Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Ghost Island Preview and Speculation

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Here's my speculation: this season is gonna suck.  Looking forward to ripping it to pieces with you guys until I can't take anymore.

Yea, I'm hoping we at least get some quality snark here from this season. 

I know I won't be able to stop watching so this is gonna be a real chore for me. But honestly my expectations are so low there's almost no way it can be worst than I think and might actually be better.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I know I won't be able to stop watching so this is gonna be a real chore for me. But honestly my expectations are so low there's almost no way it can be worst than I think and might actually be better.

I'm right there with you.  I basically dislike everyone and everything about this season, so there's no where to go but up.  I already know this theme is stupid and is going to be made up as they go along, especially if a certain favorite is in danger.  But at least I have all you wonderful people here to get through it.  Why do I watch?  I don't know.  This show, good or bad (lately bad) has a hold over me.

• Love 4

I am in the minority here because I listened to a podcast where Probst built this season up to be amazing.  I know that's his job, but as a loyal and dedicated Survivor fan since season 1, any Survivor is better than no Survivor, IMO (except Survivor Thailand...just nope).  That said, I love snark and look forward to these threads hopping with activity.

I even make a special dessert, only to be consumed when Survivor is airing. :)  Weird, I know.

• Love 6

One reason I can't buy into the Probst hype (besides the fact that it's Probst) is that he hyped up both the season and cast of WA tremendously.  Maybe he was proud of the fact that he came up with the No Collar tribe name himself, but when he said that was a cast he wanted to see come back and play again, I lost any shred of respect for his hype.  Now, I realize Jeff likely didn't realize how it was going to go down with fans, but was he really not privy to anything that season?  Will and Shirin had a blow up at TC.  Clearly he knew what happened at the beach between them prior to that.  And he wasn't made aware of pervy Dan and his comments in his TH? 

So just for the fact that he loved that season so much, plus loves his alpha males and changes the rules to get the outcome he wants, and hates any of the strong women on this show, makes me take whatever he says and believe the opposite.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I love the show, too.  I get tired of re-reading all the "how much this show sucks now" posts each season but I find myself doing some of that in other forum threads so I get it.  And I always miss this forum activity in the off seasons, even if I have to skip past most of the "this show sucks" posts that each season dominate the threads more and more.  

I think the older a show gets, the more people hate that it's morphed away from the one they loved years ago.  And all shows tend to get less good and a little more desperate for viewership.  For some reason, I tend to like the changes they make to this show, though.  

I've made your dessert!  I now don't recall what it was but I think I liked it!  

I don't necessarily mind change.  It's just the changes that have happened.  I think this show has taken a nose dive since Probst became producer, and Burnett focused more on The Voice.  Probst seems more worried about what he wants, what he thinks will make good TV, spouts off stuff like the general viewing audience are idiots, and can't take criticism.  The themes, the endless advantages/idols, the manipulation over certain players, contestants who are more worried about being invited back than winning....and I'm not saying early seasons were perfect.  I'm still annoyed at the fake merge that cost Shii Ann and the first ever tribe swap that cost Silas.  I liked Andrew Savage and will forever hate the Outcast twist for bringing Lill back into the game.  Thailand was a horrible season, fake merge aside, Palau was boring yet sort of saved by the hapless Ulong tribe, and AS, Vanuatu, and Panama rank among my least favorite seasons.  I hate Pagonging and find it boring.  I do like that idols and advantages can shake up the game (or fail miserably for the bearer).  But things like what happened to Cirie and Devon shouldn't have happened.  They got eliminated from a game they likely would have won (Devon especially since he was guaranteed final 3 until the fire making twist), and I hate that Probst loves that crap because he salivates at what great TV it makes.  Why even try to play strategically when the game is becoming more dependent on idols and advantages?  This isn't a spoiler, but mark my words, some big producer favorite is going to get a lot of the advantages and idols on Ghost Island.  I'd like to see a mix of the type of series we had when idols and twists first started getting introduced. 

I listen to Max and Corinne's podcast, and for their 100th episode, they had Shane Powers on as a guest.  It was interesting to get his perspective, because Corinne is a constant conspiracy theorist about the show, and Shane called her out on some of her theories.  Max/Corinne talked about how much the show has evolved and changed since he played, which is where they get their theories from.  It was kind of interesting to get an old schooler's perspective on the show. 

I kind of wonder about CBS and their attention to the show.  CBS All Access' blurb about it says Ghost Island is "coming this fall".  Now I notice under the cast bios on the CBS web site there is a little horizontal slide show of the cast but it's last season's cast.  It's like they hired an intern to update the digital assets for the new season and he missed a lot.  

I noticed on my FB feed that they were profiling the contestants, and for Stephanie J. they had Stephanie G.'s name, and all her info.  It's kind of annoying they can't get that stuff right.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I love the show, too.  I get tired of re-reading all the "how much this show sucks now" posts each season but I find myself doing some of that in other forum threads so I get it.  And I always miss this forum activity in the off seasons, even if I have to skip past most of the "this show sucks" posts that each season dominate the threads more and more.  

I think the older a show gets, the more people hate that it's morphed away from the one they loved years ago.  And all shows tend to get less good and a little more desperate for viewership.  For some reason, I tend to like the changes they make to this show, though.  

I've made your dessert!  I now don't recall what it was but I think I liked it!  

Personally, I would LOVE for this show to go back to its roots, at least for a season or two - no idols, no tricks or twists or Exile islands or returning players or ships with Cochran aboard, etc.  I think it would be kind of awesome to take a cast of people and tell them there's no idol to be found.  Would they believe it?  Would they still look?  How would they strategize?

I didn't even hate last season, although I didn't need to see people tripping over idols because they were all over the place.  But I agree, changes are needed to keep the show fresh after 18 years.  This time around, I am looking forward to a group of superfans getting a chance to use artifacts from previous seasons.  It's an interesting twist that, as Probst said, has been cooking for years now - they just had to wait for the right time.

I can't help it - I get irrationally geeked out every time Probst says, "20 people, 39 days, one Survivor."  It's a part of my history.  I can still remember my three-year old son unexpectedly falling asleep in my arms right before the finale of season 1, allowing me to watch the show uninterrupted.  He's in college now.  It's just cool to me how long this show has been around.

Okay, I'm done gushing.

And the dessert is lemonade pie. :)

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am in the minority here because I listened to a podcast where Probst built this season up to be amazing.  I know that's his job, but as a loyal and dedicated Survivor fan since season 1, any Survivor is better than no Survivor, IMO (except Survivor Thailand...just nope).  That said, I love snark and look forward to these threads hopping with activity.

I even make a special dessert, only to be consumed when Survivor is airing. :)  Weird, I know.

But every single season is amazing or the greatest or beyond belief or whatever.  It happens before every single season and believing probst's hype is like believing that Lucy will actually hold the football still this time for Charlie Brown.

And if there actually is a really good season well Probst has cried wolf so many times that no one will believe it.

All I've heard about this season so far is that it is one of the youngest casts ever.  Which does NOT bode well.  I hate endless interchangeable 20-somethings with no real life experience yet oh so full of themselves.  Hope Survivor takes a lesson from Big Brother Celebrity and sees that an older cast can be far more fun to watch and far more into the game than the usual models (usually "disguised" by some temp job they did for awhile and not actually listed as Model) and actor wannabes their personal agents pitch to the casting agency of these shows.  (No way a Rudy could ever be cast on this show again).

• Love 3
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

You and me both.  My personal expectations for entertainment this season have very little to do with whatever crap is passing by on the TV screen, except as snarkbait.

5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I even make a special dessert, only to be consumed when Survivor is airing. :)  Weird, I know.

That rings a bell - do tell, do tell.  ;)

5 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I think the older a show gets, the more people hate that it's morphed away from the one they loved years ago.  

YOU DAMN KIDS GET THE HELL OFF MY ISLAND!!!

5 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I kind of wonder about CBS and their attention to the show.  CBS All Access' blurb about it says Ghost Island is "coming this fall".  

Personally, I don’t think it’s even breathing hard - but hey, maybe that’s just me.

4 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

After the horrible season we just had, I'm trying to stay optimistic about this one.

Aw, screw that; first episode hasn’t even aired yet, and this GI season already looks to me like a great big colon - so my sole hope for entertainment is figuratively ripping out their guts, and seeing who gets peritonitis first.

Wait just a minute now.  GI... colon... hey, that works.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am in the minority here because I listened to a podcast where Probst built this season up to be amazing.

This makes me even more sure I will hate this season lol.

I remember your dessert! I made it for last season's premiere, I believe. Or maybe the season before that. In any case, it was delicious.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't necessarily mind change.  It's just the changes that have happened.  I think this show has taken a nose dive since Probst became producer, and Burnett focused more on The Voice.  Probst seems more worried about what he wants, what he thinks will make good TV, spouts off stuff like the general viewing audience are idiots, and can't take criticism.  The themes, the endless advantages/idols, the manipulation over certain players, contestants who are more worried about being invited back than winning....and I'm not saying early seasons were perfect.  I'm still annoyed at the fake merge that cost Shii Ann and the first ever tribe swap that cost Silas.  I liked Andrew Savage and will forever hate the Outcast twist for bringing Lill back into the game.  Thailand was a horrible season, fake merge aside, Palau was boring yet sort of saved by the hapless Ulong tribe, and AS, Vanuatu, and Panama rank among my least favorite seasons.  I hate Pagonging and find it boring.  I do like that idols and advantages can shake up the game (or fail miserably for the bearer).  But things like what happened to Cirie and Devon shouldn't have happened.  They got eliminated from a game they likely would have won (Devon especially since he was guaranteed final 3 until the fire making twist), and I hate that Probst loves that crap because he salivates at what great TV it makes.  Why even try to play strategically when the game is becoming more dependent on idols and advantages?  This isn't a spoiler, but mark my words, some big producer favorite is going to get a lot of the advantages and idols on Ghost Island.  I'd like to see a mix of the type of series we had when idols and twists first started getting introduced. 

I listen to Max and Corinne's podcast, and for their 100th episode, they had Shane Powers on as a guest.  It was interesting to get his perspective, because Corinne is a constant conspiracy theorist about the show, and Shane called her out on some of her theories.  Max/Corinne talked about how much the show has evolved and changed since he played, which is where they get their theories from.  It was kind of interesting to get an old schooler's perspective on the show. 

I noticed on my FB feed that they were profiling the contestants, and for Stephanie J. they had Stephanie G.'s name, and all her info.  It's kind of annoying they can't get that stuff right.

17 hours ago, green said:

But every single season is amazing or the greatest or beyond belief or whatever.  It happens before every single season and believing probst's hype is like believing that Lucy will actually hold the football still this time for Charlie Brown.

And if there actually is a really good season well Probst has cried wolf so many times that no one will believe it.

All I've heard about this season so far is that it is one of the youngest casts ever.  Which does NOT bode well.  I hate endless interchangeable 20-somethings with no real life experience yet oh so full of themselves.  Hope Survivor takes a lesson from Big Brother Celebrity and sees that an older cast can be far more fun to watch and far more into the game than the usual models (usually "disguised" by some temp job they did for awhile and not actually listed as Model) and actor wannabes their personal agents pitch to the casting agency of these shows.  (No way a Rudy could ever be cast on this show again).

Casting and Casting!  A good cast can overcome any season of terrible production ideas (I think).  So many people just want to make reality shows their new career, or become part of the Survivor "family" which provides for lots of future opportunities.  And lots of times I see young people I thnk are truly amazing but....why don't I see them on Survivor very often!?!?!?!?  Because they are wannabe's?   For me it truly is the casting that tends to ruin it for me. Favorites don't help, especially if they are ones I truly can't stand (Cochran).   I don't watch Big Brother or any of that other stuff.  I don't want Survivor to turn into BB on an island with no food. 

It does seem that since Probst became producer there have been more mactors and a slide down the slippery slope to BB.  I'm sure they rationalize it by saying they need the new young viewers blah blah blah.  Which totally ignores the old viewers who have been more loyal but may eventually put the whole show in the crapper if they don't stop and the old viewers leave.  Why watch Survivor when you have BB, Bachelor etc.?  Why don't they see they have something unique and stick with it as opposed to chasing an already fragmented audience? 

And it seems the younger the person the more likely they are to fall into this "I'm here because I wanna be a reality star/actor/survivor celebrity.  There lives aren't established yet, of course they wanna be a celebrity. Even that guy in law school is like "yeah, if I win I can ditch being a laywer and sail around the world and be something else entirely.   But I hate it.  They are boring and irritating. 

This season in particularl hardly seems like a balanced cast.   How is one older woman supposed to survive?  Did someone at the last minute think - oh head smack, we need a real person.  Some of the more fun participants were real life - like that NJ? Tony Soprano type who had no idea what he was getting into but lasted a fair while.  

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 2

It is funny that more then half the cast says Domenick Abbate is the Tony or Russell. The casting is so obvious that they know what roles are being filled. They didn't fill the over 50 role this time. The 40 ish is the new 50 years old on Survivor. LOL!!!

• Love 3
On 2/27/2018 at 9:53 AM, LadyChatts said:

I'm right there with you.  I basically dislike everyone and everything about this season, so there's no where to go but up.  I already know this theme is stupid and is going to be made up as they go along, especially if a certain favorite is in danger.  But at least I have all you wonderful people here to get through it.  Why do I watch?  I don't know.  This show, good or bad (lately bad) has a hold over me.

i'm here to rant with you!!
I will be hopeful that this season will be good. however this is a dumbo gimmick which would only work with returning players who were actually impacted by said gimmicky piece. why this show can't go back to the gimmick of "we're gonna dump you here, starve you and have at it." is beyond me. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Donathan is a family name (or maybe just a typo on his birth certificate and it was too complicated to change it-happened to a friend of mine when she was born).   

Also, I love Stephanie G. (for now) but I really hate when contestants go by their last names on here.  But I find the other Stephanie more irritating, so I guess I'm glad it's not her getting that honor.

43 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I wonder if Donathan is a family name (or maybe just a typo on his birth certificate and it was too complicated to change it-happened to a friend of mine when she was born).   

Also, I love Stephanie G. (for now) but I really hate when contestants go by their last names on here.  But I find the other Stephanie more irritating, so I guess I'm glad it's not her getting that honor.

Happened to me too.  I just have been using my name as my mother intended it all my life without incident.  :)

• Love 1

So is there any idea how exactly the Ghost Island twist is supposed to work?  I know it's essentially Exile Island, except instead of one idol, there's multiple and other 'cursed' objects from season's past.  But are all the idols and advantages that Survivors misused in the past going to be in play?  One article I read sounded like it was a mixture of reflecting on past mistakes and actually getting advantages from season's past.  I'm curious if they'll add some stupid twist on top of whatever advantage the person is already getting.   I'm guessing whoever is sent there must be chosen like they used to choose the EI cast off.

Seeing how there are some pretty serious fans here and no one seems to have figured out how the Ghost Island thing works yet ......does that mean its not much of anything?  

I'm not sure I cared for the way the final 4 went down last season....will this season be better?  Only if the 20 year olds can figure out how to strategize using it to their advantage. 

Hollywood repoter:  But I’m not the only one he told. Unlike the contestants of Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers, who were blindsided by the move, the players of Ghost Island (which premieres Feb. 28 on CBS) were, in fact, informed of it before the season began and could therefore strategize around it knowing that someone would not be voted out at the four spot.

This became clear when I asked each of the Ghost Island cast members a few days before filming began to name their favorite Survivor twist ever and Bradley Kleihege responded, “I think my favorite twist is the twist at final four where the person who wins picks a person and the other two make fire.” But how did Bradley even know about that twist since the Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers season in which it was unleashed had not even aired yet? Some further digging uncovered that yes, the players were informed by production before the season started about the new twist. 

Guess we will find out soon.  I bought a brownie at Panera.  But that doesn't go with wine.  So I'm feeling very conflicted right now.  

• Love 1

Oh brother.  I hate when they tell them of twists ahead of time.

I’m kind of surprised these “super fans” haven’t figured it out either.  I know there were different theories floating around at first, but most people figured it out pretty quick.  

• Love 2

I usually don't read the bios ahead of time, but this season I did.  Oops.

I'm not optimistic.  Mostly 20 something whiners plus a real Versace billboard model.  Oy!

But I'm a lifer and will see it through to the end.  I look forward to the fun on this board.

• Love 3

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!  BRING IT!!!!!!

This is my favorite time every season, right before the new season starts, when everyone looks like a nice person and nobody looks like they smell yet.  I don't hate anybody yet!  It is refreshing...  That will change, oh how very rapidly that will change.  Catch up with me this time tomorrow, in fact.

I hope they do more of the "hiding the clue to the HII" than just hiding the HIIs.  I really liked those twists where they had to surreptitiously retrieve the idol in the middle of a crowded camp or during a challenge.  I'm kind of a mean person, because I also enjoy the abject disappointment on their faces when they realize they only got a map to the HII, not the HII itself, but I'm not a total sadist, I also enjoy the wide-eyed "OMG!  I DID IT" when they manage to finesse the HII out from under everyone's noses. 

And show?  Please make the HII stuff and the Ghost Island stuff not easy or lame like in past seasons?  I want to watch these people work for their million dollars, not just scuff around in the sand for ten seconds every other day to find the continuous stream of idols.  Kthnx.

• Love 3

Great, not even a week into the game (for them, not us), and we're getting a swap. Or going from two tribes to three. Also, I don't know about Ghost Island, because I feel a lot of shady production shit could be arranged. Has there ben talk on whether a set number of urns have games?

• Love 1

Gee, what a surprise that there is a tribe swap next week... NOT. Is there even a point to having  original tribes if they are going to swap after only six days?

• Love 1
(edited)

These tribe swaps are so routine now that I can’t believe anyone doesn’t see it coming. Especially so-called super fans, but all you have to do is watch the last few seasons and they typically occur around the same time.  Way to be original, show.

And I totally see them fixing Ghost Island to benefit a production pet.  There’s been so many bone headed mistakes made on this show they can just add cursed idols and advantages if one of their faves is in trouble.

And one more reason to hate GC is they started a trend to let super fans start whispering at TC.  We probably would have seen it last season if that had filmed after GC aired.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

These tribe swaps are so routine now that I can’t believe anyone doesn’t see it coming. Especially so-called super fans ... 

Well, Stephanie and Jacob did mention a tribe swap when the were discussing voting out Michael, so they figured it was coming. I imagine a lot of people talk about it but it's not shown because they want the audience to think these things are some big surprise.

13 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Gee, what a surprise that there is a tribe swap next week... NOT. Is there even a point to having  original tribes if they are going to swap after only six days?

They might not have originally planned it to be that soon but saw that the yellow team was getting their ass kicked so changed it up.

So after reading Libby's and someone else interview somewhere I'm speculating that Libby and Chris end up in a showmance.  She called him really hot.  Not much to go on really but its fun.  

And if you haven't been out there reading - Jeff is already planning on bringing Libby back - and I can't stand her.....:(

• Love 1
(edited)

I don’t even remember who this girl is!  The only girls I remember from premiere were Morgan, Des, Laurel, and Gonzalez.  There was a blonde girl-I think Jenna-who talked a lot at TC.  Or was that Libby?  

There are showmances this season, and some that translated into real life romances.  We’re getting more and more like Big Brother everyday.  I may throw something at the TV if a showmance couple creates a stupid nickname.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

I didn't DVR so........there are 2 blonds on Malolo, which blond is the main alliance with stephanie?  Jenna or Libby?  

I will point out that Probst has said that being a superfan was a requirement for casting and yet Libby was not.  She watched after casting, its fairly easy to distinguish after reading about 3 or 4 different interviews.  And she is the one Probst was talking about bringing back before they even started so....apparently he liked her a lot. 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm gong to speculate that Donathan doesn't win.  When I heard Jeff talk about him in an interview, and watched Donathan in his home town with friends watching episode 1, there just isn't any kind of feeling of excitement.  Like there is just a heavy feeling.  So fan favorite, doesn't last long.  Since there is a tribe swap next week I wonder if that works against him.    Too sad, no one could use a leg up more than him.  Plus I enjoy watching and listening to him.  So here's hoping I'm wrong. 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, marys1000 said:

So after reading Libby's and someone else interview somewhere I'm speculating that Libby and Chris end up in a showmance.  She called him really hot.  Not much to go on really but its fun.  

And if you haven't been out there reading - Jeff is already planning on bringing Libby back - and I can't stand her.....:(

The spec I heard is Libby hooks up with Micheal.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

I'm gong to speculate that Donathan doesn't win.  When I heard Jeff talk about him in an interview, and watched Donathan in his home town with friends watching episode 1, there just isn't any kind of feeling of excitement.  Like there is just a heavy feeling.  So fan favorite, doesn't last long.  Since there is a tribe swap next week I wonder if that works against him.    Too sad, no one could use a leg up more than him.  Plus I enjoy watching and listening to him.  So here's hoping I'm wrong. 

No doubt; Donathan has already been cast (however unwillingly) as the Alienated Member Of His Tribe Who Would Be Most Susceptible To Overtures From the Other Side - so his old Tribe’s first order of business, of course, will be to get his ass kicked off the island ASAP.

• Love 2
(edited)

So far random readings and listenings I hear Kellyn mentioned a lot which seems surprising, she sounds a bit flaky although also very smart, and Wendell, when the pundits are talking about who might win.  

Help me out here, in Chris's interview he says he's going to work flirting/love and spies.  And then mentions a Mr. and Mrs. Smith thing.  Lets keep an eye out for that :)

Edited by marys1000

I got the impression that Donathan's "hero" arc in this episode indicates a long stay. If he's a nothing character, then they could have edited it in a nothing way. 

• Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, 303420 said:

I got the impression that Donathan's "hero" arc in this episode indicates a long stay. If he's a nothing character, then they could have edited it in a nothing way. 

I agree.  Whereas Jacob seemed to be trying to be the awkward, fish out of water outcast, I think that honor will go to Donathan.  Whether he's milking that story arc or not remains to be seen, but Jacob came off horribly and unconvincing.  Donathan will probably be the one to be the new David that overcomes being the outcast.  Assuming he lasts long enough and does enough to warrant Probst talking to him at the reunion, I can hear the conversation now.

It'll be interesting if he pulls a Jacob and lies to his tribe next week, or newish tribe.  Since Navati doesn't really know much about it, he may really be able to string them along.  I do hope he has better luck on a new tribe.  Right now he seems like kind of an easy vote off.

Edited by LadyChatts
1 hour ago, 303420 said:

If he's a nothing character, then they could have edited it in a nothing way. 

I feel like they would've edited it like that regardless because it was the type of vignette they love... couch potato/misfit goes deep (in this case literally) and finds new confidence in an outdoorsy accomplishment.  Cirie is the poster child, I think.  

I agree, @Winston9-DT3. It reminds me of Ben's PTSD segment last season. I'm sure they would have shown that even if Ben hadn't won just because that's the type of shit they love. Same for Donathan's 'hero' moment.

I do think Donathan has potential of going very far though, but probably more because he's a weak player that can be easily used by a stronger player.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

can be easily used by a stronger player.

Yes, and it might be Stephanie, specifically.  So the whole "someone we can stuff somewhere" might be very appropriate foreshadowing.  

On 3/3/2018 at 2:00 PM, Winston9-DT3 said:

I feel like they would've edited it like that regardless because it was the type of vignette they love... couch potato/misfit goes deep (in this case literally) and finds new confidence in an outdoorsy accomplishment.  Cirie is the poster child, I think.  

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree, @Winston9-DT3. It reminds me of Ben's PTSD segment last season. I'm sure they would have shown that even if Ben hadn't won just because that's the type of shit they love. Same for Donathan's 'hero' moment.

I do think Donathan has potential of going very far though, but probably more because he's a weak player that can be easily used by a stronger player.

Cirie. Ben. Two people who went far. I bet plenty of also-rans have moments like this too; we wouldn't know. I stand by my spec that making it a big deal gives it away that he's in it for the long haul (for whatever reason).

Old Malolo looked really stressed in the preview, and they have the obnoxious group of Naviti on their side that will probably stay Naviti strong.  Wonder if that's indicating that they lose next week, giving how much Stephanie was freaking out?  And looks like Dom is wasting no time next week getting in with his new tribe mates.  I won't lie, the only super fans that have annoyed me so far are Stephanie and Jacob (and I got one down).  They seem like they're trying too hard, but everyone else so far seems more like old school Survivor players.  I was fully expecting a lot of geeking out this season.  Glad, so far, that this hasn't been the case.

• Love 1