Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, green said:

But you don't own your lies until the final two if you make it that far.  Own them before and it will get you evicted.

If Shannon and James are all so bent out of shape they don't know how the game is played and are just sore losers.  You can't make it to the end without lying unless you are just a goat or tag along leecher type and they don't deserve the win.

I think it's harder when it's an unsequestered jury for this precise reason. With a sequestered jury, you have the ability to come clean and explain things. In an unsequestered jury, they already know that you've been lying and they may or may not understand why at first. I think Ross should have owned his lies MORE in his goodbye messages. It's not like the evicted houseguests wouldn't know what he was doing afterward anyway, but I think he was afraid to be more honest, particularly with Shannon. He was eventually honest with her....when she was walking out the front door. And, as we saw, Shannon knew it was more about gameplay and she didn't buy into it. I just think Ross played a good game, but it could have been smarter. 

James doesn't seem bent out of shape; more that he just got out of the house, had his family telling him about Ross' deception and is confused. In a couple of his initial exit interviews, he said that he'd still vote for Ross because he thought he was being truthful to him. A lot of his answers were him not being sure who he'd vote for, other than Mark (and he even said he might vote for Marissa). Other than that, James has seemed one of the more self aware players this season, not letting himself take things too seriously and has mostly not taken everything to heart (besides his whole Brandi thing). Shannon....well, she still seems bitter which just goes to show she's way more of an emotional player and takes things too personally. 

16 minutes ago, green said:

But you don't own your lies until the final two if you make it that far.  Own them before and it will get you evicted.

If Shannon and James are all so bent out of shape they don't know how the game is played and are just sore losers.  You can't make it to the end without lying unless you are just a goat or tag along leecher type and they don't deserve the win.

YES.  A major flaw in this version is going home to read and see all that happened.  

Just now, Wings said:

YES.  A major flaw in this version is going home to read and see all that happened.  

I honestly don't know why we didn't get a sequestered jury. I mean, if you're signing up to play the game, I assume you're signing up to win. So you've already committed to the three and a half weeks. Yeah, it sucks not seeing your friends, family, or Instagram feed but look at our usual poor schlubs signing up for three and a half months

Then again, they cut back on the clip show dinner (only champagne and chocolate covered strawberries? Isn't it usually like a brunch with mimosas or a catered dinner?). Maybe they couldn't afford the room service bills for the HGs. 

• Love 2

Ross has handled himself so well. He may have said some "mistruths", he may have been in multiple alliances and then multiple F2's. But, he has done it all with grace and maybe a little fear. He doesn't go to the diary room and gloat about how silly all the other HG's are and he is the puppet master. He actually harbors some guilt over the situation. It is something that endears me and makes me admire his game even more. It was not an easy path for him but he wanted to play this game he loves the best he could.  He was saying yesterday that Omarosa hs played a great game , even with the deck stacked against her before she set one foot in the door. He shows a compassion that has me snowed. I would be very happy with a Ross win. Initially I wanted it to be Shannon or James . But they have all been players and entrained me.

He can own his lies ( in fact , he was preparing for just those questions in F2 with Marrisa) and give rational explanations. Whether he is or not, he sounds apologetic, earnest and regretful . That goes a long way.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

But it is absolutely draining to listen to her.    She is unable to sit back and let someone else talk without interrupting, talking over people, or somehow interjecting her own thoughts and experiences.   For example, Mark might ask Ari or Ross a question and suddenly it's Marissa who is answering it.      She has a hard time waiting for her turn to talk in a conversation.

Or when she didn't have something of her own to say she would repeat things that others had just said.  That's the thing that would drive me crazy.  

4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

She has insight; she's quick-witted...but she's her own worst enemy.

It definitely does seem that way.  All I knew about her prior to this was from a few things I had read on entertainment gossip sites.  I actually feel kind of sorry for her.  

I watched BB in the early years but stopped around BB13.  I think I liked this version because the contestants were more mature and for the most part they did treat one another with some respect.  I think they picked a pretty good bunch. 

I'm hoping for a Ross win but I have a feeling he's going to get the boot if either he or Mark don't get the final HOH because everyone else thinks he is likely to win if he's in the final two.  

Edited by ichbin
spelling
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, missyb said:

Chen: Getting billed for peanuts on Air Force One (laughs). But that's just silliness where I'm like, "Wait, what?!" But it was really surprising that she doesn't seem that bitter against Donald Trump. She seems more bitter against his inner circle. She painted out this picture of how she couldn't get any respect or have her opinions or voice heard because it was an all white boys club. Not only is it an all boy's club, it's an all white boy's club. And she didn't lump Trump into that. She said at times Trump would say, "Well, what does Omarosa have to say about it?" He seemed to at times still rely on her and respect her views. I think at the end of the day she would go back to work for him if he personally asked her too. She doesn't like John Kelly and others who have his ear. 

Oh Julie, you believed her?  You think Trump really asked his cabinet to confer with Omarosa on anything?  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

It's probably a lifetime of neediness (wanting to be more popular, wanting to be pretty...thin like the other girls, wanting a showbiz career) that becomes desperation when she's overwhelmed.   Her husband and son must be SAINTS!

Before I forget, I have such a newfound respect for Mark. Watching him clean the bathroom (scrubbing the shower floor & pulling the hair out of the drain!) is enough for me to want him to win.  

I remember watching him on Celebrity Wife Swap and he was portrayed very much the same way: a non-stop cleaning machine and an extremely paternal guy who truly loved being a father. He was a welcome surprise (for me) on BB. He is a great example of how it's possible to be a musician and turn out quite normal when the glory days are long gone.

Re: MarissaTalksALot

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I am a teacher who is credentialed in several areas, including Mild/Mod Special Education. I can spot certain habits or a propensity from a mile away.

I recognize major impulse control struggles in Marissa, hence the non-stop talking and inability to complete a sentence, waiting her turn to talk or listen to others when they speak. I would not be shocked if she has undiagnosed ADHD or ADD, along with some possible mental health symptoms (very common in those with attention deficit issues), that impair her ability to be successful in certain situations.  I have zero evidence about it, but she strikes me as someone who also struggles with self esteem issues behind closed doors.

When I Googled her, I saw she lost 60lbs several years ago. I read another short article where she stated that she was miserable working out and "missed her boobs", so she gained back 20lbs. Maintenance is always the hardest part of weight loss. 20lbs becomes 25, then 30 and so on and so forth.

She's a cancer survivor, her son (whose name I cannot remember - kidding!) is only 9 and she is married to a saint. One would think that if a person has all of that, they'd try to be healthy for themselves and for their family. She doesn't have to lose 60lbs again, but if she were able to seek help for the other stuff that are obnoxious habits, I think she'd be able to drop weight gradually without even thinking about it.

Body shaming/talking about weight negatively is never OK, but Marissa opened that door last night and suddenly, so many things started clicking. She told the folks around her (during her incessant pontificating on BBAD) that she needs to get a grip on her emotional eating habits. I know talking out loud is a great method to answering our own questions (similar to therapy), so I was pleased to hear her acknowledge that she needs to get healthy. She said she eats to the point where she feels physically sick. At least she's aware she has plans to get help. What irritated me was when she started telling weight loss companies she's available! She doesn't need Weight Watchers to pay her. She can pay them and do it just like everyone else, especially since she reminded us five times now BIG their pool at home is. Then Ross with his "if Marissa can do it, so can I!" shout out to WW. I do love that guy.

I couldn't decide who was pandering more to Weight Watchers for a paycheck: Ross or Marissa?

I couldn't imagine working in an industry where my spouse and I were technically freelancers and never know when we're working next. That's not a normal (to me) way to live, especially when it comes to being financially secure as well as having something to get up and do every day. I think they call it "going to work"? I doubt they're going to be on welfare soon, but that would freak me out. Maybe that's part of where her self-admitted emotional eating comes from?

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 7

Just my 2 cents...I'm hoping for Mark, Ross or Ari to win...but the most I want is Mark! I really like how he turned out to be in the house.  Ross too, nice guy. 

I am sad that it ends tonight! But not to long until our summer season! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Wings said:

I wonder where she gets money to live on.  Independently wealthy? 

Alimony from the ex since he cheated and/or maybe she got half of his money? They were divorced after nine years of marriage and in the state of CA, so she was definitely not walking away without a pretty penny. 

He probably made decent money from "Third Watch" (early 2000s), but after that ended, per Wikipedia, he only worked as a guest actor on other series.

7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Heh. I knew almost all of them at first sight (except James). 

Same. I knew all except Ari at first sight. And then I knew Ari when the Steve Harvey debacle was brought up.

5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Last night, Marissa was extra hyped up, for some reason.  I mean, we all know she talks a lot anyway, but this time she seemed to be worse than usual... and louder than usual, if that is possible.     I don't know if she drank a bunch of coffee, or if her nerves were getting to her, or what was going on.   

She was talking about that this morning. She said she was annoying even herself then so she couldn't imagine how annoyed everyone else was. I appreciated her self-awareness!

1 hour ago, missyb said:

He actually harbors some guilt over the situation ... Whether he is or not, he sounds apologetic, earnest and regretful . 

See, for me, he doesn't come off genuine with any of that and that's what annoys me about him. He may very well be genuine, but he comes off fake imo.

I think Ross will win though. I think he beats everyone left except possibly Ari. Ross is very popular with the general audience/online and I think that fact alone will influence some of the jurors to vote for him. And I think the way the show has been edited suggests Production likes him a lot, which I think the jurors will recognize and vote accordingly.

3 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Alimony from the ex since he cheated and/or maybe she got half of his money? They were divorced after nine years of marriage and in the state of CA, so she was definitely not walking away without a pretty penny. 

He probably made decent money from "Third Watch" (early 2000s), but after that ended, per Wikipedia, he only worked as a guest actor on other series.

I believe the poster was referring to Shannon, not Brandi.

Edited by peachmangosteen
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I don't care who wins as long as it's not the person who has been asked to leave MORE White House jobs than anyone in history.

Evidently CBS paid her a million dollars to do this and a new talk show...per Radar Online at least.  Disgusting...I am so sick of her faking asthma attacks, reverse racism, etc. She is so dismissive about everyone's intelligence, yet cant even pronounce the letter L in the middle of a word..go to speech therapy before you get a talk show...idiot

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. I knew all except Ari at first sight. And then I knew Ari when the Steve Harvey debacle was brought up.

She was talking about that this morning. She said she was annoying even herself then so she couldn't imagine how annoyed everyone else was. I appreciated her self-awareness!

See, for me, he doesn't come off genuine with any of that and that's what annoys me about him. He may very well be genuine, but he comes off fake imo.

I think Ross will win though. I think he beats everyone left except possibly Ari. Ross is very popular with the general audience/online and I think that fact alone will influence some of the jurors to vote for him. And I think the way the show has been edited suggests Production likes him a lot, which I think the jurors will recognize and vote accordingly.

I believe the poster was referring to Shannon, not Brandi.

Apologies for my mistake. I saw a Brandi post, then the question about where the money comes from. Thanks for the clarification.

2 minutes ago, Christi said:

Evidently CBS paid her a million dollars to do this and a new talk show...per Radar Online at least.  Disgusting...I am so sick of her faking asthma attacks, reverse racism, etc. She is so dismissive about everyone's intelligence, yet cant even pronounce the letter L in the middle of a word..go to speech therapy before you get a talk show...idiot

I just hope she doesn't call her inevitable show "Head of Househode" , not that I'd watch, but I'm with you 100%. 

She didn't even finish her Ph.D., but she alluded to it while mentioning her years of education and degrees earned studying "communications." I don't know why, but that bothered me.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

See, for me, [Ross] doesn't come off genuine with any of that and that's what annoys me about him. He may very well be genuine, but he comes off fake imo.

I bought into the genuine act until Ross started repeating the hand-wringing, lip biting routine every time he votes to evict. Honey, they're not holding your mother and grandmother at gun point and asking you to choose. Just spit out a name and be done with it.

With an unsequestered jury, it may be that he thought it would work to his advantage. As a viewer, I ain't buying what he's selling.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I bought into the genuine act until Ross started repeating the hand-wringing, lip biting routine every time he votes to evict. Honey, they're not holding your mother and grandmother at gun point and asking you to choose. Just spit out a name and be done with it.

I was relatively ok with Ross being guilty in his DRs and stuff until Friday night, when he acted like it was such a tough choice to evict James over Marissa, or as if he was seriously considering getting rid of Marissa. Boy, you ain't that subtle. 

I'm still unsure if he's really been feeling torn about his decisions or not. I think he partially is, and then I think he's also partially hamming it up for the cameras, and for his evicted houseguests. Though I will say that approach works better than Marissa's "golly gee, I wish I could have used that veto to BACKDOOR SHANNON" tactic a couple of weeks ago. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm still unsure if he's really been feeling torn about his decisions or not. 

I can believe he has been genuinely torn about some decisions, not because of any personal feelings but because of game reasons. Which is prfectly fine, but don't pretend it's something else.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

With an unsequestered jury, it may be that he thought it would work to his advantage. As a viewer, I ain't buying what he's selling.

I think he has the jury in mind and that is smart and good game playing from where I sit. 

• Love 7

I'm glad that I might actually get to watch the whole finale now, due to my dad's plane being delayed enough where I might only miss the last ten minutes or so. I was definitely not pleased with missing the winner being announced, but I might actually get to see it happen live. 

As for AFP, it's nice to have no idea who it could be. Usually, I can predict the top three easily. This time? It's a little more difficult.

I don't know about the James-Marissa dilemma, but as for the Brandi dilemma..... If Ross had not had a preexisting friendship with Brandi (which I knew about before I saw that they were both in the cast of BB) that dates back several years, then I might not think he was sincere in feeling torn about certain game decisions regarding her.   But he did/does have an actual friendship with her.   So I think he really felt bad about not keeping her in the game, because it hurt Brandi.  She felt that he betrayed their real-life friendship when he chose Marissa over her in the game. 

I think Ross is truly a good guy, who is also quite sensitive to other people's feelings now, due to being bullied when he was a "fat, gay kid" (to use his own words).   He can't even bring himself to say anything that bad about Brandi when she is acting like a drunken fool.

While I have not been actively trying to follow Ross in his career trajectory through the years, he has popped up on a lot of things I already watched (either as a host, a cast member or a guest), and he is always positive, with a good attitude -- even on "Celebrity Fit Club" many years ago.   True, he has to be "on" a lot in his DR sessions and when he is hosting a show, or covering red carpet arrivals or whatever, so that can seem phony and over the top, but I do think he is more 'real' (for lack of a better word) than a lot of entertainment people.

Both Mark and Ross have handled themselves really well this season, and they are not coming across as buffoons but as capable, decent, level-headed, good-natured guys.

I don't think Ross will win -- simply because it seems like everyone is expecting him to win, which will probably jinx it.  But I think he has done a really good job in the game on several levels, and if he were to end up in the Final 2, he would certainly be deserving of it.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I don't know about the James-Marissa dilemma, but as for the Brandi dilemma..... If Ross had not had a preexisting friendship with Brandi (which I knew about before I saw that they were both in the cast of BB) that dates back several years, then I might not think he was sincere in feeling torn about certain game decisions regarding her.   But he did/does have an actual friendship with her.   So I think he really felt bad about not keeping her in the game, because it hurt Brandi.  She felt that he betrayed their real-life friendship when he chose Marissa over her in the game. 

I definitely don't question Ross' dilemma vote when evicting Brandi. That was obviously very genuine, especially since I know Ross has been kind to Brandi due to their history. And I do think Ross is a genuinely good guy. In fact, so is Marissa, even if she annoys the hell out of me. There's not many this season I'd call truly bad people. Omarosa, I feel, is a manipulator, but she also isn't as bad as the press makes her out to be (at least, if I take her behaviour on this season at face value and if I believe the evicted houseguests' opinions about Omarosa having two sides). I don't think Omarosa is a great person, to clarify, but not the worst person I've seen (calling people racists aside...). And Brandi's probably the worst houseguest this season for me, but she's relatively tame compared to...well, 85% of the houseguests on BB19....actually, I'd say closer to 100% of the houseguests. However, maybe more of them would have shown their nasty sides if the season went on past a month, as a lot of houseguests' true natures come out after the first month, if not sooner. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Wings said:

I think he has the jury in mind and that is smart and good game playing from where I sit.

Most of them did though.  It was entertaining last night to hear Marissa put on the sale of herself over Ross while she was alone with Ari, saying things like Ross doesn't need the money while her own financial future is unstable.  Marissa put on a good show of remorse over most evictions too.  In the end most of them were willing to throw someone they were aligned with under the bus to secure their own position. That's the game.  Any one of them who becomes offended and holds a grudge is a hypocrite.  Mark seemed to be the one who treated this like a gig over a competition.  He did some scheming but nothing like the majority of others.

6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Ross' major issue was not owning his lies.

I agree.  What he said just before the AFP award and after the final tally would have been better during the questioning phase.  He told the truth.  He said the game was Big Brother and if you don't know how to play...........................He did play a good BB game.  He was more a "Paul" than a "Josh".  I think people can relate to honest, sincere answers.  His blurting out right before AFP was honest and sincere.  I think he overthought his answers.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sorry I am so late to the game, but did Keisha's POS ex-husband really file for divorce 8 days after she announced to the public that she was pregnant?

yup and wanted a paternity test....

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm assuming it's a rug burn from the HOH comp he won.

Well, congrats to Ross on winning, I guess lol. The only way he loses now is if Ari wins final hoh and I think that's fairly unlikely. I don't think he played a good game, but he played hard and was a comp beast. And I don't actively hate his guts so he's better than like at least half of the regular show winners.

I didn't want Ross to win. Big Brother you lie, But you don't have to lie all the time to everyone. You can't have a final 2 with 10 other people. In the end at bittermann the butt.  He talked about Shannon playing hard ala and he played too hard. I did not vote for him for AFP. I also didn't want Melissa to win --  OMG that laugh ugh. Does she ever shut up???? I am glad James did not make it past the time he did. I wish ahri could have won.

Just now, antfitz said:

I didn't want Ross to win. Big Brother you lie, But you don't have to lie all the time to everyone. You can't have a final 2 with 10 other people. In the end it bit him in the butt.  He talked about Shannon playing hard and he played too hard. I did not vote for him for AFP. I also didn't want Marissa to win --  OMG that laugh ugh. Does she ever shut up???? I am glad James did not make it past the time he did. I wish ahri could have won.

10 hours ago, ichbin said:

Most of them did though.  It was entertaining last night to hear Marissa put on the sale of herself over Ross while she was alone with Ari, saying things like Ross doesn't need the money while her own financial future is unstable.  Marissa put on a good show of remorse over most evictions too.  In the end most of them were willing to throw someone they were aligned with under the bus to secure their own position. That's the game.  Any one of them who becomes offended and holds a grudge is a hypocrite.  Mark seemed to be the one who treated this like a gig over a competition.  He did some scheming but nothing like the majority of others.

Yes , Mark was letting James do all the work and laying low. And it got him far because James was eliminated before him. I didn't want James to win, I didn't want Ross to win,  and I didn't want Marissa to win.

James thinks he's far cuter and more important when I didn't even know who he was.  I know you have to lie in BB, but Ross had a final 2 with 10 other people. He just turned on too many people. And Marissa had the most grating voice and laugh.

The season set up as the two cute guys in a pact,  The two who grew up chubby and unattractive (in their minds) in a pact,  And a few females in a pact.  Ross just wanted us to feel sorry for him and so did merissa. They played it too hard.

I was really glad Metta left and didn't win. He is worth 34 million dollars. He's got plenty of money.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I thought it was interesting that Julie said she doesn't want any veterans this summer.  Maybe we'll see some new faces. 

I liked that too.  Either all stars or newbies, NO mixing.  

18 hours ago, antfitz said:

James thinks he's far cuter and more important when I didn't even know who he was.

He thinks he's far cuter and more important than anyone else does.   Hope this jump-starts some sort of new career...but I won't be watching, listening, or getting trained.

• Love 1

This season was sort of odd to me.  During the summer I am glued to this thread, for this season I checked in every so often.  I was content to just watch the broadcast version of the show.

Anyway, one thing I was wondering is was Omarosa they only HG that talked about their dealing with Trump?  Or did the other CA alumni talk about him and what it was like dealing with him?  I mean I know you worked with him in real life and not just on a crappy reality show unlike the others but I was still wondering if Mark or Brandi or anyone else talked their interaction with him.

I'm always behind and just caught up on the finale....so that happened. Oh well, this was a surprisingly enjoyable season despite the ending. Decent HGs, no damn showmances, and I'm walking away with a slightly shameful crush on Mark McGrath. Bring on BB20! Thanks for a great thread, everyone!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm always behind and just caught up on the finale....so that happened. Oh well, this was a surprisingly enjoyable season despite the ending. Decent HGs, no damn showmances, and I'm walking away with a slightly shameful crush on Mark McGrath. Bring on BB20! Thanks for a great thread, everyone!

You and almost everyone who tuned in! It was the best move for him, career wise and to give this country someone positive to think/talk about during such harrowing times.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Too funny, I just posted a very similar thought in a different thread.  Decent group and no showmances! 

Mark is awesome! I remember from his wife swap episode, the other wife called him a helicopter parent.  I think he is a good guy and it was nice to see such a down to earth chill celebrity. 

• Love 3