Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: 13 Is Enough!

• Start Topic

April and Drew Briney celebrate a milestone anniversary, while Angela and Auralee tend to the children. The Snowdens forge ahead with potential sister wife, Joselyn. The Alldredges regroup after Melina not showing up and focus on Vanessa's pregnancy.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, woot said:

If I was her I’d be out of there so fast, I’d take those kids and run.  I don’t blame Josclyn because she has nothing to lose by sleeping with Dimitri plus she doesn’t know what the boundaries are.  Dimitri on the other hand is completely at fault here and this is lwhy his first attempt at adding a sister wife failed.  They were supposed to be finding someone together but Dimitri’s D seems to be calling the shots. 

If she wanted to be a sister wife with them, she has something to lose. I can't honestly believe she didn't know what the boundaries were if they were all communicating before she even came. 

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Christi said:

Ok..seeing Chris Elliot rolling around writhing in pain like a baby was everything! Idiot is supposed to be the man to take care of his giant family? OMG..Ive had back surgery, and go in for steroid ephidurals about every 6 months for sciata.  Nard up dude!! jesus christ lolol

Next Dimitri's wife's reaction was everything i wanted and more!! omg lololol

Yeah, she isnt jealous at aaallllll...lolol

love love love tonite's show?

Wasn't it fun?  I didn't think I would like this show at first - and I honestly can't stand most of the people (I'm starting to like a couple of them - MAYBE) but it's certainly interesting! 

1 minute ago, shouldbedancing said:

Did the one who thinks she's pregnant take a pregnancy test or just her belly's getting big?

Seriously!  I wondered the same thing.  Previews make it sound like she might have a tumor or cyst or something.

• Love 10

Aaaand....     April's an anti-vaxxer.  Why does this not surprise me?

https://imgur.com/ImS107D

And Demitri isn't a totally honest, trustworthy man of his word?  Say it isn't so!

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/charter-school-co-founder-faces-new-allegations?page=2

While I've become completely burnt out on every Bravo show (though I still love reading the snark here!), this show is my new go-to under the "Shows That I Hate Myself for Watching"  category.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 16

Another epic moment for me was when Chris Elliott was rolling around on the ground with his mom jeans tucked in his boots, and those adorable dogs come running over like  vultures swooping down on an injured mouse...u seriously couldnt write this stuff???  

• Love 23
3 hours ago, woot said:

If I was her I’d be out of there so fast, I’d take those kids and run.  I don’t blame Josclyn because she has nothing to lose by sleeping with Dimitri plus she doesn’t know what the boundaries are.  Dimitri on the other hand is completely at fault here and this is lwhy his first attempt at adding a sister wife failed.  They were supposed to be finding someone together but Dimitri’s D seems to be calling the shots. 

I responded to an earlier post that both are coming at this with two completely separate pages/agendas even though they think they're on the same page. He is doing this all for ego strokes, the "man" of a new tribe, sleeping with a multitude of hot, young women who willing give birth to little Dmitri's. His own private harem. She is doing this because she sees the new tribe as a sort of marital communism, all the wives are best friends, helping each other with child rearing, sharing Dmitris bed so sexualty isn't required when they're too tired. She doesn't feel Dmitri really should have much of a say in the final choice which is why she holds the final say card. She seems to be mystified Dmitiri has now allowed his physical attraction to overcome his good sense twice. To her everyone's, including the new wife, compliance with the  "rules" are the most important  criteria for the choice. For him, sexual chemistry and getting his strange on are truly his only criteria for his choice.  I don't think Dmitris is ultimately calling the shots. Ashley has the final say. The only problem with that is she is so deluded thinking he is on the same page with her on his motivation for polygamy, it has resulted twice in him choosing someone he is more physically attracted to than Ashley. He can't keep it in his pants and at this point she is mystified why this has happened yet again. 

• Love 19

IMO best new reality show on TV. Love how there are 3 separate families so you get to see all the different rationalizations and motivations for why people adhere to their polygamous lifestyles. I also like the fact all the women are intelligent and attractive. This adds a completely new element to the "why" a woman would choose this lifestyle. I think the producers really put alot of thought into casting, not just choosing a bunch of Mormonesque scenarios.

• Love 8

Drew is such a sniveling little wuss. I've had back problems where I couldn't use crutches even if I wanted to, couldn't sit down, stand up, lay down...any of those things. Yeah, it's really, really painful. But they have this stuff for it, Drew, it's called FENTANYL AND ATIVAN!!! Go to the freaking ER, they'll hook you up with some! Oh but then you'd have to risk the "authorities"!!!! Scary!

And April with all her hand-wringing, "Oh honey I'm so sorry, what can I do?" Take him to the hospital if he's that bad, you idiot.

I thought I couldn't dislike Drew any more than I already did, but I was wrong. Him whining and not being able to stand there to hear about his child who had a tree limb smash into her back? I just. can't. even. with this guy. 

Suck it up. My back went out one day when I had to take my Mom for radiation therapy, 80 miles round trip. I took some pain meds, hid the crutches in the back of my car so she wouldn't see them (so at least she wouldn't worry for the first half of the trip!! Ha ha that's a necessary precaution with my Mom, she was a professional worrier) and I got her to her appointment. Her cancer trumped my back pain. Apparently his own kid's injury, even when it wasn't yet known how bad off the child was, does not trump HIS back pain. What a freaking loser.

Unless we find out he actually re-fractured his back, I'm sorry but I left my sympathy in my other pants.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Christi said:

Another epic moment for me was when Chris Elliott was rolling around on the ground with his mom jeans tucked in his boots, and those adorable dogs come running over like  vultures swooping down on an injured mouse...u seriously couldnt write this stuff???  

I saw those dogs come running and I just began laughing so hard. I could see that coming a mile away, as soon as the dogs noticed a guy on the ground I knew it was all over for Drew. I think one even parked at his crotch. Classic. And him laying there helpless and immobile...it was the funniest scene all night.

• Love 18

The Brineys and Alldredges are dull.  The only reason to watch is the Snowdens since they aren't doing it for religious reasons and I'm fascinated to see how this goes.  So far, hasn't disappointed!!!  A 30 minute Snowden show would be better.   Red flag when Dimitri and Joselyn were saying "oh no, wifey time is not on a schedule.  Just take it as it comes."  Good way for "wife" #1 to be completely ignored until the varnish is worn off the new "wife."   However, I did have pity for Drew writhing around in back pain.   Didn't understand how they weren't immediately going to the hospital to be with their daughter, ESPECIALLY since it seemed that Drewfus could also use some medical care.  Oh, by the way, having to refer to the other one was a "babysitter" was totally appropriate and not heartbreaking because that is what she was.  She is not another mother or other such nonsense.  

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 21

Dimitri is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. His overly excited demeanor while getting ready for his one on one date was bad enough, but gushing about the “sparks” he felt with Jocelyn after the date was a ridiculously stupid move. As much as Ashley might not claim to be a jealous woman (mmm hmmmm...) rubbing her nose in his immediate sexual attraction with another woman was dumb, dumb, dumb. Dude, play it cool! Let Ashley be the first one to get to know her, and NEVER allude to or make any kind of reference to the fact that you will be having sex with her. Even if you both know that will be happening, it can’t be talked about. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Christi said:

Lol and there were people walking by in the background totally not caring about the man on the ground writhing in pain as April is rubbing his back and the dogs swoop in......priceless.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, gardendiva said:

I saw those dogs come running and I just began laughing so hard. I could see that coming a mile away, as soon as the dogs noticed a guy on the ground I knew it was all over for Drew. I think one even parked at his crotch. Classic. And him laying there helpless and immobile...it was the funniest scene all night.

I also F'LOVE how the producers left that scene in, as well as Dimitri sneaking away.

They are filming a human zoo, and they know it.

• Love 17

The hangdog expression on Dimitri’s face both while Ashley was asking him if anything happened as well as talking head later was hilarious. I wish I were better at technical stuff because I would find a pic of a dog getting scolded and put it next to a still from yesterday’s show and they would look very similar. And Ashley’s side eye and exaggerated calm did not conceal very well her anger simmering beneath the surface.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, grammaester said:

I responded to an earlier post that both are coming at this with two completely separate pages/agendas even though they think they're on the same page. He is doing this all for ego strokes, the "man" of a new tribe, sleeping with a multitude of hot, young women who willing give birth to little Dmitri's. His own private harem. She is doing this because she sees the new tribe as a sort of marital communism, all the wives are best friends, helping each other with child rearing, sharing Dmitris bed so sexualty isn't required when they're too tired. She doesn't feel Dmitri really should have much of a say in the final choice which is why she holds the final say card. She seems to be mystified Dmitiri has now allowed his physical attraction to overcome his good sense twice. To her everyone's, including the new wife, compliance with the  "rules" are the most important  criteria for the choice. For him, sexual chemistry and getting his strange on are truly his only criteria for his choice.  I don't think Dmitris is ultimately calling the shots. Ashley has the final say. The only problem with that is she is so deluded thinking he is on the same page with her on his motivation for polygamy, it has resulted twice in him choosing someone he is more physically attracted to than Ashley. He can't keep it in his pants and at this point she is mystified why this has happened yet again. 

This 1000%.  I couldn't agree more with this assessment.  Ashley thinks she will look at a "sister wife" as an equal...but, ultimately, she wants someone who can follow her rules and directions and, as a reward, gets to sleep with Dmitri.  And for him?  Obviously by his behavior with Joselyn it is all about the sex.  What I found really bothersome was the preview for next week - Ashley basically saying something like, "she better own up to what happened or it is over."  Sweetie, shouldn't you be taking out your anger at Dmitri?  After all, he's the one you are "married" to with three children!

Makes you wonder what the whole story was with the other potential candidate that Ashley needed a year to get over....

• Love 21
5 hours ago, gardendiva said:

Oh my gosh - do ANY of you watch Game of Thrones????  RAMSEY BOLTON!!   'nuff said!!!    (I was DYING!)   HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

EDIT:  For those of you who don't watch Game of Thrones.....  Ramsey Bolton was the biggest A-hole since the dawn of time.... and his dogs ATE him, starting with his face.  His fault - he starved them so that they would eat his enemies.  Plus he fed his stepmother and new baby brother to the same dogs.  Poetic justice.  

I was waiting to see Drew munched.  HUGE disappointment.  Maybe TLC turned the cameras off so the viewers wouldn't see the gore....??!?

Edited by Kyanight
cuz.
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, grammaester said:

This sums up the entire family.  Nicely put!

And Ashley is very jealous. Does she not realize she is jealous?  

Dimitri is a fake intellectual. He is pretending to be so progressive and open to new cultures etc.  Dimitri wants to have sex with young women while having the benefits of Ashley as his wife. Plus, he is a liar.  I don't know if their monogamous marriage will survive, let alone adding another wife or two or three. 

Jocelyn is not sister wife material.  She was just in it for some TV time or thought being a side piece would be fun & he could take care of her.  If she were interested in being in a plural marriage, she would meet the wife, the kids, etc.  I think Big Love used the expression "dating all of us". 

• Love 18

I don’t mean to diminish Drew’s pain, as I have had my share of pain from spinal issues , but I cannot help but wonder if Mr Man Drew uses his “pain” as an excuse for not fulfilling his manly duties with the wives?! His wives are so clingy and can’t stand each other. Yuck. 

Dimitri had to go and ruin everything because he couldn’t keep it in his pants. Good thing, too, because if Jocelyn were truly serious about joining their family there’s no way she would have hopped in the sack with him on the first date. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Marigold said:

This sums up the entire family.  Nicely put!

And Ashley is very jealous. Does she not realize she is jealous?  

Dimitri is a fake intellectual. He is pretending to be so progressive and open to new cultures etc.  Dimitri wants to have sex with young women while having the benefits of Ashley as his wife. Plus, he is a liar.  I don't know if their monogamous marriage will survive, let alone adding another wife or two or three. 

Jocelyn is not sister wife material.  She was just in it for some TV time or thought being a side piece would be fun & he could take care of her.  If she were interested in being in a plural marriage, she would meet the wife, the kids, etc.  I think Big Love used the expression "dating all of us". 

Except Dimitri didn't even marry ASHLEY!!  Supposedly he wants all of his harem... OH!  Excuse me... all of the women in his TRIBE... to be equal!  

I think Ashley is either A.) in denial about her jealousy or (more likely) B.) pretending HARD not to be jealous because it will make Dimitri mad and she is doing all of this to hang onto her man.

Edited by Kyanight
Unlike most online sites these days, I have a compulsion to proofread and correct
  • Love 15

Others here have said it better than I, but Ashley is sooo jealous--however she will try to intellectualize and rationalize her feelings and call it something else. She'll probably say it was more about breaking their agreement, boundaries, etc. instead--honey, a rose by any other name means your man is a horny hound-dog.

Even without the endless teaser of the morning after being played, you could tell what was going to happen during the lunch date and later at the solo dinner date. When Joselyn looked into Dimitri's eyes and asked, "Do you believe in love at first sight?" and he gazed back and said he did--I knew then and there they were gonna have "intimacy."

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
52 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Except Dimitri didn't even marry ASHLEY!!  Supposedly he wants all of his harem... OH!  Excuse me... all of the women in his TRIBE... to be equal!  

I think Ashley is either A.) in denial about her jealousy or (more likely) B.) pretending HARD not to be jealous because it will make Dimitri mad and she is doing all of this to hang onto her man.

That's right! i forgot they aren't even married legally, just a spiritual marriage.  Ashley deserves much better than Dimitri.  She seems like a smart, nice lady. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

La Famille Drew, oh my stars and garters. Auralee makes sure she lays a big smoochy smooch on Drew, and clings to him with a beatific smile on her face, before he and April leave. ("see? I am a perfect sister wife! I am devoted and I am not jealous. I adore you without reservation! Your happiness is my happiness! I ask nothing of you except that you sometimes have sex with me!") April possessively snakes her arm around Drew's waist, even walking through the house. Why are Angela and Auralee so overwhelmed by watching all the kids? Supposedly these trips away are a frequent occurrence. Why not enlist the help of the older kids to play with the younger ones? Or park them all in front of a movie? Angela is making lunch as quickly as possible, says the frazzled Auralee. Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Angela is making BLT's, as leisurely as if she had all afternoon. (And really? BLT's for 15 is a quick lunch? Get those kids some peanut butter and jelly!) Oh noes! Kyra is being brought to the hospital following an accident! (seriously, I hope the kid is OK). April says wanly "that's why I support this lifestyle. One of my sister wives was there watching my kids". Yeah, god forbid a professional nanny or day care provider was in charge. OH, NO! Tragique! They have to dissemble to the ER nurse! Believe me, she does not give a shit about your polygamous menage. Drew of course has to make it all about him. I simply cannot with these awful, self absorbed twits.

You have all unpacked the Dmitri/Ashley drama better than I ever could. He's just terrible. A con man and a sleaze. Ashley should run, not walk away from this.

Yes I did notice Auralee smooching and grabbing him like that. It's in stark difference to Kody and his wives being sure not to show affection in front of each other. I'm not buying the sweetness that Auralee tries to put out there. 

I also thought it strange they were making a big deal about watching all the kids. With birthdays and anniversaries for 3 wives I'm sure a trip with Drew is a frequent occurrence that they deal with through out the year. 

Angela--who I really do not care for (she's the innocent intellectual peacemaker?) struggled making those sandwiches. She looked like she was trying to make picture perfect restaurant sandwiches. I could see her not trying to be close to the other kids. She seems standoffish. 

8 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I'd never go for a sister wife kind of set up, but if I did, I'd hope for a situation like Vanessa and Sharis. They seem genuinely at peace with one another. They seem to actually CARE about each other. Vanessa seemed to really feel bad for Sharis when she was upset that Melina never showed up, and Sharis seemed genuinely excited about Vanessa having a baby, AND genuinely concerned now that it looks like something may go wrong with this pregnancy (I too wondered, did you not take a test? Is she just assuming she's pregnant? Why so much confusion?)...but anyway, my point is I could actually see Sharis comforting Vanessa if it's a miscarriage. 

It's kind of interesting to see, after seeing so many women who are about ready to punch and kick each other. Of all the sister wives I've ever seen, these seem to be the only two who actually give a rip about each other.

I agree. These sister wives are the only ones I have seen that seem to genuinely try and have worked out a good routine. I do feel Vanessa can turn bitchy real quick--but for the most part they have things worked out. 

I am assuming Vanessa has skipped her period 3 months? She said there were signs. And maybe did a home pregnancy test? The woman has several children so I'm sure she would know her body--and not just some weight gain?

• Love 13

I want to know the whole story about what led up to the intimacy between Dimitri and Joselyn.  We see them have dinner and she leaves with a car service.  Then we learn that they met up again after the camera crew left.  How did this happen?  Who texted who and where did they meet back up?  Did they really go to another club and then back to where Joselyn was staying?  It seems likely to me that Dimitri left the restaurant and went straight to her place.  He lied to Ashley when he said they had to go to another bar because the restaurant closed.  

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Didn't understand how they weren't immediately going to the hospital to be with their daughter, ESPECIALLY since it seemed that Drewfus could also use some medical care.

Drewfus!!! LOL, that is PERFECT! Oh, you're killing me...I'll never again think of him as anything but Drewfus!

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I want to know the whole story about what led up to the intimacy between Dimitri and Joselyn.  We see them have dinner and she leaves with a car service.  Then we learn that they met up again after the camera crew left.  How did this happen?  Who texted who and where did they meet back up?  Did they really go to another club and then back to where Joselyn was staying?  It seems likely to me that Dimitri left the restaurant and went straight to her place.  He lied to Ashley when he said they had to go to another bar because the restaurant closed.  

I think that is how it went down too.  I'm sure that "morning after" discussion between Ashley and Dmitri was longer than shown on TV, and he probably talked himself into a corner then just finally admitted what happened (instead of sticking with the "another bar" story).  He probs got home at like 3 in the morning.

On a side note: I know all of the talking heads are done after production, but I do find it interesting that they don't even hide that they were done pretty much all in succession.  You can tell by Ashley's purple shirt because she's had it on in like every TH.  So, the TH they had about meeting Joselyn was done at the same time as the TH after the Sex Night....

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MoodyGirl said:

Yes I did notice Auralee smooching and grabbing him like that. It's in stark difference to Kody and his wives being sure not to show affection in front of each other. I'm not buying the sweetness that Auralee tries to put out there

it's all a bitchy act.  Definitely. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

it's all a bitchy act.  Definitely. 

Right???  And in next week's preview, she's spinning it (to Drew) that April and Angela, the new wife, are the wives who don't get along.  She's one stealth b........

• Love 6

This whole Dimitri/Ashley/Joselyn situation is ridiculous. The rules have been spelled out - Dimitri even spouted off about them in a TH. The man has a partner who is agreeing to allow sex outside the relationship and he couldn't even hold off long enough to get her on board with the new chick. This was a straight up betrayal. And this girl is not thinking about Ashley and has no interest in her. Seriously, are they trying to make this situation as obvious as it is to the viewers? Dimitri was way too happy about this date - he couldn't even pretend to keep himself in check for the cameras. And then he couldn't even keep it in his pants for one damn date. 

Dude is seriously playing this all wrong - unless he really doesn't give a crap and is just going to have his fun until Ashley wakes up and kicks his ass to the curb. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, SL16 said:

Are we going to get any resolution at all on the Melina situation? Are we just supposed to act like it never happened?

Yeah, I want to know.

April and Drew - Their daughter may have a broken back and they stay on the ranch? I would be home before the xrays were finished.

Ashley and Dimitri - Do you suppose he'll use her comment about saving his lunging for Joselyn as Ashley's approval for "intimacy"? He was trying on his date clothes and he did some lunges toward Ashley and she told him to save it. A manipulative creep like him could take that as permission to do whatever. Just sayin'.......

• Love 5