Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: The Bitchelor

• Start Topic

Kennedy gave Milk a well deserved trip home! Woooo! Kennedy deserved her wins, too, she was funny in the Bichelor, too.

I saw a thumbnail this morning for last season's Whatcha Packin' with Aja and thought it was from this episode; I may literally be delirious with the flu but so glad I was mistaken!

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 6

Milk looked like the Chicken Lady's sister from Kids in the Hall. The performance was so annoying.

As Beyonce has taught me.... was funnier than anything Shangie actually did in the challenge. Well when you have to work with Chi Chi saying "Mother"every other sentence next to you isn't much help for her.

Ben just keeps on rolling along.

There's that Classic Aja crap performance we all remember. Her runway was alright.

• Love 1

LMAO at the Bitchelor sketch, my favorite challenge so far.. Ben and Kennedy killed it, Ben in particular, guiiirl keeps stepping up. We are used to see her on those old/classic characters but she went dirty and I laught beginning to the end. I disagree with the queens and with Trixie herself that she should be in the top 2.. Sure, she was kinda screwed by Milk and it left us wonder how much better could she have done but one thing that in my eyes is keeping Trixie as safe every week so far is because shes hasnt be challenged yet.. I think knowing shes a fan favorite, producers are trying to make it easy for her by giving easy characters for her to delivery and shes doing good as expected. But thats the problem for me at least, so far shes doing the expected.. Even Bee Bee kinda surprised me a little more on be able to have some unexpected funny moments at the beginning.. IDK, I´m a fan o Trixie but I´m still waiting to see her version stepped up or she doing something a little bit outsited her box like some queens are doing.

Now on the bottom, yep, I think it was right to call a bottom 3 this week because Milk, ChiChi and Aja all struggle in the same level, different reasons only: Milk for trying too hard, Chichi for not try and Aja for be clueless about her character also missing the mark. So yeah, based on the competition so far, Aja shouldnt be considered for elimination. ChiChi was the most obvious choice: Three times officially and deserving in the bottom, and damm, shes just brought to this season what I liked the least about her on her season that was her excuses. Season 8 she didnt had the looks/money to compete with the girls and poor of her. Now shes not funny enough to compete with the girls.. Like, c´mon girl! It looks like shes the one that just jumped from the last season and didnt had any experience out of the show.. Sorry, nice queen but enough of excuses. Its either laziness or lack of talent, so  despiste how much Milk is getting on my nerves, I would have choosen ChiChi to leave.

Now on Milk´s note, geez... Is she really that committed to her character this season or she really is like this? For the reasons I said above, I would have kept her this week, but noooo waay she was robbed as she said. First of, last week she should have being in the bottom. And on week one she was also close to the bottom. So, yeah, see yah to probably return on this seasons twist and play the queen looking for revange.

On the lip sync, didnt liked the song at all for a LPFYL. Ben and Kennedy did the best they could but Kennedy connected more so it was a well deserved winning.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 1

I only thought Kennedy, Ben, and Trixie were good.  

Bebe was meh, not horrible but not good.

Shangela tried but nah.  She had no help from Chi Chi.   Chi Chi was just lost.

Aja was off, as Michelle said being a brat isn't being needy.

Milk was a hot mess.  

Buh bye Milk.  

And Shangela was saying oh Ben was speaking carefully - see this week's elimination as to why.  That is why you try to keep your tongue.  Don't burn any bridges, not during a competition where you can be at the mercy of the person who you dissed or thinks you dissed them.  

• Love 9

Chi Chi's performance was anemic, but her runway was pretty grood. She's been in the bottom too often. I don't know if Kennedy is picking based on individual challenges (Top Chef rules) or cumulatively.  I think there is a solid argument to make for eliminating Milk if you are picking only based on the performance that week. Milk's performance in the Bitchelor was so bad that she almost ruined Trixie's good performance and cowed Jeffrey. That's actually a pretty egregious sin. You're so bad and one note that you throw a trained professional off their game. Milk's runway was also pretty bad.

As an person who grew up for part of her life in Africa, Bebe's African virgin character made perfect sense to me. It might have been confusing as hell to everyone else.

Aja was on the right track with using Farrah Moan as inspiration because Farrah was hella needy and whiny. I remember her first words after they were given their 1st challenge parameters "Did someone claim this work station? Why won't anyone help meeeeee?"

I hope Thorgy was watching this lip sync. This was a testament to less is more. Kennedy is a dancer, but this time more restrained movement with building an emotional "story" won the day.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

And Shangela was saying oh Ben was speaking carefully - see this week's elimination as to why.  That is why you try to keep your tongue.  Don't burn any bridges, not during a competition where you can be at the mercy of the person who you dissed or thinks you dissed them.  

Exactly. More than their performances, all the three queens eliminated so far didnt helped themselves on what they said/how they portrait themselves. So, in a situation where the queens are put in the spotlight to make a hard choice (where they not only have to think inside the competition but outside) this three queens made easier of a choice for the queens that sent them home.

• Love 2

A lot of people were speculating on social media that they would keep Milk's elimination for next week, for the drama of her mentor/employer/friend (Marc Jacobs) being there as a judge. I'm so glad this theory was wrong. Milk has brought the whole cast down these three episodes, and Snatch Game. would have just been an amplified version of what she did to Trixie this week. 

Next week's episode cannot come soon enough! Bendela and Kennedy both have iconic Snatch Game performances to live up to.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Stowaway said:

A lot of people were speculating on social media that they would keep Milk's elimination for next week, for the drama of her mentor/employer/friend (Marc Jacobs) being there as a judge. I'm so glad this theory was wrong. Milk has brought the whole cast down these three episodes, and Snatch Game would have just been an amplified version of what she did to Trixie this week. 

Next week's episode cannot come soon enough! Bendela and Kennedy both have iconic Snatch Game performances to live up to.

Can you imagine the abomination that Milk would have unleashed on us during Snatch Game. Her psycho stalker girl tonight was loud unfunny and one note. She thought her Celine was dead on. Her Julia Child during her original season was a travesty. Milk would have been deadly to any chances of having a funny Snatch Game.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Can you imagine the abomination that Milk would have unleashed on us during Snatch Game. Her psycho stalker girl tonight was loud unfunny and one note. She thought her Celine was dead on. Her Julia Child during her original season was a travesty. Milk would have been deadly to any chances of having a funny Snatch Game.

Thinking from this side, yep, that worked for the best Milk going before potentially screw with Snatch Game. At least ChiChi will probably stay there doing figuration/displaying some of the new clothes she got after get a few thousand dollars richer (cause thats seems that was her only plan comming to AS3).

• Love 2

I do feel bad for ChiChi, she knew it was her time to go home and I'm sure Bendela chose her, but it was also clear that Kennedy was ready to cut Milk. ChiChi's drag has improved, she looks incredible but her talents just don't match the all-stars challenges. Shangela was so right in the opening mirror scene, that drag is supposed to be fun and Thorgy's dumb message was comical, so just let it go.

I feel like in AS2 the queens didn't get changed before the lipsync?  I just don't find the outfits they're switching into that impressive, especially in the case of Bendela, who must be digging around in her luggage searching for an extra outfit each week. 

Bendela was hysterical and her hair dress was amazing, she absolutely deserves her three tops (and the crown, I'm hoping she'll go all the way.)  Maybe if Milk hadn't cut her off with a terrible performance Trixie would have been top 2, but Kennedy was also really funny in the challenge--her attitude behind the scenes was not.  It would be great if they brought all the eliminated queens back for snatch game, since that's the most important challenge of all, but Milk and Morgan bombed the snatch games of their seasons (I don't recall Thorgy, maybe she was safe?).  This snatch game should be incredible, either way.

• Love 1

The double edged sword of the All Star seasons strikes again for me. On the one hand, I really enjoy that these seasons give me a chance to like a queen I didn't enjoy very much during their original season, like Roxxxy. Then there's queens like Milk, who I did enjoy during their original season, but not so much on All Stars. That's the risk you take, I guess.

• Love 3

Excellent bounce back from last week. This was great. 

Since Trixie hasn't really lived up to expectations so far, I find it interesting that the editors included them saying Trixie should've/could've won. I think it's a very good thing for her chances - there's a contestant on this season of Top Chef who has made it far despite doing awful the first few weeks, and the editors kept reminding viewers of her impressive background. It feels to me like she's going to wind up winning and they were trying really hard to justify it by TELLING us she's amazing since she wasn't showing it yet. Something similar could be happening with Trixie - maybe she doesn't start killing it until the end.  

Meanwhile, Dela is killing it on all fronts, yet I really don't see a winning edit for her. I think she might be a shock boot. You know a few of these queens wouldn't be afraid to take a huge threat like her out given the opportunity. The real question is if production would let them, or if any queen who picks Dela's lip stick is going to wind up losing the lip sync. 

Shangela is the wild card to me. I think she has a strong edit and she'd make a great winner, but she's more likely to majorly fuck up than Trixie or Dela, in my opinion. 

Just some ramblings. I'm all about finding the winner, especially since it's not as clear cut as usual this season. I think it's between those three. Hopefully Snatch Game brings some clarity. 

IMO, Thorgy's final message had a really nasty undertone to it (which she herself acknowledged, but left it). Shangela is, as she always says, a professional businesswoman. She's not about to let an audience see anyone make her sweat. Sometimes you eat an insult because it's better for business, doesn't mean it didn't piss you off. Kennedy was her friend and was about to go nuclear, I think that's a more accurate reflection than Milk insisting it's just comedy and screw your feelings (unless she's crying, then everyone stop and listen).

Dela, how qwhite of you to poo poo a buttoned up African princess in favor of a 'traditional' buttoned-up Catholic girl. Bebe did ok with that character, but that idea could have torn the entire house down with a Queen with actual comedy chops. Dela's cougar was hilarious and I love how every fashion runway she gets called Michelle Visage. Their coloring really is uncannily similar. 

I think Shangela and Dela have the best chance to go all the way. It's hilarious how every episode Shangela calls out Dela for carefully graphing out the effects of what she says to the 3rd generation, but Shangie-ho is just as calculating. She's just quicker with a quip and a joke to cover it up.

Trixie thinks too much. Which is part of what made her hilarious in Unnnnnngh, but I think it's holding her back on this platform. Also, I think she's trying to show things that make her a well-rounded performer, not just a Drag Queen (e.g. the singing, following basic rules of improvisation and acting). The whole time Milk was dominating the scene I was like 'bitch, you are a fake bitch! throw yourself on the ground and pretend you broke your ankle to make them pay attention to you! then call your agent and start complaining about how your'e toooooooootally going to sue everyone and then ask Jordan to kiss it better' 

Aja is like a puppy, I can't even stay mad at her because she's seems so innocent and oblivious but willing to learn. 

Chi Chi and Shangela reminds me of Bianca's season when she got stuck with...whatsherface....for an improv/commercial. Bianca was experienced enough to figure out how to set her partner up for success and survive, and keep herself out of the bottom. I even think Shangela's idea was good, setting herself up to be the straight-woman for Chi Chi's floozy, but Chi Chi just let every moment pass her by. She would have been funnier if she had just literally played herself. Her thinking and freaking out sucked all the oxygen out of the scene for her, Shangela, and Jeffrey. 

Kennedy would have been stupid not to cut Milk. All Stars is Survivor, not The Great British Bakeoff. Milk straight up told her that she was doing boring basic-bitch drag, no way would Kennedy be safe if she landed in the bottom when Milk was on top. And the other two girls are beatable, sorry about it.

Where Chad and Alaska doing the macarena in the background? I love it!

Edited by rozen
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, rustyspigot said:

Milk looked like the Chicken Lady's sister from Kids in the Hall. The performance was so annoying.

I am glad someone else noticed the resemblance, but sadly and typically, Milk did not bring the comedy that was needed for the sketch.

8 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

And Shangela was saying oh Ben was speaking carefully - see this week's elimination as to why.  That is why you try to keep your tongue. Don't burn any bridges, not during a competition where you can be at the mercy of the person who you dissed or thinks you dissed them.  

Exactly. Morgan, Thorgy and Milk all said things about their other contestants performances that negated what they actually attempted to do in their own performance, which resulted in them getting eliminated. 

I never knew until tonight that I needed to see drag queens in handmaid outfits doing the macarena!

Ben and Kennedy were the winners of the Bitchelor challenge by far. They were hilarious and so over the top. I give Shangela credit for trying but she was getting absolutely nothing from Chi Chi.

Milk doesn't seem to understand the difference between giving 100% and actually being good. She had her stalker character turned up to 11 but it wasn't funny. On top of that she was stepping all over her partner who was trying to abide by what Michelle had told them (not to talk over each other). It's like this, Milk - if a little kid runs as fast as he can but he still can't run 100 meters as fast as Usain Bolt, should the kid get credit for just trying really hard? When Shangela was asking how delusional Milk must be to think she was going to win this challenge with that awful performance, I was laughing. It's funny because it's true!

While I totally understand why Chi Chi should have been sent home (it's only the third week and she's been in the bottom EVERY week), I can't blame Kennedy for sending Milk home. Does Milk really think that if she had the chance to take out someone she didn't like, she would take the high road?

• Love 7

If Kennedy had gone home last week we would have missed her wonderful performance this week; not to discount Thorgy, maybe she would also have done something amazing.

People keep saying Chi2 has been in the bottom three times, and that is true, but I think Milk should have been in the bottom instead of her the first episode. Which would mean they were each in the bottom twice. Plus, if Kennedy wins the lip sync she gets to send home whomever she wants, or save whomever she wants to save. Milk would have sent her home, I have no problem with this. Maybe Chi2 goes home next week. I was one who thought they were saving Milk for the Marc Jacobs episode, I'm pleasantly surprised to be wrong. I hope Milk watches these and learns something. It would suck to go through life that completely delusional, but only in regard to your own actions.

• Love 8

Milk's delusion became completely unwatchable to me this week. I was praying for Kennedy to win the lipsync so she could send home Milk. And wow, between Snatch Game and this, Kennedy is a secret improvisation ninja, holy shit. Makes sense that she improvs all her dances, too.

Trixie's limo exit was EVERYTHING. It's too bad Milk fucked her up in the date, although there's not as much you can do there as a "fake bitch." I guess she could have been all fake-nice and then a total Charisma-Uniqueness-Nerve-Talent in the interviews. BenDeLa was amazing and came prepared with a lot of gags (and yes that was a banana reference).

ChiChi breaks my heart a bit. I think Milk was rightfully sent home first because, although ChiChi has struggled slightly more, I thought Milk should have been bottom 3 last week and at least ChiChi understands when she fucks up. Milk fucks up and thinks she was THE BEST. It's impossible to improve if you can't even evaluate yourself correctly.

Oh and I definitely vote we send Kennedy Davenport to Bachelor In Paradise this summer.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 7

I want to know what was pixelated when Ben got out of the limo with legs akimbo and later when she fell down. Had she actually attached something beaver-ish looking? Michelle's delighted laughter could have just been because of the way Ben carried herself but if the editors did add that on their own, was it fair to the others to augment Ben's characterization?

I feel like Bebe's African virgin needed a bit of backstory. Like, her parents tried to marry her off to the crown prince, but they didn't have enough goats or something, so they called The Bitchelor producers. Or "the prince had too high of standards, so here I am!"

• Love 7

I've always liked Kennedy. She's inconsistent in her performances but when she turns it out she really turns it out. I like that they noted she does comedy well. Two wins related to comedy now. Loved Ru saying people down play it because of her criminal record. The judging panel has been great with their jokes and puns this go around.

Milk...this has to be fake. She is not a very good actress and a lot of it seems super staged and phony. With that said her rant about the bottom queens was harsh and hilarious. Hilarious because she isn't above anyone in this competition. I'd say she's pretty even with the girls that have placed near the bottom consistently. Also what is she doing that is ground breaking? Sasha Velour has leaped ahead of her there so wake up girl. I won't miss her and hope she doesn't win her way back or whatever the twist is.

Love Chi Chi but she is not on form here and she knows it too. It's the opposite of Roxie last time. Though I think deep down Roxie knew she was just being dragged along. I like that Chi Chi takes her critiques well and I like that she's aware maybe now was not the right time for her. I would hate to see her pulled to the end like Roxie. It was almost sad when the S2 All Stars did their raps. The quality of Alaska's, Katya's, and Detox's raps to Roxie's was so staggering. I don't want to see that happen to Chi Chi.

1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

Also, who is Jeffrey Bower Chapman? He was funny, charming and handsome!

I know, right? He's a doll. He's a Canadian actor and model. He's on the show UnReal (on Lifetime) which is a drama about the behind the scene shenanigans of a reality tv dating show. So this was the perfect challenge for him to participate in.

15 hours ago, CaioF said:

LMAO at the Bitchelor sketch, my favorite challenge so far.. Ben and Kennedy killed it, Ben in particular, guiiirl keeps stepping up. We are used to see her on those old/classic characters but she went dirty and I laught beginning to the end. I disagree with the queens and with Trixie herself that she should be in the top 2.. Sure, she was kinda screwed by Milk and it left us wonder how much better could she have done but one thing that in my eyes is keeping Trixie as safe every week so far is because shes hasnt be challenged yet.. I think knowing shes a fan favorite, producers are trying to make it easy for her by giving easy characters for her to delivery and shes doing good as expected. But thats the problem for me at least, so far shes doing the expected.. Even Bee Bee kinda surprised me a little more on be able to have some unexpected funny moments at the beginning.. IDK, I´m a fan o Trixie but I´m still waiting to see her version stepped up or she doing something a little bit outsited her box like some queens are doing.

Now on the bottom, yep, I think it was right to call a bottom 3 this week because Milk, ChiChi and Aja all struggle in the same level, different reasons only: Milk for trying too hard, Chichi for not try and Aja for be clueless about her character also missing the mark. So yeah, based on the competition so far, Aja shouldnt be considered for elimination. ChiChi was the most obvious choice: Three times officially and deserving in the bottom, and damm, shes just brought to this season what I liked the least about her on her season that was her excuses. Season 8 she didnt had the looks/money to compete with the girls and poor of her. Now shes not funny enough to compete with the girls.. Like, c´mon girl! It looks like shes the one that just jumped from the last season and didnt had any experience out of the show.. Sorry, nice queen but enough of excuses. Its either laziness or lack of talent, so  despiste how much Milk is getting on my nerves, I would have choosen ChiChi to leave.

Now on Milk´s note, geez... Is she really that committed to her character this season or she really is like this? For the reasons I said above, I would have kept her this week, but noooo waay she was robbed as she said. First of, last week she should have being in the bottom. And on week one she was also close to the bottom. So, yeah, see yah to probably return on this seasons twist and play the queen looking for revange.

On the lip sync, didnt liked the song at all for a LPFYL. Ben and Kennedy did the best they could but Kennedy connected more so it was a well deserved winning.

OMG I totally agree with you.  The Bitchlor was THE BEST challenge I have EVER seen.  I, too, was laughing all the way through.  BenDeLa NAILED it!  I loved her interpretation of a cougar.  She said so many things...like when BeBe commented on if the bachelor wanted something clean down there and BenDeLa made her comment about him wanting something "dirty"...I totally lost it.  She is one quick witted queen, I tell ya.  Then her follow up comment about has he ever removed a catheter....I was like "WHAT"??? and roared with laughter again.  I thought Kennedy did a great job too and they both totally deserved to be in the winner's circle for their performances.

Milk drove me nuts last night in her performance and I was happy she went home.  I agree with you too on the lipsync song was a bad choice and didn't give either one an opportunity for a good performance.

All in all....I TOTALLY loved this episode.

• Love 3

There was a lot of predictability in this episode for me. For The Bitchelor, I knew Jeffrey was going to pick Ru in the end. Talk about your clear set ups. Also? It was also pretty obvious that Milk was going home. Once Kennedy started in on the 'she doesn't talk to me, we've toured together, relationships blah blah blah' I could see the writing on the wall. The only thing I'm marginally upset about is that Milk hadn't done one of her super weird looks. Maybe when they bring the eliminated queens back (since they obviously will) she'll be in one of her bizarro numbers. 

Kennedy was hilarious as the party girl (pulling the champagne glasses out of her boobs and the flask and the whole bottle... all of it) but she really doubles down on the 'we're supposed to be friends' thing because that's the same thing she gave Shangela the week before. "$10,000 isn't worth the friendship" even though moments before Shangela was saying that while she was friends with Kennedy they both understood that this is a competition. So for me, more performance... Milk likes Thorgy's style of drag. Is that not a valid opinion to have? Or is the fact that you've toured with someone supposed to make your style of drag their all time favorite? No one can tell me that Kennedy is a fan of Milk's style of drag, despite their touring together! So, whatever, Chi Chi probably deserved the elimination over Milk but I'm not going to miss Milk next week during Snatch Game. Still, the elimination felt a lot more personal than maybe it should have.

There are a lot of things I like about Milk's style but she's not an improviser by any stretch. I think Trixie's better at it but she was stuck in a position where she would have to engage in a screaming match to be heard over Milk's interpretation of rising to the challenge (read: be as loud as possible the entire time.) I kind of dug the leaves in her hair and the 'I'm not psychotic, I'm just really passionate about love' line but that was it. The rest of it was too fucking loud and too fucking desperate. Also, because of her steam-rolling technique I missed out on more Trixie because her Fake Bitch was pretty great. I love how she kept getting Jeffrey's name wrong.

Bendela... Jesus... she Went. There. Seriously, do not underestimate those theater bitches! They KNOW. Ben was wading hip deep into John Waters levels of gross hilarity. Come on, the chewed up banana? It wasn't just the deep throating of the banana in the first place, it was following it up with spitting it out and going with the whole 'baby' aspect. I was fucking dying.

The lip synch could have gone either way but Kennedy took the wigs upon wigs upon wigs runway theme and kept with the reveals which probably won her the lip synch. I still think Ben is being really canny. She's proving her mettle as a performer. She's not giving lackluster lip synchs but she hasn't gone as full on as she did the first time. That means, she's continuously safe but not having to be the bad guy in eliminations because can you imagine if she were the one responsible for the first three eliminations? I think it's funny when Shangela kind of reads Ben in the talking heads about how careful and cautious Ben is being with her words. Shangela, you're trying to set yourself up as Daenerys Targaryan in Game of Thrones (and that's already getting on my nerves) and going on about alliances and all that noise. No need to shade the queen who is also playing the game and, so far, doing it better.

I am looking forward to seeing Snatch Game. Bebe never got to do that in her season because they only started it in season 2. Trixie was eliminated before Snatch Game and then brought back afterwards. I can't imagine Kennedy topping Little Richard but who knows? Also, Ben's Maggie Smith (well... her Dowager Countess) was great. Shangela's Tina Turner in season 3 was horrible. Chi Chi did Eartha Kitt and it was funny enough. Aja did Alyssa Edwards which wasn't great and it got her eliminated... so I'm really excited to see what they come up with.

• Love 1

My inner Thorgy is noticing that Dela and Trixie (to a lesser degree) are getting assigned roles that are really in their niche. It's especially weird given that Dela was eliminated in her season for leaning too heavily on comical old lady characters, and now that's all production's giving her. Shangela and ChiChi were given a pretty lame brief, and not one that really pulled from the thing they were parodying -- there hasn't been any couples looking for their third on the Bachelor or related shows. Had ChiChi gotten the Dela treatment and been assigned a down-home Southern girl of some type, she might have had something of a shot.

I loved this challenge! The less production pre-scripts things, the more entertaining it is. It was also funny, and cringey, that the ones who bombed were serving bad college improv realness -- pulling focus, going for ten layers of crazy instead of keeping it relatively simple. Aja would have been much better off just doing a straight-forward Farrah Moan impression than combining eight million disparate, weird elements (ex-Christian for attention? wut?). 

I loved the lip sync, and I think it gave Kennedy the opportunity to show us she has lots of levels as a lip sync assassin -- no opportunity for dancing and insane stunts? She can just go ahead and take us to church. Still wish she'd step far, far, far away from contacts, but I'm appreciating her a lot more than I did in S7. Same for Shangela.

ETA: I just rewatched the lipsync, and I didn't realize that Dela was in the foreground for most of it, doing a lot, while Kennedy stayed mostly in the middle of the stage just fucking owning it, just feeling the lyrics of the song instead of trying to add a lot of extra drama to it. Dela did well, but Kennedy's confidence was electric and wonderful. I'm definitely rooting for her now.

Edited by annewithaneee
  • Love 6

It's too bad Milk fucked her up in the date, although there's not as much you can do there as a "fake bitch.

My guess is Ben or Kennedy would have plowed right over it and succeeded just as well as they did with the partners they had.  They just do (even though the skill sets are very different). Trixie overthinks everything. When she has time to plan, it works. But she's not really very good on the fly. I was actually rather surprised Shangela was so hamstrung by Chi-Chi's ineptness. She's got better skills than she showed in that sketch.

Edited by SteveAC10
  • Love 3

I think Chi Chi has something left in the tank in spite of practically begging to be sent home. After Milk was announced as eliminated by Kennedy Chi Chi stood there and sobbed. Girl. Get it together ffs. 

Kennedy and Ben both killed in the Bitchelor sketch. Talk about fully committing. I wish Chi Chi would do that, just go for it. She has nothing to lose at this point. Kennedy was funnier and better in the lip synch so her winning the 10k was the right outcome. Ben had said she wanted to show something different to the judges - not as much comedy? - but she didn’t really deliver. Kennedy was fantastic. Can’t wait for Snatch Game.

Speaking of Pearl ?did anyone catch the Pearl reference in the epi? Never say Ru can’t take a joke! And then steal it and use it lol.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

Had ChiChi gotten the Dela treatment and been assigned a down-home Southern girl of some type, she might have had something of a shot.

But there was no reason she couldn't have played it as a down-home Southern girl. I do think Shangela and Chi-Chi got the worst characters to try to interpret, though. They  weren't stock Bachelor types, that is for sure.

I am so thrilled Milk got the old heave-ho. Really unpleasant commentary during the season and pretty poor looks - I don't understand where all the arrogance is coming from.

ChiChi is wilting, but I hope can gird her loins (or something) and come back fighting next ep.

That was the most fun I've ever had watching one of these group challenges - just watching Michelle's reactions was good fun. I loved that Kennedy took it so far, and that Ben excelled again; and especially good to see Kennedy stick it up Milk via her win!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, 2727 said:

I want to know what was pixelated when Ben got out of the limo with legs akimbo and later when she fell down....if the editors did add that on their own, was it fair to the others to augment Ben's characterization?

I don't know if a drag completion is the place to worry about augmentation

I have to say I don't really get the choices Trixie made with regards to her character. She was assigned "fake bitch," and her take was to be fake...to and about the bachelor? To keep up a constant stream of conversation on her phone about how she secretly thinks her suitor is only a 5? I mean...ok. Choices. I don't know the stock Bachelor types; is this one? And what was the real contestant trying to achieve? Even if this was a reality trope, might it not offer more comic possibilities if Trixie decided she was fake to the other girls? At the very least it could have given her diegetic opportunities to reign in the nightmare that is Milk.

I’m telling ya, it’s Ben for the win. I’m thing that Ru is letting the other girls win the lip sync cuz it isn’t right to give them all to Ben. I’m sorry but she was much better in the lip sync than Kennedy, who just stood there. Anyway....  this was a great episode, but I’m wondering why they couldn’t have just done one on one dates. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Corgi-ears said:

She was assigned "fake bitch," and her take was to be fake...to and about the bachelor? To keep up a constant stream of conversation on her phone about how she secretly thinks her suitor is only a 5? I mean...ok. Choices. I don't know the stock Bachelor types; is this one?

I liked the way she played it - I watch The Bachelor religiously (...yes, I am ashamed, haha) and there's always a few women there who don't give a shit about the guy, they probably have boyfriends back home, these girls just want to be on TV so they can promote products on Instagram instead of getting a real job. Trixie was totally just there to be on camera and I loved it.

• Love 5
On 2/9/2018 at 6:04 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Milk doesn't seem to understand the difference between giving 100% and actually being good. She had her stalker character turned up to 11 but it wasn't funny. On top of that she was stepping all over her partner who was trying to abide by what Michelle had told them (not to talk over each other). It's like this, Milk - if a little kid runs as fast as he can but he still can't run 100 meters as fast as Usain Bolt, should the kid get credit for just trying really hard? When Shangela was asking how delusional Milk must be to think she was going to win this challenge with that awful performance, I was laughing. It's funny because it's true!

It reminded me of an old Glarkware American Idol t-shirt that said "Loud is the new good!" It's very clear Milk lives by that. That was not a good performance, but it certainly was 100%.

10 hours ago, Corgi-ears said:

I have to say I don't really get the choices Trixie made with regards to her character. She was assigned "fake bitch," and her take was to be fake...to and about the bachelor? To keep up a constant stream of conversation on her phone about how she secretly thinks her suitor is only a 5? I mean...ok. Choices. I don't know the stock Bachelor types; is this one? And what was the real contestant trying to achieve? Even if this was a reality trope, might it not offer more comic possibilities if Trixie decided she was fake to the other girls? At the very least it could have given her diegetic opportunities to reign in the nightmare that is Milk.

The "fake bitch" is a variation on the "wrong reasons girl." There's a big deal made on these shows about not being here for the "right reasons" aka to find your true love as opposed to trying to become famous. The "wrong reasons girl" is usually sexual really quickly, has her own product or business to pimp, and is superficially effusive to the bachelor, but much more neutral about him among the wifeys (according to both UnReal and other Bachelor producers the women really are called this by producers). The "wrong reasons girl" will usually find a way to kiss the Bachelor in the first episode and blow or fuck him off camera in the first couple of days, find a way to be as naked as possible with him on a date (a slumber party group date--she'll wear a thong and see-through teddy), drop mentions of her product or brand, have an off screen ex-boyfriend or ex-husband who she broke up with right before filming, and will accidentally screw up some key aspect of Bachelor's background because she's never really listened to him. The "wrong reasons girl" has the thinnest veneer of give a shit, but it's easily cracked. It's probably too subtle a performance to have to pull off during an improv sketch like The Bitchelor. It needs solid writing and a very deft performance. I can see why Trixie would go straight up broad fake.

Jinx @ClareWalks

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6

RuPaul: Kennedy Davenport... with great power comes great....

Kennedy: MILK!!!! [Kennedy waves the lipstick case with 'MILK' written on it]

RuPaul: Oh, okay. I guess we're getting right to it.

Kennedy: Go home, bitch!

• Love 10
On 2/9/2018 at 1:27 PM, Dandesun said:

There was a lot of predictability in this episode for me. For The Bitchelor, I knew Jeffrey was going to pick Ru in the end. Talk about your clear set ups. Also? It was also pretty obvious that Milk was going home. Once Kennedy started in on the 'she doesn't talk to me, we've toured together, relationships blah blah blah' I could see the writing on the wall. The only thing I'm marginally upset about is that Milk hadn't done one of her super weird looks. Maybe when they bring the eliminated queens back (since they obviously will) she'll be in one of her bizarro numbers. 

Kennedy was hilarious as the party girl (pulling the champagne glasses out of her boobs and the flask and the whole bottle... all of it) but she really doubles down on the 'we're supposed to be friends' thing because that's the same thing she gave Shangela the week before. "$10,000 isn't worth the friendship" even though moments before Shangela was saying that while she was friends with Kennedy they both understood that this is a competition. So for me, more performance... Milk likes Thorgy's style of drag. Is that not a valid opinion to have? Or is the fact that you've toured with someone supposed to make your style of drag their all time favorite? No one can tell me that Kennedy is a fan of Milk's style of drag, despite their touring together! So, whatever, Chi Chi probably deserved the elimination over Milk but I'm not going to miss Milk next week during Snatch Game. Still, the elimination felt a lot more personal than maybe it should have.

There are a lot of things I like about Milk's style but she's not an improviser by any stretch. I think Trixie's better at it but she was stuck in a position where she would have to engage in a screaming match to be heard over Milk's interpretation of rising to the challenge (read: be as loud as possible the entire time.) I kind of dug the leaves in her hair and the 'I'm not psychotic, I'm just really passionate about love' line but that was it. The rest of it was too fucking loud and too fucking desperate. Also, because of her steam-rolling technique I missed out on more Trixie because her Fake Bitch was pretty great. I love how she kept getting Jeffrey's name wrong.

Bendela... Jesus... she Went. There. Seriously, do not underestimate those theater bitches! They KNOW. Ben was wading hip deep into John Waters levels of gross hilarity. Come on, the chewed up banana? It wasn't just the deep throating of the banana in the first place, it was following it up with spitting it out and going with the whole 'baby' aspect. I was fucking dying.

The lip synch could have gone either way but Kennedy took the wigs upon wigs upon wigs runway theme and kept with the reveals which probably won her the lip synch. I still think Ben is being really canny. She's proving her mettle as a performer. She's not giving lackluster lip synchs but she hasn't gone as full on as she did the first time. That means, she's continuously safe but not having to be the bad guy in eliminations because can you imagine if she were the one responsible for the first three eliminations? I think it's funny when Shangela kind of reads Ben in the talking heads about how careful and cautious Ben is being with her words. Shangela, you're trying to set yourself up as Daenerys Targaryan in Game of Thrones (and that's already getting on my nerves) and going on about alliances and all that noise. No need to shade the queen who is also playing the game and, so far, doing it better.

I am looking forward to seeing Snatch Game. Bebe never got to do that in her season because they only started it in season 2. Trixie was eliminated before Snatch Game and then brought back afterwards. I can't imagine Kennedy topping Little Richard but who knows? Also, Ben's Maggie Smith (well... her Dowager Countess) was great. Shangela's Tina Turner in season 3 was horrible. Chi Chi did Eartha Kitt and it was funny enough. Aja did Alyssa Edwards which wasn't great and it got her eliminated... so I'm really excited to see what they come up with.

Aja's Alyssa was VERY lackluster and made Violet Chachki look like a comic genius by comparison, but she was eliminated in the episode after that (9021-Ho). I had to rack my brain to remember who got out in S9's Snatch Game, and it was when Peppermint assassinated Cynthia Lee Fontaine during the lip sync.

I really hope Dela wins this time around because so far she has proven herself to be the absolute best in everything, she really is an all-round artist. Shangela and Kennedy, (especially Shangela who has been a true revelation this season) are also very talented but they're not as consistent. Ben really brings it every single time, and I agree that it feels like Ru has to "let" other people win the lip-sync because otherwise it would be always Dela. And I think Dela knows it too.

About that, I feel that the incentive to win the final lip-sync (the money, that is) might not be enough. In my opinion, some of the winners don't put too much effort in the lip-sync because they don't want to win and be the one who has to send another girl packing. This elimination method might be entertaining, but it's not really fair, to be honest. This week both contestants did very poorly, that's true, and it's also true that Milk dug her own grave by acting so superior towards everybody, but her style of drag is model/avantgarde designer, not performer/comedian/actress. Now, I know this is not enough to win Drag Race (which of course she shouldn't have won), but at least it's a talent she has. And okay, she was terrible during the Bitchelor challenge, but the leaves and the ruffled hair were funny.

Chi Chi, on the other hand, has been in the bottom many times so far and, by her own admission, she doesn't feel ready to compete at such a high level, so in my opinion she should've been sent home. She's really sweet and truly gorgeous, and it's true that she and Shangela were given the least "comedically recognizable" characters, but I don't know, it's like there's nothing "unique" about her.  

Edited by stormy weather
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, stormy weather said:

Chi Chi, on the other hand, has been in the bottom many times so far and, by her own admission, she doesn't feel ready to compete at such a high level, so in my opinion she should've been sent home. She's really sweet and truly gorgeous, and it's true that she and Shangela were given the least "comedically recognizable" characters, but I don't know, it's like there's nothing "unique" about her.  

Chi Chi has been in the bottom a lot, but I don't think Chi Chi should have been the bottom for Divas. Milk should have been in the bottom for her terrible version of Celine and her decidedly average runway. Chi Chi's Patti was fantastic. Had that ranking been switched, I don't think Chi Chi would have been so shook. Furthermore, Chi Chi's Bitchelor performance was a nothing. It didn't add to the show. It didn't detract. It was just there. It was as much of a nothing as Bebe's.

Spoiler

Since Bebe might be an Eye, she was safe.

Milk actively made her scenes worse. I think there is a solid argument for either of them going home. Milk's performances have been a lot worse than the call out order would suggest. And much like Chi Chi, Milk overestimated her improved looks and skills.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I wouldn't mind seeing ChiChi try NeNe Leakes. Peppermint bombed it in season 9 so ChiChi could only benefit from that comparison.

God knows there’s enough to work with.  I could do Nene Leakes and I have zero acting skills.  The woman is beyond extra.

• Love 1