Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Jenna Bowman

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Jenna Bowman (Malolo Tribe)

Hometown: Detroit, Michigan
Current residence: Venice Beach, California

Three words to describe you: Creative, open minded, and adventurous.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I have been able to manifest anything and everything I've ever wanted in my life—it's pretty cool. Not to brag, but I say I want something and I always get it. So hopefully by saying "I'll survive," I will win or at least come out of the experience with nothing but a profound appreciation of what I just accomplished.

Jenna Bowman's Full Bio

Gordon Holmes interview

https://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2018/02/02/survivor-castaway-jenna-dont-enemies-jury-didnt-play-right/

"If you don’t have enemies on the jury, then you didn’t play right"

She does realize tat the jury has to vote for you, right?

Interview with Josh Wigler

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-ghost-island-jenna-bowman-preseason-interview-1079642

Poor Jenna seems to suffer from the same affliction that plagued Ashley last pre-season, namely the dreaded "resting bitch face". Lots of negative impressions from the other cast members. We will have to see if like Ashley she can overcome this when they hit the beach.

Edited by LanceM

I did a small amount of googling for Jenna last night, wondering if she was doing show promotion at home in Michigan or out in California her new home.  Looked at her Instagram pics, didn't find much info, one article from the Birmingham news. No mentions of promotions or watch parties. 

Some pics on instagram are posted as Williams Lake which is sort of on the outskirts of Birmingham.  Her bio says Detroit, HA!  Birmingham is an extremely wealthy suburb and lake property is always more expensive.  This is sort of like saying your are from one of the poorest countries in the world when you are from one of the richest.  I suppose Detroit has more name recognition but most other contestents don't do this, like why does Bradley list Haslett and not Lansing?  There are also pictures from Walloon Lake in northern Michigan which is one of the bigger lakes near Charlevoix, another very high end expensive summer lake/town.  Someone told me she came from money and is always traveling, that part seems true. Did a zillow search on Walloon Lake and the properties for sale, the cheapest at 1M to 4.5M. Its possible the pics are from a rental I suppose.  Do people with million dollar homes rent them out?  P.S. I'm from Michigan. 

She graduated from Michigan State in 2015 and from what I can gather on instagram she seems to mostly have traveled around and hung out after,  plus time on Fiji.  She now lists her address in Venice Californiainstagram shows that as of about 6 months ago where she has a job.  But then come the pics from FL where I'm assuming she is spending time with Sea-Bass.  

Other than that I was astounded by how different she looks in all her pictures.  Literally like different people in many many shots.  Some are very glammed selfies that look nothing like the chubby cheeked sweetly pretty girl on Survivor, others look slightly less glamorous but still very Cali girly girl.  Some are of her rear end in a thong bathing suit and I only mention that because I found one interview where she says "and there I was and I got this totally random call from Survivor"

So she is a recruit but how did they find her?  She doesn't say.  Even if she met someone who knew someone from casting, wouldn't she know that was the connection and it wouldn't seem so random?  Does Survivor production troll Instagram looking for nice butts or what?  

Still don't see her with Sea Bass.  Yes she def seemes like a beach bunny, most her destinations were the cali coast, mexico etc. but nice nails, expensive hair, Kim K wanna be look,  just a weird pair to me. 

This is from pre-interviews

What do other castaways think about Jenna

Sebastian - Sebastian Noel (Fishing Guide, Naviti Tribe): "Immediate attraction. She gets me, and I get her. I feel like we could work well, as far as we can go, without trying to be flirtatious. I'm not here to fall in love or anything like that, but the attraction is there for both of us, I can tell. It's going to be hard to not show that."

Jenna about Sea Bass

enna Bowman (Advertising Account Executive, Malolo Tribe): "That's my crush. (Big smile.) That's my crush! It's the man bun. I can't. I can't even look at him. It's the man bun, I think. And I'm from Detroit (oh honey,  not really)! Tanned surfers do not look like that in Detroit. Especially being on an island? It's like, yes. Absolute yes. We've already flirted a little bit. We'll wink at each other. "

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-ghost-island-jenna-bowman-preseason-interview-1079642

Did they get in a little bit more than winks pre season?  Is jenna got an in with the other alliance?  Did that influence Brendan's ouster over Stephanie jenna's bud?

Edited by marys1000

Is it possible to not share the impending showmance talk outside the spoiler thread?  I'm assuming that's where it's originating.  I didn't know Jenna and Sebastian were a thing but now I figure they're both in it for a while.  I heard here Michael and Libby had something too so now when they're in danger on the show, I assume it's not one of them going.  Kind of spoils it a little.  

It could be that the producers put Detroit  as her hometown.  I know in the past they listed occupations for contestants that weren’t there actually jobs at the time (Ryan from last season being an example).  Or like when half the cast is from LA but they put their respective hometowns down as their current city.

• Love 1

I've been reluctant to mention showmances outside the spoiler thread for the reason @Winston9-DT3 mentioned. Showmances along with social media friendships are pretty much the entire basis for whatever constitutes spoilers these days, at least in the newbie seasons. If two people are in a relationship but on two different tribes, you can surmise they both are safe until the merge or at least the tribe swap. I don't know. I mean, I always read spoiler threads so it doesn't bother me, but if preview talk is verboten in anything but the spoiler/spec threads, than it seems like discussion of post-show relationships should be also. 

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 2

I didn't realize the preview showed them cozying up because I just didn't happen to watch it, but I usually do.  So no harm.  But I did find myself wishing I hadn't read here about Libby and Michael because I think the last two weeks, it spoiled at least part of the boot suspense.  Not that that's any huge deal.  But I'd prefer not to know.  

I suppose players could be early boots AND be in a relationship but it seems kind of unlikely.  Are they even sequestered together, pre-jury?  

2 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I suppose players could be early boots AND be in a relationship but it seems kind of unlikely.  Are they even sequestered together, pre-jury? 

The pre-jury boots stay at Ponderosa until the jury begins and then they get to travel on the show's dime. After their early ousters in Game Changers, Sandra, JT, and Tony toured Vietnam together.

• Love 1

I won’t lie that a small part of me gets skeptical about showmances and couples being so open about them, for 3 little words-The Amazing Race.  Especially after last season with Team Big Brother, and all the attention Cody/Jess have gotten since departing the BB house.  So even if these are the real deal, I still can’t help but think they simply want a fan base, which will help them get opportunities, and to get enough attention for TAR.  I thought Joe/Sierra were bad about their relationship, but at least they haven’t done a couples instagram.

And what will these guys call themselves-Jennbass?  Seanna?

• Love 1

Also,  I don't like it because it makes me think they made jury and hooked up there. It's kind of spoilery even though it isn't. I wish the contestants weren't allowed any social media (about the game or with other castaways) until they have been voted out. I like a little mystery.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I won’t lie that a small part of me gets skeptical about showmances and couples being so open about them, for 3 little words-The Amazing Race.  Especially after last season with Team Big Brother, and all the attention Cody/Jess have gotten since departing the BB house.  So even if these are the real deal, I still can’t help but think they simply want a fan base, which will help them get opportunities, and to get enough attention for TAR.  I thought Joe/Sierra were bad about their relationship, but at least they haven’t done a couples instagram.

And what will these guys call themselves-Jennbass?  Seanna?

Well based on their joint Instagram, they call themselves Tarzan and Jen.

I was leafing through their pics, which at first I thought seemed fun and very sweet, but then after awhile, they just seem so over-the-top.  I mean, someone had to take all those photos. Are they walking around with a photographer?  Planning multiple photo sessions?  Because a lot of the pix seem very posed -- even cuddling in bed together, seemingly post-coital.  So, yeah, it seems like they are in love, but it does seem like they are milking it for publicity.

• Love 2
(edited)

What kind of a reality couple doesn’t combined their names lol I’m actually surprised TPTB let them have this account while the show is airing. When I first heard about it I would have bet money it was fake.    What’s weird to me, besides the pictures, is that one of them makes some mushy gushy post, and you can’t  tell which one said it (usually) until the other one responds from their own personal IG.  I feel like it’s having a conversation with yourself.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

What kind of a reality couple doesn’t combined their names lol I’m actually surprised TPTB let them have this account while the show is airing. When I first heard about it I would have bet money it was fake.    What’s weird to me, besides the pictures, is that one of them makes some mushy gushy post, and you can’t  tell which one said it (usually) until the other one responds from their own personal IG.  I feel like it’s having a conversation with yourself.

Haha, totally!  I have a shriveled-up old prune for a heart, but with this kind of over-the-top, public show of love, I kind of feel like it won't last all that long.

• Love 2