her daughter's drug addiction.  The thing is, once they start injecting as a couple, that is their mission in life.

I could help support the baby and be a good nana (really an excellent nana) but, the girl and her mother blame me for my son's actions.

I continually hope for the day that I will get to spend time with my granddaughter, and I leave the door open, always.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, e.gregious said:

didn't know that David was her dealer, but that still would not make it his fault (IMO)  My oldest son and his girlfriend are like these two. I guess that's why I'm feeling some type of way about it. :)

I agree with you.  First she was already using. Second- it appears to have been her choice and she appears no younger than him.  

However, I totally understand the tendency to say ‘ it’s not MY child’s choices that caused this’. It’s just not reality in lots of cases though. 

I’m sorry you don’t get to see your granddaughter. There is always hope though. Life has a funny way of changing things while people are making plans. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, e.gregious said:

Of course! Sylvia.  Thank you.

I didn't know that David was her dealer, but that still would not make it his fault (IMO)  My oldest son and his girlfriend are like these two. I guess that's why I'm feeling some type of way about it. :) Shuffling between me and her mother, finally had a daughter together, who I do not know. Her mother blames my son for her daughter's drug addiction.  The thing is, once they start injecting as a couple, that is their mission in life.

I could help support the baby and be a good nana (really an excellent nana) but, the girl and her mother blame me for my son's actions.

I continually hope for the day that I will get to spend time with my granddaughter, and I leave the door open, always.

That is one "theme" that I've noticed in my years watching Intervention.  Once two heroin addicts start shooting up together, they believe that is the most wonderful thing in the world and must be true love.  While we the viewers see how bad the relationship really is for them.  So sad.  I'm sorry for your situation and hope you get the chance to be in your grandchild's life some day.  Maybe when the child is older he/she will reach out to you and you can be a good influence and support system. 

• Love 1

@mythoughtis and @JenMcSnark, Please accept my gratitude to both of you for sharing your kindness and hope.

When A&E first started this show, they had a forum. We were a merry little group of snarkers with hearts of gold. ;)

At one time the Paranormal State forum (same network) heard we were discussing some of the outlandish claims and pure bullshit that the show was pushing.

Paranormal State took themselves VERY seriously, and tried to "take over" our forum, with the host of the show leading the charge.  LOL

Your thoughtful replies reminded me of that first group of Intervention forumites.

I live in southeastern GA, a small little town outside of Fort Stewart. Even in this tiny little mobile home park, in the middle of nowhere, there is drug activity.

It's strange to watch the addicts and/or dealers drive up and down this little closed street, thinking they are slick.

You know, I have no idea what they are thinking. My son used to deny being high while he was nodding off!

I was a drunk who thought I was fooling everyone too. :)

• Love 5
On 2/19/2018 at 11:03 AM, e.gregious said:

@mythoughtis and @JenMcSnark, Please accept my gratitude to both of you for sharing your kindness and hope.

When A&E first started this show, they had a forum. We were a merry little group of snarkers with hearts of gold. 😉

At one time the Paranormal State forum (same network) heard we were discussing some of the outlandish claims and pure bullshit that the show was pushing.

Paranormal State took themselves VERY seriously, and tried to "take over" our forum, with the host of the show leading the charge.  LOL

Your thoughtful replies reminded me of that first group of Intervention forumites.

I live in southeastern GA, a small little town outside of Fort Stewart. Even in this tiny little mobile home park, in the middle of nowhere, there is drug activity.

It's strange to watch the addicts and/or dealers drive up and down this little closed street, thinking they are slick.

You know, I have no idea what they are thinking. My son used to deny being high while he was nodding off!

I was a drunk who thought I was fooling everyone too. 🙂

I just binged the entire series, and came here to check out comments. There aren't many, but your comments touched my heart. You're obviously very empathetic and a fighter, to have survived your addiction. I hope you get to meet and know your grandchild one day. You'd be a wonderful Nana! Sorry I'm responding so late, but wanted you to know that you'll be in my thoughts.

• Love 1