Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny And Fredrik - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

And from what I've seen, it's just more of Beth being the person I just can't stand.

Yep.  (At least on the first three eps.) 

And (unlike RHoNY) there's no mitigation through comparison with other nasty personalities - on this show, Frankel is the solo owner of that energy, a wind-up pair of chattering teeth spewing mockery and negativity, and Fredrik....is not. He's dapper and sometimes a duffer and a bit fusspotty,  but basically decent (like a character Mike Brady brings home to dinner one night that Jan crushes on -- "His accent is DREAMY, Marcia!")  

And they're not good together, imo  - no chemistry -- she's brutal and he seems off his footing (and not in a fun way). 

Since it's not a straight ahead design show, they need to have a fun relationship; something interesting, expansive, unexpected  -- and something that will soften up her hard elbows. Frex, they should have gone to lunch with Elinor, and Bethenny should have (to her surprise) enjoyed herself, and reluctantly found Elinor and Fredrik charming ("He does not do business like I do. They're exchanging pleasantries like we're at the court of Versailles -- "After you, Elinor!' "No, after you, Fredrik!" -- and I'm fishing a bug out of my mouth, I'm so slack-jawed at the sight of them. But that's Fredrik - and I think this New York City smartass can learn something from him.")

It's already fake-as-fuck, so at least make it a lovely, fun and amusing fake-as-fuck show, not a snarky pit of negativity, hyper-wrangling and shallow mockery.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
On 2/14/2018 at 7:29 PM, jvr said:

On Million NY Fred has started to venture into Brooklyn but I don’t know if B will think the returns are worth the effort. Fred’s really gonna have to hold back on the marble then. I like Brooklyn so I hope they expand the search.

Brooklyn is skyrocketing as far as real estate is concerned. It's the place to live now in the city. Manhattan prices are driving people away, you simply can't afford to live there anymore. 

5 hours ago, film noire said:

And they're not good together, imo  - no chemistry -- she's brutal and he seems off his footing (and not in a fun way). 

I was thinking that about Fredrik, too. He seems almost intimidated by Bethenny. That is not the confident Fredrik we know from MDLNY. 

• Love 3

I love MDL and Fredrick and I was so excited that he got a spin off.  I am so let down. Not only is it scripted , but Bethany's mouth and dumb down Fredrick makes it unwatchable for me and my husband.  The show is so little about real estate and the rest is Bethany's crude humor and a few pops of Fredrick trying to get his way.

I thought we were going to see Fredrick find a few great deals in NY and flip them with Bethany helping to decorate. I didn't except orgasm, douching penis talk . I'm not a prude but I expect big brother after dark to have crude humor not a flipping show.

I guess I will still FF each episode hoping we get to see Fredrick's twins on the show.

I think Derek said it best on the first episode,  why would Fredrick work with Bethany, he can flip the apartment on his own just fine. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

thought we were going to see Fredrick find a few great deals in NY and flip them with Bethany helping to decorate. I didn't except orgasm, douching penis talk . I'm not a prude but I expect big brother after dark to have crude humor not a flipping show.

I totally agree. I mean, are we 15 years old? And you know what Bethany, you can douche in a half bath so your stupid comment doesn't even make sense.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I love MDL and Fredrick and I was so excited that he got a spin off.  I am so let down. Not only is it scripted , but Bethany's mouth and dumb down Fredrick makes it unwatchable for me and my husband.  The show is so little about real estate and the rest is Bethany's crude humor and a few pops of Fredrick trying to get his way.

I thought we were going to see Fredrick find a few great deals in NY and flip them with Bethany helping to decorate. I didn't except orgasm, douching penis talk . I'm not a prude but I expect big brother after dark to have crude humor not a flipping show.

I guess I will still FF each episode hoping we get to see Fredrick's twins on the show.

I think Derek said it best on the first episode,  why would Fredrick work with Bethany, he can flip the apartment on his own just fine. 

When did Bethenny become a decorator or designer?  I don't see anything particularly unique that demands top of the market price.  I know I get flack for this but the show still doesn't even show on the ratings,  I think she should have listened to Fredrik-he wanted to take the place beyond builder grade. Bethenny buys $1,ooo. bathtubs? I guess after Fred holding the property for a number of years-what difference does it make to a delay?  I guess she thought the show would be a hit as she bought a property in the Hamptons.  Mostly Bethenny is insufferable and I am glad Fred called her out on her vacation schedule.

Watching partners fight is not entertaining.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

When did Bethenny become a decorator or designer?  I don't see anything particularly unique that demands top of the market price.  I know I get flack for this but the show still doesn't even show on the ratings,  I think she should have listened to Fredrik-he wanted to take the place beyond builder grade. Bethenny buys $1,ooo. bathtubs? I guess after Fred holding the property for a number of years-what difference does it make to a delay?  I guess she thought the show would be a hit as she bought a property in the Hamptons.  Mostly Bethenny is insufferable and I am glad Fred called her out on her vacation schedule.

About the time she wanted more air time.  Andy Cohen's nose was getting too pale me thinks.

• Love 5
On 2/18/2018 at 2:50 PM, zoeysmom said:

Well I'm sure seeing her home featured in Traditional Home magazine  spurred it on  too

On 2/15/2018 at 6:00 AM, tabloidlover said:

I actually think Fredrick was sincere when he invited Elinor to lunch.   It was a natural instinct for him, and he seemed uncertain when Bethenny started with all the faces.   mmv

He was. Because Fredrik is basically kind and he likes people two qualities that Bethany lacks. And he’s got nice manners another Bethany deficit. To rescind an invitation like that was cruel and hurtful, it showed on Elinor’s face. Fuck you Bethany and fuck you Fredrik for caving. They both could learn something from Josh Flagg who  always had a fabulous time with his grandmother.

• Love 14

Surprised that there wasn't a thread for this episode and it's a week later! 

Watching episode for first time and watching them fight (well, her yell at Fredrik) at an assistant's birthday party after he brought up her making Jordan do work.  Fredrik, obviously you have never heard the phrase, "This is not the time nor the place."

7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Indication of the interest level maybe?

I think so!  It could be a much better show!!  No one really needs to see Bethenny yell anymore and 4 episodes in and no high kicks from Fredrik (if it was there, I don't recall it!)

• Love 5

For reasons totally mysterious to me, this episode did not air in my local market.  Was there an episode on 2/27 as well that was likewise unaired?  Weird.

Edited to add:  Just checked Bravo's episode guide and see that, indeed there was also an Episode 5, titled "Beach Retreat" that aired last night, Feb 27th.  That makes two consecutive episodes not being aired in my market (Pacific Northwest).  I wonder why?  Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

For reasons totally mysterious to me, this episode did not air in my local market.  Was there an episode on 2/27 as well that was likewise unaired?  Weird.

Edited to add:  Just checked Bravo's episode guide and see that, indeed there was also an Episode 5, titled "Beach Retreat" that aired last night, Feb 27th.  That makes two consecutive episodes not being aired in my market (Pacific Northwest).  I wonder why?  Anyone else having this issue?

Me! Yes, sorry guys, I'm in the DC area and neither of these episodes have aired for me so I thought it was on a break because of the Olympics. 

• Love 1

Bethenny questions Fredrik's motives after finding some unexpected numbers in the renovation budget; when Bethenny confronts Fredrik, the future of their relationship is put in jeopardy.

After Bethenny and Fredrik's property hunt in Manhattan comes up short, they move their search to the Hamptons. Bethenny's ex-boyfriend resurfaces after a photograph of her on a date is published. Bethenny and Fredrik face off in a dance competition.

5 hours ago, Lisin said:

Me! Yes, sorry guys, I'm in the DC area and neither of these episodes have aired for me so I thought it was on a break because of the Olympics. 

That's strange, @Lisin,  I've never had this happen before now.  I wonder what it means?  We're both in fairly large markets where this show appears to no longer be airing.  I wonder if we have anything else in common?  Is your cable provider Comcast, and/or do you use Tivo as your PVR? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

That's strange, @Lisin,  I've never had this happen before now.  I wonder what it means?  We're both in fairly large markets where this show appears to no longer be airing.  I wonder if we have anything else in common?  Is your cable provider Comcast, and/or do you use Tivo as your PVR? 

I’m on Dish and I basically only use the DVR so I’m now thinking it maybe just didn’t pick it up because I feel like while I was watching Vanderpump Rules I saw commercials for it but nothing recorded so I forgot about it. Oh well! Now I have something to watch tonight!

• Love 1
On 2/14/2018 at 1:15 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

This is a fascinating study of Bethenny burning through relationships and people and a primer on how she did it over the years with her vulgarity, rudeness, condescension (the look she was giving behind Elinor’s back? FU Bethenny!) etc. Fredrick’s kindness and effort could net a future referral from Elinor of a secret jewel of an apartment to flip. It’s about relationships not just the hustle to the next storefront demanding price discounts as you stand there with a $$$$$$$ different colored Birkin on the daily. Fredrick and Elinor next season ! 

The yoga guy looked like Jason Hoppy ! Lol

I just started watching this series. I watch MDL & RHONY so I was curious about the concept. I don't understand how both these successful business people would have time to focus on 1 individual renovation project. Bethenny is abrasive & is used to ordering people around. Frederick is used to specializing in selling entire condo projects. I don't get it.

• Love 1

I find it strange that Frederick was shocked that the owner of the old farmhouse refused to counter his offer of $1.2M. The owner was asking over $1.8M and wasn't in a rush to sell. Frederik is an experienced real estate broker. He should know better that a seller isn't obligated to counter offer. The purchase offer was insulting.

Having the staff do a provocative dance off at Bethenny's was weird & not professional. Bethenny was showing off her underwear during the dance.

I don't think this show makes any sense.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, oakville said:

I just started watching this series. I watch MDL & RHONY so I was curious about the concept. I don't understand how both these successful business people would have time to focus on 1 individual renovation project. Bethenny is abrasive & is used to ordering people around. Frederick is used to specializing in selling entire condo projects. I don't get it.

It's a manufactured vehicle for manufactured drama.  A Bravo specialty, featuring one of Andy's spirit animals and her pet of the month.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 2/27/2018 at 10:57 PM, crgirl412 said:

Surprised that there wasn't a thread for this episode and it's a week later! 

What is there to say  -- He's lovely,  she's awful? ; ) -- Frankel did her standard foul-mouthed "Stand up and shriek" shitstorm, and Fredrik took it.

And then they had dim sum, and her inability to remember his name is "Fredrik" caused Frankel to amuse herself so greatly, she fell onto the restaurant floor laughing (like Luann into the bushes, but with none of Luann's physical grace --  more like "I've fallen and can't get up" crossed with "Adderol induced seizure happening at table 12"). And that was it, other than the two boring apartments up top of the show and the lighting store visit, plus the closet lady's mane of fab grey hair.

It's like watching a Swedish puppy get kicked by a madwoman screaming obscenities at every turn, in between seeing glamour-free apartments.  Bring back Elinor!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

I loved the Hamptons house they didn't get.

Bethenny's Bronco is obnoxious. Look at meeeeee! When I see it I wonder if it was customized with the kind of technology and materials that will hold up well god forbid in a crash hellish traffic etc out there in the summer. 

Everyone at the party was an employee. Employees performing sexually explicit dance offs competing for a 10k, yes I know it was Dennis' $ not Bethennys, is a special kind of sexual harassment they all need good lawyers. Do this it'll be great for the show .... etc WTF Not enough salary in the world to cheer my boss and a yoga cooch dance off. Just gross. Bethenny and Frederick and Dennis? Fine but not those youngsters and assistants.  Not appropriate .

• Love 7

Gah!  My eyes . . .not enough bleach in the world to unsee that disturbing dance off.  It was so wrong in so many ways!

Is anything happening at the apartment that they are actually supposed to be working on?  It seems like there are a lot of workers around collecting a paycheck, but I can't tell that anything has changed.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, film noire said:

What is there to say  -- He's lovely,  she's awful? ; ) -- Frankel did her standard foul-mouthed "Stand up and shriek" shitstorm, and Fredrik took it.

And then they had dim sum, and her inability to remember his name is "Fredrik" caused Frankel to amuse herself so greatly, she fell onto the restaurant floor laughing (like Luann into the bushes, but with none of Luann's physical grace --  more like "I've fallen and can't get up" crossed with "Adderol induced seizure happening at table 12"). And that was it, other than the two boring apartments up top of the show and the lighting store visit, plus the closet lady's mane of fab grey hair.

It's like watching a Swedish puppy get kicked by a madwoman screaming obscenities at every turn, in between seeing glamour-free apartments.  Bring back Elinor!

HAHAHAHA!!! 

Fredrik is like a Swedish puppy on this show but on MDL he can be so smug and condescending. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I love this photo of Frankel's "dance" (which existed somewhere between Elaine Benes and Mrs. Roper, with a little toddler pageant thrown in for good measure):

Frankel: "SEE MY CROTCH? SEE IT???  LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!"

Fredrik: Not looking at her. Or her crotch. Looking at her boyfriend.

So funny.

frankel dance.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
On 3/2/2018 at 9:21 PM, oakville said:

I find it strange that Frederick was shocked that the owner of the old farmhouse refused to counter his offer of $1.2M. The owner was asking over $1.8M and wasn't in a rush to sell. Frederik is an experienced real estate broker. He should know better that a seller isn't obligated to counter offer. The purchase offer was insulting.

I was actually surprised they didn't get the house. I just assumed it was all setup beforehand and being "recreated" for the show. I thought we would see Fred being awesome at his job by getting the seller to agree to a price that seemed right for them even if it wasn't at 1.2M. To have it fall flat with no counter seemed anti-climatic. I liked the house too and wanted to see what they could do with it.

I need more than 30 minutes with this show.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Bethenny is insane. 

She seems to have no ability anymore to control her worst impulses. The smallest ripple in her emotional status,  and out comes a tidal wave of malice, a willingess to inflict damage on another person regardless of the cost to them. That's all that's left in her when she feels unhappy -- no grace, no humour, no kindness - just batshit rage. (And her lack of self awareness -- ""It's not often I go apeshit on someone" -- wtf? When DON'T you go apeshit, you narcissistic asshole?)

Fredrik crying made me cringe. 

Yeah -- it was unpleasant and distubing watching him try to cope with her abusive insults while also handling his humiliation at being treated that way. Why the editors thought any of it would be entertaining is beyond me.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
(edited)

Hmmm... I guess I saw things differently.

I absolutely saw both sides of the argument. Nothing Bethenny or Fred said contradicted each other but there was obvious miscommunication on both sides that caused issues. 

They both agreed that the budget was 300k (but was really only 240k). Bethenny said this a million times and Fred agreed. But obviously Bethenny thought that 300k included everything that had already been done (hiring contractor and designers, this makes sense to me) and Fred thought that it was 300k on top of what had already been spent (he obviously wanted to spend as much as possible so he wouldn't want to include all cost in that new budget, that's fine). 

Bethenny should not have blown up the way she did (not at all) but Fred was acting totally clueless as to why she would be confused or upset that the budget was 360k instead of the agreed upon 300k (240). The way he was acting was frustrating me, it's that way of making someone else feel stupid. Just acknowledge that you spent money before she came on to the project and then come to some type of agreement on how to resolve it (you take on the cost before she joined, split the cost, whatever). I feel he could have prevented most of that argument by not acting like he had no idea what was going on (I feel most of this is for the tv show). The paperwork should have specifically acknowledged what had been spent already (it did, that was stated at the sit down) but it also should have subtracted that cost from the total new budget and that's what should have been the understanding going forward, 240k. Stop saying 300k, the new budget was supposed to be 240k. (Or the paperwork should have said the budget is 300k not including cost spent, and then Fred would be right).

What wasn't scripted was Fred crying, he obviously couldn't help it. We have seen him do that before on Million Dollar NY, he gets emotional in confrontations that he feels are more personal than business. Interestingly it's not in the initial confrontation when emotions are high, it's later on when he sits down calmly with the person that he becomes overwhelmed. I remember specifically it happened with Luis Steve, where Steve thought he had lied to him or something like that about a listing (or Fred thought Steve tried to steal a client, who knows) and they sat down for lunch later and Fred couldn't hold his emotions. He obviously doesn't like disagreements with people he considers friends.

Edited by jvr
  • Love 1

I wonder that Frederik didn’t win the dance off because he poured the red colored liquid (grenadine?) on his suit and ruined it (needing a costly replacement) or because he threw Bethenny into the pool. 

• Love 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, jvr said:

Bethenny should not have blown up the way she did (not at all) but Fred was acting totally clueless as to why she would be confused or upset that the budget was 360k instead of the agreed upon 300k (240).

Plus Fred said several times that he sent her many documents and she signed them, he has the paperwork, she know what everything would cost and what the total budget was. So pull out the documents and show her what she signed. If indeed she did. Maybe Fred is wrong in this regard but I still think Bethenny is insane. Her reactions are so unprofessional for a woman that prides herself on being a self made millionaire business woman. 

One thing is for sure, Fred is better at selling real estate, not investing and flipping. Bethenny is better at skinny girl cocktails. They should stay with what they know best. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, jvr said:

I absolutely saw both sides of the argument. 

It's not the merits of either argument overall, it's how Frankel handled her side of the argument that's repulsive to me.

To scream at Fredrik that he's untrustworthy and a "snake oil salesman" is a new low, even for her, imo. This isn't RHoNY where (at this point, more than a decade in) Bethenny verbally abusing another cast member at some point in the season is just  par for the course. Savaging people is her thing, and lots of viewers seemingly love it.  But this is a new show -- with a different person and a different format -- and she treated him as if he were just another Luann being slut-shamed, which tells me she feels comfortable operating like this with anyone.  Trip her trigger and she will keep escalating until somebody is damaged because the rage is always near the surface, ready to explode.

I hope he runs for the hills and does a show with someone else. He could make this format really fun and watchable, with a different female co-host. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
(edited)
7 minutes ago, film noire said:

It's not the merits of either argument overall, it's how Frankel handled her side of the argument that's repulsive to me.

Ok, I don't feel that strongly about it. And we shall see how Fred feels, previews seemed to show them moving on from it....but no hints of actually buying another property.

Edited by jvr
  • Love 1

Aaaaaand we get the sexual harassment if the week "get it up" repeatedly to all the stone contractors. High fiving. Vile. 

The entertainment of this show is the window into Bethennys dysfunctional relationship with people. 

She read the contact and didn't understand what the numbers meant? Some businesswoman you are I can't wait til some flunkie gives her that line and she goes ballistic.  

• Love 6
On 3/3/2018 at 3:35 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I loved the Hamptons house they didn't get.

Bethenny's Bronco is obnoxious. Look at meeeeee! When I see it I wonder if it was customized with the kind of technology and materials that will hold up well god forbid in a crash hellish traffic etc out there in the summer. 

Everyone at the party was an employee. Employees performing sexually explicit dance offs competing for a 10k, yes I know it was Dennis' $ not Bethennys, is a special kind of sexual harassment they all need good lawyers. Do this it'll be great for the show .... etc WTF Not enough salary in the world to cheer my boss and a yoga cooch dance off. Just gross. Bethenny and Frederick and Dennis? Fine but not those youngsters and assistants.  Not appropriate .

Bethenny's Bronco.  I am fortunate to own a 1975.  It's a removable hard top too!  

Stupendous Man traded his Harley Sportster for the Bronco, straight across.  We definitely got the better end of the deal, as the early Bronco brand increases in being a status symbol for the rich and the dollar value goes up.

Mine will never be that pretty.  But it's body is straight, with no dents, small amount of rust in a few spots and last year, and had a mechanic go through the motor and replace, fix, whatever was needed to make it run at it's best.. I let it sit after Jim died, so it needed a little TLC.

I will not deny, when I drive the Bronco (Little Blue, it has a name!), I am completely and totally LOOK AT MEEEEEE!

Little Blue looks like the Bronco Sam drove on the series True Blood and from the movie Charlies Angels.  And can I just say how much it tickles me to see Bill Murray.  Bill Murray!  In my Bronco.

I apologize Alonzo.  I don't like Bethenny. My love for the Bronco is much different than hers.  Little Blue spent more time off pavement than on.  Bethenny's will probably never leave the road.  Hers is a status thing, mine is an emotional attachment, filled with happy memories of a dog running along side on old logging trails and and a brown eyed handsome man at the wheel.

Saying all that, I give Miss Bethameee a pass. It's a Bronco.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, dosodog said:

Bethenny's Bronco.  I am fortunate to own a 1975.  It's a removable hard top too!  

Stupendous Man traded his Harley Sportster for the Bronco, straight across.  We definitely got the better end of the deal, as the early Bronco brand increases in being a status symbol for the rich and the dollar value goes up.

Mine will never be that pretty.  But it's body is straight, with no dents, small amount of rust in a few spots and last year, and had a mechanic go through the motor and replace, fix, whatever was needed to make it run at it's best.. I let it sit after Jim died, so it needed a little TLC.

I will not deny, when I drive the Bronco (Little Blue, it has a name!), I am completely and totally LOOK AT MEEEEEE!

Little Blue looks like the Bronco Sam drove on the series True Blood and from the movie Charlies Angels.  And can I just say how much it tickles me to see Bill Murray.  Bill Murray!  In my Bronco.

I apologize Alonzo.  I don't like Bethenny. My love for the Bronco is much different than hers.  Little Blue spent more time off pavement than on.  Bethenny's will probably never leave the road.  Hers is a status thing, mine is an emotional attachment, filled with happy memories of a dog running along side on old logging trails and and a brown eyed handsome man at the wheel.

Saying all that, I give Miss Bethameee a pass. It's a Bronco.

And they're awesome little trucks!

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, dosodog said:

filled with happy memories of a dog running along side on old logging trails and and a brown eyed handsome man at the wheel.

This is so beautifully put  -- happy memories to you, Doso.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6