Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny And Fredrik - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It has possibilities.  The manufactured drama seems to be mostly Fredrick right now.  I do like the actual renovation discussions.  Although it’s hard to relate to a 2 bedroom selling for $4.5 million.  I know someone that has a faux marble porcelain and we are sworn to secrecy since everyone thinks it’s marble.  She says it was cheaper than quartz.

• Love 2

I tuned out half way thru the first episode. This just might be a yawn of a short series. So Beth & Fredik became Bravo - lebrity - sorta - friends. He sold her condo/ she likes to renovate condos. She thinks they could also sell it to Bravo as a series. 

This short series may be a one and done. The "fun" sarcastic banter & interaction between them on the previews seems so contrived - even for Bravo. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

This short series may be a one and done. The "fun" sarcastic banter & interaction between them on the previews seems so contrived - even for Bravo. 

I agree.  It’s all about the renovation.  If they start treating this like Real Housewives of Flipping I’m out.  In fact I would have liked it better if we were there for the decision on the buy of the apartment.  I like that we get to see the Connecticut mega mansion but that bit of dialogue was SOOOOO contrived I expected a TelePrompTer in the shot.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

I tuned out half way thru the first episode. This just might be a yawn of a short series. So Beth & Fredik became Bravo - lebrity - sorta - friends. He sold her condo/ she likes to renovate condos. She thinks they could also sell it to Bravo as a series. 

Yes, it had the slightly "wacky" score with the scripted-feeling drama.  Zoinks! Fredrick is overspennnnding! and OMG! Bethenny is being such a hardlinnner. Oh dear, I wonder if drama will ensue? 

Having said that, I watched both episodes and it's still on my pvr record schedule.

• Love 5

Bethenny is my favorite HW, so I'm here for the long haul. That said, as much as I like her, it was wrong of her to just bring HER contractor and designer to the meeting without consulting everyone. But I did laugh my ass off when the word "contractor" made Fredrik's guy pop his head up like a gopher out of a hole. 

I don't know Fredrik from Adam, so I'm not sure what to expect from him. Some of the "drama" may be contrived, but I don't really care at this point. It's just light fun. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

don't know Fredrik from Adam, so I'm not sure what to expect from him. Some of the "drama" may be contrived, but I don't really care at this point. It's just light fun. 

I'm the opposite; I watch the MDL shows but never RH. Fredrik is as they say "a character." Lovable and driven and seemingly un-self-aware. And very very wealthy. He and his husband recently had twins via surrogate.

• Love 3

Seems like a nice Fluff filler show, in between Housewives and Million Dollar Listing. 

I could watch shows about NYC apartment renovations and decor all day! 

As much as she irritates me, Bethenny does have a knack at real estate, and although her style doesn’t match my tastes, she is good at decorating. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Jel said:

Yes, it had the slightly "wacky" score with the scripted-feeling drama.  Zoinks! Fredrick is overspennnnding! and OMG! Bethenny is being such a hardlinnner. Oh dear, I wonder if drama will ensue? 

Having said that, I watched both episodes and it's still on my pvr record schedule.

We saw Fredrik take the listing on Bethenny's present residence and lo and behold how their minds instantly matched with the price and a few weeks later it was reduced in price and then off the market.  Didn't she also have some huge hold up on her dream property she trotted Dorinda and the hockey player out to see-as in unable to get permits?  I tend to agree with Fredrik's husband-why does Fredrik need Bethenny?  For a show, nothing else.  

I don't know if substituting lesser materials, to put more money in their pockets and then trying to sell for top dollar is that great a plan.  There is a world of difference between man made product and natural stone and this is from a committed quartz countertop owner.  I guess they could use laminate or vinyl wood flooring to shave a few bucks off the hardwood budget.

I would also like to see Bethenny get through thirty minutes without making reference to vaginas or dicks.  It is just so sophomoric and base.  Grow up.  Her date was cute.  

• Love 9

I finally watched this. I watched the first episode a couple of nights ago and really disliked it, but had no idea that there was already a second until I saw it here. Glad I watched the second episode because I liked it quite a bit more. First episodes are always so much fake set up on these shows, but I lol'd quite a few times during the second, particularly during the picnic scene. 

• Love 1

I finally watched this. I watched the first episode a couple of nights ago and really disliked it, but had no idea that there was already a second until I saw it here. Glad I watched the second episode because I liked it quite a bit more. First episodes are always so much fake set up on these shows, but I lol'd quite a few times during the second, particularly during the picnic scene. 

She is apartment hunting for the next flip so it seems like this is getting good buzz.

• Love 2

Apartment hunting does not necessarily mean there is a next season.  The premiere episode didn't even register in the Top 25 ratings, even with the strong lead in RHOBH-whose ratings went up a point.  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tuesday-cable-ratings-feb-6-2018/

Andy talks about that in one of his books.   The first ratings for most cable shows are not considered indicative of the popularity.  So all of the second tier stations look for buzz.  You and I in a forum get counted.  Inst/Snap/Twitter gets counted.  Dorinda isn’t retweeting every friggin tweet with her name just for the hell of it.  They count these things.  So there might have been good buzz.  Time will tell.

• Love 3

Interesting topic.  I don't see any earth shattering design choices.  In the beginning Fredrik wanted to set the property aside by making choices above the developer's standard.  Bethenny is pretty much one note in the design department.  Nothing wrong with them - nothing terribly stunning.  Haven't the Property Brothers being doing waterfall counter tops for years? 

I wasn't a fan pf substituting porcelain for marble.    I feel like you buy the house for the quality not the knock offs. 

• Love 1
On 2/8/2018 at 9:51 AM, dleighg said:

I'm the opposite; I watch the MDL shows but never RH. Fredrik is as they say "a character." Lovable and driven and seemingly un-self-aware. And very very wealthy. He and his husband recently had twins via surrogate.

I feel MDL Frederik is un-self-aware while real life Frederik is very self aware which is part of the reason I enjoy watching him. 

Bravo shows rely on drama to build buzz.  We'll see if this show produces that. I find it a nice diversion. 

• Love 7
On 2/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, zoeysmom said:

It is just so sophomoric and base.  Grow up. 

^^This^^ x 40 bazillion times.

Granted, a ridiculous number.

But, it cannot be said enough.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, zoeysmom said:

I would also like to see Bethenny get through thirty minutes without making reference to vaginas or dicks.  It is just so sophomoric and base.  Grow up.  Her date was cute.  

I'll second that!  We hear it enough on the housewives show, but when working with Fredrik, one needs to show a little more class, IMO.   I love watching Fredrik on his MDL show.  He's fun and classy.  I especially love watching him pick out clothes for his new babies.  He's been doing that for a long time though - years of hoping and planning for a child.  He always knew a girl would be named Milla.  Now he has 2 kids!  I'm so happy that his dream has come true.   I'm glad to see his assistant, Jordan on this show too.  They work well together.

I'm on the fence about the show.  I'll watch another one or two, and depending on how Bethenny acts is what determines whether I stay or go.  

• Love 2

Look at me! Look at me, look at my vagina schtick and how shrewd I am! I’m rolling in with my own muscle (her contractor and designer) unannounced because of my mommy daddy abandonment issues! No one is going to pull any punches with me no siree bob! Bethenny is always on the offensive so she does not get fucked over or hurt. I would like it better if they just redid the house without the antics. These 2 are not the cute polite Canadian Property Brothers. 

• Love 16

I've only watched bits and pieces of this so far. I did notice in one of the scenes that the Million Dollar Contractor guy, Steve?, is in one of the meetings.  Googling for a picture of him just now, and I came across this write up about him. I am just a casual viewer of his show, catching repeats here and there:

He did the renovation on the big apartment that the douchebag squatted in and the smaller apartment that Bethenny just rented out.  We didn’t see a lot of the renovation of the apartment she just moved into so I don’t know if he was involved there.

• Love 1
On 2/7/2018 at 6:32 PM, Bossa Nova said:

The fun part of this so far has been seeing everyone's horrified reaction to what they are doing 

• Love 1

This episode wasn't entertaining to me.  As a fan of the MDL franchise, I like Fredrik.  I've always found him to be good-natured, light-hearted, and funny.  I dislike all of the Real Housewives shows, and that seems like where Bethenny belongs.  She's a gross, loud-mouthed, no class woman...so unlikable.  I hate the way she treats and talks to Fredrik, and not in a "character that I love to hate" kind of way. 

• Love 17

F needs to realize he's not going to live in the apartments he & B are developing. Yes, he has taste, but why put in a $6500 or $20,000 tub. Also I wanted to know how the tub was better for drainage than the shower they originally planned.

That lunch deal with Eleanor was uncomfortable!

• Love 5

This is a fascinating study of Bethenny burning through relationships and people and a primer on how she did it over the years with her vulgarity, rudeness, condescension (the look she was giving behind Elinor’s back? FU Bethenny!) etc. Fredrick’s kindness and effort could net a future referral from Elinor of a secret jewel of an apartment to flip. It’s about relationships not just the hustle to the next storefront demanding price discounts as you stand there with a $$$$$$$ different colored Birkin on the daily. Fredrick and Elinor next season ! 

The yoga guy looked like Jason Hoppy ! Lol

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 19

Why would the producers keep the scene with the rescinded lunch invitation at all? Both Bethany and Frederick came across as mean rich snobs who wouldn’t want to be seen socializing with a (relatively poorer) elderly woman. Then they doubled down with the talking heads bit where they laugh off the concept of having lunch with her. Is the entire production team at Bravo that clueless that they thought Frederick and Bethany would come across well?

• Love 8

Fredrick himself said he didn't expect Elinor to say yes to the lunch invite. I didn't find it rude at all to rescind the invite, he didn't ask B if she wanted extra company and once he realized she would rather just talk with him during lunch he told Elinor he would call her to schedule another time. Seemed perfectly fine to me. Bethany didn't seem rude either, she was mostly laughing because he invited this random lady to have lunch without saying anything to her when they had no plans on buying the place she just showed them.

Fred should make sure to reschedule that lunch though lol.

My only problem with this show is that the episodes are only a half hour long. Oh, and Bethany needs to stop yelling so much. Otherwise I like it.

Edited by jvr
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, rhys said:

F needs to realize he's not going to live in the apartments he & B are developing. Yes, he has taste, but why put in a $6500 or $20,000 tub. Also I wanted to know how the tub was better for drainage than the shower they originally planned.

That lunch deal with Eleanor was uncomfortable!

A tub could be worked into existing drain line,  the luxurious shower they wanted to do would have delayed the project by months.

The Elinor lunch hiccup is just one of those social gaffes one gets caught in at times.

Oy,. the prices of those condos in less than desirable neighborhoods SMH

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jvr said:

Bethany didn't seem rude either, she was mostly laughing because he invited this random lady to have lunch without saying anything to her when they had no plans on buying the place she just showed them.

Bethany: “You don’t want to have a cheeseburger with Elinor. You know you don’t.”  

That’s not about business. That’s about making fun of the old woman.

• Love 19

The fancy shower issue is one of the reasons you really need to look at the apartment you are buying to renovate.  Your unit on the 4th floor has a drain in position x.  If you want to move that drain then it impacts everyone on the floors below you.  It’s a nightmare and Fredrick had to know that.  He’s an idiot but he’s not dumb.  

I loved the apartment hunt.  Sheesh I need to see things like that every so often so I can appreciate the livability of Minnesota in the middle of January.  I know that Bethenny and Fredrick’s assistant are still looking at places from her insta.

I thought the Elinor thing was part of the scripted drama.  Fredrick with his, this is how we do it in Sweden.  Nah, Elinor was in on the ‘bit’.  But I bet Elinor does pretty well for herself selling condo units for the owners when they pass or move to assisted care.  Elinor is their gal.  She’ll do right by them.  And all I could think of that multi level unit with a bath on each level is that some day in the next couple years that’s a real gem.  But right now, yeah not so much.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

Bethany: “You don’t want to have a cheeseburger with Elinor. You know you don’t.”  

That’s not about business. That’s about making fun of the old woman.

She was right though, he didn’t want to have lunch with her and there was no business reason to continue on with her in that moment. It’s not a big deal, Elinor will survive (I think). It happens and adults move the fuck on.

In other news, I hope they start finding some real fixer uppers. Are they going to venture out of Manhattan since the prices are so outrageous in the undesirable (right now) places? On Million NY Fred has started to venture into Brooklyn but I don’t know if B will think the returns are worth the effort. Fred’s really gonna have to hold back on the marble then. I like Brooklyn so I hope they expand the search.

From the previews it doesn’t look like we will see the Africa trip, I don’t mind though, I like Derek in small doses.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

This episode wasn't entertaining to me.  As a fan of the MDL franchise, I like Fredrik.  I've always found him to be good-natured, light-hearted, and funny.  I dislike all of the Real Housewives shows, and that seems like where Bethenny belongs.  She's a gross, loud-mouthed, no class woman...so unlikable.  I hate the way she treats and talks to Fredrik, and not in a "character that I love to hate" kind of way. 

Bethenny was different during her first stint on the Real Housewives NYC.  She was far less angry and unyielding.  She was brash and tough but far less so.  She's been through a lot in the last few years and I think it's changed her.    

• Love 1
16 hours ago, jvr said:

Seemed perfectly fine to me. Bethany didn't seem rude either, she was mostly laughing because he invited this random lady to have lunch without saying anything to her when they had no plans on buying the place she just showed them.

Bethenny was bitching about the place the moment she got there.  It's so "East River."   They both sounded pretty snobby to me when describing their location and the apartment.  IMO, Fredrick should've taken Elinor to lunch.  I know he was just being nice, and the invite wasn't sincere, but since he asked and she accepted, I found it rude for him to back out of it.  I have a special place in my heart for little old ladies, so I don't like to see them being the butt of a joke.  YMMV.   Maybe she was in on the joke, but it didn't appear that she was.   

12 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

She was far less angry and unyielding.  She was brash and tough but far less so.  She's been through a lot in the last few years and I think it's changed her.    

IMO, she's the same as she's always been.  I wish she wasn't so crass.  It isn't necessary.  

• Love 12
On 2/14/2018 at 1:15 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Fredrick and Elinor next season ! 

That would be fantastic -- they can have the walk-through, a cheeseburger and discuss all the gossip you know she has on hand, working real estate for decades.

(the look she was giving behind Elinor’s back? FU Bethenny!)

I know -  mocking an older woman behind her back is beyond low, even for Frankel -- and I doubt Elinor agreed to play the fool/rube on the show (if nothing else, not good for business, never mind the public embarrassment of not being good enough to have lunch with Bethenny Frankel.  Next week: Frankel kicks a puppy and we find out the puppy was in on it!) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, ChitChat said:

IMO, she's the same as she's always been.  I wish she wasn't so crass.  It isn't necessary.  

I couldn't agree more.  Among her many crass comments on this episode, regarding expensive bathtubs: "Not unless it's going to go down on me and give me an orgasm".  This, from a 47-year-old woman who's dealing in high-end Manhattan real estate?  The fact that she says these things so frequently, and on camera, while mugging to show how cute and "edgy" she thinks she is, makes her look like a ridiculous tryhard.

• Love 18
On 2/14/2018 at 2:24 PM, 7-Zark-7 said:

Why would the producers keep the scene with the rescinded lunch invitation at all? Both Bethany and Frederick came across as mean rich snobs who wouldn’t want to be seen socializing with a (relatively poorer) elderly woman. Then they doubled down with the talking heads bit where they laugh off the concept of having lunch with her. Is the entire production team at Bravo that clueless that they thought Frederick and Bethany would come across well?

I know.....so awkward and just plain MEAN....ooohhh.  I didn't like that.  Seniors often are lonely and want to socialize.  That rescission of the lunch invitation was horrible.  Fredrik wouldn't have done that if Bethenny had not insisted. Still, he should have not done it.   What a turnoff.  I watched the first episode and was bored.  Now, I'm just annoyed.  Enough already.  I'm done. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, film noire said:

That would be fantastic -- they can have the walk-through, a cheeseburger and discuss all the gossip you know she has on hand, working real estate for decades.

I would love that!  I'm sure she'd be so much more interesting than Bethenny.  Oh, the stories she could tell!  

• Love 5

Wasn't planning to watch this show but currently watching the second episode.  The advertisements make it look like "hi-jinks with Betthany and Fredrik" -- oh no.  Ugh.  Beth trying to re-make her image. Again.

How much money does Beth need?

I like Fredrik but not Beth.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 6

Wasn't Elinor the estate agent?  She might be older but she's working.  I doubt she's some poor old senior who doens't have a life.  They shouldn't have taken back the lunch invitation after offering it but at least there was only a few minutes between the offer and the rescind so it's not like Elinor had her plans drastically altered.

• Love 3
On 2/14/2018 at 5:22 PM, crgirl412 said:

Bethenny was different during her first stint on the Real Housewives NYC.  She was far less angry and unyielding.  She was brash and tough but far less so.  She's been through a lot in the last few years and I think it's changed her.    

Kyle Richards, her friend of 25 years was asked if Bethenny had changed and she said the only difference from when they met until now is Bethenny use to be poor.  

• Love 10

This show doesn’t know what it wants to be when/if it grows up. It had much promise, because who doesn’t love some good house porn, and seeing some NYC apartment renovations?! However, the unyielding bickering between Fredrik and Bethenny is not entertaining in the least. 

I would rather watch a show in which Fredrik teaches his real estate tricks and skills to poor Elinor. Bethenny thinks too highly of herself and her too cool attitude is off putting. 

• Love 10

I would rather watch a show in which Fredrik teaches his real estate tricks and skills to poor Elinor. Bethenny thinks too highly of herself and her too cool attitude is off putting. 

Fredrik?  Just like he does on MDLNY?  Because he has never been one to teach anybody anything.  And Elinor?  I bet she can teach him a thing or two.  Did you see the asking on that place?  Besides I doubt Bravo is going to think the over 80 market is the new frontier.  No, make this one work.  I say Bethenny and Fredrik’s assistant.  Because she’s right, follow Fred on twitter and he’s in town maybe one week a month.

2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

This show doesn’t know what it wants to be when/if it grows up. It had much promise, because who doesn’t love some good house porn, and seeing some NYC apartment renovations?! However, the unyielding bickering between Fredrik and Bethenny is not entertaining in the least. 

Yeah, it's not like we don't have enough real conflict bombarding us daily, that we should need this manufactured nonsense.  ymmv

You know, that is a much better name than Bravo Network...Manufactured Nonsense.  lol

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle Richards, her friend of 25 years was asked if Bethenny had changed and she said the only difference from when they met until now is Bethenny use to be poor.  

I've heard that too!  I don't really think that's accurate though.  How much communication do they really have living on each coast?  Anyone can hold it together for a phone call, texts, emails or short, busy visits 4x/year.  What is Kyle supposed to say?  "Yeah, she is much more bitter and churlish now."  She knows that if she did publicly say that and then "owned it," Bethenny would eviscerate her.    

• Love 1

I've only watched the show between commercials on something else.  I just can't with Bethenny Frankel.  And from what I've seen, it's just more of Beth being the person I just can't stand.  Bravo is trying hard to promote it given how many reairs it's had. 

• Love 7