Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Kellyn Bechtold

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Kellyn Bechtold (Naviti Tribe)

Hometown: North Manchester, Indiana
Current residence: Denver, Colorado

Three words to describe you: Empathetic, effervescent, and excitable.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I will survive because of my innate ability to make people feel comfortable. I don't give up. I'm a resilient person who has done a lot to design my own life. I have the mental and physical stamina to last, even if I don't look like it. I think I am just sweet and sour enough to come out on top.

Kellyn Bechtold’s Full Bio

I like her a lot less now that I read the three things she'd bring would be Skittles, cards and tampons.  Gah.  I have trouble believing she's a superfan.   Does she think the women players are out there... stuffing leaves in their bikinis?  

"I love Kellyn," says executive producer and host Jeff Probst. "Kellyn would be my second pick to win. If I could pick a man and a woman, I would pick Kellyn and Wendell. 

Everyone seems to like her and I think more pundits than just Jeff have favored her for the win.  Some combination of being so sweet and seemingly flakey that she becomes everyones totally non threatening security blanket snuggly and then, boom she's at the end and everyone likes her?  IDK.   Her interviews sound a little irritating.  

How are you with someone for 6 years, get married and then realize on the honeymoon, no this isn't right?

About her castin video:  "And I think I was so vulnerable and genuine and I had watched videos where people said, “Just be yourself.” And I find the best way to live life is to be yourself and be vulnerable and tell the truth about who you are and where you want to go. That’s how you can relate to people. And people fall in love with you for being genuine. Then they feel like they can be genuine and then they can love themselves more. I’ve been saying that empathy is my superpower. The only thing different about that in “Survivor” is…I’m going to use that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, marys1000 said:

"I love Kellyn," says executive producer and host Jeff Probst. "Kellyn would be my second pick to win. If I could pick a man and a woman, I would pick Kellyn and Wendell. 

Well fucking great now I hate them both!

• Love 2

LMAO yea. I was aghast. I had to pause it to talk to my sisters about how unbelievably stupid that was. I wanted to like her, but I don't know. And in the first ep I really thought she might be a winner candidate, but now I'm really questioning that because she was just stupid in this ep.

• Love 2
(edited)

That whole Naviti tribe was stupid and childish.  Brad was the worst.  Sitting there with Brendan and complaining about how much worse their beach is.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a group that was swapped act so miserable.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
On 3/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, marys1000 said:

It meant they are not winning lol Jeff had nice words too for Brendan and James, I guess they are not winning as well!

• Love 1

I mean Jeff picked Ciera to win Game Changers and she got booted first. So it is not like he has a great track record with these things, though Wendell I think is a solid pick.

14 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Am I right that Kellyn was the one at the well like "Welp, we're staying Naviti Strong so you guys are fucked, sorry!"?  Because that was not a good way to handle that.

Yep she said since the other tribe had majority screw her old tribe mates. So stupid 

12 hours ago, LanceM said:

I mean Jeff picked Ciera to win Game Changers and she got booted first. So it is not like he has a great track record with these things, though Wendell I think is a solid pick.

Do you think he would just randomly say things that he doesn't necessarily believe just to throw everyone off track?  I don't see Probst as the type but maybe. 

23 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

That whole Naviti tribe was stupid and childish.  Brad was the worst.  Sitting there with Brendan and complaining about how much worse their beach is.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a group that was swapped act so miserable.  

For real. Even on that season where there were Miserable and Five Star Comfy tribes, the ones who switched from Five Star to Miserable showed better grace than those - although, maybe they felt some guilt on how bad the others had had it.

But Kellyn is now on the tribe that is on her former camp, right? 

• Love 2

When I was watching Kellyn in the challenge tonight, all I could think of was someone was giving Eliza Orlins a run for their money in bringing on over dramatic faces.  Seriously, Libby's all calm, cool, and collected, and Kellyn looks like she's being sent to permanent exile if she loses.  Way too over dramatic with the faces and Price Is Right winning reaction.  And more "Naviti strong!" yet she didn't even vote Libby.  I don't think Des and Angela were aware that the plan was unanimous to vote out Chris.  

Really can not stand her.  Hope she is gone sooner rather than later.  No wonder her and Bradley hooked up.  I can only imagine how she'll build herself and game play up in her exit interviews.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Yeah I'd like to say it was Chelsea who squashed that idea to vote LIbby. The edit certainly made it seem like it in that was as she got the last word in by telling the other three that "we have to vote smart".  But who knows.  Its not like we got anything tonight from the women since the only people that matter to the editors are Dom and Chris. I also find it hilarious that we did not get any reaction whatsoever from Kellyn about Bradley being gone.  Like seriously, that is what people have been talking about since last week wondering what Kellyn's reaction would be. Than we get nothing. lol

• Love 4

I was making the same kind of agonized faces she was at the challenge when Kellyn won immunity and got to witter on about living her Survivor dream and is just the luckiest, pluckiest girl in the world.  She's writing a Broadway musical about herself in her head at all times, I'm convinced.

• Love 7
(edited)

Yeah that was funny, too.  

Oh I didn’t realize Brendan and his son were one.  Brendan was funny.  

Apoarently I zoned out a lot of scenes.  When was the “boom” with the v fingers?  

Edited by Guest