Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Too Much Wrong, and Not Enough Right..

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

I have no love for her, she knew what she was getting into. Especially after someone posted this is her 4th “marriage” and second polygamous one. 

Oh, I have no love for her either!  Lol  No love for any of them.  That constant look, as if she smells something bad, on her face makes me think she's not going to stick around.  She doesn't have that same shrinking violet demeanor like the others (aside from Ashley, but that's a who other ball game).  I think it's because she hasn't been brainwashed from childhood.  If she had been, she'd probably still be married to husband #1 (or even #2), but NOT #4.  As much as I dislike all of them, I dislike the idea of Drew as king more, and would love to see the women all tell him to FO.  But yeah, she put herself there.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, citychic said:

Drew is a pussy.  Hobbling around on those crutches while being doted on, talking in that sing song voice and avoiding any responsibility when your wives come to you asking for help with garbled word salad and condescension. Arrogance, manipulation of his own children and hiding behind being a lawyer.  All the men stick together, justify and encourage this behavior, no different than the good ol' boys club but he doesn't have any balls of his own that makes him a real man who stands up for his family.

I totally agree.  And the kids seem awkward when they are around him.  When he was pretending to chase one of them on his crutches it was so forced and unnatural, and his daughter turned around and gave him the oddest look - I suddenly thought, "He's only doing this for the camera!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1196628670472219/permalink/1209743539160732/?notif_id=1519225659623608&notif_t=group_description_change&ref=notif

This might not be allowed, and if not - that's ok, the moderator can just remove it.  That's a fb discussion of seeking sister wives.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Dmitri is committing to finding a Sister Wife.  Even if he has to go through every 22 year old in Atlanta.

So first the Briney's prematurely tell their kids they were pregnant.  Now they prematurely told them Mom might be dying.  What the fuck with these people?

Oh yeah, and the freaking Drewfuses (thx @woot) scare the bejesus out of their zillion kids by telling them to lie.  

What shitty lives they lead, all of them.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, citychic said:

Drew is a pussy.  Hobbling around on those crutches while being doted on, talking in that sing song voice and avoiding any responsibility when your wives come to you asking for help with garbled word salad and condescension. Arrogance, manipulation of his own children and hiding behind being a lawyer.  All the men stick together, justify and encourage this behavior, no different than the good ol' boys club but he doesn't have any balls of his own that makes him a real man who stands up for his family.

When we were watching this my wife also said "why doesn't he just act like a patriarch and settle these arguments between the wives".

It occurred to me that, while I'm sure Drew is indeed ball-less, the issue here is that he Just. Doesn't. Care.  He has so little respect for these women, and places so little value on them as individuals, that the only time and way that their problems/difficulties/challenges/concerns impact him in any way is when they whine (in his mind) to him about them.

He doesn't want the wives to get along for the sake of actually having a "family" that loves each other.  He wants them to get along so he can stop having to listen to them bitch and moan about each other.

In that sense, I think April has him figured out to a T.  She knows that she can start disputes with low-key "indirecting" and passive-aggressive swipes (with a concerned furrow of her brow) and that it's Auralee or the other one who'll look like the trouble-makers when they blow up in response.

• Love 9
On 2/18/2018 at 11:17 PM, shouldbedancing said:

If you're so interested in being honest, how about you bring it up yourself? But no, they had no intentions of keeping her anyway.

The way they set up that whole dynamic at lunch was screwed up.

Since Ashley wanted to see if Jocelyn would bring up the sex, presumably she told Dmitri not to bring it up first.  But Jocelyn, understandably, would've felt reluctant to bring it up without knowing how much Dmitri had told Ashley.  I mean, "oh, we had some awesome sushi.  then I tried a saki shot!  and, umm, what else?  oh yeah, Dmitri threw me a great D".

I do think that Jocelyn should've asked Dmitri at the time whether Ashley was okay with them "being intimate".  But I don't doubt that, if she did ask, he told her Ashley was fine with it.

Ultimately that whole "relationship" is so bizarre I'm having a hard time believing it's real and not just entirely crafted just to get them on the show.  But I keep coming back to why anyone would want to depict themselves in this way on TV.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Since Ashley wanted to see if Jocelyn would bring up the sex, presumably she told Dmitri not to bring it up first.  But Jocelyn, understandably, would've felt reluctant to bring it up without knowing how much Dmitri had told Ashley.  I mean, "oh, we had some awesome sushi.  then I tried a saki shot!  and, umm, what else?  oh yeah, Dmitri threw me a great D".

I do think that Jocelyn should've asked Dmitri at the time whether Ashley was okay with them "being intimate".  But I don't doubt that, if she did ask, he told her Ashley was fine with it.

I was thinking that perhaps even if Jocelyn HAD admitted she and Dimitri had nookie, she would have been out the door.  Ashley would have said "Jocelyn was smug, she KNEW it was wrong and then flung it in my face like it's ok to have sex with Dimitri without asking me!"  And then it's on to Dimitri's next conquest.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I totally agree.  And the kids seem awkward when they are around him.  When he was pretending to chase one of them on his crutches it was so forced and unnatural, and his daughter turned around and gave him the oddest look - I suddenly thought, "He's only doing this for the camera!"

As far as many of the fathers are concerned, the kids are only a measure of God's 'favor'.  There is little interest in providing these kids a dad.  The women raise the kids and the husband is his royal highness who rules the kingdom from afar.  Sad. 

• Love 7

Dimitri: "Jocelyn was a challenge for us to find our forever soulmate." (I'm paraphrasing.)

Really Dimitri! The last time I checked, you contributed to the "challenge." Unless while you walked her to her room, and then while saying good night, slipped and feel on top of her, and kept slipping and falling until...okay, I will not go there. But I would not say it was a challenge since you knew what you were doing.

Ashley should feel that after this situation that polygamy may not work her the family...rather will not work for her. As I mentioned in a previous thread, if I were her, I would leave. Even though she's not happy with Jocelyn and decided that is not the "one" she should be angry with Dimirtri, and decide that he is also not the "one." It seems like he's in it to get some new "magical ass." It's funny, when this show just started, I actually thought that Dimitri and Ashley had a good relationship. Then I thought that bringing another wife in would change that dynamic. The dynamics seems to have changed. 

I will admit, I did chuckle when I say Ashley's bitch face while asking Jocelyn about her and Dimitri's date...or rather one night stand.

• Love 4
On 2/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, Kyanight said:

Someone posted a LONG audio interview with Angela on how she joined the family.  She had started a friendship (of sorts - not overly serious) with April and then April suggested she meet her husband.  Angela said several times her biological clock was ticking as she was 40 and she wanted a baby... so she joined the family.

This is pretty much the same situation with Meri and Robyn on SisterWives. She introduced someone she thought would be an awesome addition and then (probably) regretted it later. Ashley's heading down that same path fast as she can. These ladies think they will feel better if they pretend it's their choice/they can have some control in this situation they likely DO NOT WANT deep down. It's really sort of sad.

Edited by taragel
  • Love 7
Just now, taragel said:

This is pretty much the same situation with Meri and Robyn on SisterWives. She introduced someone she thought would be an awesome addition and then (probably) regretted it later. Ashley's heading down that same past fast as she can. These ladies think they will feel better if they pretend it's their choice/they can have some control in this situation they likely DO NOT WANT deep down. It's really sort of sad.

Well Angela got her baby.  I don't think she ever really wanted the man.  After knowing him for three weeks and knowing he has two other wives - who in their right mind WOULD?  Not to mention he's whiny and ineffective as a husband and a father.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well Angela got her baby.  I don't think she ever really wanted the man.  After knowing him for three weeks and knowing he has two other wives - who in their right mind WOULD?  Not to mention he's whiny and ineffective as a husband and a father.

Not even three weeks! 13 days or some such? Crazy.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, grammaester said:

She is one of the best practitioners(I've raised her to this level because she doesn't have a genuine conversation, ever!) of passive aggressive behavior I've ever seen. I suspect she has perfected this behavior because she is naturally beautiful and was one of those "Oh daddy, can't I have the new doll" little girls who was taught young if you put a fake smile on your face, a tad of a whine in your voice you can get anything you want. I can't figure out if Auralee was passive aggressive before she had to live with April or if this is a learned behavior. The difference with Auralee is she caves. A person truly great at this type of behavior never caves in. They just keep it up until it works much as April has been doing. I don't believe Angela will last year. AS soon as baby is off the breast and she can goto work FT, she's gone. 

Millions of breastfeeding moms work full time.  Angela can leave whenever she wants.  I think she'll leave if the show fails.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, LilSebastian said:

I'm thinking of starting an new app called "Plynder".  It's a dating app for polygamists who need to try out sister wives before make a commitment.

Dimitri will plow through all of them in no time flat!

• Love 13
On 2/20/2018 at 11:20 AM, TheGreenWave said:

My God, right??!!  I could not believe they just sat there (especially him) and watched her squirm.  Ashley and Dmitri are sick people and I hope that, if they haven't already secured a f*ck buddy for Dmitri at the end of this season, this show is a warning to all women to RUN away from them as quickly as possible.  Even if Joselyn brought it up, what on Earth would they have discussed in the middle of a freaking restaurant??  And then for them to just sit there, again, especially him after he had sex with her the night before, while she got up to leave when they were all over her at the group date.  Count your blessings, Joselyn.  Ashley would have been as sick and manipulative as April is in the Briney household and your life would have been miserable.

On a side note: considering how questioning Ashley's family was about the whole arrangement, I am dying to know how they think Ashley and Dmitri are coming across on this show.

Exactly to everything you said! I found what happened at that table really troubling, it bothered me almost as much as when I saw the movie Hostel for the first time, LOL, but seriously! Something about the enjoyment Ashley got both from her digs like " we believe in honesty, yadayada" and the fact that Dmitri said nothing. Ashley, in her mind, reigned supreme over miss beautiful, tall, skinny girl. I almost waited for her to say as Jocelyn was walking out" see you weren't that good, he stuck with me", but of course Ashley has such arrogance in her intellectualism and maturity she wouldn't do something that honest or up front, she'll just nail that poor girl with her snide, backhanded comments.  You also are absolutely right drawing the parallel between Ashley and April as I see that same malice and sadism in April as she backhands Auralee and Angela. I just saw an interview on Newsweek.com with the Snowdens and basically Ashley was trashing the general public for judging her relationship as only her and Dmitri matter. If that's the case AShley, take your sadistic, quasi-intellectual self and Mr. Can't keep it in his pants partner off of reality TV. As smart as you are I'm surprised you didn't realize if you opt to go on reality TV, you leave everything about yourself open to judgment and comment. 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, Alapaki said:

The way they set up that whole dynamic at lunch was screwed up.

Ultimately that whole "relationship" is so bizarre I'm having a hard time believing it's real and not just entirely crafted just to get them on the show.  But I keep coming back to why anyone would want to depict themselves in this way on TV.

I just read on another site a long post from the first sister wife. She said, both Ashley and Dmitri wanted to be famous on TV. She basically intimated she had a decent relationship with Dmitri but AShley wanted to have sex with her too and she is strictly monogamous. I'm not sure I believe that as you would think that would have been disclosed up front as there are plenty of bisexual people in polyamory relationships. I do believe they both wanted to be famous. They are so arrogant and cocky about their "intellectual" lifestyle choice they would want the whole world to admire them. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, grammaester said:

I just saw an interview on Newsweek.com with the Snowdens and basically Ashley was trashing the general public for judging her relationship as only her and Dmitri matter. If that's the case AShley, take your sadistic, quasi-intellectual self and Mr. Can't keep it in his pants partner off of reality TV. As smart as you are I'm surprised you didn't realize if you opt to go on reality TV, you leave everything about yourself open to judgment and comment. 

1000 times yes to this - these people are certifiable if they think the general public are not going to judge them...when they are on TV!!!  Wow!  Talk about deluded.  Their poor children.  I'm sure it is already really difficult for children to reconcile that their father is sleeping and impregnating multiple women and being told that they could go to jail over it because it is illegal when this is their everyday reality.  THEN put that on TV??!!?  These adults do not care at all about the impact all of this will have on their kids.

• Love 8
On 2/21/2018 at 6:37 AM, MoodyGirl said:

I have no love for her, she knew what she was getting into. Especially after someone posted this is her 4th “marriage” and second polygamous one

Wow...I had read about the 4 marriages, but I missed the bit about this being the SECOND polygamous one! Thanks for posting that info...I had some sympathy for her at first but it's starting to fade with every new piece of info I hear about her.

From what I've read Angela also goes through religions the way most of us go through Kleenex...seemed to me that she was mostly changing to whatever religion the new husband she wanted was in. That doesn't scream "strong independent woman" to me. So not only is my sympathy for her fading, my hopes that she'll take her son and get out of this toxic family are fading, too.

• Love 10
On 21/02/2018 at 7:19 AM, Kyanight said:

Drew is a pussy

They all are-the men need some balls!

So soft and yucky. I would hate to be pawed by them. 

On 21/02/2018 at 5:18 PM, grammaester said:

I mean, "oh, we had some awesome sushi.  then I tried a saki shot!  and, umm, what else?  oh yeah, Dmitri threw me a great D".

Yeah and we screwed all night long and talked about what a nasty bitch you are. I really like Dimitri and his Long Dong Silver but am NOT going to get it on with you Sister! Especially if you have natural childbirth!!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, steff13 said:

I don't think Jeff is bad looking for an older man.  And I think Dimitri is attractive.  But he's gross. 

Jeff is my favorite of the men I guess.  If Dimitri thought he could get away with it, he would walk around with his dick hanging out and poke it into every attractive woman that walked by him on the street.

• Love 7
On 2/21/2018 at 3:13 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Millions of breastfeeding moms work full time.  Angela can leave whenever she wants.  I think she'll leave if the show fails.

Yes, I was thinking of it from her POV.  If she takes 2 hours to nurse her child(per April), which means she literally is nursing all day, she's doing that because she wants to. She is not someone who is going to pump to go to work. 

On 2/19/2018 at 11:04 PM, MoodyGirl said:

Ha ha...I’ll bravely stand with you. I am in complete agreement that I see them as all bad. I don’t see April’s passive aggression any more different than Auralee’s as she whines and pouts to Drew about big bad April. And that Angela has resting bitch face all the time and appears selfish—-all about her and her kid. Not sure I’ve seen more than one expression on her face. I don’t get the eagerness for people to see her leave and wish her well. She made this decision as a much older, wiser? woman. She’s just as whiny with Drew. Her and Auralee clearly like to gang up on April too. I think they all deserve each other. 

April is the aggressive in passive agressive, Auralee is the passive. They are both great at their part which is why it's gone on so long. They're in it now, doubt they'll be able to stop the behaviors.  I still think April is better at the behavior or worse depending on how you look at it. Auralee really does want it to stop, April doesn't give a shit. She is 1000% committed to being top dog in that house and it doesn't matter what the others, including Drew say or do, April is doing April and eff to everyone else. She has no compassion at all for anyone. Anyone who complains that the mother of a new infant is spending too much time nursing is a piece of work beyond compare. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, grammaester said:

April is the aggressive in passive agressive, Auralee is the passive. They are both great at their part which is why it's gone on so long. They're in it now, doubt they'll be able to stop the behaviors.  I still think April is better at the behavior or worse depending on how you look at it. Auralee really does want it to stop, April doesn't give a shit. She is 1000% committed to being top dog in that house and it doesn't matter what the others, including Drew say or do, April is doing April and eff to everyone else. She has no compassion at all for anyone. Anyone who complains that the mother of a new infant is spending too much time nursing is a piece of work beyond compare. 

I thought he was 9 months or older?

1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I thought he was 9 months or older?

He is 9 months old now, as of Feb. 26. So whenever this was filmed.... Last summer maybe? He would have only been 2 or 3 months old.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, B3cky50 said:

He is 9 months old now, as of Feb. 26. So whenever this was filmed.... Last summer maybe? He would have only been 2 or 3 months old.

Good point!!  I wasn't thinking about the filming/airing difference!

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, B3cky50 said:

I can’t be sure but I feel like this was filmed in the fall. Maybe September to November or so? I saw on an Instagram where April said she was moving in the next few days and I think it was dated late November or early December. Can’t clearly recall but I got the impression they would be moving in December. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

I can’t be sure but I feel like this was filmed in the fall. Maybe September to November or so? I saw on an Instagram where April said she was moving in the next few days and I think it was dated late November or early December. Can’t clearly recall but I got the impression they would be moving in December. 

I know they moved to Oregon in December.... Does it snow in Utah in the fall/winter? The kids all seem to be running around outside like it's summer in most episodes. 

If we knew what month April/Drew got married we could base it off that because of their anniversary trip. 

1 hour ago, B3cky50 said:

I know they moved to Oregon in December.... Does it snow in Utah in the fall/winter? The kids all seem to be running around outside like it's summer in most episodes. 

If we knew what month April/Drew got married we could base it off that because of their anniversary trip. 

What city in Oregon?  So that huge house depicted in the show is or isn't in Utah?  They're freaking about the landlord knowing they're polygamists?

Now I'm completely confused.  

22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What city in Oregon?  So that huge house depicted in the show is or isn't in Utah?  They're freaking about the landlord knowing they're polygamists?

Now I'm completely confused.  

They were apparently renting that house in Utah, only lived there a couple months at the beginning of filming and now live in Oregon... I think maybe near Tigard, Oregon from what I have seen them post on social media? 

Screenshot_20180301-221248.jpg

• Love 3
13 hours ago, B3cky50 said:

They were apparently renting that house in Utah, only lived there a couple months at the beginning of filming and now live in Oregon... I think maybe near Tigard, Oregon from what I have seen them post on social media? 

Screenshot_20180301-221248.jpg

Drew looks pretty good in this picture! And now I'm feeling sorry for April and just want to give her a hug.

• Love 2

Bunch of whiny women who really are not too vested in sharing one man. All the men are simply acting like male dogs sniffing after all the females they can get. The black couple are incredible phonies and the wife has zero interest in having any female sleep with her husband. She lies to herself constantly.

Hey y'all new here.  I found this page clicking round net for gossip on all these dips^&its.  I wonder if they were really renting the Utah house they moved into during filming.  I read somewhere Drew complaining about they were planning to move to Idaho before they went to Oregon but the seller canceled on them, and he was complaining about not selling their house and being broke and having to go on welfare.  But supposedly he has authored 10 books.  

I like April, but she is super passive-aggressive.  I think that is due to Drew wanting to try a new thing and making her being a polyg marriage.  I know she says she isn't a victim but I don't think she is 100% on board even after all these years.  

I find it hysterical that Drew and gang felt the need to go on TV knowing as a lawyer how things went in Utah in regards to polygamy.  For being such an educated and smart man (according to his bio at least) he sure is stupid.

• Love 1

Alldredges: Vanessa Alldredge reminds me of Robyn Brown. Just give her dark brown hair and drop some weight. She's got the same mouth and strong chin/jawline and way of speaking. So I did a search, because it wouldn't really be a stretch for them to be related, and found that Aspen Brown's new fiancé is Vanessa Alldredge's brother. I don't know if she is related to Robyn, but she’s got a connection to the Browns.

Brineys: I think it’s really interesting that Drew will throw April under the bus in his confessionals. Of the polygamist husbands that we’ve seen on TV, that is a first. Implying that she is selfish and basically calling her out for being dishonest/manipulative regarding what she already knew about moving versus the way she played it for the cameras. He actually said he was disappointed in her character for being so self-absorbed. Wow. It would crush me if my husband thought that about me.

Also, for anyone here who watches Sister Wives, did you notice Drew and Angela at the Darger’s house the night before the plyg march? Angela looked pregnant, which would make sense, since that was filmed a while ago. But the funny thing was how Drew was pathetically trying to insert himself into a conversation between Kody and Joe D., but they kept squeezing him out. It was uncomfortable watching him, and they just ignored him and kept talking to each other. I’m sure he was working the trying-to-get-his-own-show angle at that point.

Snowdens: Upon meeting Jakira, the first thing Dimitri says is, “She’s a heavier woman... But that’s not a problem for me!” Hmmm, okaaaay... So why did you say it like that? Why did you say it at all? And in the end, I'm pretty sure it was a problem. I'm not buying that she was too shy/introverted for him.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

Also, for anyone here who watches Sister Wives, did you notice Drew and Angela at the Darger’s house the night before the plyg march? Angela looked pregnant, which would make sense, since that was filmed a while ago. But the funny thing was how Drew was pathetically trying to insert himself into a conversation between Kody and Joe D., but they kept squeezing him out. It was uncomfortable watching him, and they just ignored him and kept talking to each other. I’m sure he was working the trying-to-get-his-own-show angle at that point.

I noticed that! So awkward. He wasn’t even part of their little circle, just awkwardly standing right outside it with his greasy hair, occasionally looking straight into the camera. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

I noticed that! So awkward. He wasn’t even part of their little circle, just awkwardly standing right outside it with his greasy hair, occasionally looking straight into the camera. 

Yes, exactly!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

Brineys: I think it’s really interesting that Drew will throw April under the bus in his confessionals. Of the polygamist husbands that we’ve seen on TV, that is a first. Implying that she is selfish and basically calling her out for being dishonest/manipulative regarding what she already knew about moving versus the way she played it for the cameras. He actually said he was disappointed in her character for being so self-absorbed. Wow. It would crush me if my husband thought that about me.

Snowdens: Upon meeting Jakira, the first thing Dimitri says is, “She’s a heavier woman... But that’s not a problem for me!” Hmmm, okaaaay... So why did you say it like that? Why did you say it at all? And in the end, I'm pretty sure it was a problem. I'm not buying that she was too shy/introverted for him.

Brineys: When it comes to a proper polygamous wife, she is to always be sweet and loving to the whole family.  Her character is basically to what she can do for the whole, not to selfishly consume the whole for herself.  It sounds fucked up and bizarre...but, because it is.

Snowdens: After watching...I think her size put him off instantly, but I think what sealed the deal was the fact that she sat right across from his obviously dashingly wonderful physical form and she didn't look him in the eye and lick her lips like the little Joslyn girl did. As soon as those two laid eyes on each other you could see they were attracted.  This woman didn't find his "oh...I don't normally dress like this" comment with his paint stained apron at all charming and didn't look at him as if he was a sex god.  (insert your own sarcastic form and eye rolls as necessary)

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Snowdens: After watching...I think her size put him off instantly, but I think what sealed the deal was the fact that she sat right across from his obviously dashingly wonderful physical form and she didn't look him in the eye and lick her lips like the little Joslyn girl did. As soon as those two laid eyes on each other you could see they were attracted.  This woman didn't find his "oh...I don't normally dress like this" comment with his paint stained apron at all charming and didn't look at him as if he was a sex god.  (insert your own sarcastic form and eye rolls as necessary)

I don't think she was impressed when dummy Dimitri said, "I brought you FLOWAS!" either.

• Love 5
On 2/20/2018 at 10:54 AM, the-grey-lady said:

Truer words were never spoken.

I think what bothers me most about Dimitri (so many options) is how he sits around with a perpetual sheepish "who me?" grin on his face, like he thinks he is just so damn adorable that everybody must cater to him, and no one could EVER be mad at him. What was with that "glad we had a challenge" bullshit he was spouting? He was glad all right -- glad to get some easy sex while his pregnant "wife" waited at home. That whole speech about needing to respect Ashley's feelings on Joselyn was one bullshit mountain. You have to respect her NOW, Dimitri? How respectful did you feel towards her when you were sneaking away to have sex with a virtual stranger you'd known all of two weeks?

And that godawful "showdown" with Joselyn, with Dimitri and Ashley magnanimously giving Joselyn the chance to fess up. We have no indication that she had any damn idea about their rules, and even if she did, Dimitri was the one responsible for keeping them, and all he got from Ashley was a "tsk" and a slap on the wrist while he blathered new-agey bullshit about moving forward as people. Hey, Ashley, you're so evolved; how 'bout you use your big girl words and just ASK Joselyn about the "intimacy" like a grown-up? Baiting some trap and then smiling smugly as she falls into it is some passive-aggressive bullshit right there.

I know there were two other couples on this episode, but damn, Dimitri and Ashley are one toxic shitshow. Yeah, Dimitri, you need to keep moving on in your search for more sex...er, another "wife." THAT'S OBVIOUSLY WHAT YOU NEED.

Truer words were never spoken.

I think what bothers me most about Dimitri (so many options) is how he sits around with a perpetual sheepish "who me?" grin on his face, like he thinks he is just so damn adorable that everybody must cater to him, and no one could EVER be mad at him. What was with that "glad we had a challenge" bullshit he was spouting? He was glad all right -- glad to get some easy sex while his pregnant "wife" waited at home. That whole speech about needing to respect Ashley's feelings on Joselyn was one bullshit mountain. You have to respect her NOW, Dimitri? How respectful did you feel towards her when you were sneaking away to have sex with a virtual stranger you'd known all of two weeks?

And that godawful "showdown" with Joselyn, with Dimitri and Ashley magnanimously giving Joselyn the chance to fess up. We have no indication that she had any damn idea about their rules, and even if she did, Dimitri was the one responsible for keeping them, and all he got from Ashley was a "tsk" and a slap on the wrist while he blathered new-agey bullshit about moving forward as people. Hey, Ashley, you're so evolved; how 'bout you use your big girl words and just ASK Joselyn about the "intimacy" like a grown-up? Baiting some trap and then smiling smugly as she falls into it is some passive-aggressive bullshit right there.

I know there were two other couples on this episode, but damn, Dimitri and Ashley are one toxic shitshow. Yeah, Dimitri, you need to keep moving on in your search for more sex...er, another "wife." THAT'S OBVIOUSLY WHAT YOU NEED.

Great comments! While the other families are moderately interesting this couple just takes the cake. Many say they are total actors and not really into plig, just want to be famous. I don't think that's it. I think they want to bring AFrican cultural polygamy to the US culture, and (based on someone elses comments, which I think were on the money) they want to be seen as the consultants for this lifestyle with books, personal appearances etc. They can make their money, Dmitri gets his strange, Ashley gets to pretend she's queen of the Amazons with a battalion of Amazons underneath her helping her with the tribe and childrearing. For those who may think I'm being racist, I truly am not as anyone who has seen my comments before knows. I'm basing this on them saying they studied up on African tribal polygamy. Although if I was being historicaly or at least true to the legend I believe the Amazons captured men for mating purposes only but someone correct me if I'm wrong plz.  Now that's a plig lifestyle I might pay a consultant for. LOL

• Love 2
3 hours ago, grammaester said:

Great comments! While the other families are moderately interesting this couple just takes the cake. Many say they are total actors and not really into plig, just want to be famous. I don't think that's it. I think they want to bring AFrican cultural polygamy to the US culture, and (based on someone elses comments, which I think were on the money) they want to be seen as the consultants for this lifestyle with books, personal appearances etc. They can make their money, Dmitri gets his strange, Ashley gets to pretend she's queen of the Amazons with a battalion of Amazons underneath her helping her with the tribe and childrearing. For those who may think I'm being racist, I truly am not as anyone who has seen my comments before knows. I'm basing this on them saying they studied up on African tribal polygamy. Although if I was being historicaly or at least true to the legend I believe the Amazons captured men for mating purposes only but someone correct me if I'm wrong plz.  Now that's a plig lifestyle I might pay a consultant for. LOL

I agree.  And it's a fact that Dimitri and Ashley had a sister wife for a period of months up to a year (?) long before TLC approached them to do this show - so they didn't make this decision based on a desire for 15 minutes of fame.   I will always believe that it inflates Dimitri's ego to have several women to take to bed any night of the week - while not having to worry about periods/headaches/sickness/pregnancy - if one wife is disposed he can boink another one - and in addition it pumps his ego to have a hundred offspring.  Like - OMG!!  What a stud - he has HOW many kids?!?  

• Love 4
On March 5, 2018 at 7:19 PM, Teri313 said:

I finally got to watch that episode of Sister Wives last night and yes, it was painful to watch Drewfus.  There was one scene where Kody walked towards him, so Drewfus stood up.  Kody talked to Angela without even acknowledging Drewfus' presence, the turned around and left.  I've never seen anyone look so uncomfortable.

• Love 2
On 3/7/2018 at 7:26 AM, yankeefan said:

I finally got to watch that episode of Sister Wives last night and yes, it was painful to watch Drewfus.  There was one scene where Kody walked towards him, so Drewfus stood up.  Kody talked to Angela without even acknowledging Drewfus' presence, the turned around and left.  I've never seen anyone look so uncomfortable.

Does anyone know which episode that was, offhand?