Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Athena

Super Bowl LII: The Live Chat Topic

I hate that Timberlake just sang "with" Prince.  I'm not a huge fan of JT's, but I don't dislike him, and that just hit me the wrong way.

I find that to be blasphemous. Timberlake wishes he was as great & legendary as Prince. He will never ever be on Prince's level. What an idiot.

Frankly, that entire halftime show sucked like I thought it would. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Fuck that. The Prince thing was cultural appropriation, not a tribute.

He didn’t expose a nipple. Progress?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I won’t ever tire of watching JT dance, though.

He really should have started with an apology to Janet.

That's what Mr ebk said - "well, the dancing was good."

It certainly was a...production...

• Like 1

I liked that commercial for "The Voice".

Also, I liked that the Eagles have been aggressive so far this season. So far they are showing they really are trying to win this game. Hopefully, they can hang onto the lead in this 2nd half, don't make a bunch of costly penalties and get this win. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WritinMan said:

I watched the Puppy Bowl at halftime....

That’s playing all night. Cute bunch, right?

ETA: Pats get 7. When was the last time we saw Clydeales?

Edited by Lantern7

My husband has gone to bed and I am no longer allowed to yell at the television.  This is terribly frustrating.

Hey.  I thought the Eagles were supposed to have a smothering defense?  Nice stop on the first drive of the second half, asses.

1 minute ago, Cotypubby said:

I’m really enjoying the Tide commercials. 

“Tide. For the love of God, DO NOT EAT THE PODS.”

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

I’m really enjoying the Tide commercials. 

I WAS until they fooled me with the Clydesdale's I was really disappointed that it ended up being a Tide Commercial. ?

Given my hatred of both teams I loved the Cure Auto Insurance commercials

Edited by Morrigan2575

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

My husband has gone to bed and I am no longer allowed to yell at the television.  This is terribly frustrating.

That hardly seems fair.  He should learn to sleep through anything (the only talent I actually have), or get earplugs.  Tell him I said so!  :-)

• Like 3

Cultural appropriation? How? All he did was sing along to the Prince song.

It's rumored Prince didn't think much of JT and considered him a poser who was biting on Prince's style (as well as the style of others such as Marvin Gaye and Michael Jackson). Also many believe JT dissed Prince in one of his songs. If any of that is remotely true, it could be seen by some as disrespectful to Prince's memory for JT to do a duet with Prince's technological ghost when odds are good Prince would not have done the duet were he still alive.

• Like 6

Jeff Goldbulm and Westworld. Sweet.

ETA; The Giants’ 3-13 season may have broken Eli Manning.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It's rumored Prince didn't think much of JT and considered him a poser who was biting on Prince's style (as well as the style of others such as Marvin Gaye and Michael Jackson). Also many believe JT dissed Prince in one of his songs. If any of that is remotely true, it could be seen by some as disrespectful to Prince's memory for JT to do a duet with Prince's technological ghost when odds are good Prince would not have done the duet were he still alive.

I remember hearing about how JT idolized Prince (leading up to this week) and all I could remember was JT slamming Prince I that Timberland Song. I was like BS he idolized Prince. Prince is an ICON. JT not really.

8 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Jeff Goldbulm and Westworld. Sweet.

ETA; The Giants’ 3-13 season may have broken Eli Manning.

That Goldbulm commercial was great.

Any idea what those Eli Commercial are for? They're funny as hell but, other than the NFL I have no clue. Is it for NFL Network?

Edited by Morrigan2575

Yo, Eagles! Dig that hole faster!!!

At least it’s close. Big picture, right?

ETA: Avengers: Infinity War. Daaaaaaaaayyyyyymn.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Any idea what those Eli Commercial are for? They're funny as hell but, other than the NFL I have no clue. Is it for NFL Network?

I'm waiting for the payoff.  It better be good.

• Like 3

Eagles are allowing the Patriots receivers to get wide open, and Brady is so good at finding the open guy.  The Eagles are not getting to Brady and that is deadly.  He will pick them apart if they don't get any pressure on him.  

• Like 3

Oh my god the payoff to the Eli Manning commercials could not have been more worth it.  *hearteyes*

10 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Love him, hate him. But give Brady his props. He's the GOAT.

I will not.

• Like 5

The cops are out in Philly, right? Either way, I mean.

ETA: Would an Eagles win guarantee a follow-up to “The World Series Defense” on IASIP?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Will anybody let’s Eli and/or OBJ live that down? 3-13, people.

After tonight, they have a 0-0 record, just like everyone else.  And why can't they have some fun in an NFL spot just because they had a bad season?

• Like 12

Just now, Moose135 said:

After tonight, they have a 0-0 record, just like everyone else.  And why can't they have some fun in an NFL spot just because they had a bad season?

Yes, but the Giants wound up 5-6 games worse than expected. I liked the “Tomorrow” singalong because all the losing teams pitched in.

Eli & Odell for the win!  I just loved it.  They really had the moves down.  Nobody - not even a bad injury - puts Beckham in a corner.  

Edited by Calvada
  • Like 8

Never count out the Pats until the final whistle.

But face it, we are just living in a Tide ad.

Eli needs to stick to his day job.   But damn was that a good commercial.

WHERE ARE THE CLYDESDALES???????

• Like 1

Remember when I said it was too early to go for 2?  It seems inevitable you end up regretting it.  

Now we see what Foles is made of.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

WHERE ARE THE CLYDESDALES???????

No Clydesdale ad this year...

http://time.com/5128725/best-super-bowl-commercials-2018/

The Budweiser Clydesdales took a break once again this year in the company’s new and emotional Super Bowl commercial. Instead of promoting its beer, Budweiser used its ad to show the work that went into bottling water this year in response to numerous natural disasters all over the world, including in Puerto Rico and California. Budweiser has donated 79 million cans of drinking water in response crises around the world during the last 30 years, the company said. The ad, which follows one factory worker who helps bottle the water, is set to the song “Stand By Me.” Last year, Budweiser’s ad focused on the story of its co-founder, who immigrated from Germany to the U.S.

• Like 2

Would it make more sense to go for the 6, or bleed the clock, get a 3, and give Brady little time?

ETA: Nice touch with “OMAHA!!!”

Edited by Lantern7

I’ve been waiting all night for that Peyton Manning ad.  It was cute but I wish it were longer. Eli bested his brother!

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 4

Those 3 points are looking mighty big right about now.  But hell, they're burning the clock, they went for it on fourth down at midfield and got the first, so it seems like the Eagles have a plan and aren't letting the situation or the GOAT get to them. 

If I bit my fingernails, I would have bleeding cuticles right about now.  Just wow. 

• Like 1

I admit I don't watch a lot of Sunday Night Football, and when I do, I don't pay much attention.  But I'm finding that I don't much like Al Michaels.  And I really don't like Chris Collinsworth. 

• Like 4

Just now, ebk57 said:

I admit I don't watch a lot of Sunday Night Football, and when I do, I don't pay much attention.  But I'm finding that I don't much like Al Michaels.  And I really don't like Chris Collinsworth. 

Shut Up Collinsworth!

You should have seen I wrote on my Facebook about an hour ago...I hate him so much. ?

• Like 3