Type keyword(s) to search

Lex Luthor: He isn't Really Evil-Just Misunderstood

Michael Rosenbaum was PERFECT casting to play Lex; his Lex is the ONLY one I ever felt any kind of empathy for.

The chemistry he had with Tom Welling's Clark--I could see them as best friends. Why couldn't they remain so? Until the end of the show? I really thought the show runners would put their own mark on it. But alas, they didn't.

Let's talk about Lex here!

• Love 1

So, are we discussing the comics as well? I haven't been following them too closely, but part of the reason I have is because I'm curious to see what a non-possessed Lex would do with one of the "extinction-level" events the show didn't really start tackling until after MR left.

So I was reading a review of Justice, and the reviewers (who apparently were not Smallville fans, and also thought the ep was bad) made a really hilarious comment about how

If you turn this show just slightly to the side, you’ve got the story a brilliant young businessman who was raised by a manipulative, lying psychopath who is using his resources to bring down the secret cabal that his father is colluding with in order to rule the world.

The secret cabal protecting an alien god hiding out as a human that you KNOW to be a bald-faced lying snake!

Yeah...that about sums it up, lol.

• Love 3

So, we all know that Rosenbaum, while playing Lex on this show, also voiced Wally West/Flash on Justice League/Justice League Unlimited at the same time.  But in JLU's "The Great Brain Robbery" we got him voicing Lex! That is, Lex's mind got transferred to Flash's body.  It was so....meta I think is the right word? And Hilarious. Who knew Clancy Brown, who did voice Lex, could be funny?

But, here's the clip of where Lex unmasks Flash to discover his secret identity:

• Love 1