Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Libby Vincek

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Libby Vincek (Malolo Tribe)

Hometown: Houston, Texas
Current residence: Houston, Texas

Three words to describe you: Adventurous, strong, and outgoing.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
Because I know that I can outlast and outplay! I work out a lot. I have endurance, I danced for 12 years. I have balance. I've completed tough mudders, marathons, and other races so I can get myself through challenges.

My social game is strong. Making friends and alliances wouldn't be an issue for me. Though I now work with technology and digital media, I grew up camping, hunting, and fishing. I love the outdoors so I know I can use that experience and those skills to outlast those 39 days. I'm strong, smart, and pretty and I know how to use it.

Libby Vincek’s Full Bio

(edited)

I'm getting mixed experiences from different interviews.  Most make it sound like she hasn't watched Survivor much.  Jeff Probst says it was a REQUIREMENT to be a superfan.  I'm pretty sure that she was casted before despite NOT being a superfan.  And Probst wants to bring her back already.  

Edit  - oh yea right here in this interview she says she is not a superfan.  Started watching after being cast.  
https://www.globaltv.com/survivor/latest/rating-the-survivor-ghost-island-cast/

I don't like her.  There are other comments in answer to these questions so I cherry pickd a little.  

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
Elisabeth Filarski-Hasselbeck.I continued to follow her in all aspects of life, from standing up for her beliefs to working with people who stand on her same side. I am a strong believer in my faith and when it comes to politics, let's just say I'm a true southern girl. She is a badass blonde, but shows that her faith and family come first. To be able to balance all of that like she does makes her a hero and a mentor to me.

UGH!!!  Cant stand Elizabeth.  

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
My Bible because my faith is everything, a baseball hat, and a huge bag of my family's smokehouse Turkey Jerky.

Turkey Jerkey!?!?!?!?

What's your reason for being on Survivor? I feel like God's been putting me through challenges and experiences in life to prepare me for this.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?  Jenna because of her strategy to flirt to the finish. 

Hated Jenna the stripper.  

And Jeff is already planning to bring her back!!!!  So she might as well go home NOW

"Libby reminds me a lot of Andrea Boehlke," says executive producer and host Jeff Probst. "When Andrea was first on the show, we liked her, but we weren't sure if she would stand up and be counted or if she would fall over. Libby, I feel the same way. I could see her being a perennial returning player, and I don't know anything about her! And yet, if she got slammed in the second episode, then I would say, 'Well, that's OK. You could always try again.'"

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
(edited)

Found a few other tidbits, model, Miss Texas Co-ed pagent queen, job with Disney as a Disney Princess.  Fuck those pagent girls are tough.  Supposedly she was living in Nashville as this "social media strategist" but I see on twitter she is a Texas motorway Sweetheart girl (sort of like a cheerleader in skimpy black leather?)

http://www.tvovermind.com/entertainment-news/five-things-didnt-know-libby-vincek

I'm trying to find out how she got cast.  I'm wondering if there is a family connection or something like that one other stupid texas blond. 

Edited by marys1000
(edited)

Are Jeff’s comments from before the season filmed/aired?  Because if so, I totally want this to backfire on his face and be wrong yet again.

I couldn’t stand Elisabeth on the show.  And was Jenna really a flirt?  I don’t know if stripping for peanut butter is flirting.

My guess is they were looking specifically for Libby’s type or she had a connection with someone from the show.  I’ve seen former Survivors post on their SM pages now and then that casting is looking for certain types.  No wonder they’ve had trouble casting the last few seasons (and from what I heard S37 isn’t going well either).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Jeff's comments were from before the game, which is why they are kind of funny after these two episodes in which LIbby had no confessionals and was barely shown speaking at all.

• Love 1

In the preview for next episode buff swap - they are all standing there prior to his swap announcement and he is asking how the tribes are getting along  and he specifically calls on Libby to speak for Malolo.  So she gets a speaking moment there for the first time.  

(edited)

I loved Elizabeth on Survivor. I mean I hate her now, but I still loved her on Survivor.

I'm with you on hoping for something good outta Libby, @KimberStormer. I think she's a real dark horse who might emerge as a big player. Although I thought that about Michelle in MvGX and look how that turned out!

Also, I feel like Libby will get tons of unwarranted hate online and that alone will likely make me root for her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just laughed because Morgan went on and on about Libby the adorable at TC, and Libby was probably silently thinking ‘please stop, please stop, I’m about to blindside you.’  Glad we actually saw more of the cast this week.  I think the only ones who haven’t had a TH or much screen time at all has been Des and Chelsea.

I’m on the fence with her right now.  I hope she’s a player and not someone who’s wishy washy about voting people out. 

Edited by LadyChatts
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:58 AM, marys1000 said:

Did you like Hasselback too?

I've never seen Australia (but I adored her on The Look For Less) but as far as I know Elisabeth had the adorable part but not the deadly part?  As a baby-faced blonde who has been constantly condescended to and underestimated my whole life long, I have a soft spot for any cute-as-a-button Survivor blonde (like my Survivor daughter Jefra) but I am inevitably disappointed when they turn out not to have the killer instinct for betrayal that produces the sort of gameplay I enjoy.  Libby talking about enjoying lying and cutting Morgan's throat is at least a step in the right direction, and I believe according to Josh Wigler or someone (Rob talked about this on his podcast, where he was not in favor of Libby's overt villainousness) she gave a stone-cold staredown to Gonzalez on her way out as well.  Too soon to say of course, but I can hope.

It is impossible to overstate how much I do not care about Survivor contestants', or indeed any celebrities', political opinions.

• Love 5
(edited)

The combo of innocent looks and deadly gameplay is very enticing, I hope she keeps it up!

Edited by NutMeg
missed an s so wrote he instead of she - I swear, I'm NOT a dumb blond, because there's no such thing as a dumb blonde
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh, I care about their political opinions. Deeply. It's why I was sure I would hate Libby. But so far she hasn't said anything about her (terrible) political opinions (or her religion), so I can freely enjoy her lol. But I assume eventually her confessionals will start getting annoying and I will hate her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
To take out Kimber's quote because I was afraid it came off like I was coming at her for her not caring lol.
  • Love 2

I'm opposite of her beliefs-wise but I appreciate that she is at least tolerant, so if she keeps her beliefs (incl. her christianity) out of the game, no harm no foul from me.  I also prefer a superfan to a recruit but at least she didn't claim superfan and was honest that she only watched in prep.  And I don't think turkey jerky is at all a bad thing to wish to have out there, especially compared to Kellyn's lame answer of Skittles and tampons.  

I do think she's overestimating how much her outdoorsy experience will matter.  I don't think it ever does.  I guess it might help determine who's got the grit to not quit but quitting doesn't seem to be an issue lately.  And Fiji looks like an easy locale so I'm guessing quitting won't be much of an issue going forward, either.  

I have a strong problems with nepotism and don't care for recruits.  So many people want and audition for years to be on Survivor I just don't understand the need.  
I have no proof that she got recruited in response to some family connection but something about Probst's comments got my antennae perked up.  He just loved her so much and wanted to bring her back again even though he didn't know her.  That was sort of enough for me. 

Edited by marys1000
1 hour ago, marys1000 said:

I just don't understand the need.  

They've said before the applicants are virtually all white people who've been on reality tv before.  I'm good with recruiting.  

Libby is exactly the kind of person the casting staff adores and seeks -- drop dead gorgeous, outspoken, interesting job or hobbies, and unique but also strongly similar to some Survivor superstar, in this case Andrea.  I'm not surprised they stumbled upon her.  I'm sure they peruse the books of modeling agencies.  

3 hours ago, marys1000 said:

I have no proof that she got recruited in response to some family connection but something about Probst's comments got my antennae perked up.  He just loved her so much and wanted to bring her back again even though he didn't know her.  That was sort of enough for me. 

Is she related to someone from Survivor?

1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

They've said before the applicants are virtually all white people who've been on reality tv before.  I'm good with recruiting.  

Libby is exactly the kind of person the casting staff adores and seeks -- drop dead gorgeous, outspoken, interesting job or hobbies, and unique but also strongly similar to some Survivor superstar, in this case Andrea.  I'm not surprised they stumbled upon her.  I'm sure they peruse the books of modeling agencies.  

Well to each his own but I hate everythign about this paragraph.  That's for the Bachelor and Big Brother.  Can't the rest of us have at least one show with real people?   I also disagree with the applicants have all been on reality tv before.  Unless you meant recruits.  Applicants are like Angela and Donathan.  

Not to my knowledge is she related.  But ever since that one recruit whose Daddy was friends with Burnett I get suspicious.  

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1

I don't know that they do much better recruiting POC, and portraying those that aren't a walking stereotype (or that get an invisible edit).  I get the argument about casting real fans vs recruits.  But super fans have become really obnoxious in the last few seasons, and I know the show is partially to blame for that.  I just think doing so many returning player seasons since HvsV, and bringing back the same players over and over again, makes people want to stand out in anyway possible.  This current cast annoyed me with talks of 'queen of chaos' and making big moves and being remembered.  On the other hand, I do feel for the true fans of the show that get passed over because they aren't a twenty something with a bikini body, has a man bun, or abs of steel. 

I don't see Libby as an Andrea level player yet, and I don't know if that's the best comparison for someone anyway.  I like Andrea, but she doesn't have the best track record of not getting blindsided (especially with an idol in her pocket). 

Not to my knowledge is she related.  But ever since that one recruit whose Daddy was friends with Burnett I get suspicious.  

Who was that?

And, do players who are recruited still have to go through the whole application process?  Or is directly to interviews for them?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

They don't have to take applicants that are superfans. Surely people apply and send in tapes who aren't all superfans.   Geez how quickly I forget the woman fisherman from last season who went with her sister and got cast?  Surely people apply because they like Survivor or just heard about it a castin and go stand in line for lack of anything better to do,  or did it on a joke, they don't all have to be a Jacob or Shirin. 

And if recruiting - remember the Tony Soprano guy?  He had never heard of Survivor, they just approached him in a bar and he said ok.  I remember these people.  I rarely ever remember mactors whether they applied or were recruited.  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't see Libby as an Andrea level player yet, and I don't know if that's the best comparison for someone anyway.  I like Andrea, but she doesn't have the best track record of not getting blindsided (especially with an idol in her pocket). 

Who was that?

And, do players who are recruited still have to go through the whole application process?  Or is directly to interviews for them?

How many Andrea's have there been? Seems like about 3 or 4 all blond young things but they just blur together.  

Alecia Holden in Kaoh Rong.  Her daddy was a big boxing promoter and she kept saying that made her a fighter.  Big eye roll, I read up on her and she never did anything that her Daddy didn't pay for or take care of for her.  Anyway Burnett did a show on boxing back in the day in Vegas when her dad was a big boxing promoter in Vegas. I'm not saying they were lifelong friends but they definately knew each other and I'm not saying I KNOW, but  there were comments from Probst as well that made me pretty sure there was an in for her. 

Good question IDK.  I got the impression that Libby interviewed with someone, maybe not Jeff?  because there was also that comment where Probst says he wants to have her come back and doesn't even know her.....?

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

Well to each his own but I hate everythign about this paragraph.  That's for the Bachelor and Big Brother.  Can't the rest of us have at least one show with real people?   I also disagree with the applicants have all been on reality tv before.  Unless you meant recruits.  Applicants are like Angela and Donathan.  

Not being argumentative, I get your view.  But to me, the ones they cast are real people.  They might have more interesting things in their lives going on so they're not the first to think of making reality tv audition tapes.  I love superfans.  But I don't want to see people who've been on House Hunters, The Bachelor, Road Rules, The Glee Project, Star Search and whatever else B-Z level reality shows, who are just looking to make a career of show hopping.  

We don't know what the applicant pool looks like.  We see a tiny percentage and they're apparently the best of the pool.  If the people who do see the whole pool tell me it's 90%+ white reality show vets, I have no reason to doubt them.  Recruiting is expensive.  Why bother if the applicant pool is full of diverse, interesting people?

I do like eye candy.  I like shows with pretty scenery, sets, clothes and people.  I don't want to see Naked & Afraid.  Survivor doesn't have to be all 10s but if it looks like my local WalMart out there, I'm not watching for long unless they're super fascinating.  And they rarely are.  But I don't love the 'lingering on her butt' shots, either.  

I figure that if they stuck to the applicant pool we'd have casts full of Will Sims types,  but all white.  Dull, unattractive, wanna-bes  who've never done anything interesting who think they're bound for stardom because they have some Youtube followers.  

I remember that 'knows Burnett' chick.  She's the one the neanderthals Scot and Jason called "Blondie".  I didn't like her, either.