Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Too Much Wrong, and Not Enough Right..

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

"But just days after the show premiered on TLC, Auralee had gotten so many comments about the way she speaks that she decided to write a blog post to explain why she sounds like she has a strange accent. "My Grandma is Danish and says I look and speak just like the people in Denmark and just to accept it as my heritage. 'You have a Danish accent,' she would tell me," she wrote. "But, I have trouble accepting that because although I have Danish blood, I am the only person in my family with a 'Danish accent.' This leads to many jokes like I genetically inherited a Danish accent, LOL. My school told me it was a lisp so I accepted that (seemed more logical). Unfortunately, my school didn’t have a good therapist to help me."

"However, it has been brought to my attention recently from a speech therapist who sounds like they are a lot more knowledgeable then [sic] my 'speech therapist' in elementary school, that it is not a lisp at all!" she continued. "It is just some articulation challenges that with the proper instruction, I can overcome! I would LOVE that. Now I just need to find a GOOD therapist who is able to help me."

Since she was born and raised polygamist, she was most likely homeschooled, and being one of umpteen kids with who knows how many "moms," she didn't get any kind of speech therapy.  Some of these wacko families don't believe in medical treatment of any kind, and since they have multitudes of children, even more obvious and severe birth defects/health problems are ignored.  Very sad.  

The Brineys define dysfunctional.  One house for wives that hate each other's guts, and a worthless (except, I guess, for a law degree) wussy boy "husband?"  There aren't enough words to describe the horror.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The Snowden's just pissed me off. So Jocelyn is supposed to confess to her transgressions while Dimitri sits there like he did nothing wrong? I'm half convinced they are actors pulling something off for the viewers. 

I'm double that!!

• Love 10
17 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

She [Ashley] seems to have all the power in this duo—she will basically say no to any lady he brings home. 

That is what Demetri would have her believe.  In their quest to find the perfect match, there is no telling how many women poor Demetri is going to have to sleep with.  Of course, they are all going to have a flaw or deficiency, which will only come to light after he has sampled the goods.  Ashley is a stupid fool; plain and simple.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I was shocked to see the Alldredges already have another wife who just isn't part of the show. Wow. They're the most normal of these three freak shows, but even they are just liars if that's the case.

I also thought it was nice that Sharis was having the kids make things for Vanessa...and I totally thought she would act the way she did....sad for Vanessa, very caring towards her, offering to give up her night with Mr Man (big loss! ha!). But I also found it strange that she calls her "Aunt Vanessa" to her own children...but, whatever. I mean on Sister Wives, the kids call their other moms by the first names, they don't really call them "mom" or "aunt" or anything...unless they are vying for attention with their non-polygamist peers, then they're all "I have four moms!" I guess you call them whatever you want in this goofy lifestyle.

These episodes seem really slow-moving to me. A lot of shots of them driving in cars to get somewhere, and by the end of the episode the Alldredges have just gotten to the hospital, the Brineys have just arrived at the campground...cut out all this filler crap and just get where you're going already.

This actually made sense to me.  If there's an emergency, the children will naturally call the other mother "Aunt" instead of having to remember to lie and call her a babysitter.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

This actually made sense to me.  If there's an emergency, the children will naturally call the other mother "Aunt" instead of having to remember to lie and call her a babysitter.

True...and how sad is that. Children having to remember to lie. (Because the parents are paranoid when in reality, the cops aren't lurking at every corner waiting to jail them. Not to mention, going on tv isn't exactly the best way to keep your secret!)

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Adiba said:

I agree that April and Auralee are locked in some kind of passive-aggressive power struggle, but I get the feeling that Auralee has somewhat "poisoned the well" when it comes to Angela's relationship with April. I'm not saying that there are no legitimate issues between them, but Auralee needs to take herself out of April and Angela's dynamic, imo, instead of "triangulating."

Btw, is it a requirement for all Briney wives to have names that begin with the letter A?

And it's confusing the viewers.  I've read posts where Ashley is called April or Angela, and it makes it confusing for me.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kyanight said:

On the other hand, those three are stuck with a husband who has no balls

I think she made a very wise decision, lol.  But - where does she live?  Are they separated?  Or does she and the older kids have to clear out of the house every time TLC is filming?

No way another wife and many children fit into that little house.  Maybe they live separately, like the Brineys previously.

6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Yes! If Angela wants to be part of the family she needs to interact wth all of the kids not just her own. In a polygamist family you don't get to just sit in a corner with your own kid and ignore everyone else. I actually dislike her and Auralee more than April because they argue or get offended by every word she says. 

I had a molar pregnancy once and it is scary, I had to have monthly blood tests for a whole year to look for cancer indicators. I still can't figure this family out with the entire group of missing kids and wife. Does he still see this other family? Are they estranged? Very odd.

The Snowden's just pissed me off. So Jocelyn is supposed to confess to her transgressions while Dimitri sits there like he did nothing wrong? I'm half convinced they are actors pulling something off for the viewers. 

Obviously I have no inside info on the first wife, but I'm beginning to believe the house the Alldredges show on TV is a rented home for the show.  I noted immediately how the common living area/living room/family room was tiny - they even have a piano shoved into that space.  Also, the two wives' bedrooms look very impersonal with little to nothing hanging on the walls.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

"But just days after the show premiered on TLC, Auralee had gotten so many comments about the way she speaks that she decided to write a blog post to explain why she sounds like she has a strange accent. "My Grandma is Danish and says I look and speak just like the people in Denmark and just to accept it as my heritage. 'You have a Danish accent,' she would tell me," she wrote. "But, I have trouble accepting that because although I have Danish blood, I am the only person in my family with a 'Danish accent.' This leads to many jokes like I genetically inherited a Danish accent, LOL. My school told me it was a lisp so I accepted that (seemed more logical). Unfortunately, my school didn’t have a good therapist to help me."

"However, it has been brought to my attention recently from a speech therapist who sounds like they are a lot more knowledgeable then [sic] my 'speech therapist' in elementary school, that it is not a lisp at all!" she continued. "It is just some articulation challenges that with the proper instruction, I can overcome! I would LOVE that. Now I just need to find a GOOD therapist who is able to help me."

Maybe she believes that and maybe it might be true.  I still think she may have some small hearing issue.  She sounds alot like she is swallowing her words such as persons with hearing issues who speak verbally.  But I maybe wrong. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

That is what Demetri would have her believe.  In their quest to find the perfect match, there is no telling how many women poor Demetri is going to have to sleep with.  Of course, they are all going to have a flaw or deficiency, which will only come to light after he has sampled the goods.  Ashley is a stupid fool; plain and simple.

You know how they say there someone for everyone? I feel like this fits these two perfectly.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

This show proves once again that polygamy does not work. The only happy person in polygamy is the man, because he is a de facto King, constantly worshipped and adored. Everyone else is miserable, subverting all their true emotions and needs to the point of insanity. Wow, this episode made me sorry for all the wives. Except for April. The only default response to April should always be “FU April”. 

The Brineys

April - this wife is spitting mad that Angela gives her no attention. She is so used to being the center of the household, the butterfly that everyone surrounds. That is why she talks in that quiet baby voice, it’s all a manipulation to get you to PAY ATTENTION TO APRIL. When Angela tried to have the conversation with her about her attitude in Episode 3, April stormed out because she didn’t want to have the conversation at that time. I love that Angela now ignores her, no matter what April says to try to get her attention. Angela just gives her the blank look and gives her not one iota. April  said so many passive agreesive comments, snarky remarks, jabs and digs to Angela. 

Auralee - she is so glad that April’s drama is not directed at her. So she takes that opportunity to plan a camping trip, something which I’m sure she loves doing, which in the past April probably vetoed. But now that April is not paying attention [to me since I watched her kids on her anniversary weekend], let me organize, plan and have that family camping trip. I see you Auralee. Stealth mode. I still think she is somehow the queen bee and is the one making April spiral, after all, still waters run deep. 

Drew - seriously, man up. Where is your nut sack? In April’s purse obviously. You can’t handle a weekend’s sexual romp without dying on the floor the next day! So what makes you think you can handle one wife, let alone three? Angela came to you pleading for help after being harrasssed again by the household bully aka April, your accursed first wife.  She was in tears and needed comfort, support, and help. It was a perfect setup to increase your intimacy and bring you closer, and you blew it. Disgrace. Drew, what useless advice was that? You pretty much just told her to give her bully “more love” and if that doesn’t work to “ask God”. Let me decide that for you…| ~ Angela, you are screwed girl, take your one son Leo and run for the hills. They are all pawns of April, so if you don’t want to be a pawn, run! Dumb Drew, why did you build 3 tents when you have 3 wives? Did you expect April & Angela to share a tent while you are curled up with Auralee (she is way too peppy for this not to be her night)? Why do that when you promised Angela you would help keep things smooth on the camping trip?

Angela - honey, I have a hard time believing this is your Second Act, your Happily ever after. This can’t be what you dreamed of when your divorced Mr. I-Don’t-Want-Kids McFatty. The honeymoon stage didn’t even last a year. This is why you try before you buy. If you had courted them for longer than 2 weeks, you would have seen that April is Batshit Crazy, Auralee is Spiralling Down and Drew is Pathetically Emasculated. Anyway, you have to lie on the bed you have made so let’s dive into this. Here are some truths that I want you to read when ever you start doubting yourself or buying the shit that the Britney’s are selling. Here are a few truths;

1. April is crazy. So is Auralee. Do not believe anything they tell you. Neither of them is your friend, talk less of your sister.
  2. The only person you can trust is yourself. You cannot trust neither of your sister wives. You cannot trust Drew. They all have a deeper, longer history together, and you are the newbie.  You are and will always be the outsider looking in. They will believe each other over you, and they will be more loyal to each other over you
  3. Set firm boundaries. This is the only way you will be able to create a space for yourself in this family. Communicate those boundaries consistently and repeatedly until it is engrained in everyone, even the kids. 
  4. You have to take the time to build a relationship with each of the kids, outside of their mothers. Get consent from the Moms in front of Drew and the kids so they can’t back down and change minds later. Figure out an activity or event to do with each kid, and make this a regular thing, every few weeks. The kids will apppreciate the extra effort you are making. It will also make them each feel special. They probably don’t have a lot of opportunities for individualized attention outside of negative attention. Not only will it get benefits in the family, it can also create a ripple effect that will allow the Moms to love and accept all your kids too. 
  5. Do not mix your money with their money. Yes, take your fair share from the general pot, but do not put your own life savings into it. Keep a separate bank account that none of them know about, the more you can stash away for yourself the Leo, the better. 
  6. It is okay to breastfeed without a coverlet in the privacy of your own home. April doesn’t want you breastfeeding in common areas because she doesn’t want Drew to see you that way. It gets him incredibly turned on and she’s jealous. 
  7. Its okay to take however long you need to care for and breastfeed your child. Leo is the baby that you prayed and hoped for over 20 years. Love him as much as you can and care for him as best as you can. April wants you to give Leo less attention so you can give her and her kids more attention. Don’t spread yourself thin or take from your child for someone else’s. 
  8. It’s nice to see you standing up for yourself. Do not let them guilt you into doing something you are not comfortable doing. It’s incredibly hard to go from having 0 kids to 1 kid. But to make the leap from 1 kid to 8 kids is absolutely insane and should not be done unless in an emergency. This is why #4 is integral and should be prioritized. 
  9. You can still leave. Leaving is not off the table. This lifestyle is not for everyone, and if you are not happy, leave. Do not limit you or Leo's happiness for anyone or anything. You are gorgeous, a good woman with a good heart. Any man would be lucky to have you. Be with someone who sees and appreciates that. 

This is really an excellent post. If you're not in the psychology field, you should be!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Maybe she believes that and maybe it might be true.  I still think she may have some small hearing issue.  She sounds alot like she is swallowing her words such as persons with hearing issues who speak verbally.  But I maybe wrong. 

I think it's definitely more than an inability to pronounce r's.  She said a word that ended in uard, and she struggled with the ua as well.  At least Auralee hasn't let this problem make her fear speaking.  She's more than happy to state her issues and opinions.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Auralee - she is so glad that April’s drama is not directed at her. So she takes that opportunity to plan a camping trip, something which I’m sure she loves doing, which in the past April probably vetoed. But now that April is not paying attention [to me since I watched her kids on her anniversary weekend], let me organize, plan and have that family camping trip. I see you Auralee. Stealth mode. I still think she is somehow the queen bee and is the one making April spiral, after all, still waters run deep. 

Drew - seriously, man up. Where is your nut sack? In April’s purse obviously. You can’t handle a weekend’s sexual romp without dying on the floor the next day! So what makes you think you can handle one wife, let alone three? Angela came to you pleading for help after being harrasssed again by the household bully aka April, your accursed first wife.  She was in tears and needed comfort, support, and help. It was a perfect setup to increase your intimacy and bring you closer, and you blew it. Disgrace. Drew, what useless advice was that? You pretty much just told her to give her bully “more love” and if that doesn’t work to “ask God”. Let me decide that for you…| ~ Angela, you are screwed girl, take your one son Leo and run for the hills. They are all pawns of April, so if you don’t want to be a pawn, run! Dumb Drew, why did you build 3 tents when you have 3 wives? Did you expect April & Angela to share a tent while you are curled up with Auralee (she is way too peppy for this not to be her night)? Why do that when you promised Angela you would help keep things smooth on the camping trip?

So the two bolded comments seem to contradict each other - I'm curious as to whom you think is really in control there?  Or both in their own unique ways?

9 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

I think all three Briney wives are complete wackos. I don't get the love people have for Angelina either. She's a grown ass woman who made this choice. She just used him to get her kid and be done. She has no interest in being a part of the family or interacting with the other kids. It's all about her and her kid. And I agree with another poster that Auralee poisoned the well by bitching about April.  I think it's hilarious that Drew is stuck with not one bitch of a wife but 3! Ha ha. 

Ha ha indeed!  I couldn't agree more!  And the other thing about Angela - she wasn't some dumb teenager - she was 40. years old!

7 hours ago, thebalconyfool said:

Yes, I get the feeling Drew has issues with April too and is just weary of it. And who can blame him. She's clearly the one most responsible for that family's misery.

Seriously?  She is?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

No way another wife and many children fit into that little house.  Maybe they live separately, like the Brineys previously.

Or maybe he has the "ghost wife" and her presumed children hidden away in the attic or teeny-tiny basement.  Maybe one of the premium wives slips a tray of broth and stale bread under the door once a day for the exiled wife and her children.  I could go on...These families are so strange they provide excellent fodder for a thriller novel or a Lifetime movie channel script.

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The Brineys define dysfunctional.  One house for wives that hate each other's guts, and a worthless (except, I guess, for a law degree) wussy boy "husband?"  There aren't enough words to describe the horror.

I hope Angela saves herself a hefty therapist bill and sees that excellent advice written by Spiderella2.  Better yet, I hope she reads it and executes a plan.

I think April and Auralee whip up contention for sport. If Angela leaves, they will recruit some other sucker to fill her spot.  I think competing with one another is the stimulus that keeps some wives in poly marriages "happy."  And competition makes the prize more desirable.  It's a big win all the way around for the man, and it's a way for the women to convert their unhappy situation into something tolerable.  

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Sasha888 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'd like to slap that fake ass smile off that bitch April's face. I'm not saying the other two are saints, but my GOD that woman makes me stabby. "Boo hoo hoo Drew, those two are being mean to me! They mis-perceive everything I say!" Well then why don't you try being HONEST for a change, instead of a manipulative hag! She seems to feel that she has to do all the "planning" most of the time...well, that's probably because you're controlling and no one else can do it "properly" enough to suit you. 

And if she thought Angela did NOT really want to cook together, couldn't she just say "Are you sure you're okay with that? Because I thought you wouldn't like it." But no, she sits there smirking and asks her several times, all the while acting like a freaking 13 yr old girl. Actually that insults the maturity of 13 yr old girls, my bad.

I think she genuinely enjoys stirring up trouble. I've had it with her fake "look how happy and smiley I am!" persona.

She is one of the best practitioners(I've raised her to this level because she doesn't have a genuine conversation, ever!) of passive aggressive behavior I've ever seen. I suspect she has perfected this behavior because she is naturally beautiful and was one of those "Oh daddy, can't I have the new doll" little girls who was taught young if you put a fake smile on your face, a tad of a whine in your voice you can get anything you want. I can't figure out if Auralee was passive aggressive before she had to live with April or if this is a learned behavior. The difference with Auralee is she caves. A person truly great at this type of behavior never caves in. They just keep it up until it works much as April has been doing. I don't believe Angela will last year. AS soon as baby is off the breast and she can goto work FT, she's gone. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, grammaester said:

She is one of the best practitioners(I've raised her to this level because she doesn't have a genuine conversation, ever!) of passive aggressive behavior I've ever seen.

I agree...she's a master.

6 minutes ago, grammaester said:

I don't believe Angela will last year. AS soon as baby is off the breast and she can goto work FT, she's gone. 

I really hope, for Angela's sake and for her son's sake, that this will happen.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I got the impression that he is a huge wuss and loves lapping up the attention of women being jealous over him.  

Why in all that is holy would he move his poly family into a neighborhood with snooping, gossiping neighbors!  This family belongs on acres of land!  Out in the county.   How scary for the children!

Also what kind of big shot attorney is he that can't even keep his house in order!

Demetri and snarlpuss!  Surely the network is fooling with us and those two are just actors reading a script!  They just can't be real life!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Did anyone else get the impression that when Drew was talking about April to Angela that he really effing hates April?  I wonder what would happen if Angela were to take the baby, leave and sue for child support.  In UT is polyg unofficially acknowledged/accepted so the judge would take into account all of Drew’s families and he would pay pennies in child support to Angela, or if the judge would just take April’s under 18 YO kids into account and Drew would have to pay a decent amount of child support.  Because Angela needs to leave.  Their home life is way too toxic.

Not sure she'd get anything.  Most of these women do not put the father's name on the birth certificate!  She's probably collecting a nice welfare check and food stamps each month!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Adiba said:

I agree that April and Auralee are locked in some kind of passive-aggressive power struggle, but I get the feeling that Auralee has somewhat "poisoned the well" when it comes to Angela's relationship with April. I'm not saying that there are no legitimate issues between them, but Auralee needs to take herself out of April and Angela's dynamic, imo, instead of "triangulating."

Btw, is it a requirement for all Briney wives to have names that begin with the letter A?

Yes...(I'm a bit behind had to re log in) Anyhoo...I give no leeway to Auralee. As a wise person wrote above she and April are very much alike. Can you imagine the amount of energy that is expended every day in that house? (Raise the Red Lantern, ,dynamics between concubines, excellent excellent movie) Now, Angela. She has plenty of her own stuff. She does need to back out, and the term triangulating is spot on.

I fell asleep before the tent selection. Angela was getting her panties in a bind about being on a slope? LOL, Just Got Served.

and I sound like a terrible person, when I read this. So I will just say, they are all very annoying as they have all bought into a piece of the property, and not one is going to say what their part is. No even new earth mother Angela.

And there is another Plyg show coming with another non looker.

Where is Brady and his 5 wives? Loved their crew. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, princelina said:

So the two bolded comments seem to contradict each other - I'm curious as to whom you think is really in control there?  Or both in their own unique ways?

Ha ha indeed!  I couldn't agree more!  And the other thing about Angela - she wasn't some dumb teenager - she was 40. years old!

Seriously?  She is?

Well, seems I am not good at pulling comments.

I am Bravely going solo and saying I am still in April's corner. I don't see her as any worse than Auralee or Angela (who needs to get on the plan and jump in and help more...she bought into this.)  I was laughing about April's asking Angela to do clean up, then Auralee boob of the world saying she will do it. Ah the martyr now has more proof of how put upon she is. 

I am not Meri's champion on Sister Wives so it's not First wife so much as Auralee hit the ground running in her TH segments, then recruited Angela to be on her side. I don't dig their collusion. 

And Auralee reminds me I missed Mattress Day Sales today. Blammit.

• Love 9

even before the situation with Vanessa’s molar pregnancy, I can’t get over how joyless she, Sharis and their pappy are over everything. They are forever monotone and expression-less. And sometimes I cannot look away from Vanessa’s chin, which is very prominent, and her mouth, which turns into an upside down “u”.  Maybe if she smiled or laughed.....once.... it would go in the other direction.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, WaterSpirit said:

Well, seems I am not good at pulling comments.

I am Bravely going solo and saying I am still in April's corner. I don't see her as any worse than Auralee or Angela (who needs to get on the plan and jump in and help more...she bought into this.)  I was laughing about April's asking Angela to do clean up, then Auralee boob of the world saying she will do it. Ah the martyr now has more proof of how put upon she is. 

I am not Meri's champion on Sister Wives so it's not First wife so much as Auralee hit the ground running in her TH segments, then recruited Angela to be on her side. I don't dig their collusion. 

And Auralee reminds me I missed Mattress Day Sales today. Blammit.

Ha ha...I’ll bravely stand with you. I am in complete agreement that I see them as all bad. I don’t see April’s passive aggression any more different than Auralee’s as she whines and pouts to Drew about big bad April. And that Angela has resting bitch face all the time and appears selfish—-all about her and her kid. Not sure I’ve seen more than one expression on her face. I don’t get the eagerness for people to see her leave and wish her well. She made this decision as a much older, wiser? woman. She’s just as whiny with Drew. Her and Auralee clearly like to gang up on April too. I think they all deserve each other. 

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

So there are three of us that think April is no worse than the other two. She at least seems pleasant while the others are always angry. 

Also I think part of my softer spot for April is because I think Drew fucked her over initially. She was several years and several kids into a monogamous marriage with him when he turned the tables. It took her over a year to finally agree. She was a housewife with several children...maybe even isolated from family over this. I know she “agreed” but I don’t think her heart was really ever in it. So I guess I give her a little more leeway when it comes to being a bitch. Can’t say I blame her all that much. 

• Love 20

Do you think Angela arrived later to the campground because she found out last minute she was going to have to share a tent with April, and rushed to the store to get her own tent? Sure Drew told April it was because she was breastfeeding and had to go to the store. I feel like there is more to the story. Do you think Angela is going to have to put up her tent by herself? April seemed almost gleeful when Angela said, “put the tent on the slope?” and Drew could barely even talk. It doesn’t look like Drew’s back is any good, and I doubt April will order her boys to help her. Will be interesting to see if this is a scene next week. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Do you think Angela arrived later to the campground because she found out last minute she was going to have to share a tent with April, and rushed to the store to get her own tent? Sure Drew told April it was because she was breastfeeding and had to go to the store. I feel like there is more to the story. Do you think Angela is going to have to put up her tent by herself? April seemed almost gleeful when Angela said, “put the tent on the slope?” and Drew could barely even talk. It doesn’t look like Drew’s back is any good, and I doubt April will order her boys to help her. Will be interesting to see if this is a scene next week. 

It looked like there was a tent for each adult? I think this was her ploy to linger at the house to have it to herself...take her time and not have to participate with the family or help unload cars. I’m so over her. I hope she had to sleep on the hill. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

It looked like there was a tent for each adult? I think this was her ploy to linger at the house to have it to herself...take her time and not have to participate with the family or help unload cars. I’m so over her. I hope she had to sleep on the hill. 

Yeah... it's hard to say definitely from what little we've seen, but it seems like Angela doesn't really like pulling her weight around the house.  Babies DO take a lot of time and attention, but both April and Auralee have several children each and even with a lot of kids - meals still have to be made, house cleaned, blah blah blah.   It's been mentioned that Angela likes to get out of doing a lot of the work around the house with constant excuses about the baby needing her.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Truer words were never spoken.

I think what bothers me most about Dimitri (so many options) is how he sits around with a perpetual sheepish "who me?" grin on his face, like he thinks he is just so damn adorable that everybody must cater to him, and no one could EVER be mad at him. What was with that "glad we had a challenge" bullshit he was spouting? He was glad all right -- glad to get some easy sex while his pregnant "wife" waited at home. That whole speech about needing to respect Ashley's feelings on Joselyn was one bullshit mountain. You have to respect her NOW, Dimitri? How respectful did you feel towards her when you were sneaking away to have sex with a virtual stranger you'd known all of two weeks?

And that godawful "showdown" with Joselyn, with Dimitri and Ashley magnanimously giving Joselyn the chance to fess up. We have no indication that she had any damn idea about their rules, and even if she did, Dimitri was the one responsible for keeping them, and all he got from Ashley was a "tsk" and a slap on the wrist while he blathered new-agey bullshit about moving forward as people. Hey, Ashley, you're so evolved; how 'bout you use your big girl words and just ASK Joselyn about the "intimacy" like a grown-up? Baiting some trap and then smiling smugly as she falls into it is some passive-aggressive bullshit right there.

I know there were two other couples on this episode, but damn, Dimitri and Ashley are one toxic shitshow. Yeah, Dimitri, you need to keep moving on in your search for more sex...er, another "wife." THAT'S OBVIOUSLY WHAT YOU NEED.

GREAT POST!!!     ::::::Standing ovulation::::::::

• Love 14
22 hours ago, grammaester said:

What they did to that young girl was cruel in my eyes. I'm sure she assumed Dmitri would know if it was ok if they slept together. She kept looking at him during the luncheon, bewildered as to why he wasn't bringing up their night together. She just didn't know what to say or do. Ashley just sat there sadistically watching her squirm. Yikes. 

My God, right??!!  I could not believe they just sat there (especially him) and watched her squirm.  Ashley and Dmitri are sick people and I hope that, if they haven't already secured a f*ck buddy for Dmitri at the end of this season, this show is a warning to all women to RUN away from them as quickly as possible.  Even if Joselyn brought it up, what on Earth would they have discussed in the middle of a freaking restaurant??  And then for them to just sit there, again, especially him after he had sex with her the night before, while she got up to leave when they were all over her at the group date.  Count your blessings, Joselyn.  Ashley would have been as sick and manipulative as April is in the Briney household and your life would have been miserable.

On a side note: considering how questioning Ashley's family was about the whole arrangement, I am dying to know how they think Ashley and Dmitri are coming across on this show.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:
19 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

So there are three of us that think April is no worse than the other two. She at least seems pleasant while the others are always angry. 

Also I think part of my softer spot for April is because I think Drew fucked her over initially. She was several years and several kids into a monogamous marriage with him when he turned the tables. It took her over a year to finally agree. She was a housewife with several children...maybe even isolated from family over this. I know she “agreed” but I don’t think her heart was really ever in it. So I guess I give her a little more leeway when it comes to being a bitch. Can’t say I blame her all that much. 

I feel the same way about April & still hold to the possibility she was somehow coerced into this mess & has no way out.

9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

eah... it's hard to say definitely from what little we've seen, but it seems like Angela doesn't really like pulling her weight around the house.  Babies DO take a lot of time and attention, but both April and Auralee have several children each and even with a lot of kids - meals still have to be made, house cleaned, blah blah blah.   It's been mentioned that Angela likes to get out of doing a lot of the work around the house with constant excuses about the baby needing her.

Even though she so wanted her child & will probably be fine with him, I don't get any 'warm fuzzies for kids' off Angela's demeanor.

I haven't seen this episode & have been debating whether to bother anymore. I find all of this so fake & all these people insufferable.

ETA: The only thing I can say for certain is the title of this episode perfectly describes all their lives.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why in all that is holy would he move his poly family into a neighborhood with snooping, gossiping neighbors!  This family belongs on acres of land!  Out in the county.   How scary for the children!

Also what kind of big shot attorney is he that can't even keep his house in order!

Demetri and snarlpuss!  Surely the network is fooling with us and those two are just actors reading a script!  They just can't be real life!

I got that feeling, too, about Dmitri and Ashley, particularly during the scene when she spit the coffee back into the cup upon Dmitri admitting his sexual romp with Jocelyn.  So contrived.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

I got that feeling, too, about Dmitri and Ashley, particularly during the scene when she spit the coffee back into the cup upon Dmitri admitting his sexual romp with Jocelyn.  So contrived.

Oh, no she didn't! Did she? How gross.

Angela’s 90’s teenage girl hair bugs me more then it should. 

Dimiri should have been kicked to the curb by Ashley, especially after his “I played a part in it” admission. They don’t bother telling the woman about their rules, then blame it all on her... totally honest and transparent of them. 

I hate when the obviously staged conversations include the children, like Sharis asking Vanessa’s  Daughter how she feels about her mom being in the hospital. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

I hate when the obviously staged conversations include the children, like Sharis asking Vanessa’s  Daughter how she feels about her mom being in the hospital. 

Oh me too!!  It's so stupid!  Like what is the little girl supposed to say?  "I feel WONDERFUL!  EXCITED!  THRILLED!!  PUZZLED? DISMAYED?  OVERJOYED!  UPSET!  MAD!  SAD!"  Good Lord - how is a child SUPPOSED to feel about her mother being in the hospital?  Isn't that a no-brainer?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

My God, right??!!  I could not believe they just sat there (especially him) and watched her squirm.  Ashley and Dmitri are sick people and I hope that, if they haven't already secured a f*ck buddy for Dmitri at the end of this season, this show is a warning to all women to RUN away from them as quickly as possible.  Even if Joselyn brought it up, what on Earth would they have discussed in the middle of a freaking restaurant??  And then for them to just sit there, again, especially him after he had sex with her the night before, while she got up to leave when they were all over her at the group date.  Count your blessings, Joselyn.  Ashley would have been as sick and manipulative as April is in the Briney household and your life would have been miserable.

On a side note: considering how questioning Ashley's family was about the whole arrangement, I am dying to know how they think Ashley and Dmitri are coming across on this show.

They were HORRIBLE to that poor girl. I mean, they invited her to  audition as a sister wife, presumably that means that she would be having sex with Dmitri. Totally understandable that she would, you know, have sex with him--at his invitation.

Ashley is worse in my eyes. Girl, face facts-- your husband just wants to fuck young girls. How about you just let him do that and stop pretending you want a "sister wife" under some code of conduct that apparently they are just supposed to figure out without you telling them? And you're bringing your kids into this hot mess that you have already failed at once. Shame on you! Acting like you're all about sisterhood. Pffft.

• Love 10

I'm not following this show, but, landed on it a part of it and wanted to see what was wrong with the lady who thought she was pregnant.  Have they told what is wrong?  Has she seen a medical doctor yet?  Last I saw, she got ultra sound from midwife.  Has it been revealed yet?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

That is a good point. She didn't sign up for this.  They were a LDS Mormon couple and then Drew comes up with this idea? I'd be nuts after that too.  She probably has PTSD from the entire lifestyle change. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not following this show, but, landed on it a part of it and wanted to see what was wrong with the lady who thought she was pregnant.  Have they told what is wrong?  Has she seen a medical doctor yet?  Last I saw, she got ultra sound from midwife.  Has it been revealed yet?

They called it a molar pregnancy, where instead of a baby, it's a tumor of some sort growing, and putting out pregnancy hormones, like it was a developing baby.

I've only read about them, but the show indicates a molar pregnancy needs surgery to remove it.  So I'm supposing the coming episode(s) will be covering that?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

GREAT POST!!!     ::::::Standing ovulation::::::::

Was this an intended typo? Because I LOL’d. 

Yes, lol.   Sometimes I also post "applesauce" instead of applause.  I'm weird, what can I say!

• Love 8

Sorry guys I’m just tuning in now.  I didn’t catch the full episode on Sunday night.  My initial observations... 

Dimitri at the start of the episode: “When you make a mistake you gotta own it”

Dimitri on group date: sits across from his hookup and beside his pregnant wife while she throws daggers at Josclyn and takes no responsibility for his actions.

Ashley... what the actual fuck? So your *cough* husband sleeps around and it’s the woman’s fault, not his? Well don’t be surprised when it happens again, and again, and again. Leave now girl before you mess up your children for life. 

This couple absolutely baffles me. 

• Love 14

Auralee in the restaurant with Drewfus gleefully explaining to the camera “I love dates!!!” Her excitement reminded me of a 12 year old girl going on her first date. How sad. 

• Love 13

Dmitri is committing to finding a Sister Wife.  Even if he has to go through every 22 year old in Atlanta.

So first the Briney's prematurely tell their kids they were pregnant.  Now they prematurely told them Mom might be dying.  What the fuck with these people?

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

Dmitri is committing to finding a Sister Wife.  Even if he has to go through every 22 year old in Atlanta.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. Bwahahaha.

Dimitri is such a humanitarian. His commitment to sex (er, I mean polygamy) is truly inspiring.

• Love 10

Dmitri and Ashley are horrible. At least the other families have the cover of their religious beliefs to explain their lifestyle. The Snowdens are just making this up as they go along. He’s a cheater who wants a harem and she’s going along with it hoping to find someone willing to sleep with her too. 

• Love 12

I wonder if the individual families ever go out together, like a date night with just the dad, mom and kids of that particular mom?  Has anyone seen anything like that on any of the polygamy shows?  If that's the case, and I enjoyed camping, I'd never camp with those bitches again.  I'm no fan of Auralee, but she seemed excited to camp and then three carloads of drama rolled up. 

Angela has been divorced before, so we know she's not completely opposed to the idea under the right (wrong?) circumstances.  For this reason I think she'll be gone inside of two years.  She's not saddled with a whole bunch of kids.  Supporting one on her own would be much easier than living with the ball-less wonder and his sea hags.  And a shitload of kids I'm not bonded with.  If she were much younger I think she'd be more easily molded, but I hope that at her age she understands life's too short for this crap. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, eskimo said:

I wonder if the individual families ever go out together, like a date night with just the dad, mom and kids of that particular mom?  Has anyone seen anything like that on any of the polygamy shows?  If that's the case, and I enjoyed camping, I'd never camp with those bitches again.  I'm no fan of Auralee, but she seemed excited to camp and then three carloads of drama rolled up. 

Angela has been divorced before, so we know she's not completely opposed to the idea under the right (wrong?) circumstances.  For this reason I think she'll be gone inside of two years.  She's not saddled with a whole bunch of kids.  Supporting one on her own would be much easier than living with the ball-less wonder and his sea hags.  And a shitload of kids I'm not bonded with.  If she were much younger I think she'd be more easily molded, but I hope that at her age she understands life's too short for this crap. 

I have no love for her, she knew what she was getting into. Especially after someone posted this is her 4th “marriage” and second polygamous one. 

• Love 10

Briney (my autocorrect really wants to call them bribery) camping: the purpose is that they get to be a family away from prying eyes. So, Dad should sleep in a tent with all of his (non nursing) children, and each mom should get her own tent to chill. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, woot said:

Auralee in the restaurant with Drewfus gleefully explaining to the camera “I love dates!!!” Her excitement reminded me of a 12 year old girl going on her first date. How sad. 

That's exactly how I saw her too! Even the camera angle made it seem like she was sitting lower in her chair than Drew like a little girl and her daddy out on a "date".  She also had the baby voice going on if you listen closely. I think Drew is attracted to young girls so these grown women infantilize themselves with baby voices and hairstyles to attract his attention over the other wives. 

Drew is a pussy.  Hobbling around on those crutches while being doted on, talking in that sing song voice and avoiding any responsibility when your wives come to you asking for help with garbled word salad and condescension. Arrogance, manipulation of his own children and hiding behind being a lawyer.  All the men stick together, justify and encourage this behavior, no different than the good ol' boys club but he doesn't have any balls of his own that makes him a real man who stands up for his family.

• Love 10