Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Athena

Super Bowl LII: The Live Chat Topic

5 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Redskins had 3 wins, all back in the 80s/90s.  83, 88 and 92. 

Thanks, I must have missed one of those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

I want to know which King scion sold that to Dodge.

None.  Both The King Center & The daughter that runs his Estate say Dodge didn’t have permissio and they’re furious.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

How many titles does Philly have? I know the Phillies have two, and I think the Sixers have two as well . . .

ETA: In case you didn’t see SNL last night . . .

Well the 76ers have 3, but only two in the city of Philly.  They were the Syracuse Nationals when they won their first title in 55. 

But then the Golden State Warriors were actually the Philadelphia Warriors from 1946 to 1962 and they won 2 titles in that time in Philly

So Philly has 4 NBA titles two each for the 76ers and Warriors. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73

3 minutes ago, roamyn said:

None.  Both The King Center & The daughter that runs his Estate say Dodge didn’t have permissio and they’re furious.

https://slate.com/business/2018/02/the-mlk-estate-approved-that-dodge-ram-super-bowl-ad.html

Slate received this statement from Eric D. Tidwell, the managing director of Intellectual Properties Management, Inc., which is the “exclusive licensor” of the estate of Martin Luther King, Jr.:

When Ram approached the King Estate with the idea of featuring Dr. King’s voice in a new “Built To Serve” commercial, we were pleasantly surprised at the existence of the Ram Nation volunteers and their efforts. We learned that as a volunteer group of Ram owners, they serve others through everything from natural disaster relief, to blood drives, to local community volunteer initiatives. Once the final creative was presented for approval, it was reviewed to ensure it met our standard integrity clearances. We found that the overall message of the ad embodied Dr. King’s philosophy that true greatness is achieved by serving others. Thus we decided to be a part of Ram’s “Built To Serve” Super Bowl program.

• Like 2

When Darrell was walking to the stage with the trophy an Eagle was towards the back of the line holding his child and absolutely sobbing.  I would love to know who he was but I couldn’t tell the number.

• Like 2