Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: The Collection

After rescuing an unconscious Reverend Alden from his runaway wagon, Caleb Hodgekiss -- a down-on-his-luck plainsman -- puts on the clergyman's collar and devises a plan to fleece the charitable townsfolk of Walnut Grove.

The BEST scene in that was when Mr. Cash first wore those vestments and Mrs. Cash heartily laughed at how ludicrous it was for HIM to pretend to be a preacher! I mean, I know the Cashes were performers following scripts playing characters but I couldn't help but think that Mrs. Cash herself felt it was from their OWN lives! Oh, yeah and Mr. Cash was completely believable as a fraud who somehow got guilted in turning his life around (and Mrs. Cash was believable as someone who knew EXACTLY what kind of person her husband was but DID sincerely love him).

• Love 1

I have never in my life watched this show. As a kid I would immediately change the channel if reruns were on. It just felt like it was a really depressing show to 10 year-old me. Also, I'm a latina so I guess I also couldn't relate culturally at the time. But I thoroughly enjoy experiencing this show through the podcast, which is much more fun and much less tragic then watching Pa's crop fail for nth time. Or when you told us that one of the girls eventually goes blind. That's so grim! No wonder I avoided this show! So thanks, Kim Reed! 

• Love 1
On 2/7/2018 at 8:07 AM, Your Aunt Tilly said:

I don't remember specifics about this episode and I haven't listened to the podcast yet but let me guess...he becomes Laura's new best friend and she makes him a better man?

Actually, it's Mary this time.