Type keyword(s) to search

Witches of East End In The Media

The first S2 promo already had me going "Show, what?"  This one only makes it worse.  :)  Considering the tone of the first season (even allowing for the occasional dalliances), this apparent swing towards the darkness may make the show even more of a hot mess than it already was.

I absolutely hate the new promos for season two. The ones from season one where they are in white and then the fire comes leaving them in black in a pentagram were cool. Oh well, promos or not, I can't wait for this to start up again.

Well, it's really a toss up at this point considering the ratings decline. A second season renewal was announced after 7 episodes had aired last year. We're approaching the penultimate week of season 2 and still no word. 

That being said, Lifetime only has two other shows in development of which only one is scripted (http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?series=&network=lifetime&daycode=&statuscode=8&genre=&studio=) so this show still stands a fair chance.

Wow.  The show runner sounds like she's thirteen.

Hey show runner?   The fans don't think Dash is a stud, nor do they think Raven is a badass.  And using "It's magic, right?"   to cover up the holes in the script you could drive a Mack truck though don't bode well for the future. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 3

The show's always said "a wizard did it," for all intents, so I'm not going to gig Maggie on that now.  Dash being a manslut...er, stud seems to have come hand in hand with his turn to the dark side, at least, but Raven..."badass"...yeah, okay.

The interview by omission seemed to confirm one thing, though: if the show comes back, Frederick likely will stay dead (which absolutely has to happen, if only to help shore up the flagging immutability of death on the show).

You guys, this might well be build as a drama, for me it is one of the best comedy shows this year, not that I watch (or keep watching) many of them, but still, I'll be back for more (intentional or not) comedy when the show comes back. 

No, it's just that it's near the end of the season and they're campaigning for it already.

I'm not worried about it getting picked up, I just think that Lifetime is dragging it's feet this year. It took them several months to decide if Devious Maids was going to get picked up.

Oh, and I really hope that Frederick didn't die, I very much enjoy his character. My question is, who was that woman who killed him?

Edited by missbonnie

I'm not worried about it getting picked up, I just think that Lifetime is dragging it's feet this year. It took them several months to decide if Devious Maids was going to get picked up.

That tends to happen with cable shows after sophomore years. For example, I'm still waiting on news for Continuum's renewal. In theory, they should be due to start shooting the next season soon but Showcase STILL hasn't decided yet.

Saddened, but not entirely surprised. The quality of the show vacillated between craptastic and stroke of brilliance.

I'm guessing since Lifetime is already a tier 2 cable network, its highly unlikely this show will be shopped around for a new home by FOX 21.

This kind of blows...and figures, somehow.  This admittedly wasn't a great show, but it had a certain just-go-with-it charm.  All we need now is for Lifetime to announce a new reality show to complete the circle.

Dammit, I'm in mourning now. We'll never know who fathered Ingrid's baby!

Yeah, that and WENDY IN HELL were definitely the two outstanding questions of the...five?...the S2 finale left us with.  Hopefully Maggie Friedman will drop some clues later on where S3 would have gone.

• Love 3

Dang. I was really interested in the setup they'd left: Ingrid's pregnancy, Wendy "dead," the Dash/Killian body switch... I won't curl up in a ball over it or anything but I'm bummed to not get a resolution.

• Love 2

This kind of blows...and figures, somehow. This admittedly wasn't a great show, but it had a certain just-go-with-it charm. All we need now is for Lifetime to announce a new reality show to complete the circle.

Oh but we do, we have the awesome True Tori! *gag* Edited by missbonnie

Aw :( I'm bummed. I love witch TV shows, regardless of how bad they are.

Here, here. I guess I'll be tuning in for season 2 of Salem on WGN after all. How long until the next witch show makes it to television?

• Love 1

Well poop on a stick.    I had just developed a crush on Daniel Di Tomasso.

The show sucked, but it had pretty people and was fun to watch.    Haven't other cancelled shows been pulled back from the abyss?    Do I have to join twitter to try to bring it back?

I do believe that there are several petitions floating around the internet if you Google it. I signed several, not that it will make a damn bit of difference. TNT and Lifetime have really pissed me off this year with their cancellations. I used to watch a lot of shows on those two networks and I am down to just Devious Maids on Lifetime (which I fully expect them to cancel after the next season) and Major Crimes and Rizzoli and Isles on TNT. I may give The Librarians a look see.

When TNT cancelled Perception on Friday there were a bunch of people saying that we need a network geared to the 45 and up age group. I agree with that too, most network shows seem to be looking at a 18_35=demographic in my opinion.

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 2

I just noticed today that Netflix is showing WoEE, and there's some buzz about them picking the show up. I so wish that would happen.

So do I. I came here looking for updates, even though I've seen that Rachel Boston has a new pilot that she's filming. I follow the cast on twitter, and they seem really close.

Edited by Anela