Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Primetimer

Taking Notes On A.P. Bio

I was completely indifferent to AP Bio. Meh. Didn't laugh, didn't hate it. Probably won't watch...I tried the first 2 eps, unless someone wants to tell me it gets a lot better in the next 2? 

4 hours ago, Violet Penner said:

Well I think this is the first time I ever cried during EHG!  RIP Mr. Hooper.

Yeah, same -- I teared up just hearing about it!

I haven't seen much of Altered Carbon yet, but I thought Joel Kinnaman was the best part of The Killing, though that may be just because Linden was such a sad-sack drip in her one ugly gargantuan sweater. Dave's right about his movie career, though. Woof.

22 hours ago, TimeyWimey52 said:

I was completely indifferent to AP Bio. Meh. Didn't laugh, didn't hate it. Probably won't watch...I tried the first 2 eps, unless someone wants to tell me it gets a lot better in the next 2? 

Not markedly so.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:41 PM, Jesse said:

Yeah, same -- I teared up just hearing about it!

On 2/7/2018 at 4:15 PM, Violet Penner said:

Seriously, I'm at work trying to hide from my coworkers the fact I'm crying.  

I was listening to this while taking a walk at lunch and had to sit down at a bus stop to compose myself.  

This episode aired when I was four so this was the first death I ever had to deal with.  It hit me hard and really had an impact on me.  So much so, when my grandfather died a year later, my mom used the conversations we had after Mr. Hooper's death to walk me through the emotions of dealing with Pawpaw's death.  

• Like 7

On 2/7/2018 at 1:15 PM, Violet Penner said:

I've cried from laughing, but this was a whole other thing. I agree with Tara, I'm glad they didn't use any euphemisms, they just said "died." I was also glad they didn't try to say anything like "he's gone to a better place" or some other vaguely religious reference to an afterlife.

Dave's Squarespace voice sounds remarkably like his Gordon Lightfoot voice.

Where can you find the full Sesame Street episodes? I lost my dad when my kid (now 2.5 years old) was about seven months old, and she’s starting to ask about her Papa. I think this show would help.

(and yep - tears were flowing while I walked to my office!)