Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
kariyaki

S04.E12: Ask Him about Stella

Recommended Posts

Quote

Annalise deals with an unforeseen issue after damaging details about a key witness are exposed in her case to help Laurel. The 'K4' continue their efforts to help build a case for Annalise’s class action lawsuit.

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

Wow..that was intense....Great episode...and the scariest I'd ever seen Jimmy Smits...

I was seriously afraid he'd attack Annalise towards the end there. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

My God, Viola Davis is beautiful. She looked amazing in this episode.

Is Denver gonna be the next K5 victim? It wouldn't surprise me.

I was wondering they were going to set up the crossover with Scandal. Annalise trying to revive the class action suit with Olivia's help makes sense.

Isaac is one messed up dude - but now I understand why. He clearly regrets getting sucked into the AK vortex, and who can blame him.

Something tells me that Coliver wedding won't happen. Not while the Simon thing is still hanging over everyone's heads.

Why does Bonnie have a gun? I didn't get that.

Baby Christopher is adorable. Still do not trust Laurel's mom.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The Keating 4 (5) are so much better when they are working on a case that really matters instead of trying to hide dead bodies especially with their competitive juices revved up as they tried to one-up each other.

I cannot think the last time the group were genuinely happy as when jumping up and down chanting wedding.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

The Keating 4 (5) are so much better when they are working on a case that really matters instead of trying to hide dead bodies especially with their competitive juices revved up as they tried to one-up each other.

Agreed. It's good to see them actually working together and talking their plans out among each other. 

Quote

I cannot think the last time the group were genuinely happy as when jumping up and down chanting wedding.

Right :D? That was a cute moment. If/when the wedding actually does happen, it'll be fun to see how involved everyone gets on the day itself. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The whole gang (minus Michaela) jumping around chanting wedding over and over was so adorable. I like the K4 plus Oliver when they're working on cases, being competitive, and acting like young adults hanging out with their friends. Plus, Connor goes back to law school! I figured he would, now that he found his legal fire raging against the machine, but it was still nice to see. 

Isaac is clearly a mess, glad that Annalise pulled the plug on that bad idea train. She already hooked up with one of her shrinks, and we all saw how well that went. I really thought he might attack her in that last scene. Of course, people do tend to get caught up in Annalises drama vortex, so I get where he is coming from. 

So, this cross over is gonna be a thing now, huh? I guess this is a way to make it happen that makes sense, but it also means I have to catch up on Scandal, and that just sounds...tiring. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed this.. Somehiw I'm not excited fir the crossover... I gave up on scandal years ago.. And tho she's awesome that lil mini rant  she had in the preview turned me off... I do want more on the wes front tho.. And damn Jimmy smith was scary.. He flew off the handle so quick.. Him and Viola had it going

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Even just from the brief exchange shown in the preview between her and Viola, I wanted to punch Kerry "I Act with My Lower Lip" Washington right in said lower lip.  I accidentally watched half of an episode of Scandal some seasons ago and was appalled by how dreadful it, its writing, and its acting were.  Holy god, am I dreading this crossover.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's not too tough to give a couple minutes crash-course on what Scandal is about, so I trust the show(s) can get that much right. Indeed, the last minute of this episode gave much of what one needs-- Olivia Pope is a high-powered DC fixer who has worked under two presidents getting out of scandals. If there hadn't been commercials spoiling the cross-over, I would have lost it. That had been something I wanted when Murder first began. Indeed in like the second season when AK gave Nate a number to call, I'd hoped it was Olivia's.

In addition, we'll have to get introduced to Olivia's crew, presumably, although maybe it's just Olivia who makes it over. I gave up on Scandal about two seasons ago, so I don't know who all's still left. 

I do like the notion of Huck exchanging hacking tips with Oliver and murder/murder coverup tips with Frank and the rest of the gang (although one of the many reasons I gave up on the show is my inability to stand Huck).

I just hope that it's not a situation where you have to watch both that week's episode of Scandal and Murder to get what's going on.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I just hope that it's not a situation where you have to watch both that week's episode of Scandal and Murder to get what's going on.

From what I've heard thus far, it sounds like it will be:

Quote

The first hour, "Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself," will kick off on Olivia's D.C. home turf when she gets a surprise visit from none other than Annalise. The famed criminal defense attorney is actually there to seek the fixer's help in fast-tracking a class action lawsuit to the Supreme Court—her own! But given Ms. Pope's recent White House fallout, will she even be able to help?

You'll have to keep watching into the second hour, "Lahey v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania," when Olivia continues to use her political connections, fighting to get Annalise's case heard in federal court. 

https://www.tvinsider.com/665417/scandal-how-to-get-away-with-murder-crossover-episode-details/

Edited by Annber03

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, stonehaven said:

Wow..that was intense....Great episode...and the scariest I'd ever seen Jimmy Smits...

In the last scene between Jimmy and Viola, I was like these are actors. Head and shoulders over the rest of the cast. Kerry Washington is going to drag down Viola Davis.

9 hours ago, nilyank said:

The Keating 4 (5) are so much better when they are working on a case that really matters instead of trying to hide dead bodies especially with their competitive juices revved up as they tried to one-up each other.

I cannot think the last time the group were genuinely happy as when jumping up and down chanting wedding.

The four friends being so excited about the wedding was cute. So was Asher in baking mode. Made me want a brownie! And I like that Connor has found his passion for law. Not everyone wants the BigLaw job.

2 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I think it's not too tough to give a couple minutes crash-course on what Scandal is about, so I trust the show(s) can get that much right. Indeed, the last minute of this episode gave much of what one needs-- Olivia Pope is a high-powered DC fixer who has worked under two presidents getting out of scandals. If there hadn't been commercials spoiling the cross-over, I would have lost it. That had been something I wanted when Murder first began. Indeed in like the second season when AK gave Nate a number to call, I'd hoped it was Olivia's.

In addition, we'll have to get introduced to Olivia's crew, presumably, although maybe it's just Olivia who makes it over. I gave up on Scandal about two seasons ago, so I don't know who all's still left. 

I do like the notion of Huck exchanging hacking tips with Oliver and murder/murder coverup tips with Frank and the rest of the gang (although one of the many reasons I gave up on the show is my inability to stand Huck).

I just hope that it's not a situation where you have to watch both that week's episode of Scandal and Murder to get what's going on.

I wonder how they will add in the rest of the Scandal cast because they (rightfully) hate Olivia in show-time. Olivia isn't a fixer anymore and she's a pariah. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, project90 said:

oh OK never herd of it before

Just curious how you've never seen or heard of the lead character on the show right before this one the whole time? Not judging for not watching the show but even the ad campaign for Thursday's is Annalise, Olivia and Meredith Grey at the very least.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Great episode. The set up for the crossover at the end with Olivia's appearance was a nice bit. Actually didn't expect the cameo.

Annalise really called out Isaac on his toxic messiness was pretty good even though I thought he was going to attack him. I doubt this is the end for him.

If Bonnie was worried for her safety before, then she really have to be now. Denver will probably try to kill her now.

Nice to see the Keating 5 being competitive with the face case bit for this episode. I do hope Connor/Oliver's wedding goes through but Simon being around might hinder that.

I liked that Laurel named the baby Christopher and that Frank confronted Sandrine about Wes, 8/10

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Even just from the brief exchange shown in the preview between her and Viola, I wanted to punch Kerry "I Act with My Lower Lip" Washington right in said lower lip.  I accidentally watched half of an episode of Scandal some seasons ago and was appalled by how dreadful it, its writing, and its acting were.  Holy god, am I dreading this crossover.

I won't watch it. I can't tolerate Kerry Washington's "acting" and the scene they kept playing "this is my town..." or whatever she was saying made me roll my eyes so hard I thought they'd never come back. Viola is a great actress but even she can't that degree of overacting and I don't want to see Viola dragged down. I haven't even seen Scandal in years cause it got so awful, but I can see from that short clip that not only has it not changed, it has, in fact, gotten worse and I find that utterly amazing.

Last night seemed like a decent enough episode but I haven't seen it in a while, so I don't have a whole lot of context. However, I still detest Laurel. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I can't with Isaac. It turns out that he's barely sober, lying about how long he's been sober, and can only maintain his tenuous grip on his sobriety provided no one really mentions the circumstances surrounding his daughter's death. I don't know how he got the cojones to be the addiction medicine physician for the professional licensing boards. His hypocrisy is deep.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, I remember when that prosecutor Bonnie was dealing with had longer hair and everyone thought he could be a Michael Jackson impersonator. (The actor's name is John Hensley and he's probably most famous for his role on the Nip/Tuck series.)

Viola and Jimmy killed it in that final confrontation scene. It's great to see two stellar actors upping each others' game.

Quote

Kerry Washington is going to drag down Viola Davis.

Probably. Viola likely won't up Kerry's game because unfortunately Kerry's probably already doing the best she can. Bless her heart. ?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Kerry Washington has expressed her intense admiration for Viola in interviews and knows she's not as great an actor as Viola. This makes me forgive her for her shortcomings.

I was horrified by Isaac. He blames Annalise for his problems but if he hadn't been unprofessional with her in the first place, he wouldn't have been in any trouble at all right now. I was so relieved when Annalise didn't fall for his BS and resisted both the kissing and the deflections. All episode I was horrified that she was seeming to be tempted along those lines. She really has come a long way in terms of her sobriety and her self-respect.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Heh, I remember when that prosecutor Bonnie was dealing with had longer hair and everyone thought he could be a Michael Jackson impersonator. (The actor's name is John Hensley and he's probably most famous for his role on the Nip/Tuck series.)

Was that Hello Kitty Michael Jackson?*

*If you were around in the TWoP days, there were people who thought he looked like Michael Jackson, people who thought he looked like Hello Kitty, and a group who thought he looked like both.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Just curious how you've never seen or heard of the lead character on the show right before this one the whole time? Not judging for not watching the show but even the ad campaign for Thursday's is Annalise, Olivia and Meredith Grey at the very least.

Not speaking for the original poster, but I can see how it is possible if you only record a show or watch On Demand, which is my preferred viewing choice.  I vaguely know who Olivia is, but I couldn't tell you a thing about Meredith if you paid me.  

In any case, I've always been leery of Isaac.  I seem to recall a phone call near the beginning of the season that seemed suspicious.  I wish I could remember what was said, but it was something that had me wondering if he was up to to no good.  

Edited by Fable
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Just curious how you've never seen or heard of the lead character on the show right before this one the whole time? Not judging for not watching the show but even the ad campaign for Thursday's is Annalise, Olivia and Meredith Grey at the very least.

Not original poster, and I did come across the TGIT campaign long time ago after binge watching the first season and checking if there were more, but in theory quite easily if one watches on Netflix or on the local network in another country. Canada, for example, has different promos and airs HTGAWM and Scandal at different times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, project90 said:

hmm my post got deleted explaining how I watch maybe my answer broke the rules 

 

short answer I live in Australia

Great. I was just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

My God, Viola Davis is beautiful. She looked amazing in this episode.

Is Denver gonna be the next K5 victim? It wouldn't surprise me.

I was wondering they were going to set up the crossover with Scandal. Annalise trying to revive the class action suit with Olivia's help makes sense.

Isaac is one messed up dude - but now I understand why. He clearly regrets getting sucked into the AK vortex, and who can blame him.

Something tells me that Coliver wedding won't happen. Not while the Simon thing is still hanging over everyone's heads.

Why does Bonnie have a gun? I didn't get that.

Baby Christopher is adorable. Still do not trust Laurel's mom.

She really is beautiful. I think Denver will stick around. He works well as the main big bad. I actually liked the set up fr the crossover.  It makes sense that Micheala would know/seek her out. She's the sort of strong woman that Micheal looks up to and aspires to be like

23 hours ago, nilyank said:

The Keating 4 (5) are so much better when they are working on a case that really matters instead of trying to hide dead bodies especially with their competitive juices revved up as they tried to one-up each other.

I cannot think the last time the group were genuinely happy as when jumping up and down chanting wedding.

I was just thinking how mature they seemed. The usual bickering is still there, but at least the show demonstrated that they have managed to learn something.

22 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I enjoyed this.. Somehiw I'm not excited fir the crossover... I gave up on scandal years ago.. And tho she's awesome that lil mini rant  she had in the preview turned me off... I do want more on the wes front tho.. And damn Jimmy smith was scary.. He flew off the handle so quick.. Him and Viola had it going

I think (hope) this will be more like season 1 Scandal/Olivia back when she did more "fixing". 

20 hours ago, project90 said:

who was the lady at the very end?

 Olivia Pope from Scandal. Her character is loosely based on real life fixer  Judy Smith. 

14 hours ago, ChuckWagon said:

Not well.

But, hey, welcome to our hell.

I don't think you have to watch Scandal to follow. Micheala's intro pretty summed up what she could do as well as the professor who was introducing her to the class.  In fact given the many twist and turn Scandal took over the  past 7 years, I think  it probably is more helpful not to have watched Scandal. 

The Laurel storyline still bugs a  bit. Why was the nurse wearing gloves and Frank, Laurel & Sandrine came in straight off the street?  I still don't know where they are going with the Wes deal, but I kinda get the feeling that momma Sandrine may run off somewhere with him 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

The Laurel storyline still bugs a  bit. Why was the nurse wearing gloves and Frank, Laurel & Sandrine came in straight off the street?  I still don't know where they are going with the Wes deal, but I kinda get the feeling that momma Sandrine may run off somewhere with him 

There are many things that could 'bug' about the Laurel storyline, but a nurse wearing gloves?! That's protocol in many (most?) places, especially with babies. Family doesn't have to wear gloves, but healthcare providers do. Think of all the patients and bodily fluids a nurse touches in a day. Handwashing is great, but handwashing + gloves are better.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I think it's not too tough to give a couple minutes crash-course on what Scandal is about, so I trust the show(s) can get that much right. Indeed, the last minute of this episode gave much of what one needs-- Olivia Pope is a high-powered DC fixer who has worked under two presidents getting out of scandals. If there hadn't been commercials spoiling the cross-over, I would have lost it. That had been something I wanted when Murder first began. Indeed in like the second season when AK gave Nate a number to call, I'd hoped it was Olivia's.

In addition, we'll have to get introduced to Olivia's crew, presumably, although maybe it's just Olivia who makes it over. I gave up on Scandal about two seasons ago, so I don't know who all's still left. 

I do like the notion of Huck exchanging hacking tips with Oliver and murder/murder coverup tips with Frank and the rest of the gang (although one of the many reasons I gave up on the show is my inability to stand Huck).

I just hope that it's not a situation where you have to watch both that week's episode of Scandal and Murder to get what's going on.

I think every single character is a murderer now. Or all but one. They're all monsters, but don't see themselves as such. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Back on topic,

I think that Isaac has a point.  He wouldn't be in this situation unless he was helping Annalise.  That's no excuse for using, but since when has an addict needed an excuse for using?  It never occurred to Annalise that Isaac was high when she knocked on the door?

Bonnie just can't get it right, can she? She tries to be like Annalise, but just doesn't have that unidentifiable quality that Annalise has that makes her so compelling.

Can't wait to see Laurel's mom's (what IS her name?) answer Frank about Wes.

Is K Pex a thing? Never heard of it until this show.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, project90 said:

they all killers on Scandal as well ?

Scandal's characters have a way higher body count than Murder.

Murder's only got 4 characters who are actual killers (Wes, Frank, Bonnie and Asher) and collectively, they've killed maybe 10 people (Sam, Lila, Dominic, Papa Mahoney, Papa Bonnie, Rebecca and ADA Smugface, plus a few I'm probably forgetting). 

In Scandal's world, a super-secret spy agency is really running everything. The long-time head of it is Olivia's father. Her sometimes-boyfriend, Jake, and her long-time associate, Huck, used to belong to it. As of a couple years ago, Huck's on-screen body count must have been in the dozens, including an entire bus of people who were grand jurors and a bunch of dealers at a drug house. That's not even counting the people he killed prior to leaving the agency.

Huck took on another of Olivia's protegees in the ways of spydom, and she had a relationship with yet another guy from the spy agency. I assume at some point Quinn has killed people, but I don't specifically remember who.

Let's see....Olivia herself has killed, but that was when she had been kidnapped.

Her other sometimes-boyfriend, Fitz Grant, the former president of the U.S., smothered a Supreme Court justice. 

I don't know about the rest. But I think it fair that the entire Scandal crew has covered up multiple murders and worse over the years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Fable said:

Not speaking for the original poster, but I can see how it is possible if you only record a show or watch On Demand, which is my preferred viewing choice.  I vaguely know who Olivia is, but I couldn't tell you a thing about Meredith if you paid me.  

  

Also, in defense of that poster:

I know who Kerry Washington is, but couldn't have picked her out of a line up. I know Scandal is a show on tv, but couldn't have told you what channel it was on or that it comes on right before HTGAWM or that Kerry Washington was on it or that the main character was named Olivia or even what the show was about beyond that it has to do with some sort of scandal. 

I trust that I don't need to catch up on anything or watch another show to understand the introduction of a new character here. It'll be fine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

Back on topic,

I think that Isaac has a point.  He wouldn't be in this situation unless he was helping Annalise.  That's no excuse for using, but since when has an addict needed an excuse for using?  It never occurred to Annalise that Isaac was high when she knocked on the door?

Bonnie just can't get it right, can she? She tries to be like Annalise, but just doesn't have that unidentifiable quality that Annalise has that makes her so compelling.

Can't wait to see Laurel's mom's (what IS her name?) answer Frank about Wes.

Is K Pex a thing? Never heard of it until this show.

I don't believe Isaac.  The ease in which he purchased those drugs, combined with thee fact that it was his drugs that Stella found in the first place leads me to believe this isn't the first time he's relapsed. Now I think back to every time we've seen Isaac curled up in  chair like that in his office and I suspect he was high then. It's starting to feel like the ex-wife was right to go to AK in the first place..

That brings me to my next question; Is Isaac technically still seeing AK as her therapist? Is he sending fake reports to the law board?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I kind of just don't care about this crossover. I don't watch Scandal and even though at least from the HTGAWM side of things these feels like a logical turning point for the story and not a shoe-horned plot, I'm just kind of meh. Also I always thought the point of crossovers was to drum up viewerships for the involved shows, but Scandal is in its last season. Are they trying to get those viewers to jump ship to HTGAWM? And we have to wait until March for this episode? Why? Is ABC just gonna throw reruns in, expecting low viewership due to the Olympics being on a competing channel.

Also, since we will apparently have to watch the Scandal episode to get the whole story, will the Scandal and HTGAWM forums get their own crossover event threads or will those of us who don't watch Scandal have to wander over to that forum to comment on the episode? Asking the important questions here, people.

I haven't been crazy about Jimmy Smits on this show (I think he works best with more charming characters who are given moments of humor; I adored him on The West Wing and he was one of the lone bright spots in the later seasons of Sons of Anarchy), but the last scene with Isaac and Annalise was fire. She is not even remotely to blame for his addiction problems but I believed that Isaac really felt she was. He just needs to get his life sorted out. For once it's Annalise that's getting pulled into somebody else's destructive vortex, not the other way around. I hope she can resist and focus on herself, because she's got a lot going for her.

Sandrine's disdain for Frank mirrors my own and even though she's probably shady as hell and had something to do with Wes's death, I support her.

On 2/8/2018 at 11:15 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

Why does Bonnie have a gun? I didn't get that.

Denver's been kind of going back and forth on whether or not Bonnie just a mole for Annalise, but pretending to help that ADA with Isaac's case all but confirmed that she is. She's scared she's gonna be the next dead body and is taking steps to prevent that. She doesn't want to be the next Wes.

On 2/8/2018 at 11:16 PM, nilyank said:

The Keating 4 (5) are so much better when they are working on a case that really matters instead of trying to hide dead bodies especially with their competitive juices revved up as they tried to one-up each other.

I loved when they were all trying to take credit for the opening statement and Annalise had to remind them that there was no more trophy. It was a nice callback to season one and a reminder of the dynamic that has always been essential to the K5.

11 hours ago, Anela said:

I think every single character is a murderer now. Or all but one. They're all monsters, but don't see themselves as such. 

Only actual murderers from the main cast are Frank, Wes, Bonnie, and Asher, and Wes himself is now gone. In like late season two/early season three it felt like they were heading down the path of eventually making all of the characters except Annalise murderers, and I hope they stay going in that direction. They haven't had a new main character commit murder since mid-season two (Frank kills people all the time so the shock of that has pretty much worn off), and I think they're overdue.

5 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

Can't wait to see Laurel's mom's (what IS her name?) answer Frank about Wes.

Sandrine Castillo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, project90 said:

they all killers on Scandal as well ?

The characters on Scandal make the HTGAWM people look like angels.

I wonder if Bonnie will meet Olivia or anyone else from Scandal. Didn't the actress play that girl who got killed way back in season 1 of Scandal? They could throw in some meta jokes about that.

50 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

I kind of just don't care about this crossover. I don't watch Scandal and even though at least from the HTGAWM side of things these feels like a logical turning point for the story and not a shoe-horned plot, I'm just kind of meh. Also I always thought the point of crossovers was to drum up viewerships for the involved shows, but Scandal is in its last season. Are they trying to get those viewers to jump ship to HTGAWM?

I have a feeling they are doing it because Shonda just felt like it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

I kind of just don't care about this crossover. I don't watch Scandal and even though at least from the HTGAWM side of things these feels like a logical turning point for the story and not a shoe-horned plot, I'm just kind of meh. Also I always thought the point of crossovers was to drum up viewerships for the involved shows, but Scandal is in its last season. Are they trying to get those viewers to jump ship to HTGAWM? And we have to wait until March for this episode? Why? Is ABC just gonna throw reruns in, expecting low viewership due to the Olympics being on a competing channel.

Also, since we will apparently have to watch the Scandal episode to get the whole story, will the Scandal and HTGAWM forums get their own crossover event threads or will those of us who don't watch Scandal have to wander over to that forum to comment on the episode? Asking the important questions here, people.

As a fewer of both shows I think they work both ways. If you don't watch Scandal the HTGAWM eps will hold up as a standalone ep. From what I read this was Pete's idea.  I think Shonda liked it since it gives her a way to given Scandal a nice send off. I always got the sence that Greys' & Scandal were Shonda's favorite of her network shows. Certainly having a network block of Greys-Scandal-HTGAWM was huge for Shondaland productions. I also don't think if Scandal hadn't become the live tweeting popular show it was we would have HTGAWM.

Short answer. You don't need to watch Scandal to enjoy this. If you don't ordinarily watch Scandal, just stay here and post on HTGAWM.

The show is off or in repeats until March 1 because of the Olympics. A lot of  other shows are either not airing or showing repeats.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, project90 said:

they all killers on Scandal as well ?

Yes. More killers there than here, I think.

Lolita Davidovitch lost her accent a few times. It bugged me. Her character doesn't really need to be French except to give Karla Souza a chance to show off her fluency. (I can't blame her. If I spoke three languages, I'd want to show off too. If I could pick a superpower, it would be fluency in every language.)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sioux21 said:

Also, in defense of that poster:

I know who Kerry Washington is, but couldn't have picked her out of a line up. I know Scandal is a show on tv, but couldn't have told you what channel it was on or that it comes on right before HTGAWM or that Kerry Washington was on it or that the main character was named Olivia or even what the show was about beyond that it has to do with some sort of scandal. 

I trust that I don't need to catch up on anything or watch another show to understand the introduction of a new character here. It'll be fine.

I trusted that too, and then the Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends crossover happened. As someone who watches exactly one of those shows, I was utterly lost and ultimately gave up.

I know the name of the show Scandal, I do recognize Kerry Washington and might have been able to come up with the name Olivia Pope, and I also know the show takes place in Washington DC. I am really not looking forward to this crossover simply because it feels superfluous, it adds an extra hour of TV I am obligated to watch, and that I need to figure out the scheduling for. I have no idea what show is on before HTGAWM where I live, but I think Scandal is on an entirely different channel. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Not while the Simon thing is still hanging over everyone's heads.

Based on this week's episode, it seems like everyone has completely forgotten about Simon and that whole storyline.

Quote

I haven't even seen Scandal in years cause it got so awful, but I can see from that short clip that not only has it not changed, it has, in fact, gotten worse and I find that utterly amazing.

Oh, you have NO idea how ridiculous it's gotten.

Quote

No idea if the Connor/Oliver wedding will happen, but if it does, what do you bet it ends with someone getting murdered?

I'm hoping it's something like the Moldavian massacre at that wedding on "Dynasty" and that a good portion of the cast is eliminated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, secnarf said:

I trusted that too, and then the Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends crossover happened. As someone who watches exactly one of those shows, I was utterly lost and ultimately gave up.

I know the name of the show Scandal, I do recognize Kerry Washington and might have been able to come up with the name Olivia Pope, and I also know the show takes place in Washington DC.

This should be very different and that crossover was understandably beyond overkill. There were like over 20 characters main and minor flip flopping from show to show. That crossover was more of a Berlanti showing what he did. "Look at this massive universe I built under my banner!"

Olivia Pope is a political fixer. The end. That's pretty much all anyone needs to know. It's no different than when Eve would appear in town and help Annalise out. On Scandal they'll probably say Annalise is a lawyer with a case. If you miss an hour of one or the other they'll probably put a throwaway line about what happened so no one is confused and with the way Scandal is going this season nothing from the episode will matter in the long run. 

If people don't watch Scandal, they'll likely be fine. If they do, then it's a nice bonus. I have full confidence what they do in the episode won't rely on knowing Olivia Pope was once kidnapped and held for ransom or she once helped steal an election. She had a function before the show started (as in her origin didn't start with the series) and that base function is what she'll be there to do. The same applies to Annalise. 

3 hours ago, J-Man said:

I'm hoping it's something like the Moldavian massacre at that wedding on "Dynasty" and that a good portion of the cast is eliminated.

As soon as I saw the guy from Nip/Tuck appear I guessed either he or Denver would bite it and it would probably tie in with Connor's wedding only because for once they're allowing themselves to be happy.

6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Yes. More killers there than here, I think.

Scandal has approached The Vampire Diaries "we're all a bunch of murderers and we can't decide which murders we're okay with" levels of nonsense. So I am glad it is ending. A character named Quinn might be upset that Olivia killed someone forgetting she herself has tortured and killed people before for a living. Another character, Cyrus, once mourned the death of his husband who he himself tried to have killed a season before. At least on HTGAWM they generally don't "want" to do it or it happens by accident. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, FiveByFive said:
6 hours ago, secnarf said:

I trusted that too, and then the Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends crossover happened. As someone who watches exactly one of those shows, I was utterly lost and ultimately gave up.

I know the name of the show Scandal, I do recognize Kerry Washington and might have been able to come up with the name Olivia Pope, and I also know the show takes place in Washington DC.

This should be very different and that crossover was understandably beyond overkill. There were like over 20 characters main and minor flip flopping from show to show. That crossover was more of a Berlanti showing what he did. "Look at this massive universe I built under my banner!"

Olivia Pope is a political fixer. The end. That's pretty much all anyone needs to know. It's no different than when Eve would appear in town and help Annalise out. On Scandal they'll probably say Annalise is a lawyer with a case. If you miss an hour of one or the other they'll probably put a throwaway line about what happened so no one is confused and with the way Scandal is going this season nothing from the episode will matter in the long run. 

If people don't watch Scandal, they'll likely be fine. If they do, then it's a nice bonus. I have full confidence what they do in the episode won't rely on knowing Olivia Pope was once kidnapped and held for ransom or she once helped steal an election. She had a function before the show started (as in her origin didn't start with the series) and that base function is what she'll be there to do. The same applies to Annalise. 

Exactly. That's why I reposted the clip. Between what Micheala said and the guy who was introducing her as a guest speaker for the class that's all you need to know. If you are not a Scandal fan, please don't feel obligated to watch.

6 hours ago, secnarf said:

I trusted that too, and then the Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends crossover happened. As someone who watches exactly one of those shows, I was utterly lost and ultimately gave up.

I know the name of the show Scandal, I do recognize Kerry Washington and might have been able to come up with the name Olivia Pope, and I also know the show takes place in Washington DC. I am really not looking forward to this crossover simply because it feels superfluous, it adds an extra hour of TV I am obligated to watch, and that I need to figure out the scheduling for. I have no idea what show is on before HTGAWM where I live, but I think Scandal is on an entirely different channel. 

Aren't you in the US?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size