Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, fib said:

Ben was on Kaitlyns season, wasnt he? And Jojo is still engaged.  Im so confused by this!

When Ben was the Bachelor he told both JoJo and Lauren that he loved them, and ultimately chose Lauren. 

I think Ben and Lauren may have gone the distance had they not done the Happily Ever After? reality series. TPTB obviously were pushing for it to end in a wedding, and while I do think Ben wanted to marry Lauren, he was not ready that soon. Lauren was ready, but I think the fact that it played out in front of an audience was their undoing, I think had they kept private after the Bachelor as JoJo and Jordan have done, they would still be together and possibly even married by now. But in any case they would have found the right timing for them both, rather than be pushed into a wedding for ratings. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, fib said:

Ben was on Kaitlyns season, wasnt he? And Jojo is still engaged.  Im so confused by this!

christian and Clare, god bless.  These two could not communicate with each other. He needed something like an opening from her and she kept getting more put off when he was hesitant with her, exacerbating things

Yes Ben was on Kaitlyn's season where he finished in 3rd spot. He then was the next season's Bachelor. JoJo was his second choice as he chose Lauren as his F1. JoJo then went on to be the Bachelorette choosing Jordan. And yes they are still engaged. After typing all that out I can see why your confused..lol

• Love 5
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

When Ben was the Bachelor he told both JoJo and Lauren that he loved them, and ultimately chose Lauren. 

I think Ben and Lauren may have gone the distance had they not done the Happily Ever After? reality series. TPTB obviously were pushing for it to end in a wedding, and while I do think Ben wanted to marry Lauren, he was not ready that soon. Lauren was ready, but I think the fact that it played out in front of an audience was their undoing, I think had they kept private after the Bachelor as JoJo and Jordan have done, they would still be together and possibly even married by now. But in any case they would have found the right timing for them both, rather than be pushed into a wedding for ratings. 

1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

Yes Ben was on Kaitlyn's season where he finished in 3rd spot. He then was the next season's Bachelor. JoJo was his second choice as he chose Lauren as his F1. JoJo then went on to be the Bachelorette choosing Jordan. And yes they are still engaged. After typing all that out I can see why your confused..lol

God bless I need a brain transplant.  Thanks.  

Regarding Ben and Lauren - no they would not have gone the distance, IMHO.  The key thing I saw in that relationship during that show was that Ben was too immature to be a family man and Lauren wasnt as squeaky clean as she had seemed in the show's run. What do I mean? Lauren really wanted babies and a family, and Ben wouldnt even discuss it.  He indicated that he wasnt ready to talk about wanting kids or when they could have them.  IMHO, that's immaturity.  Lauren might have waited around with him if he had said something like, "You know I want kids, but I want to be married for two years first".  But he instead said, "I can't believe you want to talk about that, we just moved in together".  In my dating experience, this dodge is tough to handle. Unwillingness to even discuss a timeline or actual preferences? That says "Im just not that into you, but don't want to tell you that".  If Ben was that into her? He is an idiot. 

And Ben is sooooo squeaky clean and Jesus-y.  Lauren admitted to -I think - some drug use? Or getting arrested? I think Lauren is a little wilder when with her friends than she appeared during the series, and I dont think Ben loved that.  

IMHO, Ben loved the idea of Lauren, not the actual women.  And that's why he is crushed. 

• Love 2

That was a load of malarkey!  Just when I thought this show couldn’t sink any lower.  How convenient that Ben cleared out before JoJo’s appearance. I honestly believe those two would still be together.  “She is blonde and easy to talk to.”  You don’t ask for much in a woman do you Dean? 

I can’t stand Rachel.  I never got the hype.  She seems rather pleased with herself.  I don’t find her the least bit interesting. 

• Love 8

Okay, so Bibiana has spent more time with Jordan in two days than she did with Arie in all her time in Bachelorland. Yet she was all "I'm here to find love with Arie" and now she's not ready for a commitment with a guy who actually likes her? Okay then. She should have checked out the script for this franchise before she signed up. At least she pretty much sunk her chances at being b-ette, so thank you for that.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, fib said:

And Ben is sooooo squeaky clean and Jesus-y.  Lauren admitted to -I think - some drug use? Or getting arrested? I think Lauren is a little wilder when with her friends than she appeared during the series, and I dont think Ben loved that. 

After watching the Happily Ever After I felt that Ben was a weird combo of naivete and self-absorption that got on Lauren's last nerve. Maybe it was faked for the show, but who is naive enough to think that starring in the Bachelor merits singing the National Anthem at a major league baseball game? Ben did! And remember he was going to run for public office after his season but ABC said he couldn't.  Who thinks that starring in the Bachelor merits holding public office? Ben did! And apparently he wanted to host the Winter Games with Chris Harrison, but they said no. So who thinks being the Bachelor merits stealing Chris Harrison's job from under him? Ben did! 

I know we all knock Sean Lowe for showing up constantly but he has pretty much stayed in his lane and pursued cheesy opportunities with a sense of humor. Ben, however, seems to treat his Bachelor position as a launch pad to pretty much any opportunity he sets his eyes on. I'm sensing some serious, self-absorbed, special snowflake vibes from him, and I think Lauren did too, and cut and ran.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

At least she pretty much sunk her chances at being b-ette, so thank you for that.

I don’t think Bibiana was ever in the running for being cast as the lead. She was probably lucky to have been cast on this train wreck of a show. 

• Love 8

Just watching this now. I'm enjoying the athletic events the best, watching everyone flop around and being surprised at someone who knows what they're doing. Kevin will probably ace this again. Yuki's not doing that bad. It looks like the course is buffered to guard against people running into trees (like Sonny Bono). Clare did pretty well. Good for her! Here comes Ashley, disaster sliding down the hill. Chris: "I don't think she's going to be a threat for Claire." Kevin looks thrilled at how his sweetie's doing. Yuki stayed up pretty well.

Hey Hannah, Linsey Vonn is from Minnesota!! Well, congratulations Leslie. I was hoping Claire would hold the lead. I like how they had "Future Bond Villain" under Jordan's picture, just before he skied. So Courtney is a Wiggles Wannabe. Ben didn't really want the date card. So Christian Loves Hasselhoff. And Kevin is Canadian Bacon.

Kevin listens to Ashley talking about being a virgin while chewing a mouth full of food. Speaking of his mouth, it's kind of weird. He's got a snarly thing going with his lips. I don't know if his teeth are crooked or his jaw is misaligned.  And why is their pottery death reminding me of that sex therapy date from Chris's (?) season? Who knows.

A critical moment in Clair and Christian's relationship: a date in the Jacuzzi! That Jacuzzi is pretty loud. So Clair likes actions better than words. I don't think this relationship has a future. Clair doesn't want to get to know the guy, she just wants him to kiss her. She measures the strength of a relationship on physical action. Maybe he just respects her and sees her as more than just a pretty collection of body parts.

Clair should talk about relationships...

Michael sure is invisible. All this talk about Tiffany and Ben being "single", what about the Michael? He picked Tiffany, didn't he?

Aw, I teared a little when Ben left and Yuki cried. Wow, people are really dropping like flies. Well maybe Clair will spurn Christian and he'll turn to Yuki. Or maybe Chris Harrison will date her. It reminds me of Phil philiminating someone on The Amazing Race. Aw, I liked Yuki. She was so sweet, I always looked to see where she was. She's kind of like the little baby sister.

• Love 1

"Hi high school girl. You're the best singer in your school. You've just won the opportunity to sing in front of millions of people on live television!"

"Oh my god!! That's amazing news!! I'm so excited!! What song?"

"The Bachelor Winter Games Anthem for a bunch of reject fame whores who can't ice skate"

"?...?...?"

• Love 7

This sounds kind of gross, a kissing competition. A literal Kiss Cam. Kind of gross watching Ashley kiss. Dean, too. Stassi Pillow Lips. Did Josiah wipe his mouth on his sleeve?

Claire released the walleye in order to keep the minnow. And now he's slipping away. (Sorry, I did a bit of ice fishing last weekend.)

Embarrassed as Bibiana is, I'm sure she's happy to have Jordan instead of Arie. Dean and Leslie - that was interesting. Oh come on Rachel, it's just goofy fun. It's not Top Chef or Project Runway or something serious like that. Jojo reaching to watch Kevin and Ashley. Well that was steaming. Jojo looks so old. I know what the three judges are like - it reminds me of Carrie Ann, Bruno, Lenny and Julianna on Dancing with the Stars. Same type of comments. Poor Ally, how embarrassing to vomit instead of kiss on national TV. Josiah is a brave man to kiss someone with vomit mouth.

Maybe the judges should hold up score cards.

Looking at the weather on the show, that will be Minnesota this weekend. I'll be out with the snow blower.

So the fantasy suite is the most important decision of their lives.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

"Hi high school girl. You're the best singer in your school. You've just won the opportunity to sing in front of millions of people on live television!"

"Oh my god!! That's amazing news!! I'm so excited!! What song?"

"The Bachelor Winter Games Anthem for a bunch of reject fame whores who can't ice skate"

"?...?...?"

"Young lady, why are you holding the mic up so high it hides your face from the camera?"

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I don’t think Bibiana was ever in the running for being cast as the lead.

If you know who is, since you are sure Bibiana is not, do tell. We're all waiting to hear.

I thought the skating was fun and it made me laugh. It was so cool to see Tai and Randy again. I loved watching them in the Olympics, always rooted for them. Glad to see they are still around.

Edited by saber5055
On 2/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, yorklee2 said:

Oh I agree that's why I said earlier that I believe they were giving Ben a Bachelor edit. Not sure about Yuki. She was sweet and cute but there's only so much of that high pitched whine anyone could stand.

Ben has a girlfriend he's been seeing f or 6 months according to reports. I can't with his performance here.

• Love 5

I really just wasted 8 hours of my life on this show? Well, what’s one  more hour? 

I actually think Courtney and Lily are an adorable couple. 

What was up with Bibiana tonight?!

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t stand Rachel.  I never got the hype.  She seems rather pleased with herself.  I don’t find her the least bit interesting. 

Oh yes.  She brought the sass this episode, but it was NOT flattering.  I was #teampeter, so I soured on her a lot at the end of her season. I didnt begrudge her anger with Peter, but I hated the way she treated him on the aftershow, when she knew it was always Brian, andshe could see he was still hurt. YMMV.  But seeing her dump on Dean confirmed it for me - she is a mean girl. I'm over it, just like I am with pretty much every other lead: Nick, Ben, Kaitlyn, Andi.   

• Love 7

I remember there was a chance Luke was being considered for the Bachelor a few years back. Aren't we lucky that didn't happen!

Absolutely love Courtney and Lily, they're so normal. 

I was not expecting Ashley and Kevin to make it after the show. Good for them. 

• Love 18

It seems like this was filmed months ago (with some of the couples traveling together). All that time and THAT was the best excuse Luke could come up with? How do you not think of something better to say? You can always blame it on the distance. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I was not expecting Ashley and Kevin to make it after the show. Good for them. 

Yeah, this is the shocker of the show IMO. I've never liked Ashley, but Kevin is really a "great guy" (TM Bachelor) which makes me kinda sorta like Ashley. Go figure. Kevin gets an A+++ from me.

Meanwhile, I love Courtney and Lily. They're the Winter Games winners in my book.

OMG, Clare is getting MY Benoit!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 11

OMG, other than Luke, this was a really feel good night. Maybe they need international contestants every season. These were genuinely nice people. Damn you Bachelor, for making me teary eyed. My night would be made if I heard Jordan will be on BIP. 

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 17
20 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

Boy the show just ran the bus over Luke with that off camera footage. Best thing I’ve seen in the entire Winter Games. Lol douche

Thank you show for that. So glad she didn't go to the fantasy suite with him. That would have made it even harder. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, nutty1 said:

OMG, other than Luke, this was a really feel good night. Maybe they need international contestants every season. These were genuinely nice people. Damn you Bachelor, for making me teary eyed. My night would be made if I heard Jordan will be on BIP. 

It seems like crazy, fame whoredom is specific to the US brand. Even Jordan seemed like a genuine guy, after they tried to present him as the villain. I do wonder about Kevin and Ashley I. She's pretty into the reality/pop culture scene. Even if it's not on the Bachelor I wonder if she can really escape the cameras? I can't really see Kevin enjoying LA/Hollywood. 

Good job, Clare. Don't screw this one up ;)

• Love 4

Wow.  Best after show EVER.   Agree with everyone. Love Courtney and Lily.  That cross country trip was a great idea....great way to test things.    Got something in my eye when Benoit proposed.  And I think the other two couples have a chance...at least a good a chance as other couples...unlike most Bachelor couples where the betting on how long they will last starts at the proposal.  

And Luke...ha ha ha.  

• Love 18

{Tuned in 25 minutes late}

Bibi is freaking out and thinks Jordan needs some answers, but I don’t know what is happening. I assume he’s talking about a long-distance relationship? I don’t know why she’s crying and going home NOW. Are they being forced into a “90-Day Fiancé” spin-off the next day? Considering both of these series have more spin-offs than Law and Order and CSI combined, chances are pretty high that “90-Day Bachelor” is in the works.

Oh, no, it turns out they just had to ICE SKATE the next day! Jeez, Bibi, Nancy Kerrigan wasn’t this hysterical when Tonya Harding had her kneecap smashed. Tonya gets a Golden Globe (Oscar??) award-nominated movie portrayal and poor Nancy gets to teach some Bachelor rejects how to figure skate. This is basically the same comeback story...right?

Harrison swoops into the living room surprised that hardly anyone is left, but there’s a HUGE pile of parkas on the back of the couch! I’m going to assume this is where the producers dumped all the coats after stripping them off the quitters and rejects and booting them out into the blizzard, sometimes in the stark of night.

I kind of missed most of Lesley/Dean and Stassi/Luke’s dates, but did I hear Dean actually call Lesley his girlfriend?? And the last part I heard with Luke, he seems to have strong feelings for Stassi.

Courtney and Lily are falling in love. And even more shocking, they have a pile of empty, dirty dishes and napkins in front of them! They actually eat on international Bachelor dinner dates!

Ashley and Kevin have some nibbles out of their bread and cheese. And, somehow I thought there would be some sort of pomp and circumstance surrounding Ashley’s “deflowering” after years of build-up. I would say thankfully we’ll never have to hear about it again, but I’m sure we’ll get a full color commentary during the reunion show—and they’ll probably make her the “Nancy Kerrigan of Fantasy Suites” and bring her in to give advice right before the big dates, like this show is wont to do with members of Bachelor Family. Wait, what? Ashley is keeping the details to herself?? Well, good for her; I didn’t think the show would allow that after Sean and Catherine’s “Consummation Station” countdown clock during their wedding with overdubbed train whistles and jungle animal noises! 

Courtney and Lily for the gold! That was an Amazing Journey across the ice! And yet Dean says, “I still think we’re the team to beat.” Shut up, Dean; no you’re not. Nobody puts Courtney and Lily in the corner! Ok, Stassi and Luke did a great job, too. “Ashley don’t give XitX up” hahaha. Another good job.

Oh, FOR SURE now that Ashley is Bachelor WORLD we’re never going to be rid of her.

“Lord please give me the strength of Ashley I’s mascara!” Love!!! 

Courtney and Lily’s Amazing RV Journey was the greatest piece of cinematography ever seen in Bachelor History (well, second behind the Ryan Putz re-enactment jumping off the balcony and breaking his legs). These two are just too sweet! They spent Christmas together! They just up and moved to LA! Um, guess since they’re white “immigration reform” doesn’t apply to them, but back to the show...

There is a shocked reindeer in the audience during Dean’s “proposal.” I could tell it was a fake-out. Well, mainly because the previews showed him on one knee and the close-up on the ring, so they wouldn’t have done all that unless someone ELSE is getting engaged...or Neil Lane happened to stop by because he was mortified by those shoddily gold-dipped roses that Ashley and Kevin received for becoming Bachelor World couple.

Luke is Wrong Reasons, and Stassi just solidified herself in the running for Bachelorette in ANY country. If Harrison is convinced that the world has been rooting for Ashley I to find love more than anyone, well Bachelor World’s heart breaks for Stassi. Sure, it’s a long shot that it would work long distance but he didn’t even talk to her?! She must have been unconscious when he broke up with her. Ha.

Glad to see all of these other couples are still together, though. Each one made me happier to see than the last. And, god damnit, my little Wrong Reasons heart just grew three sizes too big and Benoit and Clare just put me over the top to being a Right Reasons viewer! ALL of these seasons of Bachelor and Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad and Bachelor in Paradise, but it’s Bachelor freakin’ Winter Games that turned me Right Reasons!

• Love 20

Bravo JenE4. You brought it all ... the heartbreak, the tears, the hugs, the happiness. Best.Post.Ever!

And I agree, this stupid Winter Games ended up being the best of all the seasons and all the spin offs, and the reunion show will never be topped.

Go figure ... who knew?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Okay, so Bibiana has spent more time with Jordan in two days than she did with Arie in all her time in Bachelorland. Yet she was all "I'm here to find love with Arie" and now she's not ready for a commitment with a guy who actually likes her? Okay then. She should have checked out the script for this franchise before she signed up.

I don't know if it was editing or what, but it seemed like a sudden 180 from her. Why couldn't she have told Jordan that they could keep talking long-distance, potentially visit each other, and take it from there? It didn't sound like Jordan was asking for a lifetime commitment that very second.

1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

How convenient Ashley I won, this keeps her in the Bachelor franchise and she seems to be one of their favorites.

Mark my words, if Ashley and Kevin decide to get married, TPTB will be throwing money at them to televise the wedding.

52 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I love it that Luke got booed at the aftershow *snicker* I read he already had a girlfriend.

He's such a loser. Stassi dodged a bullet, and she must be so happy now that she stuck to her values and didn't go to the F-Suite with him. I loved her sassy comebacks - "was I alive for that?"

I have a bad feeling about Clare and Benoit. I'll be happy if they prove me wrong, but they were completely over the top after only two months of long-distance dating. I predict they'll fizzle out within the next six months.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

You can still go!

If Benoit and Kevin are the Canadian man standard, why didn't I know this before now? I'm packing my bags now.

Canadiens and Australians (and probably Kiwis) are awesome. Go to Vancouver in the summer and you'll love every minute of it. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Mark my words, if Ashley and Kevin decide to get married, TPTB will be throwing money at them to televise the wedding.

Oh, thanks for bringing my depression back Chocolatine. You are so absolutely right about that. We'll never be rid of Ashley.

• Love 3