Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Chapter Twenty-Six: The Tell-Tale Heart

• Start Topic

I’m still holding out hope Chic isn’t FPs son. Like Bughead needs any more issues. 

Also im one Hal’s side regarding Chic, they never needed to add that character to the show. It’s doing nothing but adding more annoyance for me, and it’s orobably the most predictable way they could have gone with the Chic character.

In a complex, well written show Hal's dismissal of Chic probably not be because Hal assumes FP is the baby daddy, since, for him to be so sure he'd have to not have been sleeping with Alice at the time which seems unlikely given she told him she was pregnant and he told her to get rid of the baby which, if not his, YIKES!

More likely, he would be dismissive of Chic because he never wanted him to begin with. He told Alice to abort. Chic is a reminder of Alice's "betrayal" in not doing what he wanted her to do. Even if Chic is his flesh and blood I could see Hal not wanting to have anything to do with him. And Alice insisting Chic stay with them is further "betrayal" of Hal's wishes. Also, Hal doesn't have a strong maternal instinct so he can see how freaking shady Chic is. Alice can't. She's lived with the guilt of giving him away for however long it's been and can't see the obvious. She most likely blames herself for whatever he has become. Betty's just...IDK what Betty is thinking. I get her initial desire to reunite her family but seeing how shady Chic is, she's not got Mommy Blinders on so she must see it, I don't get why she didn't side with Hal on this one. Them Cooper Women be crazy. lol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

In a complex, well written show Hal's dismissal of Chic probably not be because Hal assumes FP is the baby daddy, since, for him to be so sure he'd have to not have been sleeping with Alice at the time which seems unlikely given she told him she was pregnant and he told her to get rid of the baby which, if not his, YIKES!

More likely, he would be dismissive of Chic because he never wanted him to begin with. He told Alice to abort. Chic is a reminder of Alice's "betrayal" in not doing what he wanted her to do. Even if Chic is his flesh and blood I could see Hal not wanting to have anything to do with him. And Alice insisting Chic stay with them is further "betrayal" of Hal's wishes. Also, Hal doesn't have a strong maternal instinct so he can see how freaking shady Chic is. Alice can't. She's lived with the guilt of giving him away for however long it's been and can't see the obvious. She most likely blames herself for whatever he has become. Betty's just...IDK what Betty is thinking. I get her initial desire to reunite her family but seeing how shady Chic is, she's not got Mommy Blinders on so she must see it, I don't get why she didn't side with Hal on this one. Them Cooper Women be crazy. lol

Well betty has had some scenes since the getting rid of the body where she’s yelled at Chic. I think also he dismissal of Hal is now because she knows about him and Mrs. Blossom. 

And yeah I’m one of very few peope who don’t want Chic to be FP and Alice’s son. One it’s predictable and two it gives me a lot of ew feelings re Bughead. I’m fine with Falice becoming a pairing possibly but adding a half brother into the mix isn’t cute. I really hated it when they did it on Gg. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
22 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m still holding out hope Chic isn’t FPs son. Like Bughead needs any more issues. 

Also im one Hal’s side regarding Chic, they never needed to add that character to the show. It’s doing nothing but adding more annoyance for me, and it’s orobably the most predictable way they could have gone with the Chic character.

Agreed. I also think it's laughable that Hal is supposedly the bad guy in all of this. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Agreed. I also think it's laughable that Hal is supposedly the bad guy in all of this. 

Right? He’s the only making sense to me. I mean as I said Betty has had some lines when she’s like “what the hell is happening” but she hasn’t done a damn thing to change the situation. She knows something is up but she’s refusing to be smart about it because this season like every other character on the show she’s taken stupid pills and is just letting things happen. 

On 2/12/2018 at 12:28 PM, Mabinogia said:

Having suffered through years of Pretty Little Liars, I will give Riverdale credit for never having romanticized what was going on. The other kids weren't rooting for Archie and Mrs. Grundy to get married and have babies together. Alice, rightly, went after Mrs. Grundy for abusing a minor. And Grundy had the decency to at least try to hide what they were doing because she knew it wasn't right. All things PLL seemed to miss.

So, while I agree it wasn't a great storyline, I don't get why they had it there in the first place, at least it was handled correctly, like the bad, shameful thing it was instead of paraded around as true love. And it was just a small side story and it ended.

I think what bothers me is that there's not many teen things going on in a teen show. The show is a murder mystery which generally I like, but not here. If the show took out the romances, it wouldn't be missing anything. If the show took out the ages of the kids, it wouldn't be missing much either. The whole show is basically just everybody in town going around covering up and solving murders. Every teen, adult and person on the entire show is evil or crazy. The romances are barely even a side story. Bughead will start kissing and 1 second later she'll think of a murder clue. She lost her virginity to him and instead of the show letting her be happy for one second about it, she had to go home to find a dead body on the kitchen floor. It's annoying. None of these people talk about ANYTHING other than investigating whatever is going on. I need a break from all the murder craziness and I'd like some actual teen craziness.

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think what bothers me is that there's not many teen things going on in a teen show. The show is a murder mystery which generally I like, but not here. If the show took out the romances, it wouldn't be missing anything. If the show took out the ages of the kids, it wouldn't be missing much either. The whole show is basically just everybody in town going around covering up and solving murders. Every teen, adult and person on the entire show is evil or crazy. The romances are barely even a side story. Bughead will start kissing and 1 second later she'll think of a murder clue. She lost her virginity to him and instead of the show letting her be happy for one second about it, she had to go home to find a dead body on the kitchen floor. It's annoying. None of these people talk about ANYTHING other than investigating whatever is going on. I need a break from all the murder craziness and I'd like some actual teen craziness.

Where were you last year?!?! We have the same mindset! And I can’t post anything else in response to you because I’ll spoil things for you but I feel you, you have no idea! Seriously read my posts on these episodes I relate so hard!!