Type keyword(s) to search

S36: James Lim

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

James Lim (Malolo Tribe)

Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Current residence: New York, New York

Three words to describe you: Astute, resolute, and ambitious.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
There is no magic formula to winning Survivor. However, there are qualities that will help players get far. I believe I have most of them—I am team-oriented, athletic, outgoing, and tenacious. I will focus on being a helpful, likable asset to those around me, and on the down low strategically pave my path to the very end.

James Lim’s Full Bio

23 minutes ago, 303420 said:

I'm just here to say that he's hot AF.

I think he's much better looking than in his pre-show photos.  But I usually think the men look better scruffed up anyway.  I hated how he choked during the second IC.  Glad it didn't cost him.  I'd like to see him go far. 

Good relationship info

https://parade.com/658334/mikebloom/survivor-ghost-island-james-lim-takes-a-deep-dive-into-his-game/

From another interview

Jeff Probst told us that he was worried you would not be able to make personal connections out on the island and recommended in casting that you listen to a Tony Robbins podcast to help with that. And he feels you were able to use that and make connections because of it. What can you say about that?
What really happened is when they interviewed me, they already had my bio, my psychological evaluation, my IQ results. And the story I got was that when they saw my IQ results — which , as Jeff said, were the all-time record and all that — their impression was that “This guy is just the smart robot of the season.” So when I walked in, the entire team sitting in front of me wouldn’t budge from that “this guy is just a smart analytical robot,” like a gamebot image. And I wanted to disprove that. Jeff recommended that I go watch Tony Robbins. And my question was: Who the hell is that? I had never heard that name. So after the interview, I went back to the room and did Google who he was and was watching some videos. Casting came down to check on me, and I told them, “I’m watching Tony Robbins like Jeff told me to.”

And I think in terms of the actual relationship part, I think that was never a weakness in my game. In fact, I really cherished the opportunity to build bonds with the 19 other castaways and to share my own stories and hear where they’re coming from. One of my biggest appeals of Survivor was the chance to meet such a cross-section of America. I would never have met someone like Donathan or Angela if it were not for Survivor, and I think I left the game having built some deep, personal bonds that helped me strategically, but also emotionally and personally. And that’s a facet that I will be forever proud of.

• Love 3
On 3/3/2018 at 3:12 PM, LadyChatts said:

I think he's much better looking than in his pre-show photos.  But I usually think the men look better scruffed up anyway.  I hated how he choked during the second IC.  Glad it didn't cost him.  I'd like to see him go far. 

He has called it choking but reading the description of what happened it sounds just more like an overload of adrenaline.  I've had my system flooded with it before and it can be hard to control your body, regulate your breathing,  my hands will shake uncontrollaby.  I suppose the adrenaline flood may be considered choking/ First big challenge so, IDK.  Its not a pleasant feeling though for sure, not to mention just plain irritating.   To me choking is more, loss of confidence that you can do it, scared to try, fear etc.  In one interview he said he actually trained doing timed underwater diving, learning to hold his breath and stuff to get ready for survivor.  Had a swim team buddy help him.  So he knew he was capable, his excitement and body sort o betrayed him.  Semantics maybe, I'm bored, there is no Survivor strategy to talk about:)  

As I've gotten older I guess I've picked up more of a sensitivity or something because I noticed at the dentist that the shots of "novacaine" were causing my hands to shake and my heart to race.  I've been going to the dentist a lot since I was small and this was something that happened gradually in my early 50s.  So now my dentist uses a "novacaine" without adrenaline in it when the shot will be near a blood vessel or nerve or something.  Without the adrenaline,  the numbing is less effective and it doesn't last as long.  So now you know more than you wanted to about that!  

• Love 1

I really liked James and wish that we had seen more of him.  In particular, I'm curious about his relationship with Libby and how hard it was to convince her to vote off Morgan.  The comments Jeff made to him are awful- nothing about him seemed "robotic" to me.  

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, prunieprune said:

I really liked James and wish that we had seen more of him.  In particular, I'm curious about his relationship with Libby and how hard it was to convince her to vote off Morgan.  The comments Jeff made to him are awful- nothing about him seemed "robotic" to me.  

I liked him, too.  Jeff is stuck in high school where, if you're smart, you must be in some way a loser.

• Love 5