Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Blast From the Past

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MargDelahunty said:

I don't think Drew is practising any more (apprarently you can't if you're a plyg in Utah)...he writes shit fiction.

And possibly juggles at Renaissance fairs.

The poster that likened Drewfus to L. Ron Hubbard is so right!  Looks AND writing shit books.  Were you serious about the juggling?  LOL

Did someone also post that the Whiny Brineys moved to Oregon?  Way too close to my state.  Leave the PNW area alone, plyggies!

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

What I've learned from Bravo's Summer House: if you have a problem, and point out a bigger problem, yours suddenly goes away.

I believe that's exactly what Drew's strategy was in dealing with April. I think she used to probably drive him crazy. She probably was super focused on him and did to him what she's now doing to the other 2, so his solution was to bring in more wives to get her off his ass. April's negative qualities were always there, but Drew managed to give her 2 new targets other than himself. That's why he's not too keen to get involved to break up the fights. The women fighting with each other means that no one is fighting with him. 

Yep, I think you have it.  Where I used to work (toxic work environment if there ever was one) the POS in charge used to love it when the workers fought among themselves, to take the focus off of himself and his fucked-up management style.  Not the same situation, but close enough.

One of the happiest days of my life was retiring from that place.  Now they have to pay me to stay away (I made it to retirement, thankfully.)

Drewfus sits back and enjoys all the wives fighting.  That way, they're not fighting with his weaselly ass.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I am waiting for ANYONE to tell me why they think it's a good idea to add Melina to the family?!?  Because I don't get it.

You might be waiting awhile! I sure can't give you a reason why it would be a good idea. Good grief, she couldn't even send someone a text that she wasn't coming? But now she's done being overwhelmed and flies out there to meet them? Something is up with her, and it's not good. 

They should be running away from Melina as fast as they can.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

You might be waiting awhile! I sure can't give you a reason why it would be a good idea. Good grief, she couldn't even send someone a text that she wasn't coming? But now she's done being overwhelmed and flies out there to meet them? Something is up with her, and it's not good. 

They should be running away from Melina as fast as they can.

Melina’s whole demeanor is just... odd. She doesn’t emote at all. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yep, I think you have it.  Where I used to work (toxic work environment if there ever was one) the POS in charge used to love it when the workers fought among themselves, to take the focus off of himself and his fucked-up management style.  Not the same situation, but close enough.

One of the happiest days of my life was retiring from that place.  Now they have to pay me to stay away (I made it to retirement, thankfully.)

Drewfus sits back and enjoys all the wives fighting.  That way, they're not fighting with his weaselly ass.  

I work in a place just like that now! The boss giggles in the hall while the employees are fighting in the conference room. It's a common 'management style'. Sick. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I work in a place just like that now! The boss giggles in the hall while the employees are fighting in the conference room. It's a common 'management style'. Sick. 

Sick is right! 

The boss in my former workplace was a supposed Christian, and I'm certain he thought that going to church once a week made his abusiveness all forgiven.  I'm sure there are many workers that are just like me, that suffer in silence for years & years.  I'm reaping the rewards now, and I wish for you, the same :)

So we get the final episode this Sunday?  I wonder what surprises are in store?  TLC is really putting polygamy out there, what with the new show starting on 3/11.

Drewfus is vile.  I wonder how successful his law career was, before and after his "revelation" to take other "wives."

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

So I guess he isn’t with the other wife any more, even though they still “claim” them. 

6C3792B3-61A4-47F3-941A-BDA3E59068FD.jpeg

Thank you for posting that. I've seen pictures of the other family and wondered if she left / or was just out of sight

• Love 4
(edited)

Sick is right! 

The boss in my former workplace was a supposed Christian, and I'm certain he thought that going to church once a week made his abusiveness all forgiven.  I'm sure there are many workers that are just like me, that suffer in silence for years & years.  I'm reaping the rewards now, and I wish for you, the same :)

So we get the final episode this Sunday?  I wonder what surprises are in store?  TLC is really putting polygamy out there, what with the new show starting on 3/11.

Drewfus is vile.  I wonder how successful his law career was, before and after his "revelation" to take other "wives."

I'm disappointed that it's the finale. I really enjoyed this show. The dysfunction of polygamy was front and center. Much more honest than Sister Wives. Drew is certainly horrible. As I think they all are in their special little ways. 

Sick is right! 

Thank u x! But I've been there for 19 years and I plan on staying for 19 more ;) I'm used to the crazyness lol. It's never boring that's for sure. I always say cameras should follow our company around. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 3

The fact that there was a previous wife for the Alldredge family actually explains a lot.  The fact that Sharis and Vanessa are wives #2 and #3 explains so much why they get along so well!!  It always seems like it's wife #1 and #2 that have the most issues, so the fact that wife #1 is out of the picture could explain why this family is working so well!  None of these wives went from essentially monogamy to polygamy.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Meghzie said:

So I guess he isn’t with the other wife any more, even though they still “claim” them. 

6C3792B3-61A4-47F3-941A-BDA3E59068FD.jpeg

Why didn’t they (or the producers could have inserted a note) say this from the get-go?  No names, images or descriptions needed, just the fact that he was married before and has children from that marriage and that out of respect for their privacy, they will not be mentioned further.

It only damages the show’s credibility even more when important information is omitted.

• Love 9
On 2/26/2018 at 4:15 PM, steff13 said:

Ok, weird aside - does anyone else find it odd that Auralee speaks as though she has a hearing problem, and "aural" means having to do with hearing?  It's been bugging me since episode 1.

I pointed that out in the episode 1 thread. 

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:02 AM, princelina said:

Although I'm sure I won't be able to look away from this train wreck, I'm starting to get annoyed in that so much of it seems fake.

Ashley/Dimitri:  Her sister's on board with this shit?  I guess that's not totally unbelievable, considering that modern-day etiquette seems to mean acting like you approve of everyone's everything, no matter how ridiculous.  But when she suggests "looking at people you know" Ashley immediately has someone in mind!  I did a little mental exercise of trying to find a friend who I could ask such a thing of - came up completely blank.  And then it turns out this "friend" is someone she "met online" but doesn't even know.  What now?  Am I such a Luddite that everyone has internet friends they don't know except me?  Once again, I don't think I know of anyone who has people they consider "friends" that they only know online.  I mean, there are people who post here who are funny and I think I would enjoy having a beer with, but I don't consider them "friends" and would not feel comfortable asking anyone to come live with Mr. P and me as a "sister wife".  (So you can all relax :). Also:  LOL at stupid Dimitri's jaw dropping when he heard that this "friend" had 5 kids!  He recovered in his TH to blah blah about the "big family" he supposedly wants - but I saw you, Dimitri.

April/Auralee/OtherAnamelady:  So they found a house to move @15 people into - and it's a rental?  Really?  And of course don't get me started on everyone's fear of arrest as they live out their illegal lifestyles ON TV!  And now he's going to start looking around for other places to live and wants their suggestions.  Yet he never once mentioned a job. Wouldn't a job dictate where they would live?  Doesn't he need a job to support @15 people if he is the sole breadwinner?  Isn't he supposed to be a lawyer with a practice?  Is it that easy just to move your practice to wherever the wives show a preference?  And if this were real life, wouldn't it just be simpler to move everyone back to their separate homes?  If they lived in separate homes before, who cares if April and Auralee got along?  And I have to assume Third Wife was happy in her apartment with her baby and only having to put up with Idiot Husband a couple days a week.  This family interests me the most on this show, even though I call BS on a lot of it.

I am Team April for reasons stated by others already, but I also have to point out what I liked from episode 1:  she "generously" gave the master bedroom to Auralee - hell yeah!  If they each get him for 2 nights a week, the sucker is the one who has to share her living space with his possessions.  I'd much prefer my own closet, dresser and bathroom!

Third family:  I'd love for Melina to just be a big old lesbian who's after Sharis!  That would be some good TV :)

Yes to all, and I think Melina and Sharis do have the best chance at sharing the Master Bedroom. and Yikes is my response. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Angela and Auralee trying to convince April to stick with the “family” was too funny.  Like those two biotches aren’t celebrating the possibility of a life without April.  As for Dufus Drew...he is a total douchebag.   The pressure he’s putting on her is ridiculous.  He is borderline verbally abusive in his summation of why she doesn’t want to go and completely dismissive of her concerns.   You should have run, girl, and taken your share of the cash when you divorced his ass.  He’s a pussy who will do anything to avoid going to jail for polygamy.  Watching him let the wives duke it out made me want to punch him.

A previous poster was right...Melina wanted Sharis but not the husband...hahahaha! Awesome!

Even more amusing...Ashley’s choice of a sister wife.  I thought Dimitri was going to start crying when he realized she was a heavier size and not blathering over him.  Watching him later try to wiggle out of dating Ashley’s friend was THE BEST! 

Edited by supahfly
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, supahfly said:

Even more amusing...Ashley’s choice of a sister wife.  I thought Dimitri was going to start crying when he realized she was a heavier size and not blathering over him.  Watching him later try to wiggle out of dating Ashley’s friend was THE BEST! 

No kidding!  As soon as she walked through that door, his Cheshire cat grin and the "butterflies" in his stomach were all gone.  Nope, he didn't want to boink her - so the deal's off.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

No kidding!  As soon as she walked through that door, his Cheshire cat grin and the "butterflies" in his stomach were all gone.  Nope, he didn't want to boink her - so the deal's off.

Exaaaaactly!  She’s not skinny or younger and  she has a mind of her own which he labeled as “shyness”.  She wasn’t shy...she just wasn’t into his bullshit and was probably wondering wtf Ashley was thinking.  

• Love 6

On a superficial, shallow note, WHY do women with an obvious weight problem wear white stretch pants?  Just think how much slimmer they would look with black or dark colored pants that don't show every inch of cellulite.  I've been heavy, and even though I'm not now, I still wouldn't wear those unflattering white sprayed-on pants.  Does this potential SW have any full-length mirrors available?  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, supahfly said:

Angela and Auralee trying to convince April to stick with the “family” was too funny.  Like those two biotches aren’t celebrating the possibility of a life without April.  As for Dufus Drew...he is a total douchebag.   The pressure he’s putting on her is ridiculous.  He is borderline verbally abusive in his summation of why she doesn’t want to go and completely dismissive of her concerns.   You should have run, girl, and taken your share of the cash when you divorced his ass.  He’s a pussy who will do anything to avoid going to jail for polygamy.  Watching him let the wives duke it out made me want to punch him.

A previous poster was right...Melina wanted Sharis but not the husband...hahahaha! Awesome!

Bolded is my thought as well.  I was telling that to myself after she called Sharis to explain/apologize for not showing up.

On 2/26/2018 at 7:47 AM, Booger666 said:

I don’t think Drew has a practice and is more of an independent free lance lawyer.

Hide contents

I’m not sure he is doing much lawyering at all anymore.  I checked out the family webpage and it mentions how he wants to be a writer so who knows what they are really doing for money.  

On his facebook or something it showed he had a practice where he had a partner.  It was *insertothename* & Briney.

On 2/26/2018 at 2:02 AM, princelina said:

Although I'm sure I won't be able to look away from this train wreck, I'm starting to get annoyed in that so much of it seems fake.

Ashley/Dimitri:  Her sister's on board with this shit?  I guess that's not totally unbelievable, considering that modern-day etiquette seems to mean acting like you approve of everyone's everything, no matter how ridiculous.  But when she suggests "looking at people you know" Ashley immediately has someone in mind!  I did a little mental exercise of trying to find a friend who I could ask such a thing of - came up completely blank.  And then it turns out this "friend" is someone she "met online" but doesn't even know.  What now?  Am I such a Luddite that everyone has internet friends they don't know except me?  Once again, I don't think I know of anyone who has people they consider "friends" that they only know online.  I mean, there are people who post here who are funny and I think I would enjoy having a beer with, but I don't consider them "friends" and would not feel comfortable asking anyone to come live with Mr. P and me as a "sister wife".  (So you can all relax :). Also:  LOL at stupid Dimitri's jaw dropping when he heard that this "friend" had 5 kids!  He recovered in his TH to blah blah about the "big family" he supposedly wants - but I saw you, Dimitri.

April/Auralee/OtherAnamelady:  So they found a house to move @15 people into - and it's a rental?  Really?  And of course don't get me started on everyone's fear of arrest as they live out their illegal lifestyles ON TV!  And now he's going to start looking around for other places to live and wants their suggestions.  Yet he never once mentioned a job. Wouldn't a job dictate where they would live?  Doesn't he need a job to support @15 people if he is the sole breadwinner?  Isn't he supposed to be a lawyer with a practice?  Is it that easy just to move your practice to wherever the wives show a preference?  And if this were real life, wouldn't it just be simpler to move everyone back to their separate homes?  If they lived in separate homes before, who cares if April and Auralee got along?  And I have to assume Third Wife was happy in her apartment with her baby and only having to put up with Idiot Husband a couple days a week.  This family interests me the most on this show, even though I call BS on a lot of it.

I am Team April for reasons stated by others already, but I also have to point out what I liked from episode 1:  she "generously" gave the master bedroom to Auralee - hell yeah!  If they each get him for 2 nights a week, the sucker is the one who has to share her living space with his possessions.  I'd much prefer my own closet, dresser and bathroom!

Third family:  I'd love for Melina to just be a big old lesbian who's after Sharis!  That would be some good TV :)

Yeah, I'd rather be in the basement with my kids than sharing a room with him.  Blech.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow, ok, I’d totally buy several of April’s floral still life paintings. Color me impressed.

However, I am morally opposed to counter sitters, so I have no sympathy for her.

Edited by dreadfulLeigh
A word
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

On a superficial, shallow note, WHY do women with an obvious weight problem wear white stretch pants?  Just think how much slimmer they would look with black or dark colored pants that don't show every inch of cellulite.  I've been heavy, and even though I'm not now, I still wouldn't wear those unflattering white sprayed-on pants.  Does this potential SW have any full-length mirrors available?  

I agree. My weight has gone up and down my whole life, but regardless of weight, I would never wear white pants. The lightest color I've ever worn is khaki/tan, and only when I was at my skinniest. I cringe when I see women who are bottom-heavy wearing light pants and dark tops when the opposite would be so much more flattering.

• Love 1