Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Ghost Island Preview and Speculation

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

(edited)

There was much talk about Naviti having the numbers this past episode. I wonder if this will lead to tribe loyalty and whichever tribe has the numbers come the merge will end up pagonging the other tribe. 

Edited by TVFan1
(edited)

Is old Naviti that is now part of NuMalolo unaware how fractured their former tribe mates were?  Since old Malolo/Naviti had a 4-4 split, they may assume there was a tie and rock draw that led to Morgan's ouster.  So will they throw the challenge to get rid of someone from OldMalolo to keep their numbers?  That group at NuMalolo is like a high school clique.  They don't even seem to be trying to play nice.

The freak out from old Malolo at NuMalolo may just be a red herring, but they did give away in a promo that Michael/Brendan likely found the idol.  So who knows.  Stephanie looked like she was going to be sick.

Edited by LadyChatts

This from one of Morgan's exit interviews.  She never mentions Chris in any of these so far.  She also says Angela is clueless which makes me sad.  She said apparently there is some confusion about what she said Beware the two blonds vs. cute blond, leading to problems and confusion when they get back to camp. 

As for who fans should keep an eye on as the season progresses, Morgan says that would be Domenick, of course, as well as Kellyn, Bradley and Wendell. "Kellyn's that sweetheart, she's quirky, she's fun. Bradley, I just think he's hilarious. Domenick is just a strong player, and Wendell's kind of behind the radar," she described. "I think my alliance was really strong and really great." 

(edited)
2 hours ago, marys1000 said:

"I think my alliance was really strong and really great." 

Of course you do. She is very high on herself/her alliance/her game in these interviews. It's a bit much considering she was voted out 3rd in a blindside.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Of course you do. She is very high on herself/her alliance/her game in these interviews. It's a bit much considering she was voted out 3rd in a blindside.

Not only that but her island spouse love of life Boston Rob to her Amber  Domenick's blabbing about his fake idol was what soured the deal they apparently had with new Malolo so his great playing was what got her sent home 

• Love 1

And here is Morgan trashing Angela yet again.  What a mouth on her.  She has trashed Angela in every interview she's had.  

This is a CBS teaser of tonights clash between Chris and the rest of them for going after Angela

http://www.etonline.com/survivor-sneak-peek-chris-goes-after-domenick-and-wendell-following-tribal-council-mistake?linkId=49114567

So Chris and Angela jump ship and go to work with the other side.  I wonder if that blows up in their faces somehow.  

Edited by marys1000
2 hours ago, marys1000 said:

What a mouth on her. 

She called Angela clueless is all.  Which she appears to be.  You called Morgan a fucking bitch.  So the above strikes me as funny.  

17 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

But Chris wanted Domenick gone, so why is he mad they went after one of their own?  Chris is probably just pissed Dom is still there and he wasn’t able to be at TC.  

I expect Chris’s priorities were - in order...

1. Get Dom evicted.
  2. Failing that, protect his original-Naviti voting bloc in NuNaviti by evicting an original-Malolo.

...both of which were failed by the TC outcome.  :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

She called Angela clueless is all.  Which she appears to be.  You called Morgan a fucking bitch.  So the above strikes me as funny.  

It was a little more than that.  She has no relationships, she was cluless on both ends, in other interviews she says she suck at challenges and IN EVERY INTERVIEW.  

So yea, that makes her a graceless loser and a fucking bitch. 

• Love 1

Makes me hope Angela goes far, or at least makes the jury.  Morgan's ranting in her interviews about not getting Angela to open up about her personal life takes me back to the days of Debb Eaton and her Kucha tribe mates during Outback.  She said because she didn't fit in with them and didn't spill all about her personal life.  Sometimes people can't take the hint.  This is why Survivor needs more of a balanced age range.  Though I won't be surprised if this is the new norm going forward-a couple of people in their 40s, a couple in their 30s, the rest in their 20s.

• Love 1

I see their point.  Especially the first week out there, you need to get to know your tribe mates so you can choose who to align with and who to trust.  If someone just gives you nothing to go on, that's weird. 

Though I guess it could be argued that they're just showing their hand that they have no interest in working with your or even pretending to be open to the idea, which is just bad game play. 

But people are sensitive to rudeness and rejection, too, especially women.  Showing interest is considered polite.  Shunning that interest is considered rude.  I don't think they need to spill all about their personal life (especially given the cameras) but there are more tactful ways not to.  Or you can lie.  

2 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I see their point.  Especially the first week out there, you need to get to know your tribe mates so you can choose who to align with and who to trust.  If someone just gives you nothing to go on, that's weird. 

Though I guess it could be argued that they're just showing their hand that they have no interest in working with your or even pretending to be open to the idea, which is just bad game play. 

But people are sensitive to rudeness and rejection, too, especially women.  Showing interest is considered polite.  Shunning that interest is considered rude.  I don't think they need to spill all about their personal life (especially given the cameras) but there are more tactful ways not to.  Or you can lie.  

I expect a large part of the friction and misinterpretations are simply generational;  the personal privacy boundary perceptions of Boomers and GenXers are light-years apart from those of Millennials, for example.

• Love 1

Looks like we see Jenna and Sebastian flirting and getting closer next week. Can't say I care about that.

That challenge they showed looked cool. Was that challenge ever done before?

2 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Looks like we see Jenna and Sebastian flirting and getting closer next week. Can't say I care about that.

That challenge they showed looked cool. Was that challenge ever done before?

I think it was done in Caramoan, and one of Ozzy's seasons.  I thought they were going to tease something happening to Des when it looked like she didn't get on the raft and her tribe mates saying "is she on".  She was face first in the water, so hopefully she's alright.

Meh to Jenna/Sebastian.

Curious if Donathan/Chris will lead to something.

Edited by LadyChatts

From watching the previews I figured out that the woman I didn't recognize last night (in orange at tribal council) must be Jenna. I think that's the last person I didn't recognize.

• Love 2

Jenna and Sebastian.  So Jenna wasn't going home.  Jenna and Stephanie are tight, so maybe Jenna helps keep Stephanie out of consideration?  Wonder if Michael and Brendan knew about that. 

Could Jenna be working for the other side?

Edited by marys1000
On 3/15/2018 at 12:10 AM, LadyChatts said:

I thought they were going to tease something happening to Des when it looked like she didn't get on the raft and her tribe mates saying "is she on".  She was face first in the water, so hopefully she's alright.

And here I'm the one that feels like they've been water boarded...

Anyways, they are trying their damndest to strike any kind of spark with this listless cast aren't they? I mean "here comes our bi-weekly buff draw" strikes me as curious if they knew this thing was taking on water faster than they could bail... even before trying to go to the editing room to somehow polish this turd of a season.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 1

And this is why they should have gotten rid of Michael, the strategic and physical threat on the opposing alliance, rather than Stephanie, who doesn't seem to have much game at all.

• Love 1

Another tribe swap next week - and yet Chris and Domenick are on the same tribe yet again.  I like to forget that Survivor is a reality show that is probably interfered with and produced and faked and not real at all.  They are making it really really hard.  I've rarely been forced out of my happy place of see no, hear, no show manipulation till this season and now suddently its everywhere, I can't ignore it. 

• Love 1

It is hard to see how Production is rigging the swaps. The last one showed Probst bringing two baskets, one for each tribe. The buffs were distributed 50/50 because the tribes were 50/50. So there was a good chance that Chris and Dom would end up on the same tribe. Assuming that they do the same thing, each tribe gets it's own basket, Chris and Dom should have a good chance of being on the same tribe. I suspect that the likelihood is even greater because their tribe is up a person on the other tribe.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if they just had one box and they all pulled from the same pool.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

It is hard to see how Production is rigging the swaps. The last one showed Probst bringing two baskets, one for each tribe.

Coach them to pick little baggies that look slightly different?  Keep re doing the filming of the picks for various reasons and then edit?  A milliion ways to to rig the swaps. 

21 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

The last one showed Probst bringing two baskets, one for each tribe.

I thought the two baskets were for men and women.  So that the gender mix is the same on each tribe?

I wonder if the big reveal of the season is going to be that the boring patch at the start of the season, aka the first five episodes, is in fact the exciting bit and it's all (further) downhill from here?! That would be funny.

Thank god there's another tribe swap to wash the smug off the Naviti five.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Thank god there's another tribe swap to wash the smug off the Naviti five.

I'm really hoping for Kellyn/Bradley to end up on a tribe with all Yellow tribe members. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

So, next week should be a good episode with Domenick and Donathan being mad at Bradley for some reason. Hopefully, next week is the episode where Bradley finally gets voted out. I can't wait.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

So, next week should be a good episode with Domenick and Donathan being mad at Bradley for some reason. Hopefully, next week is the episode where Bradley finally gets voted out. I can't wait.

With my luck it’s a red herring.  Funny that Libby was named a target tonight and yet could be a swing vote next week if they lose and Dom/Donathan and Chelsea/Brad stick together.

I had to laugh at Des wanting to burn Malolo’s flag because she thought it gave off bad vibes.  Maybe Malolo would be on a better streak if they didn’t vote off stronger members.  Again, James wasn’t great in the challenges, but Kellyn saying it was worth sacrificing muscle for numbers should help answer their question about why they suck.

Then again Ulong had what should have been one of the strongest tribes in Survivor history and they couldn’t win to save their lives.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:13 PM, LadyChatts said:

I had to laugh at Des wanting to burn Malolo’s flag because she thought it gave off bad vibes.

When I first heard them saying that I thought they meant they were going to burn the flag they bring to Challenges. Can you imagine? "Come on in guys... Okay Malolo (with just some charred sticks to plant in the sand) what the fuck?" Heh. I'd love to see the look on Probst's face. "Sorry Jeff we had to do some ritual cleansing."

• Love 7
On 3/28/2018 at 11:13 PM, LadyChatts said:

Maybe Malolo would be on a better streak if they didn’t vote off stronger members.  Again, James wasn’t great in the challenges, but Kellyn saying it was worth sacrificing muscle for numbers should help answer their question about why they suck.

What does she care?  They can do the numbers math to the merge so if they keep losing but merge before it hits Navati its a actually a win for them.  Actually that could be strategic. 

4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

When I first heard them saying that I thought they meant they were going to burn the flag they bring to Challenges. Can you imagine? "Come on in guys... Okay Malolo (with just some charred sticks to plant in the sand) what the fuck?" Heh. I'd love to see the look on Probst's face. "Sorry Jeff we had to do some ritual cleansing."

That would be funny!  I wouldnt mind seeing that:) 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

9 hours ago, marys1000 said:

That would be funny!  I wouldnt mind seeing that:) 

I would LOVE to see that.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Didn't someone in another recent-ish season say that phrase? Maybe Wes in BvW2?

Yeah, Wes said that in his final words after he was voted out.

• Love 1

Did Chris really say he was suave and that's what will beat Dom?  I really hope that stupid rivalry comes to an end soon.  Chris is funny in his own way, and despite not liking the douche bag, he does make for good sound bites.  I'd like to know if he thinks he's really coming off good or as a joke.

But this rivalry isn't even the fun kind.  Glad they are finally merging, but frankly, they should just do one swap next time and then go right to the merge.  Who cares if they merge with 15?

Bradley's elimination gives this season a much-needed kick in the pants.  The chances of original Naviti sticking together are basically shot to hell with Bradley gone and Chris vs. Dom still looming to further splinter the group.

It's safe to say that Wendell and now Chelsea are on Team Domenick.  Angela is still Team Chris, and Sebastian is probably still Team Chris, despite his getting along with Wendell last episode.  Everyone else is up in the air.  If I had to guess, I'd say that Desiree and Kellyn will end up on Team Chris out of solidarity with Angela, plus they're probably annoyed that Domenick and Chelsea broke up the "Naviti strong" plan.  Michael maybe goes to Team Domenick, in that case, since he was pretty firmly on the outs with Desiree/Kellyn/Angela.

There is definitely an opening for the original Malolos (Jenna, Donathan, Michael, Laurel, Libby) to stay alive and create a path for themselves to make it to the end of the game.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

Bradley's elimination gives this season a much-needed kick in the pants.  The chances of original Naviti sticking together are basically shot to hell with Bradley gone and Chris vs. Dom still looming to further splinter the group.

It's safe to say that Wendell and now Chelsea are on Team Domenick.  Angela is still Team Chris, and Sebastian is probably still Team Chris, despite his getting along with Wendell last episode.  Everyone else is up in the air.  If I had to guess, I'd say that Desiree and Kellyn will end up on Team Chris out of solidarity with Angela, plus they're probably annoyed that Domenick and Chelsea broke up the "Naviti strong" plan.  Michael maybe goes to Team Domenick, in that case, since he was pretty firmly on the outs with Desiree/Kellyn/Angela.

There is definitely an opening for the original Malolos (Jenna, Donathan, Michael, Laurel, Libby) to stay alive and create a path for themselves to make it to the end of the game.

I think Donathan and Laurel will align with Domenick and Wendell.  Jenna will probably side with Sebastian since they have a budding romance and seem to get along.  Since we've barely seen any of Jenna's game, though, it's hard to tell.  She might surprise me.  Kellyn especially will no doubt be after Dom/Chelsea because of them voting Bradley out.  Her and Brad seemed so old school with the Naviti strong over everyone.  Wasn't Kellyn's original alliance with Chris, too?  I'm a little on the fence with Des, but she seems like she'll side with where she sees the numbers.  I don't know that Des trusts Angela all that much, so even in a larger alliance, she might be wary of siding with her. 

What's going to be interesting is both Dom and Wendell have idols.  If they find themselves in the minority of numbers, one or both could come into play and totally flip the game and alliances.  Michael will likely go where he feels the numbers are.  I think Dom will target Chris, and Chris will target Dom.  Wendell will probably tell Dom he has the idol, so they will know Chris doesn't.  Chris might find out Dom really does have an idol and go after someone else, maybe tricking Dom into playing it.  But there again, if Dom and/or Wendell play their idols and play them right, that could shake up the rest of the season.  

I agree about Brad's ouster.  The last few episodes have blurred together for me that I was shocked when Jeff said Brad would be the 7th person voted out.  I felt like there's been more than that gone.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Did Chris really say he was suave 

2 hours ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

He said he was sua-VAY

This is even better than his "beneficiary" gaffe, I can't wait for next week just to hear it again.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/4/2018 at 10:19 PM, LadyChatts said:

What's going to be interesting is both Dom and Wendell have idols.  If they find themselves in the minority of numbers, one or both could come into play and totally flip the game and alliances. 

Technically, Dom has 2 idols he could play.  The Legacy Advantage becomes available at 13, which is where they are at.  Add Wendell's idol, and that's 3 idols that could come into play for Team Dom, vs 0 for Team Chris.

Edited by SVNBob