Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Athena

Super Bowl LII: The Live Chat Topic

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Shut Up Collinsworth!

You should have seen I wrote on my Facebook about an hour ago...I hate him so much. ?

Yea, Chris was letting his bias show through big time!

• Like 4

“Mr. Brady, you have 141 seconds until this game self-destructs.”

Holy shit, I had strikethrough in effect, and I had to undo it.

Edited by Lantern7

Another miss 2 pointer by the Eagles. That is 5 points missed right now & it might come back to bite them. 

Will their defense make a big play tonight? They haven't made one yet. 

UNTIL NOW!!!

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magog said:

Will their defense make a big play tonight? They haven't made one yet. 

Did you write this script?

• Like 1

Eagles up by eight. Pats are in the coffin, but all the Eagles will be waiting for the body to pop out.

ETA: UCal tactics before the gun? Geez.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

Fingers crossed in 44-45 states right now . . .

“Final time-out so Peter Griffith can do his ‘Shapoopie’ routine.”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 5

Congrats to the Eagles and their fans for winning the SuperBowl! Nick Foles was excellent tonight. He was poised and kept his team in the game, when Tom Brady and the Patriots kept coming back. I am proud of the way that Nick played tonight, he played like a veteran.

This ended up being an exciting Superbowl. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Like 8

Oh my god oh my god oh my god that was almost exactly how SB XLVI ended when Gronk *almost* caught it and I nearly fainted because I thought Tommy’s horseshoe was going to work this time.  

Fuck yeah!

I can’t believe how many places I saw that said Giants should not be rooting for the Eagles because Philly but fuck no!  Sorry it’s Philly, not Dallas, I have no problem rooting for the Iggles over the goddamn Patriots.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Is there gonna be a Philly in the morning?

Heh, Philly cops might've been pulling for the Pats. Ehhhh, probably would've been bedlam either way.

ETA:

TomBrady vs. the NFC East?  0-fer!  Bwahahahahahahahahaha suck it!

Nah, he beat the Eagles previously.

Edited by AimingforYoko

I think that Nick Foles should definitely be the Superbowl MVP.

Also, I am very happy for Carson Wentz, who also deserves a lot of credit for playing well before his injury and helping Philly make the playoffs. 

• Like 8

Being a Redskins fan, I usually don't like Philly fans but tonight I'm feeling just as loud, proud and obnoxious as they are.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I’m a Colts fan who lives in Atlanta, so my hatred for the Pats borders on irrational. There is no greater joy than watching them walk off the field losers. 

How much is Nick Foles going to make next year? ?

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Heh, Philly cops might've been pulling for the Pats. Ehhhh, probably would've been bedlam either way.

ETA:

Nah, he beat the Eagles previously.

Stop harshing my buzz!

According to Twitter, the NFC East is now the only division where everyone has a Lombardi Trophy.  Off the top of my head, I KNOW the Giants have four, and I think Dallas has five? and Washington two, maybe three?

This is probably amusing only to me, but watching the Eagles roll around in the confetti makes me kinda wish the equipment guy messed up and shot off the wrong colored cannon.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 1

So happy anyone but the Patriots won.  And Cris Collinsworth can go back to his hotel and weep bitter tears into his pillow.  He was really rooting for the Pats, wasn't he?

I was surprised they let Carson Wentz be part of that happy scrum.  It's an interesting situation for the Eagles - perhaps Foles is a one-year wonder.  Perhaps Wentz's recovery takes longer than they think.  

Philadelphia must be going crazy!  I assume they have every police officer on duty tonight!  

I always think this is crazy - they all paw and kiss the trophy and it arrive on stage all smudged.  

Edited by Calvada
  • Like 3

Darrell Green presenting the trophy?  How...interesting...of a choice.  Why not Cris Carter?  He played for the Eagles and wasn’t also against them in the same division.

Just now, Lantern7 said:

How many titles does Philly have? I know the Phillies have two, and I think the Sixers have two as well . . .

I think the Flyers have at least one Stanley Cup

Eagles have ONE Super Bowl win.    They last won an NFL Championship right around the time the Lions did -- in the pre-Super Bowl era.

This win gives me hope for the Lions.  ... oh who am I kidding.   They are already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs for next season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mojoween said:

According to Twitter, the NFC East is now the only division where everyone has a Lombardi Trophy.  Off the top of my head, I KNOW the Giants have four, and I think Dallas has five? and Washington two, maybe three?

Washington has two, your other numbers are correct, four for the Giants and five for the Cowpokes.

1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

How many titles does Philly have? I know the Phillies have two, and I think the Sixers have two as well . . .

Three, last one being in '60.

4 minutes ago, navelgazer said:

This was a really cool place to hang out at tonight.  Thanks all for the encouragement, humor, sarcasm, whatever.  I had fun.  ;) 

Hey, it only happens once a year. ?

ETA: Cut to Jesus. “Hey, I’m impartial, but if you feel I helped you against those guys . . . why not?”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

The 76ers won championships in 1955, 1967, and 1983.

Sorry, should've clarified: The Eagles had three, the last one being in '60. Now four.

Edited by AimingforYoko

Sort of lousy job by Dan Patrick, eh?  As a Packers fan, I always remember Terry Bradshaw having to talk to Aaron Rodgers when AR was MVP, following a postseason when Bradshaw picked against the Packers in every playoff game.  I think he blamed Aaron for what happened to his buddy Brett.  

Just now, AimingforYoko said:

Sorry, should've clarified: The Eagles had three, the last one being in '60. Now four.

C'mon, don't you know the NFL didn't exist before Super Bowls?  Or at least that's what ESPN would have us believe.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

Washington has two, your other numbers are correct, four for the Giants and five for the Cowpokes.

Redskins had 3 wins, all back in the 80s/90s.  83, 88 and 92. 

Not even close since Snyder took over. 

Glad the Eagles won.  Very exciting game

But Gronk really was not that close on the last throw.  Yes he was in the vicinity and jumped up for it, but he never even got a hand on the ball.  Had 3 Eagles all never him all right around the ball.