Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

2 Dope Queens (HBO)

Based on the podcast, 2 Dope Queens, with Jessica Williams and Phoebe Robinson; four specials will encompass various topics related to talking about sex, romance, race, hair, living in New York, and Billy Joel.

• Like 2

Love the podcast, and enjoyed the first ep. I always find it hard to see podcasters or other voices I know only from audio. Sometimes I have to close my eyes for a minute or two. 

• Like 1

I mostly enjoyed it. On the most superficial level, Phoebe please let go of that blonde wig, it is NOT flattering. I kept getting distracted by it every time she was on screen. I liked Michelle Buteau, I’ve always enjoyed her comedy and she is getting her own podcast, so looking forward to that.

Edited by msani19
  • Like 2

I tried a couple of times but I'm not enjoying this.  The large theater and stand-up comedians has the feel and sound of a pay channel comedy special, but doesn't seem to fit with the interviews and hosts. It just doesn't flow well with Jessica and Phoebe bantering or chatting with someone.  Too much going on.

6 hours ago, ichbin said:

I tried a couple of times but I'm not enjoying this.  The large theater and stand-up comedians has the feel and sound of a pay channel comedy special, but doesn't seem to fit with the interviews and hosts. It just doesn't flow well with Jessica and Phoebe bantering or chatting with someone.  Too much going on.

I listen to the podcast, which is very busy and active—but I like it. I imagine that having visual gags as well, along with a blonde wig, would be a bit of stimulus overload. 

I'd never heard of them before this.

I imagine their podcast must have a huge following.

Seems only available on demand or on HBO Go now so I wonder if enough people will see these eps for them to do another season.

Theyre really good on stage.  On the first two eps, they had some good comics but I wouldn't have minded if they stayed on the stage the whole time.