Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: 13 Is Enough!

• Start Topic

I can't help obsessing over this Ashley/Dimitri/Jocelyn triad  Yuck!!!    Just want to add my negative vote.  I appreciated the descriptions of Dimitri as "giddy" and "gushing."  When he said he was so lucky to look at her eyes, I wanted to gag.  Who talks like that?  Do women fall for that? 

• Love 19
14 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Drew is such a sniveling little wuss. I've had back problems where I couldn't use crutches even if I wanted to, couldn't sit down, stand up, lay down...any of those things. Yeah, it's really, really painful. But they have this stuff for it, Drew, it's called FENTANYL AND ATIVAN!!! Go to the freaking ER, they'll hook you up with some! Oh but then you'd have to risk the "authorities"!!!! Scary!

And April with all her hand-wringing, "Oh honey I'm so sorry, what can I do?" Take him to the hospital if he's that bad, you idiot.

I thought I couldn't dislike Drew any more than I already did, but I was wrong. Him whining and not being able to stand there to hear about his child who had a tree limb smash into her back? I just. can't. even. with this guy. 

Suck it up. My back went out one day when I had to take my Mom for radiation therapy, 80 miles round trip. I took some pain meds, hid the crutches in the back of my car so she wouldn't see them (so at least she wouldn't worry for the first half of the trip!! Ha ha that's a necessary precaution with my Mom, she was a professional worrier) and I got her to her appointment. Her cancer trumped my back pain. Apparently his own kid's injury, even when it wasn't yet known how bad off the child was, does not trump HIS back pain. What a freaking loser.

Unless we find out he actually re-fractured his back, I'm sorry but I left my sympathy in my other pants.

Sniveling little wuss, and then some.  Selfish fuck, if there ever was one.  He just eats up that wives fighting over his big ass shit.  

Try being a disabled veteran, like Mr. Xword, you stupid asshole.  Stick your law degree up where the sun doesn't shine.

• Love 11

See, Dimitri, you almost had me. I didn't buy his shit, but I believed *they* believed what they were spouting about the lifestyle. Sleeping with the young girl on the very first day they met her in person just negates everything they tried to pass off as being a socially superior way to live. If I were Ashley, I'd be done. With the young girl and with the idea of adding ANY sister wife at all at this point. He can't even keep it in his pants long enough for Ashley to have a one-on-one date with any prospective sister wife. She can't even cultivate a relationship before he's already physically committed himself - and then attempts to lie about it later. I wouldn't trust the girl (who's name I don't remember) and I wouldn't trust him to be able to hold up his end of the bargain. And if I can't trust that, then how am I to believe he'd follow ANY of the rules we set up?

I'm not sure who I believe of April or Auralee but I feel incredibly sorry for the new wife. I'd be out of there with my kid. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

See, Dimitri, you almost had me. I didn't buy his shit, but I believed *they* believed what they were spouting about the lifestyle. Sleeping with the young girl on the very first day they met her in person just negates everything they tried to pass off as being a socially superior way to live. If I were Ashley, I'd be done. With the young girl and with the idea of adding ANY sister wife at all at this point. He can't even keep it in his pants long enough for Ashley to have a one-on-one date with any prospective sister wife. She can't even cultivate a relationship before he's already physically committed himself - and then attempts to lie about it later. I wouldn't trust the girl (who's name I don't remember) and I wouldn't trust him to be able to hold up his end of the bargain. And if I can't trust that, then how am I to believe he'd follow ANY of the rules we set up

I had a very sad feeling seeing Dimitri go gaga for the younger woman.  It reminded me of the very sad subplot in The Good Earth, when after becoming wealthy the husband takes the cute new concubine to supplant his original plain wife.  I don't know if people still read the book or watch the movie.  Pearl Buck did win the Nobel Prize . . . 

• Love 7

I call BS on the whole tree limb falling crap. I have no idea if Drew really has back problems, but there is no way that accident happened. I knew for sure as soon as April began talking about appreciating Auralee & Auralee peddling their way of life as being a good thing because they are there for each other. The kid looked fine & it's obviously not beyond them to coach their kids to lie to further their own agendas.

I don't know what the Snowdens are trying to pull but ALL of these people are playing the teevee game for whatever they'll get out of it.

So much crap, so little time on this show.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GussieK said:

I had a very sad feeling seeing Dimitri go gaga for the younger woman.  It reminded me of the very sad subplot in The Good Earth, when after becoming wealthy the husband takes the cute new concubine to supplant his original plain wife.  I don't know if people still read the book or watch the movie.  Pearl Buck did win the Nobel Prize . . . 

That WAS sad.  The worst part was that she kept those two pearls between her breasts to represent the twins she gave her husband - that was all she wanted from all of his riches... and then he demands them back to buy crap for his concubine.  

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I call BS on the whole tree limb falling crap. I have no idea if Drew really has back problems, but there is no way that accident happened. I knew for sure as soon as April began talking about appreciating Auralee & Auralee peddling their way of life as being a good thing because they are there for each other. The kid looked fine & it's obviously not beyond them to coach their kids to lie to further their own agendas.

I don't know what the Snowdens are trying to pull but ALL of these people are playing the teevee game for whatever they'll get out of it.

OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!  My thoughts exactly.  I was just not buying that line of crap.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I was about to post the same thing. I feel like this whole show is heavily scripted.  They want us to believe that a lawyer wouldn’t have drawn up medical powers of attorney for situations like that?  If that’s true, he’s a lousy lawyer. Heck, if Mr Kbo and I go out of town I leave a signed permission form for medical treatment and all our insurance info, and I’m not a lawyer. It’s called common sense. 

I think the Melina thing was a complete set up and so is Joslyn. These people are not good enough actors to pull this off. So many of the events seem fake its hard to gauge if anything is real. 

• Love 19
31 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I was about to post the same thing. I feel like this whole show is heavily scripted.  They want us to believe that a lawyer wouldn’t have drawn up medical powers of attorney for situations like that?  If that’s true, he’s a lousy lawyer. Heck, if Mr Kbo and I go out of town I leave a signed permission form for medical treatment and all our insurance info, and I’m not a lawyer. It’s called common sense. 

I think the Melina thing was a complete set up and so is Joslyn. These people are not good enough actors to pull this off. So many of the events seem fake its hard to gauge if anything is real. 

True - these potential new sister wives are probably arranged by TLC.  I still want to hear more about Melina but from the sounds of the descriptions of the upcoming weeks shows it seems like that story line (character) is done and over with. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I'm not sure who I believe of April or Auralee but I feel incredibly sorry for the new wife. I'd be out of there with my kid. 

Didn't she marry a man with 2 wives after knowing him for 13 days?  No pity here for that!

• Love 24
16 hours ago, lu1535 said:

Yeah, I want to know.

April and Drew - Their daughter may have a broken back and they stay on the ranch? I would be home before the xrays were finished.

Ashley and Dimitri - Do you suppose he'll use her comment about saving his lunging for Joselyn as Ashley's approval for "intimacy"? He was trying on his date clothes and he did some lunges toward Ashley and she told him to save it. A manipulative creep like him could take that as permission to do whatever. Just sayin'.......

I'm sure they were just playing up for the cameras. I've been in the same situation their child was when I was a kid. Yeah, my back hurt a bit, but nobody was worried that I'd broken my back.

• Love 1

My wife and I got to watch this last night. Wow. She was gobsmacked by how Dmitri and Ashley had agreed-upon rules and then Dmitri completely ignores the agreement. Her first reaction is that it was a complete lack of willpower on his part in sleeping with Jocelyn the first night. I disagreed, fairly vehemently. My take is that it's just complete disregard and lack of respect for Ashley because, to my mind, their agreement that he not sleep with prospective sister wife until after they're all three committed is no different from his agreement not to sleep with random women. I mean, what he did is exactly the same as cheating on his wife; it just so happens he did it with someone that might otherwise have joined their family. To me, that's really not any different from just banging anyone that you want to other than your spouse. As far as I'm concerned, that's not a failure of willpower since:

1. he's not otherwise running around having sex with women who are not Ashley,
  2. you don't "accidentally" have sex with someone (anyone!)
  3. because of #2, there's a lot of thought and planning that went into ditching the camera crew, going to her hotel room, and choosing to have sex with Jocelyn.

He had lots of opportunities to change his mind while executing the steps outlined (explicitly and implicitly) in that third point. Even up to the point of them both being naked, he could have said "I have an agreement with Ashley not to have sex with you until after there's a commitment. I have to go."

As for Vanessa's supposed pregnancy, why hasn't she taken a home pregnancy test? Don't they have Walgreens, CVS, Wal-Mart, Target or other such stores in Utah? And why was she previously walking around with her hand on her stomach and posturing like she's six or seven months along when she's only just now three months at best?!?

When it comes to the Briney women, here's an idea how you can improve your relationships: Let bygones be bygones and start fresh. Be open to communicating with each other, especially when there's miscommunication. And start trusting that the others are saying what they mean, and ask for clarification when it's needed. Swear to God, I would not be able to stand having to be the kindergarten teacher ("husband") for those three harpies. I'd end up laying down the law similar to what I've already written and people are going to comply or find themselves out of favor and dealing with my displeasure.

• Love 15

See, Dimitri, you almost had me. I didn't buy his shit, but I believed *they* believed what they were spouting about the lifestyle. Sleeping with the young girl on the very first day they met her in person just negates everything they tried to pass off as being a socially superior way to live. If I were Ashley, I'd be done. With the young girl and with the idea of adding ANY sister wife at all at this point. He can't even keep it in his pants long enough for Ashley to have a one-on-one date with any prospective sister wife. She can't even cultivate a relationship before he's already physically committed himself - and then attempts to lie about it later. I wouldn't trust the girl (who's name I don't remember) and I wouldn't trust him to be able to hold up his end of the bargain. And if I can't trust that, then how am I to believe he'd follow ANY of the rules we set up?

Tell me again how polygamy is not about the sex. And I spotted Dimitri for a player the first second he came on my television screen. I wouldn't be surprised if he cheats on the side as well. 

Drew's newest wife confuses me more than anyone else on this show. Why did she sign up for this shit?? She seems smart, normal, and pretty. If she just wanted a baby before her biological clock ran out, why not a sperm donor? Did she really think Drew was this awesome dad? Who in their right mind joins that household voluntarily?

• Love 24
47 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Tell me again how polygamy is not about the sex. And I spotted Dimitri for a player the first second he came on my television screen. I wouldn't be surprised if he cheats on the side as well. 

Drew's newest wife confuses me more than anyone else on this show. Why did she sign up for this shit?? She seems smart, normal, and pretty. If she just wanted a baby before her biological clock ran out, why not a sperm donor? Did she really think Drew was this awesome dad? Who in their right mind joins that household voluntarily?

I so agree about Angela. "One of these things is not like the others"!

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:
10 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:
58 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I so agree about Angela. "One of these things is not like the others"!

But a sperm donor doesn't support you and the baby so that you can stay at home and not have to go to work.

• Love 14
19 hours ago, Kbo said:

I finally got to watch the show this morning and was feeling the same way. All of a sudden there was SO.MUCH.DRAMA. with each family. I think the baby situation with the Alldredges is real and so was Drew's back break-down but the rest? Melina was too old and can't have kids, so she does not fit the religious requirements. Plus there are a shit-ton of young girls in their religion, in their area, ready to join the family. They didn't need to search the internet for someone in Minnesota? Michigan? to join the fam.

I compare Ashley's reaction to Dimitri's cheating (and that is what he did) to Christine's reaction to Kody helping pick out Robyn's wedding dress. Ashley just gave a mild stink eye to Dimitri breaking a very serious, sexual and intimate rule they both had agreed on for selecting another wife, where as when Kody did the same thing about breaking a very minor, non-sexual and over-all non consequential rule, Christine broke into tears and walked out of the interview session for two days. Either Ashley is brain dead or she was in on the whole storyline. Next week we will probably see Joselyn hee-haw around about what happened and Ashley will kick her to the curb. If for some reason they decide to keep Joselyn around for the show, in four months we will read how she didn't work out and the Snowden's are in mourning again.

Looks like Angela is really stirring the pot at the Briney's house instead of being a calming third wife. I still don't understand why she went this route. After being in her marriage and not getting pregnant, she had many other options other than "marrying" a plyg guy in order to try and get pregnant. So much stress and drama. And if she leaves, the dad has a billion other kids to support besides hers. Maybe she had no idea he was planning the one-house situation when she joined up and thought it was a nice gig to have a part-time husband plus her kid. 

Edited by Galloway Cave
good grief my spelling.
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

April Briney is kinda like Michelle Duggar’s evil twin sister! 

I see your point, but we'll have to agree to disagree on what "evil" might mean.  Curly hair:  check.  Baby voice:  check.  Adoration of Headship:  check.

FD:  I also snark on the Duggars.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

FD:  I also snark on the Duggars.

I also watch the Duggars, but for the most part the snark doesn't rise up like it does with the Sister Wives show.  Except for Derick, that is.  Can't stand him.  But he's still a notch above Tony.  Maybe.

• Love 2

Dmitri is a genius!! He somehow convinced Ashley to have 3 children with him, without being married to him, so he can populated the earth with no legal accountability. Then he gets to hand pick young women to have sex with and just shrugs it off when he has broken the rules.  Dmitri is just waiting for the right "sister wife" to come along before he takes off on Asheley to start a new harem with younger, hotter wives.

• Love 12
On 2/12/2018 at 10:51 PM, princelina said:

Didn't she marry a man with 2 wives after knowing him for 13 days?  No pity here for that!

Okay, maybe incredibly sorry is a stretch but I could NOT deal with my baby, the other kids and April’s and Auralee’s dysfunction. And that husband. I could NOT. I don’t think she expected to be the peacemaker wife (what she did expect knowing the situation is beyond me). I’d be out of there just for some damn peace and quiet. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Okay, maybe incredibly sorry is a stretch but I could NOT deal with my baby, the other kids and April’s and Auralee’s dysfunction. And that husband. I could NOT. I don’t think she expected to be the peacemaker wife (what she did expect knowing the situation is beyond me). I’d be out of there just for some damn peace and quiet. 

Haha of course you couldn't!  I just don't see what she did expect - I guess like someone else suggested that she'd be put up in an apartment and only have to deal with a part time husband?  According to their story she didn't even know if she could have kids, so I get why she's so thrilled with her baby.  But why she went into this marriage to begin with?  As I always say:  People are weird :)

• Love 7

Dmitri just got away with a one night stand because jocelyn might be joining the family? Hell no! He has zero respect for Ashley and their relationship, he needs to go!

Drew is ridiculous "My back was hurting before the horses and started hurting more while riding and then it all went to shit afterwards BUT, I stuck it out for April" (paraphrasing) I call BS because yeah, what does any wife want more than her husband writhing in pain on an anniversary trip? Instead of being able to call him out for the dumbass he is, she has to act all sweet and nice and loving because: two other wives who will happily give him the sympathy he's seeking and she'll be knocked to the bottom rung for not being a good wife. *insert eye roll here*

• Love 21

I agree with those upthread who suggest that much of this drama is faked.  

I'm guessing these folks know the game, and realize they have to give the show something to work with that's worth airing.

What I can't quite understand is why they're faking storylines that make them look so ridiculous.

I haven't watched this weeks' episode yet, but my favorite moment from last week was when Ashley/Dimitri and Jocelyn met and Ashley (as pregnant as she is and having pushed out a few kids already) asked Jocelyn (all Size 0 and 22 years old of her) whether she thought she'd experience jealousy.  Jocelyn sort of looked down her nose, snorted, and said "Ummm, No."

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, gardendiva said:

Of course Jocelyn claims not to be jealous. She is too young and beautiful to be upstaged by anyone...yet.

Yeah.  She was obviously, as the kids say, "throwing shade" at Ashley.  

BTW, thinking about what exactly Ashley would get out of this deal, Jocelyn is supposedly a flight attendant.  Unless she's were committed to quit her job if/when she became a "sister wife", I don't think she'd be around that much to help out around the house.  

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I love the thought process of a polygamist husband 'My first and second wives do not get along. What do I do? I know I get a third wife and she'll fix things between One and Two. That'll fix everything.'  Don't knock yourself out in fixing the problem. What? That didn't work. Oh well at least you get a third woman to sleep with. Is that how you fix all problems or is that Polygamist Husband 101 the answer to all problems is a new wife. My truck broke down and needs to be fixed I'll get a new wife. The washing machine is making that sound again I'll get another wife.  The window is broken, I guess I'll get a new wife.        

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, Palomar said:

Not to mention both Jocelyn and Dimitri are already saying they wouldn't want a rotation...that it would be more fluid than set days he would be with each wife.  How long before Ashley is completely shut out taking care of the kids herself? This chick is not ready for any kind of marriage, plural or otherwise....just a hook up or to be supported financially. I'll bet that is what happened the last time.

Ashley: This is not called polygamy, it is called cheating.

Omg, I missed that part about the rotation!  Come on, now.  I never thought Jocelyn ever really wanted to be a sister wife, and that just verifies it.  She has no interest in actually living in a polygamous marriage.  If the Browns taught us ANYTHING, it's that the wives need to be totally even stevens.  Could you imagine if THEY didn't have a rotation?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Omg, I missed that part about the rotation!  Come on, now.  I never thought Jocelyn ever really wanted to be a sister wife, and that just verifies it.  She has no interest in actually living in a polygamous marriage.  If the Browns taught us ANYTHING, it's that the wives need to be totally even stevens.  Could you imagine if THEY didn't have a rotation?

Absolutely.  Jocelyn gets 29 nights out of the month and Ashley gets 1.  The other night (if there are 31 days in the month) is spent trawling the internet in search of a new wife. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I love the thought process of a polygamist husband 'My first and second wives do not get along. What do I do? I know I get a third wife and she'll fix things between One and Two. That'll fix everything.'

To say nothing of his "this is between the wives, I'm staying out of it" attitude.  This is all about the fact that this dickhead thinks he needs more than one wife!

I'll reserve judgment a bit on the pregnancy issue until I have all the information.  But, yeah.  How in the hell does it get that far before you even bother to confirm the pregnancy?  And if she really never was pregnant, but had some sort of cyst or tumor growing fast enough in her uterus to expand her belly, I'd be worried.

I feel a little bad for how obsessed I am in laughing at Auralee's speech impediment.  It's like watching Elmer Fudd.  But I could swear that a couple of times this episode I heard April slip into that speech pattern as well.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

To say nothing of his "this is between the wives, I'm staying out of it" attitude.  This is all about the fact that this dickhead thinks he needs more than one wife!

Exactly, all the fighting and the problems is over you. Its because of you. How nice of you cause the problem and then do nothing to fix it.  

• Love 4

Percentage of Physical Therapists that would recommend horse-back-riding to their patients with bad backs?  Less than 0%.

Percentage of (presumably) widwives who go right to "have you had miscarriages before" when they can't hear a heartbeat?  Hopefully none beyond that woman!

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Percentage of (presumably) widwives who go right to "have you had miscarriages before" when they can't hear a heartbeat?  Hopefully none beyond that woman!

Good God I hope that was just re-enacted or made up for the show.  That scene broke my heart for her.  How can you make a statement like that without confirming with an ultrasound?  I expected her to say, "I'm having problems with the Doppler, let's get you to a doctor's office/clinic/ER." Nope.  Went straight to miscarriage.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

That was insane. We used midwives for my pregnancy care, and the one time they couldn't find the heartbeat they were like, "Oh, this is normal, don't worry" and we tried again later. I wasn't even alarmed, and EVERYTHING alarmed me during my pregnancy. And she said it in front of the children! I'm hoping it was all for the cameras because that was really bad. 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I'll reserve judgment a bit on the pregnancy issue until I have all the information.  But, yeah.  How in the hell does it get that far before you even bother to confirm the pregnancy?  And if she really never was pregnant, but had some sort of cyst or tumor growing fast enough in her uterus to expand her belly, I'd be worried.

I feel a little bad for how obsessed I am in laughing at Auralee's speech impediment.  It's like watching Elmer Fudd.  But I could swear that a couple of times this episode I heard April slip into that speech pattern as well.

April pronounced deal as dill, just like the Browns.  It wouldn't surprise me if April would make fun of Auralee in a passive-aggressive way by mispronouncing words in the same way.  They can barely conceal their hatred for one another.

I honestly don't see how ANY woman could be happy living polygamy.  I see it as just another way for men to control women, mostly in the guise of religion, and get more sex.  Nuts.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

And she said it in front of the children! I'm hoping it was all for the cameras because that was really bad. 

Even if it was those little kids take everything literally.  These people are all making the kids 'play along' so to speak, but how much they are comprehending or how they are processing it is not the same as the adults. They don't seem to have any real concern for using young children as pawns in their TV game.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Percentage of Physical Therapists that would recommend horse-back-riding to their patients with bad backs?  Less than 0%.

Right?  I have three herniated discs in my back.  I texted my mom when I was watching this to ask what kind of quack doctor recommends horseback riding when you have a bad back.  She immediately panicked thinking I was told to horseback ride!  No worries mom, I'm not that stupid.  I DID feel kind of bad for him because I've had to go to the ER a few times because I simply could not handle the pain.  You could tell by the way he was moving and his face that he really was in pain.  I don't think that was an act at ALL.  But man was it stupid to go horseback riding, especially when he was on the verge of a flare up when they went!

And why would you go to the effort of making a personalized onesie, tell all your kids they're getting another sibling and invite them in with you to hear the heartbeat before you've even heard it yourself?!  These people are idiots.

• Love 16

Good God I hope that was just re-enacted or made up for the show.  That scene broke my heart for her.  How can you make a statement like that without confirming with an ultrasound?  I expected her to say, "I'm having problems with the Doppler, let's get you to a doctor's office/clinic/ER." Nope.  Went straight to miscarriage.

Is it normal for someone to be 12 weeks pregnant without having gone to the doctor yet? That seemed really odd to me. It sounded like they were trying to locate the heartbeat for the first time, but she's already 12 weeks along.

Of all these idiots, I hate the Aldredges the least. I feel bad for them.

• Love 5

It is odd to say on TV that you think you're pregnant because you have 'all the signs' - as in a bloated abdomen. Did she ever pee on a readily available over-the-counter test? And if not, why in the world would you announce it to all the kids, on TV, complete with numbered shirts & a onesie?  But then again, he supposedly has another family somewhere, so these kids aren't even being numbered correctly.

Frankly, if he can pretend another wife & mass of kids doesn't exist, I can seriously side-eye this story line as well.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Is it normal for someone to be 12 weeks pregnant without having gone to the doctor yet? That seemed really odd to me. It sounded like they were trying to locate the heartbeat for the first time, but she's already 12 weeks along.

I never waited that long (usually between 6-8 weeks along) for any of my pregnancies, but I went to a garden variety OB, not a midwife, so I don't know if protocols are different.  Perhaps it is my experience with multiple miscarriages, but I would have never done any "firsts" in front of my other children or on camera until I knew for sure.  And, remembering my first one, if this was Vanessa's first one, OMG I feel terrible for having that announced in front a camera crew! 

Also, not sure if she did take a pee test, but I seem to recall that some cancers can register as a pregnancy due to the hormones?  Maybe?  Or I just made that up??

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Frankly, if he can pretend another wife & mass of kids doesn't exist, I can seriously side-eye this story line as well.

That is just so WEIRD.  As some have said above, it would be one thing to acknowledge their existence and then say, but they didn't want to be on camera (similar to the Osbourne's eldest daughter who didn't want to be a part of their reality show) - but they just act as if they do not exist!

• Love 4
On 2/15/2018 at 1:51 PM, Alapaki said:

Some PTs do recommend horseback riding to people with bad backs, as a good way to work on core strength and stability. BUT it would never be a once time joy ride. It’s usually built up to, and done in small controlled doses. 

Dimitri straight up cheated. And the deep meaningful conversationtaht flowed that they bother gushed about was obviously too boring to show... what they did show was stilted and awkward. I think calling a schedule “generic” was very telling about what they are going for and trying to come across as. 

I think it says a lot about their relationship that Sharis stayed on the room when the midwife was talking to Vanessa. 

Drew pushing past the phone to go lie down was awful! I have awful chronic pain, but if some one was on the phone talking about my child possibly having a broken neck/back... seriously!?!?! Also, the kid looked awfully calm/comfortable/happy/standing normally when she got on the phone if it was as bad as they said. Wife #2&3’s THs together look like stepford wives. 

• Love 8
On 2/11/2018 at 10:59 PM, woot said:

I’m absolutely disgusted by Dimitri.  He couldn’t turn down sleeping with a hot 22 year old while his preggo wife who’s about to pop sat at home trusting that he would respect the boundaries they agreed on.  This isn’t polygamy it’s an excuse for him to cheat on his wife while labelling it as something else.  All that being said... I do love this drama. 

I'm with you, very disgusted by Dimitri. He did seem quite thirsty in the previous episode.

Dimitri: "Everything just felt magical." That's because everything is new. You guys are just starting to date, and it probably has been a long time since you went on a date that was based on future possibilities (unlike how he and Ashley would date, where I'm guessing its based on keeping the connection in their relationship, and continuing to learn more about each other. I'm just guessing; I've never been married). The novelty is very fresh there. To me it was isn't polygamy, it was cheating. I know that they were seeking a potential sister wife, but they (Dimitri and Jocelyn) were just getting started. Magical my ass.

To me it was disrespectful to his wife (his pregnant wife, trusting him) and his kids. It seemed to be an act of Open Marriage rather than Polygamy. Even though I don't agree with either, there is a big difference. In polygamy, there is a marriage (or rather marriages) there. Even if some (or all) of them are not legal, there is a commitment there, and the women have their husband's name, indicating that they are a team. Open Marriage is when you just sleep with someone other than your spouse. I know that Jocelyn was being considered as a potential sister wife, but there was no commitment there.

Before watching this episode (which I am just catching up on, since I work long hours during the weekdays, and watch the episodes on YouTube or DailyMotion) I was thinking that Ashley was right to be cautious with Jocelyn. Concerned with whether Jocelyn was being sincere in her answers or just saying what she (Jocelyn) thought that they (Dimitri and Ashley) wanted to hear. Where Dimitri just just there thinking, "I want to hit that!"

If I were Ashley, I would take the kids and leave his ass (my first instinct would be to go Lorena Bobbitt on him, and then leave, but then I would link better of it). But then again, I'm not sure what they agreed on, but I feel that a line was crossed, a boundary broken. Yeah, she signed up for polygamy, but still. She's talking about "the sisterhood" but I'm sure that "sisterhood" does not translate in some woman you just met sleeping with your husband, that you let take out, while putting your trust in both in them both.

I did love the shade she threw at Jocelyn while Dimitri twas talking about their get together, the part when he was talking about how "she took the Saki straight like  shot." and Ashley responds, "Like a 22 year old."

Even though I am disgusted at Dimitri, I am also loving the drama.

ETA: I hope Dimitri wrapped it up before doing the deed. Just sayin.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

I'm with you, very disgusted by Dimitri. He did seem quite thirsty in the previous episode.

Dimitri: "Everything just felt magical." That's because everything is new. You guys are just starting to date, and it probably has been a long time since you went on a date that was based on future possibilities (unlike how he and Ashley would date, where I'm guessing its based on keeping the connection in their relationship, and continuing to learn more about each other. I'm just guessing; I've never been married). The novelty is very fresh there. To me it was isn't polygamy, it was cheating. I know that they were seeking a potential sister wife, but they (Dimitri and Jocelyn) were just getting started. Magical my ass.

To me it was disrespectful to his wife (his pregnant wife, trusting him) and his kids. It seemed to be an act of Open Marriage rather than Polygamy. Even though I don't agree with either, there is a big difference. In polygamy, there is a marriage (or rather marriages) there. Even if some (or all) of them are not legal, there is a commitment there, and the women have their husband's name, indicating that they are a team. Open Marriage is when you just sleep with someone other than your spouse. I know that Jocelyn was being considered as a potential sister wife, but there was no commitment there.

Before watching this episode (which I am just catching up on, since I work long hours during the weekdays, and watch the episodes on YouTube or DailyMotion) I was thinking that Ashley was right to be cautious with Jocelyn. Concerned with whether Jocelyn was being sincere in her answers or just saying what she (Jocelyn) thought that they (Dimitri and Ashley) wanted to hear. Where Dimitri just just there thinking, "I want to hit that!"

If I were Ashley, I would take the kids and leave his ass (my first instinct would be to go Lorena Bobbitt on him, and then leave, but then I would link better of it). But then again, I'm not sure what they agreed on, but I feel that a line was crossed, a boundary broken. Yeah, she signed up for polygamy, but still. She's talking about "the sisterhood" but I'm sure that "sisterhood" does not translate in some woman you just met sleeping with your husband, that you let take out, while putting your trust in both in them both.

I did love the shade she through at Jocelyn while Dimitri twas talking about their get together, the part when he was talking about how "she took the Saki straight like  shot." and Ashley responds, "Like a 22 year old."

Even though I am disgusted at Dimitri, I am also loving the drama.

There was so much sexual undertone to this comment.

• Love 1

I had a dish failure last week so I finally saw this episode in rerun.

Dimitri's a faithless horn dog, and Joselyn's no better, IMO.  She in it for the sex with a hot guy who will financially support her through her degree.  I'm betting there will be no baby for her, unless she has one to nail down child support.  I guess it depends on how high Dimitri's income is outside of the show.

The Allredges - thank God Melina has backed out, because I'm not sure I could handle her voice.  I feel like this family is the most staged of the three.  The way the littles were marched out and lined up in the backyard was odd.  But the interior of their house is so small maybe they had no room to do this outside.

The Brineys - I totally believe Drew's back was thrown out, but his physical therapist is incompetent for recommending horseback riding of all things.  I felt for him moaning in the grass, but had to giggle as one by one, a group of dogs decided to hangout and party in the grass.  The dog party would definitely have improved my mood. 

The tree branch falling on April's daughter is no joke.  A former co-worker lost one of her twins in this manner.  Last December in a rare Georgia snow storm, my cousin's wife was hit by a frozen tree limb and her spine is severed.  She is permanently paralyzed. 

I don't think I'll ever figure out whose kid is whose.  The Brown kids all look like their moms, and the Williams kids I sort of figured out.  Not here.  And Angela with no makeup looked a lot like Auralee.  I was worried about Auralee's little baby laying there alone with the pre-school girl strolling around with a hammer in her hands.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

The Allredges - thank God Melina has backed out, because I'm not sure I could handle her voice. 

Well you had better brace yourself.  Melina seems to be coming back into the picture.  She calls Sharis on next week's show - no doubt she has some sob story about why she didn't show up.

• Love 2