Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Nominations #1

• Start Topic

It isn't on here yet but to answer your question, no.  Loved  'I worked in the White House to serve my country not for Trump.'  The comedian. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 9

Run away, Keshia.  Run away from that crazy woman while wearing your awesome 2012 shirt.

Sorry not sorry.  Omarosa went to the White House on purpose so I don’t feel badly for her.

Why is Shannon getting pissy about the guys doing the EXACT SAME THING that she is doing?

James is annoying.  Shannon is annoying. Hopefully they take each other out.

I am way disappointed in you, Metta.

Marissa’s cat ears are giving me horrifying flashbacks.

Brandi is not a very nice person.  I mean, duh, right?  But still.  I hope when she gets home her maid has quit after hiding tuna fish inside the curtain rods.

• Love 6

Shannon and Marissa had a good plan to neutralize the bag twist and keep a woman as HOH.  Keisha should not have nominated James.  He could win Veto.

The Celebrators?  Oy

Mark calling Shannon a "threat"  lol.  Yes, I think she is a smart chick.  Pulling in Ross is smart.  He needs to lose the Kim Jong-Un look.

James keeps his douchebro routine going.  Too bad he and Chuck are "friends".  I guess "JM" must be his clothing line.  barf.

Metta is literally out of his league.

I'm not buying Omarosa's schtick here.  Keisha isn't either.  Or here.  Don't fall for it Ross.  She's good.

CBS knows how to pump the ratings.

I'm liking Shannon A LOT.  I hope that doesn't jinx her.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I figured out who James reminds me of... BB Paul crossed with Adam Levine.

And did Marissa NOT choose to open her bag?   Crafty!

Why is this crafty? 

Oh man, I actually let out a loud laugh at Metta's final DR, with him getting pissed at NOT being nominated. 

I also laughed at the beginning, with James giving that ridiculous alliance name to Chuck, followed by that ridiculous sound effect. 

I still don't like Brandi. Sure, James in an annoying douchebag millennial, but she's not any better.

I still want Omarosa gone. These people are fools for falling for whatever she's selling. 

I like Shannon and I like Ross. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Wings said:

Why is this crafty? 

Without opening her bag, she doesn't risk winning HoH and having to get blood on her hands (ugh) by nominating anyone. Nor does she risk wearing a costume or some other random punishment.

I've never heard of James before last night and I will not be sad if I never hear of him again after he leaves this show. He just seems like such an insufferable, self-centered ass who takes himself way too seriously. And Liddell can go right after him. And Metta wants to go home? Already? These dudebros suck.  It seems like this season actually would be better if the women picked off the men. Not because it's Year of the Woman or whatever but because the women all seem like gamers (imagine when they have to turn on each other!) while the men are just kinda there. Except Ross. He fucking rules! He's a gamer and his DRs crack me up. I've actually never seen him on anything since back when he was Ross the Intern but I'm so glad he's on this show.

Verdict is out on Omarosa. Everything this woman says or does is calculated so do you believe she's being real or is it the Omarosa Apology Tour?  Love her or hate her, she's a smart woman. That being said, she hasn't done anything that annoys me yet and, to be honest, I'm just LIVING for the night they ply them with alcohol and Omarosa and Brandi go at it. *Please reality tv gods make this happen!*

• Love 13

Ugh, just ugh.

24 Hours  later  I am still in awe at the awfulness of this. Seriously this is CBS idea to counter program the olympics? Seriously? And I can't get the stench of Alison Grodner out of my TV because she's tainted it by pulling out all the tropes you would expect from her.

*When I heard someone was going to randomly get safety, based  on the number of Diary Rooms Omarosa got, that told me she's their new star so I sat back and waited for her to be the one to get the "ramdon" safety. Not sure how Alison rigged that but its's vintage Grodner like the way she protected Paul for 3 weeks last year. Probably had multiple numbers in the envelope and Julie was instructed to pick Omarosas.

*Paul of course was trotted out to be the MC of the musical number along with her pet ape Jessie and Rachel who I don't mind.

The only inspired bit the entire night was the Jodi/Jessica-Cody-Jody gag. Jodi is officially the Meg Griffin of BIG BROTHER the way they bag on her first day eviction. But she's a good sport about it and should be welcomed back some day.

*Grodner can't get one of her faves? No problem...just time travel 20 years into the future in a Delorean and bring back a washed up Frankie Grande and call him Ross Mathews.

Speaking of which outside of Omarosa, The Cosby Kid, Shannon Elizbeth (who I got mixed up with Elizabeth Berkely from SAVED BY THE BELL) and the Columbian beauty queen my first reaction was who are these people?! My second recation was to want to shove ice picks in my ears the minute this Ross guy started talking...that's how annoying his voice is. I went 50 years without ever hearing of this guy and could easily have lived out my life never having heard of him.

So what are the odds one of these D-Listers self evicts to get back to the real world of twitter, cell phones and the papparazi.?

Omarosa sure is working hard at plugging her upcoming book...dropping just hints of gossip. I'm sure in her mind, we're sitting on the edge of our seats-just waiting her next word.  Sorry, can't stand the woman & do not believe a word that spills out of her mouth.

This group of people are celebrities?!  Wonder how these women are going to make it 3 weeks without their glam squad!

• Love 4

Another entertaining episode! Omarosa is on her apology tour and is trying find that redemption that America so loves to give to people. She is convincing but she has been on my tv screen long enough to know that she is most likely just manipulating the situation and trying to build sympathy for her. 

James automatically putting Ross with the girls team automatically just because he is gay...really? I mean he was right but still. 

Chuck has balls ill give him that but jeez, you had no target on your back but you just had to try to even the playing field because women having power isn't a cool idea. lol. I hope it was worth it.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Omarosa sure is working hard at plugging her upcoming book...dropping just hints of gossip. I'm sure in her mind, we're sitting on the edge of our seats-just waiting her next word.  Sorry, can't stand the woman & do not believe a word that spills out of her mouth.

Omarosa, on tonight's show: "I'm ready to start the next chapter of my life."
Me: "Book deal CONFIRMED."

I do love a good tell all...

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

*Grodner can't get one of her faves? No problem...just time travel 20 years into the future in a Delorean and bring back a washed up Frankie Grande and call him Ross Mathews.

Honestly, I'm just so grateful it's not the actual Frankie Grande.

• Love 11

I'm not sure who gets on my nerves more, Omarosa or James.

I think we saw Omarosa's real strategy for this show tonight. Play nice and practically beg the cameras for sympathy.  Poor Omarosa was trying to serve her country and was forced out for no good reason. Uh huh. And she probably has some swamp land she'll try to pawn off too. I can believe she was denied access because she's Omarosa. The rest of her spiel who knows, but she obviously craves attention and power.

That said, she's going about this smart so far.

James is just so obnoxious. And kinda gross.  And so full of himself. He acts like he's auditioning to replace Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool with all his little quips or whatever. I hate to say it, but I feel like a #Metoo accusation could come out about him any time.  He just seems the type. And I still don't believe he's famous. At least not enough for this D List. 

I have a real soft spot for Keisha. I wish she had a better comeback ready for all the Cosby stuff than she apparently did.  She had to know it would come up.  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

You know what's sad ? When they announced the cast, I knew who everyone is and what they did, with the exception of James "Whatever". I assume, from his early picture, that he was in a band ? Of course Ron, oh excuse me-- "Metta" , used to play for my home state Pacers, and since he was not shy back then and was always in the news, you couldn't live here & not know him, really. And I got a kick out of a guy, who now has "World Peace" in his name, declaring that "this is war" at the end of the show. Kind of ironic.

• Love 5

Dawg help me, but Omarosa made a whole lot of sense with her "pot meet kettle" conversation with Keisha pointing out that Keisha publicly supporting Bill Cosby--a beloved American icon and African American role model--was no different from Omarosa sticking with Trump.  Omarosa is many things, but she is not stupid.

Was James actually pawing through Shannon's suitcase, right in front of her in the HOH bedroom?  That's just rude.

So far as Omarosa's well publicized conversation with Ross, I believe her.  I believe she is genuinely worried.  I also believe Omarosa is for Omarosa, so she is carefully crafting a combination apology tour/rebranding publicity campaign aimed at the talk show circuit and a book.  If she hadn't been forced out, she'd still be there with her wagon fixed firmly to that star.

I don't like her a bit, but when Brandi implied that 0% body fat James is afraid of being forced to wear a leotard because of a "small outline," I actually snorted wine out of my nose.

Well, that whole gift bag twist was a big "ho-hum." I don't think the noms changed a bit. But kudos to the house for strategizing the shit out of it.

• Love 15

One plus for this version is that it is episode 2 and so far no one is jumping into bed with anyone else.  Need to preserve their public image has saved us from that horror at least.  And talking about image how is the image one would have of a boy band guy and a fighter guy (Chuck) best friends forever on the outside even possible?

So far I like Shannon, Ross and Marissa though Shannon has exposed herself too much right off the bat.  Omarosa is being a damn smart player so far so I give her her due.  I kind of like Metta because he wants the hell out, hah.  And he also is honest enough to know this isn't his game.  Which means he could end up floating through the whole season as an endless pawn until he accidentally ends up in the finals.

The drunken lady is obviously a for real alcoholic and they put her in a place with a 24/7 bar?  I know Big Brother is the ultimate in trash TV but this is a new low.  Hope she becomes the first of the women to go.

Edited by green
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

I don't like her a bit, but when Brandi implied that 0% body fat James is afraid of being forced to wear a leotard because of a "small outline," I actually snorted wine out of my nose.

I dunno - I was enjoying his perfectly adequate “outline” when he was in sweats in the kitchen, discussing leotards with Shannon.

I missed the first episode, so I've still got some catching up to do. But even though I know I'll watch the entire thing, not sure how much I'm gonna enjoy this season. 

Other than Shannon, I just don't know that there's anyone to root for. Chuck is the only one I came into the show liking, but I just don't think he's quick or clever enough for this game. He just seems really out of his depth. 

I have hated Brandi and Omarossa for years, so I'm sure that will be fun. If Omarossa is going to give us Trump sob stories every night, I'm going to lose my mind. I watch TV to escape politics! But other than that, the two of them haven't been too bad...yet. 

The only people I had no knowledge of were Metta and James. And James is. ....the worst. That dude is just awful. Every word out of his mouth is so arrogant. He's bragging because he can work out better than the other dudes in the house? Okay, step in the octagon with Chuck and see what happens. He's clearly incredibly vain, proven by his first thought being fear of wearing a unitard. As much as I hate Brandi, I laughed when she pointed out he might be worried exposing a small dick. Bahahaha! 

So yea, I hope James goes this week. I'm sorry Metta is more homesick than he thought he would be, but I don't think others should put their game on hold for that. There are better moves to be made.

Can we get superficial for a minute? What is WRONG with Mark Mcgrath? What the fuck did he do to himself?  Bordering on Ray Liotta  status.  He and Chuck are only one year apart, and Chuck gets hit in the face for a living....yet he looks much younger and more handsome than Mark. Let this be a lesson to you, boys. Punches, good. Scalpels, bad. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And did Marissa NOT choose to open her bag?   Crafty!

I caught that as well. She went in there, so they all thought she played along. In the end it doesn't matter, since that twist is over (Thank God!). But I did appreciate the move. 

10 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Yes, James. The men having fun getting press-on coke nails and everything-but-the-kitchen-sink facials is just so fucking emasculating. Also: The Celebrators? 

That name is more emasculating than any face mask could ever be. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Anyone else notice that the left side of Brandi's mouth droops almost like a stroke victim?

Fortunately (?), it's just bad plastic surgery.

20 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Can we get superficial for a minute? What is WRONG with Mark Mcgrath? What the fuck did he do to himself?  

Maybe he uses Brandi's surgeon. 

Y'know, upon seeing Mark in the 1st episode I thought he resembled a friend of mine. I thought of texting my friend to tell him to check it out.  I didn't because thought the comparison might be insulting.

8 hours ago, vb68 said:

I'm not sure who gets on my nerves more, Omarosa or James.

I think we saw Omarosa's real strategy for this show tonight. Play nice and practically beg the cameras for sympathy.  Poor Omarosa was trying to serve her country and was forced out for no good reason. Uh huh. And she probably has some swamp land she'll try to pawn off too. I can believe she was denied access because she's Omarosa. The rest of her spiel who knows, but she obviously craves attention and power.

That said, she's going about this smart so far.

James is just so obnoxious. And kinda gross.  And so full of himself. He acts like he's auditioning to replace Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool with all his little quips or whatever. I hate to say it, but I feel like a #Metoo accusation could come out about him any time.  He just seems the type. And I still don't believe he's famous. At least not enough for this D List. 

I have a real soft spot for Keisha. I wish she had a better comeback ready for all the Cosby stuff than she apparently did.  She had to know it would come up.  

I think that Kesha was annoyed with Omarosa for bringing up her support of Bill Cosby.

I am enjoying this show. I like Shannon & Ross.

10 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think that Kesha was annoyed with Omarosa for bringing up her support of Bill Cosby.

I'm sure, but again she had to know it was going to come up, especially if she's going to call out someone like Omarosa.

• Love 1

What was with the talk that Omarosa had with Ross on the couch in the dark. She was talking about her time in the White House and how she wouldn't vote for Trump again and  He says "should we be worried?" and she says "yes, you should be very worried".  I'm quite surprised that she is allowed to talk about the stuff that goes on in the White House. That's the context I took it in, although I was only watching with one eye and one ear.

• Love 2

On other reality competition shows, one difference between the regular version and the celebrity version involves prize money.  A regular season means the winner gets cash. In a celebrity season, celebs play for a cause or a charity. 

I'm not thinking only of Apprentice, but also cooking shows like Worst Cooks, Chopped, I can't think of other examples right now.  DWTS is unique in that it's just about a trophy.  This is the first time I've seen a celebrity version of a show with a cash prize that it's not an opportunity to publicize a charity.  

• Love 2

I do not believe a single word that comes out of Omarosa's mouth.  The reason she left the White House is because she was fired.  It wasn't a political statement on her part.  Now she is scrambling to try to continue some level of celebrity.  She certainly wasn't telling anyone to be worried when she was on Say Yes to the Dress and got a FREE dress for being part of Trump's administration.  She rode that horse as far as she could until her own bad actions caught up with her.  Maybe Ross didn't watch her on all of her Apprentice appearances or other forays into trying to be a celebrity.  I'm really not happy with production for allowing her this platform for her own personal revision of reality.  If an investigative journalist is telling me something it's different from Omarosa trying to secure her own celebrity.  She may be right, but as we all know, even a broken clock is right twice a day.  It's always her motivations that I find suspect.

I think Marissa was really smart to go into the interview room and just talk about something else.  This way she appears to be loyal to an alliance (of which she may not actually see herself wanting to be a part of), but won't have 'blood' on her hands.  I'm watching her-she seems pretty shrewd.  I really hope that Omarosa and Brandy go soon.  As this is an abbreviated season I won't get viewer fatigue.  I think there is a lot of potential for pure entertainment with this cast.

Edited by seacliffsal
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

James automatically putting Ross with the girls team automatically just because he is gay...really? I mean he was right but still. 

I commented on that in the episode 1 thread. It was gross. I mean yes it went that way and Ross elaborated a bit why (he's always gotten on better with girls) but to just assume was problematic for me.

10 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Was James actually pawing through Shannon's suitcase, right in front of her in the HOH bedroom?  That's just rude.

Right!? I was trying to figure out what was happening there. Shannon wasn't reacting at all but there's no way his luggage would be in the HOH Room.

I have no sympathy for Omarosa and don't believe for a second she did anything for her country. I doubt it was for her country that she went on any show that would have her when he first hired her and gloated about that revenge list and how his enemies and those who spoke out against him would be punished. And in classic O fashion she talked Keisha, who was absolutely right, down by making ridiculous analogies. I don't think Ross believed her though. He basically said in his talking heads that he was fishing for information about the administration.

James please spend some time working on those legs! He is a good looking guy but like a lot of guys so out of proportion. There are muscles in legs too James.

I agree with those who say Keisha should have back doored James. He can easily win POV. A lot of these celebrities don't seem like they'll be good at comps. Should have put up Mark as a pawn.

Didn't understand Metta's rant at the end at all. He told Shannon he wanted out not Keish (unless he did and we didn't see it).

• Love 1

I've been pleasantly surprised by most of these players except for Meta who is reminding me of TO's stint on a recent "celebrity" Challenge. Even James is filling a trope. I really like that there seems to be genuine BB superfans in the cast unlike other non-celebrity casts where people who claimed to be "superfans" played like they've never seen an episode before.

I am really enjoying the lack of hookups. That aspect of BB has gotten to be really unpleasant for me to watch like in Matt and Raven.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Dawg help me, but Omarosa made a whole lot of sense with her "pot meet kettle" conversation with Keisha pointing out that Keisha publicly supporting Bill Cosby--a beloved American icon and African American role model--was no different from Omarosa sticking with Trump.  Omarosa is many things, but she is not stupid.

So far as Omarosa's well publicized conversation with Ross, I believe her.  I believe she is genuinely worried.  I also believe Omarosa is for Omarosa, so she is carefully crafting a combination apology tour/rebranding publicity campaign aimed at the talk show circuit and a book.  If she hadn't been forced out, she'd still be there with her wagon fixed firmly to that star.

Well, that whole gift bag twist was a big "ho-hum." I don't think the noms changed a bit. But kudos to the house for strategizing the shit out of it.

I don't think so.   Had she not been fired she would still be there supporting Trump just as Meghan McCain does on The View.  

It was smart to point out Keisha's support of Cosby for comparison. 

I loved Brandi's comment about James' leotard fear! 

1 hour ago, backformore said:

This is the first time I've seen a celebrity version of a show with a cash prize that it's not an opportunity to publicize a charity.  

Wait, it's not for charity? I just naturally assumed it was. Unless they're super desperate for cash, I can't imagine why any celeb would risk their public image by agreeing to be on camera 24/7.

3 hours ago, oakville said:

And I was actually annoyed at her for being annoyed at Omarosa. Because, really, Omarosa was 100% correct there. Trump may be human garbage but Cosby isn't far behind so she really had no reason to get so judgey there.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Wait, it's not for charity? I just naturally assumed it was. Unless they're super desperate for cash, I can't imagine why any celeb would risk their public image by agreeing to be on camera 24/7.

If it is, no mention has been made.  Usually shows where celebs play for charity involves a mention of which particular charity everyone is playing for. 

1 hour ago, Wings said:

It was smart to point out Keisha's support of Cosby for comparison. 

I have mixed feelings about this.  Yes, once the truth came out, Keshia should have, if not denounced him, at least refused to talk.  But he was her "dad" from age 3-14.  I'm sure that it's been really hard for her to recognize the Cosby she knew with the real man that we all know about today.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Bordering on Ray Liotta  status. 

OMG.  That is it exactly!   I want to like him, because he seems to be a really OK guy and fairly grounded even though he's a "celebrity" but his overly plasticized look makes me think otherwise.  Like, how could he be so grounded if he's obviously been vain enough to have that amount of really bad work done.  Maybe he just has a really bad manager and he took his really bad advice?  I dunno, I have a hard time reconciling what seems to be a pretty laid back personality with the "desperately clinging to my fifteen minutes of fame by trying to keep a youthful look" face.

At least Brandi's face matches her personality.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I am really enjoying the lack of hookups. That aspect of BB has gotten to be really unpleasant for me to watch like in Matt and Raven.  

Really? We had to go there? *laughs* I didn't need that remembrance!

I really like that people are playing the game and making moves and yes, not hooking up!

James really is King Douche. We don't know who you are so stop being all about how great you are.

Metta has come across as a good guy too bad he's stuck in this house; but I think he likes his kissing more than Bachelor Arie does...

Really like Shannon except for the 10 seconds she kept her "secret" alliance secret.

The Hairspray lady reminds me of Kathy Najimy...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I have mixed feelings about this.  Yes, once the truth came out, Keshia should have, if not denounced him, at least refused to talk.  But he was her "dad" from age 3-14.  I'm sure that it's been really hard for her to recognize the Cosby she knew with the real man that we all know about today.

I agree.   her relationship with Cosby was rooted in her childhood.   It's a different situation entirely.

2 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I am really enjoying the lack of hookups.

Give it time.   Brandi was on a cooking competition,"My Kitchen Rules", and rumor has it she hooked up with the female judge, Cat Cora.   If there's any hooking up in the BB house, my money is on Brandi. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TresGatos said:

You and me both. I could have sworn I saw James playing with the beauty queen's (sorry, don't remember her name) hair at one point. But so far, that's it. 

The only issue I can having with a compressed version is that it is going to be all game talk, all the time which will bore me.

Unless of course Omarosa starts her blathering and the camera lingers lovingly on her speechifying to show that she’s changed!  She’s changed!  For real!  

Barf.

I liked Omarosa a lot more when she was calling out Keshia's support for "Dr." Cosby than when she was plugging her book by going "I'm scared!" about Trump. (And I think she's being dramatic/lying, whereas Keshia is IMO sincerely on the wrong side of her issue.) Cry me a river.  Or rather, don't.

James's vintage hair was hilarious.  And his secret alliance with Chuck is a lot more surprising than "the two actresses worked together".  (One might have expected Metta to be the one to know Chuck, rather than James, for example.)  But not only is "The Celebrators" a stupid name (and somewhat difficult to say), but it implies that you've accomplished something worth celebrating.  Instead, one of you is likely to be evicted tonight.  Way to put the cart several miles in front of the horse, guys.

Marissa's decision to not open her bag was even more clever if the cast had all the details explained in advance.  This way she can be all "I was totally ready to be the new HoH, guys!  But congratulations, Keshia!" without taking the slightest chance she would actually get called on it, because her chip never went in the bag, at all.  And now she'll be eligible for HoH next week.  Well done, Tracy Turnblad.

I thought "the plan" was that if Chuck claimed his bag, the new (female) HoH would nominate Chuck and Mark, keeping the backdoor plan in effect.  Did Keshia goof up? Or has she gone rogue?  We'll find out tonight, I suppose.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

2 hours ago, backformore said:

I agree.   her relationship with Cosby was rooted in her childhood.   It's a different situation entirely.

But the issue under discussion didn’t have anything to do with Cosby’s guilt or innocence.  Omarosa was describing the parallel between hers and Keshia’s recent experiences - young women remaining loyal to an older male father/mentor figure in their lives, in the presence of intense public scrutiny and criticism.  The circumstances are not identical, of course - but it’s a valid parallel, whether Keshia chooses to acknowledge it or not.

Keshia initiated that conversation, and (so far as I could tell) did so for no other reason than to have some fun Trump-baiting Omarosa.  This is a temptation with which I could personally sympathize wholeheartedly - but to me it was pretty obvious Keshia was taken aback when Omarosa not only didn’t curl up in a ball of defensiveness, but instead took it and pitched it right back at Keshia.  Keshia was unprepared for such a response, and IMHO didn’t handle the discussion very well.

2 hours ago, backformore said:

If there's any hooking up in the BB house, my money is on Brandi. 

Depending on your criteria for what constitutes a valid “hooking up”, no bet; strictly animals, or are vegetable and mineral options on the table as well?  :D

• Love 6