Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

You honestly think anyone is born with lips that look like that ? That woman is so plastic and it's so unattractive 

I agree that it is unlikely, but Angelina Jolie has huge lips and has had them her whole life. So I was trying to give Stossi the benefit of the doubt. Lol. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lizajane said:

Is Stassi transgender? The overblown lips and deep voice make me wonder.

Wow, this would be really interesting were she indeed transgender. I mean the signs are there when you think about it. She did say she had 'a lot of surgeries recently' right? Hmmm...

2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Stassi's giant wax lips are SO FREAKY. Do men really like that sort of thing? And between Stassi and Ashley I, they must have makeup budgets that put drag queens to shame.

Ashley I does literally carry around with her a suitcase of foundations and makeups. The top opens up into a huge mirror with electric lightbulbs around it:

tOce2Iu.thumb.png.f7d1ddf6445126edcac7595a2d07d728.png

Edited by Wandering Snark
better picture
  • Love 2

Rebecca must have an awful personality. because she is smoking hot, yet went home.

On a similarly shallow note, is it a thing in Australia and New Zealand to be a really bad dresser?  Because the contestants from there are really not fashionable at all!  Holy mom jeans!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

What is bens deal ? Ever since kaitlyns season I can't figure out if his personality is real or he's putting on a facade .. he's extremely good looking , comes off as the nicest guy ever , but doesn't seem to be into getting to know anyone and he never leaves the robotic answers to every question  at home .. I can't figure out if he's genuinely a really good guy or if he's putting us on 

he seems to be completely depressed about his breakup-I didnt watch their show, but why did they split?? I kind of see him as a pitiful figure.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

he seems to be completely depressed about his breakup-I didnt watch their show, but why did they split?? I kind of see him as a pitiful figure.

They didn't give a concrete reason, but Lauren moved on with a new guy very quickly. My guess is she broke up with him, which is why he's still hurt.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

They didn't give a concrete reason, but Lauren moved on with a new guy very quickly. My guess is she broke up with him, which is why he's still hurt.

wondering if it was covered in their tv show??

9 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I say they go with Yuki.  Oh sure, she doesn't speak much English, but lets be honest... does anything anyone says on The Bachelor/Bachelorette actually mean anything anyway.  

I doubt we’ll hear, “Let’s do a cheers” or “[insert fungible contestant’s name here] and I’s relationship,” from Yuki, so my vote is for Yuki!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That was typical Russian sass. Stassi is Russian even though she apparently lives in Sweden now.

I knew she wasn't Swedish!! Thanks for clearing that up, I kept thinking maybe Russian. I also loved her comment about the snow. Luke asked a stupid question, he deserved it.

Luke is actually cracking me up with the amount of projection he is putting in their day-long relationship. Luke opens up about his heart, now Luke can't believe the connection they've formed. He keeps telling her his feelings about their connection without any affirmation on her side. It's like he just assumes it must be reciprocated. When he made that sappy comment about how they both cried during their first conversation (did that even happen? not with the scene I watched), she just gave him a silent smile, like, "sure, buddy, you're hot so I'll let it slide."

Dean is such a child!! God, Lesley, you can do so much better. The boy is trying to backtrack already and you've only been talking for two days. He's got issues. He comes across as 17, not 26. She opens up about everything she wants in a guy and the only response Dean has is "You think I have a pretty face?" Also, I think Lesley might be the most attractive woman there (or at least my girl crush of the season).

Ben wins major points for keeping Yuki around.

I can't believe nobody gave hot Swede Rebecca a rose?! What?

3 hours ago, Token said:

On a similarly shallow note, is it a thing in Australia and New Zealand to be a really bad dresser? 

There is definitely a big difference in fashion sense down there. It's kind of liberating though, you feel like you can wear just about anything out. In Wellington (NZ), you would see at least a few people literally out in costume on any given night (or day just walking down the street). 

ETA: But I don't think we can be talking down the foreign women's fashion sense too much when Ashley showed up to the rose ceremony in that hideous underboob cut-out abomination.

I actually watched a few episodes of that kiwi guy Jordan's season!! I knew he looked familiar. That show was so glaringly low budget in comparison to the US (and again, big difference in the women's fashions). He chose some blonde girl, Fleur, who was nice and well-liked, over this bitchy Indian girl, Naz, then at the aftershow Naz told him she'd still be open for something to happen, and I guess shortly after it all came out that he dumped Fleur. And I think Naz told the media that the two of them had sex. I do recall him getting skewered over the situation.

At least we actually saw the dates this week. Did I black out and miss the ones last episode? It seemed like last week's date card just gave Luke and Rebecca permission to leave the cabin and make out on the hill in the backyard.

Nooo Benoit! It was his birthday?! Clare, you idiot! I could jump aboard the Benoit for Bachelor train. We've already had two Canadian bachelorettes... why not?

Clare lost any goodwill I had towards her in this episode because not only did she send Benoit home (you know, the EXACT kind of guy she keeps saying she's waiting for), she then turned around and was also horrible to Christian! I have no idea whether or not he's a decent guy, but he really did nothing wrong in this episode. She pulled him aside already mad that he told anyone they were meant to have a date, then completely misunderstood everything he was trying to tell her. Poor guy was so confused. (I agree with whoever above said the "nothing more" probably meant that they had nothing more to base their attraction on yet aside from looks and humor.) Then she told him she had no idea he was interested in her?! He straight out told her he was interested in her before the last rose ceremony! Plus she had no reason to go off on him over how the situation with Benoit was none of his business, etc etc. He wasn't having a go at her over it in the first place. All he said was that he wasn't going to pursue her while he knew she had a relationship happening with one of the other guys. Seems fair enough. It was up to her to go to him and say she was done with that and was interested in him. Pretty much exactly what Kevin did with Bibiana. The woman thrives on drama. Then the long pause before accepting his rose. Ugh. Spare me. The biggest couple's fight on the season so far is happening between two people who haven't even kissed yet.

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 11

Clare is just so annoying .  During and  Since Juan Pablo's season she just has such a dramatic reaction to everything . I don't get how anyone , guy or girl , is 36 years old and wabts to continue being on spinoffs of a reality tv show , making a fool of themselves . Is your dignity really worth this ? 

7 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Any time they want to stop making me watch women try to have grown-up conversations with Dean is none too soon.

I just wish every girl would stop telling dean how good looking he is .. he KNOWS he's good looking . People have been telling him his whole life . He doesn't need another compliment . That's why he acts how he acts . He's a classic case of getting by his whole life because of his looks and it makes him hesitant to settle down . 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, jade.black said:

ETA: But I don't think we can be talking down the foreign women's fashion sense too much when Ashley showed up to the rose ceremony in that hideous underboob cut-out abomination.

So much THIS. Thank you, Jade, for expressing exactly my thoughts.

• Love 8
On 2/16/2018 at 8:11 PM, chocolatine said:

I was thinking the same thing. He just acts lost to me. Since they showed JoJo would be a commentator on the next episode I can't help but wonder if it might briefly cross his mind what might have been. 

On the same note I wonder if they booked Rachel as commentator when she thought Peter was booked as a contestant and if so if that might be why he decided not to come on...hmm

On 2/16/2018 at 10:33 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Clare is just so annoying .  During and  Since Juan Pablo's season she just has such a dramatic reaction to everything . I don't get how anyone , guy or girl , is 36 years old and wabts to continue being on spinoffs of a reality tv show , making a fool of themselves . Is your dignity really worth this ? 

I just wish every girl would stop telling dean how good looking he is .. he KNOWS he's good looking . People have been telling him his whole life . He doesn't need another compliment . That's why he acts how he acts . He's a classic case of getting by his whole life because of his looks and it makes him hesitant to settle down . 

Yeah Clare's, "why can't I find love" mantra is wearing thin. It's becoming obvious that it's her own fault. It's like she's subconsciously sabotaging her own chances by picking the wrong guys. By now at 36 she should be aware she's doing this. Yeah I don't feel sorry for her.

I think Lesley is stunning. Why is she wasting her time with immature Dean? I would much rather feel Ben out if I were her.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 10

According to reality steve, the Reunion special spoiler is Clare got back together with Benoit after the show finished taping last November and they got engaged tonight. 

Reunion will be Thursday night after the last episode. 

• Love 2

Clare just LOVES guys with accents, doesn't she?   Juan Pablo, Benoit, Christian.  But she doesn't allow for the fact that when there are language and cultural differences, she needs to LISTEN and try to understand what is being said.  

Christian asked her to join him in the Jacuzzi later.  She had two guys interested in her, made plans with one,  and chooses to hang out with another girl instead.   He waited for her to show up for their Jacuzzi date, and when she didn't show, he assumed she had probably lost interest.  He decided to let it go, but SHE approached HIM after she found out that he had been waiting for her.  She asked for an explanation, he gave her one, and she got defensive and yelled at him for bringing up that she had kissed someone else.  She asked Christian why he wasn't going after her more.  He tried to explain that when he sees that she's interested in (and kissing) another guy, he doesn't feel it's OK for him to go after her. He was answering her questions, not attacking her.  Clare refused to even try to see things from his perspective.  

As far as Benoit, he seemed like such a sincere guy, they connected over cooking, and so what if his feelings progressed faster than hers?  He's a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve, he's exactly the kind of guy she needs, she could have given him a chance. But she didn't - she wanted Christian.  Then she needs to accept Christian for who he is, and try to communicate better with him - which means LISTENING to what he's saying. 

My final thought - there was a Michael?  was he there before the rose ceremony? 

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

According to reality steve, the Reunion special spoiler is Clare got back together with Benoit after the show finished taping last November and they got engaged tonight. 

Poor Benoit!  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I was thinking the same thing. He just acts lost to me. Since they showed JoJo would be a commentator on the next episode I can't help but wonder if it might briefly cross his mind what might have been. 

On the same note I wonder if they booked Rachel as commentator when she thought Peter was booked as a contestant or if that might be why he didn't come on...humm

Yeah Clare's, "why can't I find love" mantra is wearing thin. It's becoming obvious that it's her own fault. It's like she's subconsciously sabotaging her own chances by picking the wrong guys. By now at 36 she should be aware she's doing this. Yeah I don't feel sorry for her.

I think Lesley is stunning. Why is she wasting her time with immature Dean? I would much rather feel Ben out if I were her.

Yeah after watching dean  on paradise AND on the paradise reunion episode , why would anyone choose to go after dean again ? I agree with you , I'd be knocking on bens door instead . Whether he's a player or not , who knows . But with dean you already know what you're gonna get . The only girl dean will pursue Is someone who isn't pursuing him . I saw on the previews him sayIng he's falling in love with Leslie . But he also said that to Kristina and 2 seconds later tried getting the other girl back . This guy is a mess 

• Love 4

If I had not read Reality Steve’s spoiler, it really would have been a truly dramatic after show! Either the engagement will end soon or they’ll be the next Carly and Evan  

Last I heard, Ashley and Kevin were still an item also. 

• Love 2

How long ago was the show filmed? It was already winter in Vermont, so it couldn't have been that long ago - two months at most? Just because some of the couples are still "together" doesn't mean they'll last. Also, it goes without saying, but an engagement after a brief long-distance relationship, where the woman initially chose another man, hardly bodes well. 

• Love 3

As connections continue to heat up in Vermont, nerves are at an all-time high for almost half of the group that has never skied down a mountain before. Eager to pursue and build upon new relationships, the men and women fight tooth and nail for the chance to go on a romantic date with the snow bunny of their choosing. Chris Harrison hosts with ESPN SportsCenter anchor Hannah Storm and KABC-TV sports anchor Ashley Brewer, who cover all of the action. After the race, one winning pair enjoys much-needed alone time out of the villa, while another lucky couple gets their hands dirty at a pottery studio. At this point, both couples have some uncomfortable issues to address that will determine if they truly want to take their relationships to the next level.

Back at the Bachelor villa, Ben is feeling out of sorts, prompting a visit from Chris Harrison that leads to the most emotional conversation the two have ever had with one another. Will this broken bachelor have the breakthrough he's been waiting for in order to move forward with a relationship or will he decide that he's not ready to take the next step in his love life just yet?

Later at the rose ceremony, as a blizzard rages outside The Hermitage Clubhouse, chaos erupts inside as the couples are put to the test in the kissing department. Three surprise judges who happen to be experts in the field - JoJo Fletcher, Rachel Lindsay and Arie Luyendyk Jr. - arrive to critique their performances. Drama quickly ensues leading one woman to tears and another making a run for the nearest restroom. Ultimately, the esteemed panel of guest judges must determine which two couples show the least chemistry and will have to say their goodbyes.

11 hours ago, backformore said:

As far as Benoit, he seemed like such a sincere guy, they connected over cooking, and so what if his feelings progressed faster than hers?  He's a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve, he's exactly the kind of guy she needs,

Forget Clare, Benoit is exactly the kind of guy I need.

Clare was my favorite at the beginning of this show, now I don't like her at all. Boy, that was fast. Only two episodes in and I'm fine with her leaving.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

How long ago was the show filmed? I

Filming started on December 5th and lasted about 10 days;  so say Benoit and Clare started talking again mid December, that would be about 8 weeks of long distance "dating" before the engagement last night.

• Love 1

Clare lost any goodwill I had towards her in this episode because not only did she send Benoit home (you know, the EXACT kind of guy she keeps saying she's waiting for), she then turned around and was also horrible to Christian! 

this!! Claire you are completely exhausting. get off reality tv, lay off the botox and get some therapy. benoit was exactly who she said she was looking for. ugh.

• Love 5
On 2/15/2018 at 10:16 AM, mostlylurking said:

I don't get this either and I grew up in the States my whole life.  When I look at it, I think Ben-wah.  I have never heard this name pronounced Ben-oite???

I think Ben-wah too. I admit it is because of the late (and tragic) professional wrestler Chris Benoit. Though I have heard it pronounced Ben-oyt, also from another athlete, famed marathoner Joan Benoit. 

On 2/15/2018 at 8:35 AM, nutty1 said:

Claire is 36? It is time for her to stop coming on these humiliating shows! She is gorgeous. Wonder why she cannot find a decent guy to date in the real world?

On 2/14/2018 at 9:06 PM, jade.black said:

Clare has the two hottest guys there both interested in her, which I am so excited to see, and she's 36! That's got to be the oldest a woman has been appearing on this show, right? Yay, Clare. However, also no, Clare, unless the guy is strung up on a funeral pyre, he is not "LITERALLY smoking hot".

Clare is 36, but she is not the oldest to appear on any iteration of the Bachelor (US version anyway). I believe that would be Gwen Gioia, who first appeared back on Season 2 of the Bachelor in 2002, and then came back for season 1 of Bachelor Pad in 2010. She was 39 on Bachelor Pad. 

Speaking of Clare, she is one of my all-time favorites (behind probably only Trista and Tenley), but she is not without her faults, plenty of which might explain why she can't find a decent guy in the real world. Personally, the one that bugs me the most is the fact that she really does not know what the word "literally" means, which she has shown more than a few times during her appearances on these shows. 

I did enjoy the "opening ceremonies", particularly my absolute favorite, Trista, coming back. To hang a lantern. Which she didn't light. No matter, I just loved seeing Trista. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 2
On 2/15/2018 at 8:53 PM, Stan39 said:

Way to represent the stereotypical dumb, loud, obnoxious American Clare. Does she know anything about Germany. Christian was raised in a very different culture, and her response was basically, "You're wrong! You have to do things my way (the American way)! Or I'm going to be mad!" I'm not saying Christian is right, but he sounds very German to me and the fact Clare couldn't even pick up on that shows how dimwitted she is.

That's so funny! I lived in Germany for 17 years and I was thinking the exact opposite - way to represent the stereotypical rigid, brusque German, Christian. No, in Germany we don't assume that a tentative plan is an "appointment" nor do we wait around for someone without checking in on them and changing plans if necessary. Christian's behavior would have been off-putting to most German women as well.

I don't think any of this has to do with any cultural differences. I think it is pretty universal that if you say you are going to meet someone at a certain place and time, and then don't show, people will get bent out of shape.

I know Hans Landa, I mean Christian, was all "In Germany ven vee say vee vill meet in ze Jacuzzi, vee vill meet in ze Jacuzzi", but I think that was just him venting, and not strictly an explanation of proper and specific German etiquette, vis a vis ze Jacuzzi. 

And I think it is also pretty universal that  if the person who skipped ze Jacuzzi is all nonchalant about their breaking the "date", or gets in a huff themselves about being called on it, as Clare Bear did, then it is going to escalate. Which it did. 

I still love Clare, but this was a perfect example of why she is slotted into the "perpetually single, unlucky in love" role on the Bachelor. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Dollars to donuts Claire's role is all scripted!!!

Amen to that. Especially scripted was Clare's rose ceremony ... the last rose, this after her TH that no way would she accept Christian's rose. Then the looooong MOST DRAH-MATIC pause ever, while tv viewers are on the edge of their couches, before she says yes, of course. Because yes, of course, I knew that's what she was going to say. TPTB are not done with their favorite character yet.

For some reason, Ashley is also TPTB's favorite. WTH is up with that?

Does anyone know what Clare does IRL. You know, when she isn't appearing on some Bachelor franchise?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Does anyone know what Clare does IRL. You know, when she isn't appearing on some Bachelor franchise?

Her job title on Juan Pablo's season was hairdresser. That was five years ago though, so she may not be doing that anymore.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Thanks Chocolatine. Was Clare the one who braided all the gal's hair on BIP? I remember someone doing that, which kept us from having to look at long, stringy, humidity-filled extensions for a while.

No, that was Michelle Money. Also a hairdresser. And now I feel bad for myself that I know all those things.

• Love 10

I'll bet Clare's appointment's are backed up till next Christmas and she charges triple the going rate.  I'll admit I'd go just to hear some inside scoop on the regulars and also to have my hair colored  Clare's own shade, which I love.  I just hope there's a picture on the outside of a raccoon in pink rollers and she named her salon something like, "Wrong Reasons," "Scissors and Sluts,"  "Rolled Hard and Blown Out" ...   anybody?

• Love 17
57 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I'll bet Clare's appointment's are backed up till next Christmas and she charges triple the going rate.  I'll admit I'd go just to hear some inside scoop on the regulars and also to have my hair colored  Clare's own shade, which I love.  I just hope there's a picture on the outside of a raccoon in pink rollers and she named her salon something like, "Wrong Reasons," "Scissors and Sluts,"  "Rolled Hard and Blown Out" ...   anybody?

Ha!..funny Judy. How about, "Paradise Cuts and Styles"? Not as good as yours but fun to join in.

• Love 3
On 2/15/2018 at 2:49 AM, ByTor said:

I guess the cheese stands alone, Yuki and that damn cartoonish nails on a chalkboard "I just swallowed a canister of helium" voice is one of the most annoying people I've ever seen on tv.

Thank you! That cutesy squeaky thing that I see a lot of Japanese and Chinese women do drives me bananas. I can't stand Yuki.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, reggiejax said:

I don't think any of this has to do with any cultural differences. I think it is pretty universal that if you say you are going to meet someone at a certain place and time, and then don't show, people will get bent out of shape.

This.

• Love 8
On 15/02/2018 at 10:40 PM, crgirl412 said:

I'm an American in her mid/late 40's and I just learned what ben wa balls were last year!  Who knew??   

I'm in my late fifties and I've known about ben-wa balls since I was 17. I guess we're more kinky up in Canada.....

On 15/02/2018 at 11:08 PM, OnceSane said:

Well, it looks appropriately trainwrecky…I'm in.  Though I wish Ashley I wasn't a part of this, her schtick is beyond old.  My hubby's rooting for her hard (he's never seen her before).  He loved her "learning to ski in L.A." stuff.

Yes, I wish they would get rid of Ashley. I didn't mind her first two seasons but at this point I am really sick of her phony made-up self. I don't know why they didn't vote her off for the "wrong reasons."

On 16/02/2018 at 2:14 AM, backformore said:

Kevin has a cute side, and then he turns his head, and YIKES - ugly caveman! 

Any guy who has seen her on Bachelor shows would want to avoid her.  She doesn't know how real relationships work.  If she has a crush on a guy, she is immediately thinking "I will lose my virginity to this guy, we will marry next June (already have the dress picked out) and have 3 kids."  she skips the part where you build a relationship and get to know each other.  And she cries ugly (and often) . She hasn't figured out, if you're upset, go cry a little privately, then compose yourself and carry on.  That caterwauling she does is SO unattractive. 

Yes, sadly I find both of my fellow Canadians to be fairly unattractive. Kevin does look better with a helmet (hiding his mouth) and skating though. Of the two of them, Benoit is clearly better looking and more interesting. I love a man that cooks! I think Christian is far more attractive though, and I totally sympathize with feeling pissed that she stood him up while bathing with....some woman I completely forgot about. Couldn't she have just told him that something came up? So sad to be sitting in the hot tub all by yourself.

Ashley physically hasn't aged well - and all that she has ever had going for her are her looks. (I must confess I have never listened to her podcast as I hate podcasts). I can't see that being a professional "reality celebrity" is a very enticing or interesting occupation. I can't imagine anything of substance floats thru her head.

I wasn't planning on watching this show but after reading the thread it sounded more fun than I thought. I have to admit that it is much better than I expected. I don't understand why they always have to boot people off though. Adding such a competitive romance element doesn't made it more interesting for me. I would just like the same group of people stay there and have the only competitive aspect be the Games.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:
On 2/15/2018 at 10:40 PM, crgirl412 said:

I'm an American in her mid/late 40's and I just learned what ben wa balls were last year!  Who knew??   

48 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

I'm in my late fifties and I've known about ben-wa balls since I was 17. I guess we're more kinky up in Canada.....

HAHAHAHHA!!!!!  I guess you are!!! 

• Love 1

I'm still trying to figure Luke out. He's a Westpoint graduate, FFS! But his eyes and demeanor are so vacant. Westpoint takes the top of the top, or folks who are descendants of past WP graduates. They train them to be officers and leaders. Luke doesn't have any outward appearance of being a leader. I also wonder how he got into WP with a heart condition. None of his story makes sense. And his vacant eyes remind me of Joe, from Kaitlyn's season.

• Love 4

I finally got to see this after some DVR issues. My thoughts are random and probably out of order. 

I find looking at Stassi’s lips painful. They look overfilled to the point of bursting. Her cheeks looked odd to me too, but her lips grossed me out.  Watching her kiss was nauseating. I was slightly surprised she chose Luke over coin flipping guy. Her eyelashes in the hot tub were crazy distracting. Did I miss something in the sharing of hospital stories? I realized she and Luke shared a moment but it didn’t seem like a soul bonding thing. 

And speaking of the coin flipper. I think he’s probably a bit of a pig but he also made me laugh. I have my doubts about his quick (yet completely real!) feelings for Bibiana, but since she is on her second guy I feel like she gets the situation. 

Ashley Cry is so over the top made-up most of the time that it sticks out like a sore thumb. It doesn’t add to her attractiveness. Kevin and Jared seem so different to me. The main similarity is that Ashley obsesses over them. “We’ve talked for 30 seconds. We’re gonna get married.” Kevin makes Jared look like the most attractive man on the planet. Ugh. And why is the Crier our play by play go to girl? C’mon at least let one of the international girls have a go at it. 

Lesley calling Dean on his crap was enjoyable. As was Clare and Lesley’s little bathtub girl time. Then Lesley went and seemingly bought into Dean’s blather about how he’s going to try hard man. Is he 26 or 16? This grown up stuff is exhausting just tell me I have a pretty face again. Har-har.  Wanna make out? 

Is Michael just there to hang out and have a mini vacation? Is no one interested in him? Is he not interested in anyone? It’s a bachelor mystery! I vaguely remember liking him. I wish they’d let him say more than two sentences per episode. Maybe he’s paid by the word. 

Poor, sweet Benoit was moving so fast! What’s it been three days? A few days, a few kisses and he’s fallen? He certainly bought the bachelor formula with his whole heart and was ready for the journey to find the one. If I were Clare his declaration of love would have made me nervous. I like him but he’d be too emotional for me. I’m emotional enough that more of me in a relationship would be a crying mess. 

Josiah is a pot stirrer isn’t he? Telling Clare about Christian being upset was asking for drama. I wonder if the producers whispered that in his ear. I think Clare and Christian are having language issues and some culture differences interfering as well. Or they actually don’t like each other at all and just haven’t figured it out yet. 

I thought I was going to see the color of Rebecca’s panties walking out to the car after not getting a rose. That dress was super short even by bachelor standards. 

Yuki’s act is wearing on me. I think she understands more than she says and plays it up for the tv. The cuteness has lost its cute-ability. 

Sad Ben is hard to watch. He seems like he’s sad even when he’s smiling. Buck up Ben. You’re a d-list reality celebrity. There’s a girl out there who’ll be happy to be with someone famous like you. 

Dang, my rambling thoughts were rambling. Why do I give this show more thought than what I’m going to make for dinner tomorrow? I blame Chris Harrison and the hope of the beardy scruff reappearing.

• Love 6

I first encountered Ashley I. on her second go-round on BiP...and I'm already over her schtick.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin for as long as you feel comfortable, and I couldn't care less that Ashley is (supposedly) one, but...why is her virginity a "thing"? It's like her hymen is her brand, which I find terribly creepy.

• Love 4
On February 16, 2018 at 9:03 PM, jade.black said:

Ben wins major points for keeping Yuki around.

I can't believe nobody gave hot Swede Rebecca a rose?! What?

Yeah, this show is so disjointed. We see Luke and Rebecca have a great time on their date, then he just moves on to Stassi like Rebecca was never there and we don't see any confrontation between the two of them. Same with Bibiana and Kevin. I don't need to see fights/drama, but I can't even follow what's going on between these people. It's like there are about four people in the house with all the focus and everyone else is just an extra for the background. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Yeah, this show is so disjointed. We see Luke and Rebecca have a great time on their date, then he just moves on to Stassi like Rebecca was never there and we don't see any confrontation between the two of them. Same with Bibiana and Kevin. I don't need to see fights/drama, but I can't even follow what's going on between these people. It's like there are about four people in the house with all the focus and everyone else is just an extra for the background.

I know! It's not great storytelling. We have no idea why/how Courtney and Lilly click so well as they gave us a quick snippet of them making out in a hallway and a voiceover that they're together, but nothing to show build up. All of a sudden that Australian girl comes out of nowhere this episode thinking she has a connection with Kevin when we've never seen them talk. Luke/Rebecca dissolved with no reaction from her over her friend now dating him. Maybe they should have lengthened the episodes a bit because it seems a lot is happening off screen.

21 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

"Wrong Reasons," "Scissors and Sluts,"  "Rolled Hard and Blown Out" ...   anybody?

How about "Ettes and Sets." "Cuts by Sluts." "The Trim Shop." (Using the Urban def of "trim.") "Reality Hair." "A Roll In The Hair" if she sells pastries too. I'm not feeling very witty.

Does anyone know the real name of her place of business?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, jade.black said:

I know! It's not great storytelling. We have no idea why/how Courtney and Lilly click so well as they gave us a quick snippet of them making out in a hallway and a voiceover that they're together, but nothing to show build up. All of a sudden that Australian girl comes out of nowhere this episode thinking she has a connection with Kevin when we've never seen them talk. Luke/Rebecca dissolved with no reaction from her over her friend now dating him. Maybe they should have lengthened the episodes a bit because it seems a lot is happening off screen.

I feel like the show didn’t take the time to set up the 24/7 in-room cameras, so we’re only seeing the conversations/events that happen in front of a live cameraman. They obviously have way too many contestants, not enough cameramen, and far too many rooms in that mansion that people are going off into for off-screen conversations.

20 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I feel like the show didn’t take the time to set up the 24/7 in-room cameras, so we’re only seeing the conversations/events that happen in front of a live cameraman. They obviously have way too many contestants, not enough cameramen, and far too many rooms in that mansion that people are going off into for off-screen conversations.

And yet, we'll get every cry and sip of wine from Ashley I and Clare. I think they have plenty of cameras, production clearly just wants to focus on the American contestants (hence, Rebecca loses screen time as soon as Luke moves on). I'm not sure why they even bothered flying in international people. They could have had the exact same storylines with an all-US group (and it would have been just as lame). 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

How about "Ettes and Sets." "Cuts by Sluts." "The Trim Shop." (Using the Urban def of "trim.") "Reality Hair." "A Roll In The Hair" if she sells pastries too. I'm not feeling very witty.

Does anyone know the real name of her place of business?

I don't know what's wrong with the board but they had me down for the original poster that you quoted and that was @JudyObscure not me. They sent me a notification that I had been quoted and I noticed it right away. I had responded to her post earlier but I don't know how that happened.