Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes: Wedding SOS - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I watched it while folding laundry, it's amazing what a difference better glasses and whiter teeth make! I like that most of the makeovers are attainable and more or less affordable. The bride who got the eyelash extensions may not be able to get a fill every two weeks but she can certainly put false lashes on for special occasions.

Men who can't be bothered to comb and condition (oil?) their beards should not grow beards.

• Love 2

I don't know their names but the most recent episode's husband's beard looked like pubic hair! So glad it was shaved off. He looked so much better afterward.

Not sure why the wife kept saying George was crazy--over and over--it was a little insulting? Does she not know any gay people?

• Love 2

Watching the new episode tonight with the couple who lost everything in the fire.  That floating-in-the-pool-yoga work out George took the bride to looks really fun. But since the bride hasn’t worked out regularly, I think she’s going to be sore walking down the aisle. 

I haven't seen the latest but hope to watch it today...

The first couple the wife didn't look much different come wedding day. Glad the groom was gifted the eye correction, as he really did have lovely eyes. I have trouble believing he went around with his hair in that crazy mess, as they showed him 'before'. I think that was a bit of a stretch there.

17 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I don't know their names but the most recent episode's husband's beard looked like pubic hair! So glad it was shaved off. He looked so much better afterward.

With the second couple, yes his beard was that gross. He looked so much better after they were done with him.

For the bride I was unsure about the shortening of the dress & added sash, but when all was finished she did look very nice.

This show is not too exciting, but it's way better than the Say Yes to the Dress crap show at this point IMO.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I have trouble believing he went around with his hair in that crazy mess, as they showed him 'before'. I think that was a bit of a stretch there.

I agree - that was some wild hair!!  I am not that interested in people getting waxed, plucked and tweezed before their wedding day.  

• Love 3

I'm now feeling unsure about all this eye correction they're doing. I just watched the latest & both bride & groom were given laser eye correction. But I thought the bride's frames looked great on her. Lasik is a medical procedure -& it's okay to wear glasses, especially now with so many flattering options. I don't understand George's war on eye wear.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5

I too don’t agree with the pushing of eye surgery. I do give George credit for improving the dress in this latest episode. He was right that the belt took away from the lines of the dress and the lace halter top was pretty and did cover her tattoo, as she wanted.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Psychobunny said:

He was right that the belt took away from the lines of the dress and the lace halter top was pretty and did cover her tattoo, as she wanted.

Yes, I thought he was spot on & did a great job with her dress.

The only dress I didn't like him messing with was the first bride. He tucked it in tighter toward the bottom to make it more of a mermaid, & I thought it ended up too tight around her bum; she also looked a bit more uncomfy walking in it.

20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Lasik is a medical procedure

It's always risky to have an elected procedure close to the wedding date, I had Lasik last April (in preparation for my son's wedding this past Sept.),there were issues following the procedure, I had blepharitis which caused a sensitivity to light that was crippling and it took months to correct.  

My question of the reason that couple were chosen to be on the show was because they procrastinated making wedding plans due to they were couch potatoes?  

• Love 4

I wondered that too about the Lasik - what if something went wrong so close to the date... I suppose the contract they signed not to hold the show accountable for anything would kick in & they would be cancelled off the show.

It's so strange to me that people have SO much going on in their lives they can't plan a wedding, handle regular life & take care of themselves- all at the same time. I'm speaking of the two couples with ONE child each &, gasp- full time jobs! And 'households'! This all makes it way too hard to take care of themselves AND plan a wedding.

Then don't.

They should have a small ceremony & nice dinner somewhere & go back to their incredibly hectic lives.

And by all means with the second couple who couldn't handle anything as it is - add another child!  Yeah, that'll work out well for two people already supposedly so overwhelmed by life.

The fire couple I understood. But I hope that we're not going to see a bunch of entitled brats getting free makeovers all season just because they decided to get married.

Edited by gonecrackers
too many already's already
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I wondered that too about the Lasik - what if something went wrong so close to the date... I suppose the contract they signed not to hold the show accountable for anything would kick in & they would be cancelled off the show.

It's so strange to me that people have SO much going on in their lives they can't plan a wedding, handle regular life & take care of themselves- all at the same time. I'm speaking of the two couples with ONE child each &, gasp- full time jobs! And 'households'! This all makes it way too hard to take care of themselves AND plan a wedding.

Then don't.

They should have a small ceremony & nice dinner somewhere & go back to their incredibly hectic lives.

And by all means with the second couple who couldn't handle anything as it is - add another child!  Yeah, that'll work out well for two people already supposedly already so overwhelmed by life.

The fire couple I understood. But I hope that we're not going to see a bunch of entitled brats getting free makeovers all season just because they decided to get married.

No kidding, I mean ONE child sends you into a tizzy?  

• Love 2

Well I love love love this show, and you wanna know why, because George is a doll and is so kind. I have missed him since he stopped doing the show Fashion Police.  He did it when the wonderful Joan Rivers was still alive. He is a sweetie. Very talented too. Those people need help, and he actually does some good!

• Love 3

If someone came to make me over, the FIRST thing I would do would be to get Lasik--it's free Lasik! (I can't, I had cataracts). I think a lot of people who wear glasses would jump at that chance, I don't think it's the show pushing it, necessarily--they probably offer to everyone with glasses, and everyone seems really on board with it.

Lasik is a nice thing for many people, but again it's being done VERY close to the weddings, not accounting for any possible side effects & the time it will take to recover. It could make their day, or it could ruin it. Of course we're only going to see the successes.

And since again, it is medical in nature, I'm just hoping everyone actually agreed to it ahead of time after doing their own research.

The thing that bothers me, though, about so many lasik procedures being done on this show is it's kind of sending a message that glasses are somehow ugly. I thought we had made a lot of progress in that area, so I don't like the style war on eye wear.

In fact, there was one groom who George helped with choosing frames (I wonder if this groom preferred not to do Lasik). In the end, though, between the glasses & groom-chosen bow tie, George declared he looked 'too nerdy' & the groom was instructed to remove his glasses for the wedding.

Honestly, I was downright pissed when I saw this. He chose to wear glasses, had nice new frames - why should he have to take them off because of George's preference?  So the groom should sacrifice a clear picture of his made over bride walking down the aisle just to look less 'nerdy'?  IMO - total bull shit.

If this keeps up I'm going to declare this show one big freakin' Lasik advertisement.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Well I love love love this show, and you wanna know why, because George is a doll and is so kind. I have missed him since he stopped doing the show Fashion Police.  He did it when the wonderful Joan Rivers was still alive. He is a sweetie. Very talented too. Those people need help, and he actually does some good!

Thank you!!  I could not figure out where I knew George from!!!!  

53 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

In fact, there was one groom who George helped with choosing frames (I wonder if this groom preferred not to do Lasik). In the end, though, between the glasses & groom-chosen bow tie, George declared he looked 'too nerdy' & the groom was instructed to remove his glasses for the wedding.

Yep, I agree!!  To many people (my hubby bring one of them) glasses are just a part of who they are!!  My hub looks so different to me without his glasses.  Let the groom where his glasses, for goodness sake!

• Love 5

Enjoying this show but as a natural blonde, I find it strange and sorta offensive every time George says "your hair is too many different shades of blonde" or "it's too streaky". Um news flash George, the all over platinum is not only super hard to maintain but also so "fake" and a dead giveaway that its not natural. Real blonde hair is lots of different shades; well unless you are under age 8. Personally, I thought the apt fire bride looked much better with more natural hair. I would have maybe added some highlights and conditioned it. That yellow all over blonde wasn't so great on her IMO. 

As for the LASIK, I have to admit if someone offered to pay for me to have it done, I would let them do it too. Its an expensive surgery that most insurance company's won't cover. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lark37 said:

As for the LASIK, I have to admit if someone offered to pay for me to have it done, I would let them do it too. Its an expensive surgery that most insurance company's won't cover. 

I wouldn't fault anyone for wanting Lasik, & would even consider it myself. But is it something I'd do 1 week before my wedding? Definitely not.

And I feel this show is pushing it for some reason; that's what's bugging me more than anything. He obviously has an issue with eye wear, because he even told that one groom to take his glasses off for the wedding. I can only hope his eyesight wasn't that bad, but he most definitely didn't have a clear picture of his bride walking toward him. That's just not right. Eye glasses are not ugly.

The groom should've told him 'No thanks George I want to see my bride clearly!'  Geesh, especially after her freakin' makeover... the groom doesn't even get to see her clearly during her 'walk'?  Yeah, sorry, but that pissed me off.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7

I'm watching the episode with Stephanie and Adel and I'm torn on this show. Like I just don't know what to make of it. On one hand, I think what the show is doing is nice for the couples but on the other hand, I'm kind of like, if you are too busy to take care of yourself and plan a wedding that does not bode well for married life. 

• Love 3

Liposuction, sweat gland neutralization, hair removal, vision surgery, and crash diets? If this last episode (Stephanie and Adel) had been the first one I saw, I don't think I would have watched another one.

I'm kind of amazed at how many cosmetic procedures there are available (IF you have the money or a TV show springing for it, of course) - this week there was cosmetic acupuncture & eyebrow microblading (they didn't show the latter happening).

Of course there were more cosmetic dental treatments & laser hair removal.

I thought the groom looked great in the end but the bride's dress was meh; it didn't fit her well up top.  I expected more for her wanting a boho look- like some cool sleeves or interesting texture- but it was boring.

The ceremony space was lovely but way too small; not sure what George (or the show) was thinking squeezing everyone in there without enough room for seating everyone.

George is very personable but playing with the bride's hair the morning of was kind of creepy.

Of course the bride's glasses disappeared, so hopefully she had contacts in & could actually see clearly.  My guess is she turned down the Lasik offer.

Who has nothing done 3-4 weeks before their wedding?? 

People have to apply for this show well in advance, so of course there are set ups happening here. They are working with them on what to actually get done & how the show will help them, specifically.

I think the 'before' pictures are hilarious in how they emphasize their sloppiness. No one walks around all the time looking like the disheveled messes they are before their transformations. They must tell them to get out of bed, throw something old & comfy on, don't do their hair etc, & they'll take the 'before' picture... LOL.

• Love 3

Well I loved this episode....cause I love that George, can't help myself. Adored her two piece dress and new hair (but I would have killed anybody who cut off a foot of my hair without asking, let me tell ya). Her hubby looked pretty too.  I thought it was a win win episode for everybody involved. I do agree with too many "procedures" though. I hate that. 

• Love 1

I think they were just being dramatic about the hair for the show - they seemed to talk about it extensively & she approved them cutting it into a bob, which is what he called it beforehand, so she would've been sufficiently prepped that it was a major cut for her.

I liked her end result cut/color, but I did not like how it was styled for the wedding.

I liked the bottom of the "dress", but did not like the top.  I thought the first top looked a lot better and was more flattering to her body type.  I kept waiting for her to bend over and flash everyone because the top looked about 2 sizes too large.  I loved her hair, both the color and cut.  It made her look more youthful.  Both bride and groom were much improved after all of the primping was done.

• Love 4

I am watching this show for the first time tonight. (Jessica and David: Instant Family).  I remember George from "Fashion Police;" liked him there.

Learned about a new thing for eyebrows in this ep.  Can't remember the name, but I'm interested!  Haven't seen the final result though.

Okay -- it is microblading -- a semipermanent tattoo.  

Edited by Thumper

I love that brow process. Love love love.  Man, I would love to find some place in Atlanta to do that for me, THAT I COULD TRUST. Wonderful episode, boy they were one hot slobby mess, but George made them fabulous. Love that George!