Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: The Bitchelor

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, SFoster21 said:

God knows there’s enough to work with.  I could do Nene Leakes and I have zero acting skills.  The woman is beyond extra.

Nene is extra, but the thing viewers love about her is her ability to read her castmates for filth and be unaccountably shady. Like calling Kim a "lowdown monkey in a wig." Or when Porsha said something about 265 days a year, Nene said "265? What planet do this dumb bitch live on?" Or recently when Kim offered her daughter up for sexual favors for John Legend tickets, Nene said "John Legend ain't worth all that. I listen to his songs on an iPod." I mostly think Nene is strangely not a big enough personality for Snatch Game. She's kind of extra for a regular person and normal for a drag queen. Nene is a shade machine, but I don't know how you necessarily distinguish that separately from a regular drag persona.

• Love 1

I don't think Milk is even particularly intelligent. Her reads weren't very clever, and her response to any criticism is "that's...dumb." And when she got eliminated, she was giving her exit interview and she said "me standing here right now...is stupid." I mean, maybe they are editing it that way, but lord. Does she have any adjectives besides "dumb" and "stupid?"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I don't think Milk is even particularly intelligent. Her reads weren't very clever, and her response to any criticism is "that's...dumb." And when she got eliminated, she was giving her exit interview and she said "me standing here right now...is stupid." I mean, maybe they are editing it that way, but lord. Does she have any adjectives besides "dumb" and "stupid?"

And in the season 6 Snatch Game episode, the best compliment she could muster up for Julia Child in the workroom was something like, "She wrote a 700-page book!!!"

It seemed like her mind was blown that someone knew enough words to fill up that many pages.

• Love 2

I am not a big Kennedy fan (her drag is just not my cup of tea) BUT she was great this week in the challenge, on the runway, and in the lip sync. So good for her - she did an amazing job.

I thought Katya was top 2, but I think they may be saving her challenge wins to begin further in to create a "wow, gee, now she's winning!" storyline and then they can tank Ben. Ben is doing an amazing job. I loved her in her season and I love her now. Her lip sync last night was atrocious, but the song choice was shitty too, so whatever.

I really loved Milk in her season and when I met her in person she was THE BEST and her live performances have been my favorite, but whew - this was not a good season for her. However, she'll bounce back. I don't know if she was getting a crappy edit or if she was told to be that way or what. 

If someone had told me "there's a lip sync/dancing challenge, and an improv challenge, and Kennedy wins one and sucks at the other," this is obviously not the outcome I would have predicted. But wow, what a surprising and deserved win by Kennedy, and a strong performance by Ben.

I actually didn't think Milk was quite so awful, but her placement as one of the bottom three was correct, and I think Kennedy made the right decision, since Milk really deserved to be in the bottom both of the first weeks (I'm still mad about her stupid, boring af Velcro dress "talent").

I really have to praise the way Aja has, um, *condoned* herself. Not only has she grown as a performer, but she also seems much more mature, and in not a lot of time. I guess we should all watch ourselves be awful on tv.

Like Michelle, I worry Bendela is being set up to fall hard, and she's done so well that I'm worried the first time she's in the bottom, someone will take her out. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

I really loved Milk in her season and when I met her in person she was THE BEST and her live performances have been my favorite, but whew - this was not a good season for her. However, she'll bounce back. I don't know if she was getting a crappy edit or if she was told to be that way or what. 

I'm wondering if Milk's out of Drag Show work has gone to her head.  He's been doing a lot of high fashion modeling (Marc Jacobs, Perry Ellis) and that to him means he's arrived. He because he's not modeling as Milk.  And to him, high fashion is better than what BenDeLaCreme does (burlesque, theatre (remember how Milk said Ben just "disappeared" after her season?  Except that Ben's been busy, just not doing what Milk has.  It just seems that Milk's success has gone to her head and not in a very attractive way.  It's like she just expected people to love what she did this season the way they loved the quirkiness of Milk's original season, except that quirkiness doesn't seem to be here this time around.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I'm wondering if Milk's out of Drag Show work has gone to her head.  He's been doing a lot of high fashion modeling (Marc Jacobs, Perry Ellis) and that to him means he's arrived. He because he's not modeling as Milk.  And to him, high fashion is better than what BenDeLaCreme does (burlesque, theatre (remember how Milk said Ben just "disappeared" after her season?  Except that Ben's been busy, just not doing what Milk has.  It just seems that Milk's success has gone to her head and not in a very attractive way.  It's like she just expected people to love what she did this season the way they loved the quirkiness of Milk's original season, except that quirkiness doesn't seem to be here this time around.

Kennedy also read Ben for 'disappearing.' It just seems that Ben was doing her own thing rather than going on Drag Race tours or DragCon? From what I've seen, Ben's been working consistently so the queens who have been 'she dropped off the face of the earth' come off as a little disingenuous.

I don't know what Milk has been doing in this season. It does seem to go against everything I've ever seen from her to be honest. I mean, she can be shady but so can a lot of other queens. In her original season she called herself a clown and here she did the same thing with Thorgy. They like the clownish aspects of drag and that's fine. Meanwhile, for all that Kennedy has done damn well in comedy challenges, she does not do that kind of drag at all. Her drag is very much Southern Pageant Drag. Also fine; it's not my particular taste but Kennedy is not the first queen to sit firmly in that wheelhouse nor will she be the last.

The biggest mystery for me has been Milk's complete tone-deafness. There is a big difference in her first runway in season 6 where she decided to put on a beard... even expressing the idea as something of a question when talking to Bianca... and being completely confident that she killed every single challenge in this season without even questioning it at all. I mean, it was all pure hubris. What's more, all of it was so disappointing. I wanted the Milk who did the promo stuff in a muscle suit and bikini. All of her looks were just... regular. Where was the weirdo? Did she get eaten by the runway model? Well, she did for television. Just hugely disappointing for me.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

The biggest mystery for me has been Milk's complete tone-deafness. There is a big difference in her first runway in season 6 where she decided to put on a beard... even expressing the idea as something of a question when talking to Bianca...

I was wondering why Milk was talking about "wanting to inspire future challenges" as if that wasn't something she had already done. Did she watch the "bearded runway" in season 7? I'm just surprised nobody mentioned that in the few times the "inspiring future challenges" line came up.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I was wondering why Milk was talking about "wanting to inspire future challenges" as if that wasn't something she had already done. Did she watch the "bearded runway" in season 7? I'm just surprised nobody mentioned that in the few times the "inspiring future challenges" line came up.

I am fairly certain that the beard challenge came up in regards to Milk's beard runway in some fashion. I think it may have been in the 'Meet the Queens' videos rather than on the show. She knows it happened so when she said 'I'm here to inspire future challenges' I just figured it was a further nod to that.

• Love 1
On 2/13/2018 at 9:50 AM, Egg said:

since Milk really deserved to be in the bottom both of the first weeks (I'm still mad about her stupid, boring af Velcro dress "talent").

Yep. That paper doll thing was not a talent, and her Celine was way worse than Chi Chi's Patti. This should have been Milk's third time in the bottom, not Chi Chi's. (And I'm by no means a fan of Chi Chi; I'm fine if she goes next week.)

• Love 4

The Bitchelor needs to be a recurring challenge.  I lived, I died, and I was brought back to life... so help me drag jeebus.  Ben was ah-mazing from the minute she slid out of the limo till she drank herself into a stupor after Ru done snatched her man.... on the opposite side you had ChiChi... who all she really had to do was ignore Shangie and hit on Jeffrey shamelessly... how do you mess that up that badly?

• Love 2

Hi All!

I think Trixie, Shangela, Ben & Kennedy did awesomely! Milk was trying too hard and so glad Kennedy took her out. 

Btw I like ChiChi but hopefully for the next challenge--she'll step up her puss games because by the sounds of it--she has lost faith in herself! SMH!! If Ru brought you back...you gotta show her that you're worth the bring back!