Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Winter Games - General Discussion

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, alexa said:

Is this show as boring as it seems?  I try to watch and just can’t quite care. 

I usually enjoy these type of shows like the Bachelor Pad/Bachelor In Paradise type more than the regular format but I admit I am a wrong reasons viewer. 

• Love 4

Christian is the German Juan Pablo.

What was up with the "Ees okay" caption when Benoit was hugging Clare? Wrong bachelor, dudes.

Stassi's lips were like huge flaps when she was kissing Luke. It was fascinating and gross at the same time. It was like big skin flapping all over Luke's face.

I'm starting to not care about Clare.

Benoit for the next Bachelor. PLEASE! I LOVE HIM!

• Love 24

Wait, Luke almost died and somehow we never heard this tragic tale? I thought it was Bachelor Law that you had to lead with your sob stories? (Actually, I think now I remember him standing in a field and telling JoJo he almost died, but he was completely stone-faced and devoid of emotion. Am I making this up?)

The best of the worst? Well, I guess they need to even the playing field since the Canadians and Scandinavians would just win all of the competitions, but it does seem like they’re making up these rule twists on the fly based on who they WANT to win. Case in point: Everyone vote someone off! (All of the women’s cards they show have Josiah’s name.) Um, well, he’s good TV, so let’s send the OTHER black guy home and hope no one notices—and a couple of other guys, too. Yeah, sure, let’s pretend there were enough blank votes that ALL THREE of these guys had more votes than Josiah. Speaking of which, cute that Josiah made a “couples skate” with Ally; I think he’s Right Reasons.

On the other hand—or the other side of the coin—there’s a Wrong Reasons Coin Flipper in the house! But, fear not, Ben is going to Steal Him for a Minute and force him to come to a reckoning. And, the sound editor is playing some heartfelt string music, so, that settles that: the Coin Flippper is Here for the Right Reasons.

So Leslie is the new Christina, and Dean is the same ol’ Dean. Why do these girls never believe Dean when he flat out TELLS them he doesn’t commit. They all want to be the “special girl” who will change him.

Jacuzzi mix-up! Poor Christian waiting around all night for Clare to come down and join him in the Jacuzzi, but Clare’s drinking Moscow mules in the tub with Leslie. “In Germany when we say we’re going in the jacuzzi, it’s a date!!!” Forevermore I’m going to assume “going in the jacuzzi” is the German equivalent of “Netflix and chill.”

Bibiana rebounded fast from heartbreak, and Jordan doesn’t even need to flip a coin over her. Kevin and Ashley haven’t been seen since he dropped Bibi for her, and we can only assume Ashley has him tied up Misery style. Kevin has obviously never seen the American franchise and does NOT know what he’s gotten into! Put on your skates and zip away, Kevin! Save yourself!

Luke and Stassi have mended their physically broken hearts together. Meanwhile, Dean gives Leslie one of his patented, I’ll try not to be so emotionally stunted spiels, but the boy needs therapy, not a date card.

Right Reasons is international Bachelor Law. Team Benoit! He’s sweet—unlike that creepy controller, Christian. All the roses to Benoit!! Don’t go, Benoit! Or, better yet, go on a Bachelor World Journey until he finds The One. Start with Bachelor America next, then keep going down the line. And, OMG, it’s his birthday tomorrow. I can’t take this. Benoit isn’t here for the money. There’s money??? Hmmm. Interesting.

Clare, you’re stupid. Where’s your raccoon to talk some sense in to you? Not 5 minutes after dumping Benoit for Christian, she didn’t even realize she already alienated Christian. You should have checked in before the dumping, like Kevin with Ashley/Bibi. And you speak in some odd mimic of Christian’s accent whenever you talk to him, which is just ridiculous. Well, Benoit’s car is barely down the block, flag him back down! 

Clare “absolutely” accepts Christian’s rose?! Oh, come on! I thought he was going to call her up to say he’s NOT giving her the rose and they’d both leave. 

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

“In Germany when we say we’re going in the jacuzzi, it’s a date!!!” Forevermore I’m going to assume “going in the jacuzzi” is the German equivalent of “Netflix and chill.”

It made me think of Mel Gibson, ranting at his girlfriend she was supposed to blow him before the jacuzzi. Just me? I'll show myself out........

• Love 4

Right Reasons is international Bachelor Law. Team Benoit! He’s sweet—unlike that creepy controller, Christian. All the roses to Benoit!! Don’t go, Benoit! Or, better yet, go on a Bachelor World Journey until he finds The One. Start with Bachelor America next, then keep going down the line. And, OMG, it’s his birthday tomorrow. I can’t take this. Benoit isn’t here for the money. There’s money??? Hmmm. Interesting.

So much THIS.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Way to represent the stereotypical dumb, loud, obnoxious American Clare. Does she know anything about Germany. Christian was raised in a very different culture, and her response was basically, "You're wrong! You have to do things my way (the American way)! Or I'm going to be mad!" I'm not saying Christian is right, but he sounds very German to me and the fact Clare couldn't even pick up on that shows how dimwitted she is. 

That's so funny! I lived in Germany for 17 years and I was thinking the exact opposite - way to represent the stereotypical rigid, brusque German, Christian. No, in Germany we don't assume that a tentative plan is an "appointment" nor do we wait around for someone without checking in on them and changing plans if necessary. Christian's behavior would have been off-putting to most German women as well.

56 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Christian is the German Juan Pablo.

Exactly! So stupid of Clare to go for that type again. When will she learn?

Benoit for the next Bachelor. PLEASE! I LOVE HIM!

He's cute, but he got way too intense about Clare very quickly. The more he talked the more I saw him as the male version of Vanessa Grimaldi.

Stassi's lips were like huge flaps when she was kissing Luke. It was fascinating and gross at the same time. It was like big skin flapping all over Luke's face.

That was the grossest makeout session in Bachelor history! I can't believe Stassi is only 26. She's halfway to a Joan Rivers look. And Luke couldn't stop talking about how "gorgeous" she is.

So Kevin doesn't like it when women cry, huh? Boy, is he in for a treat with Ashley.

Of course Ben H had to take it upon himself to interrogate Jordan. I don't even like Jordan - he reminds me of a more laid-back Chad - but Ben can go f*ck himself.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 18

He's cute, but he got way too intense about Clare very quickly.

But that's how we like our American The Bachelor, so in love so quickly! The accent, the glasses, the tears ... he's perfect! He even articulated his feelings, unlike our current Bach whose convo consists of: "I like that" then *kiss kiss smack smooch*

I didn't have a problem with Jordan doing the coin flip. What's the difference between that and doing a Mesnick off the balcony because you're *cough in love cough* with two women? But yeah, he totally is a New Zealand Chad.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

But that's how we like our American The Bachelor, so in love so quickly! The accent, the glasses, the tears ... he's perfect! He even articulated his feelings, unlike our current Bach whose convo consists of: "I like that" then *kiss kiss smack smooch*

The problem is that he focused on only one woman and didn't want to pursue anyone else there. Our Bach needs to pretend that he can "see [him]self falling in love" with several women.

• Love 4

Well, it looks appropriately trainwrecky…I'm in.  Though I wish Ashley I wasn't a part of this, her schtick is beyond old.  My hubby's rooting for her hard (he's never seen her before).  He loved her "learning to ski in L.A." stuff.

• Love 2

Ok I tried this stupid show for 30 minutes and then clicked to a rerun of The Middle - it was that bad.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS FRANCHISE THINKING THEY ARE GOING TO GET EVERYONE TO FORK OVER 2 HOURS EACH WEEK FOR EACH RUN!  I REFUSE TO SPEND 4 HOURS ON THIS CRAP.

I am out, OUT!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS FRANCHISE THINKING THEY ARE GOING TO GET EVERYONE TO FORK OVER 2 HOURS EACH WEEK FOR EACH RUN!  I REFUSE TO SPEND 4 HOURS ON THIS CRAP.

I agree. I am home sick with a cold otherwise I would DVR it and watch it later because 6 hours of this franchise a week is ridiculous. I also hate how the finale is always 3 hours long plus usually on 2 nights.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Dean gives Leslie one of his patented, I’ll try not to be so emotionally stunted spiels, but the boy needs therapy, not a date card.

Exactly. This was the evaluation of him in Paradise and it remains that he hasn't gone for any therapy or changed one iota. And yes he tells them no, don't love me, I'm emotionally unavailable but every woman just plows right through that big red flashing STOP sign anyways. He's learned nothing except he can have any woman he wants. It must be the sheer possibilities that overwhelm him.

Can't wait to see what you have to say about next week jumper sage! Heh.

I'm glad Yuki is still there. Yes, sugar egg!! Adorable.

Clare, I remember your name as it rhymes with flare. Way to flare out on two relationships in as many hours! Impressive. She's like a professional pusher away of possible happiness. Then after everything she tells us she accepts the rose to suck off the golden teat of Bachelor Nation for at least one more week.

I do wonder about how you (Clare) say to another woman 'How about we take our champagne and hop in the tub in our clothes and talk about the guys?' and she says 'Sure!!' who does that?

I still can't get over how natural Stassi is. Such a natural beauty. But she's got a (slightly defective) heart of gold. I guess?

As for the ladies that left; listen, we've not seen you say a word so you may as well be wearing a red Star Trek uniform to this rose ceremony. See ya! Like who IS this girl that supposedly thought she had a connection (we never saw) with CroMag Kevin? You have NO connection because we haven't seen it so it doesn't exist. Sorry. That's just how it works, your car has arrived.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

That's so funny! I lived in Germany for 17 years and I was thinking the exact opposite - way to represent the stereotypical rigid, brusque German, Christian. No, in Germany we don't assume that a tentative plan is an "appointment" nor do we wait around for someone without checking in on them and changing plans if necessary. Christian's behavior would have been off-putting to most German women as well.

But didn't "checking in on them" mean go into a women's bathroom while two women were in the tub? Why should he assume that's acceptable? I'm sorry, if a guy on this show started making out with one girl, then dumped her for someone he thought was hotter, then flaked on THAT girl to hang with his "bros" he'd be getting so much shit from everyone. That Clare sees herself as the victim (again) is pathetic, as was her attempt to pretend she has any standards and would actually reject a rose and a chance for more screen time. 

25 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Exactly. This was the evaluation of him in Paradise and it remains that he hasn't gone for any therapy or changed one iota. And yes he tells them no, don't love me, I'm emotionally unavailable but every woman just plows right through that big red flashing STOP sign anyways. He's learned nothing except he can have any woman he wants. It must be the sheer possibilities that overwhelm him.

Can't wait to see what you have to say about next week jumper sage! Heh.

I'm glad Yuki is still there. Yes, sugar egg!! Adorable.

Clare, I remember your name as it rhymes with flare. Way to flare out on two relationships in as many hours! Impressive. She's like a professional pusher away of possible happiness. Then after everything she tells us she accepts the rose to suck off the golden teat of Bachelor Nation for at least one more week.

I do wonder about how you (Clare) say to another woman 'How about we take our champagne and hop in the tub in our clothes and talk about the guys?' and she says 'Sure!!' who does that?

I think the girls wanted to go in the hot tub but it was full so they improvised. And I wondered about the clothes until I realized it was Leslie and she probably feel self conscious about scars from her surgery. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

But didn't "checking in on them" mean go into a women's bathroom while two women were in the tub? Why should he assume that's acceptable?

He could have just gone upstairs, knocked on her door, and asked if she was still up for hanging out. 

My original point was that it's not a "cultural" German thing to wait for hours for someone who you've only made tentative plans with and then be angry at them the next day. Clare did nothing wrong (other than pick Christian over Benoit).

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, NaughtyKitty said:

I thought Kevin looked like a caveman and don’t get why he is so sought after.

Kevin has a cute side, and then he turns his head, and YIKES - ugly caveman! 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, NaughtyKitty said:

When Ashley I bemoans the men not liking her all I can think of is all the make-up, the primping, the hair, the crying.  She is so high maintenance; no wonder she can’t snag a guy.  But, I feel like she is there for the Instagram followers ($$) and not Twu Wuv anyhow.

Any guy who has seen her on Bachelor shows would want to avoid her.  She doesn't know how real relationships work.  If she has a crush on a guy, she is immediately thinking "I will lose my virginity to this guy, we will marry next June (already have the dress picked out) and have 3 kids."  she skips the part where you build a relationship and get to know each other.  And she cries ugly (and often) . She hasn't figured out, if you're upset, go cry a little privately, then compose yourself and carry on.  That caterwauling she does is SO unattractive. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 3

Watching Leslie all but get down on her knees and beg Dean to love her was disturbing.  "I need you to take my face in your hands and kiss me."  Who says that?  In particular what gorgeous young woman says that to an awkward doofus with narrow shoulders and a childish, self-conscious grin?  I had to look away.  It was almost as cringe worthy as Stassi and Luke's make-out session.

Clare, what are you doing?    Christian's, "I love the way you look, but not you," was an echo of Juan Pablo telling you, "I loved f**king you, but I don't love you."  Meanwhile there's a man who said one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard to you. Something like, "You are the only woman here that I'm interested in.  Your personality is a shining light.  When I watch you falling on the ice and laughing, your smile is so beautiful," and more. 

That's how these shows should go.  I love it when a man falls in love and says something like that from the heart.  Even boring ol' Ben Higgins had a moment like that when he said, on his first night as The Bachelor, that when Lauren stepped out of the limo, "the world stopped."  Heaven knows what Luke sees in Stassi and her face is too frozen to guess what she's thinking on her side, but Luke has been besotted since he told his near death story and "felt a connection" from her.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I guess now we see why Christian has been on 2 Bachelor shows and is still single.

Christian cracked me up with his line about “if we have a meeting in a jacuzzi it’s a date” 

I feel bad for Clare. She seemed to have trouble u derstanding Benoit & Christian

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I still can't get over how natural Stassi is. Such a natural beauty. But she's got a (slightly defective) heart of gold. I guess?

Trying to figure out if this is a joke/sarcasm.  (It must be, right?)  But -- dipping my toe in the shallow end of the pool -- my goodness did she have an incredible figure as seen when she was getting in the hot tub with Luke.  I spent a few seconds trying to figure out if there was a way to get a screenshot of that to put on the wall across from my treadmill for inspiration.  

I'm relatively new watching The B (and associated spinoffs), so I was not familiar with Clare before this show.  She is exhausting.  Did anyone really believe that she wouldn't accept Christian's rose?  

Watching people who for the most part can't ski and skate very well competing in skiing and skating events is not all that entertaining (IMO).

Ashley I. is weird -- not in a delightfully quirky way -- she's just weird.

I find myself "rooting" for Bibiana.  She was kind of annoying (over the top) on The B., but I find her likable here.  

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

He could have just gone upstairs, knocked on her door, and asked if she was still up for hanging out. 

My original point was that it's not a "cultural" German thing to wait for hours for someone who you've only made tentative plans with and then be angry at them the next day. Clare did nothing wrong (other than pick Christian over Benoit).

I'm not sure Christian was really angry (he voiced being upset to some of the housemates) but if you go back to his conversation with Clare he seems pretty matter-of-fact about the whole thing. And blunt. I don't know, maybe I know all the baggage that comes with Clare that I'm not giving her a fair chance. It just looks like she dumped Benoit (and was pretty cold about it telling him they were just being friendly when I think she WAS flirting with him) then went after a guy for no other reason than she thought he was hot. Then she gets mad when things don't go her way. If she just wants to have flings and fun then I agree she didn't really do anything wrong, but Clare likes to cast herself as a hopeless romantic who men treat poorly and all she's looking for is love. I guess this season she's being edited in such a way that she just looks like someone trying to hook up with hot guys and get attention. Nothing wrong with that, but then don't play the victim or wonder if things will ever work out. It's her life, ultimately all she can control are her own actions. If she's so distraught about Benoit, but dumped him because of such strong feelings for Christisn, then don't flake out on Christian and blame him for not being proactive. If she wants something she should know by now to go for it. 

(And, since she didn't even flinch when he gave her his rose it's pretty clear that she's just doing these monologues for the TV. If there were real issues here neither one would be offering/accepting roses)

• Love 18

I find this show strangely compelling and I was not expecting that!  I like the late comer New Zealand man and how he just owned flipping a coin on his season.   I'm sure that several past contenders have done the same thing in their mind!   I like how Ben H. seems to be in on the joke i.e. his deadpan "may I steal you for a minute" to discuss coin-gate.    The editors are playing it like Bachelor in Paradise tongue in cheek for the most part which is what I need (especially this past week of sorrow).   I still get annoyed with Dean and his lean when discussing so-called important things with his lady loves.   Sit up straight, Dean!  I want to poke him in the spine.  Also my husband said he looked really stoned in the first conversation with Lesley when they were on the couch discussing the date card.  Clare is so naturally beautiful and I don't understand why she is on the show again.  I loved how she full on took up the Bachelorette persona when Benoit left with the walking him out and single tear rolling down the cheek.  Get it girl! You'll never be the Bachelorette so might as well grab the moment when you can!   Benoit is a handsome man but dude, com'on.  You are not in love with her.  You've known her for all of 48 hours tops.    Her and Lesley in the bathtub just cracked me up with the weirdness of it all and I could totally imaging myself doing that with my friends!

ETA: I about died laughing when the editors subtitled "ees okay" during the goodbye scene between Clare and Benoit.

Edited by LBS
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Watching Leslie all but get down on her knees and beg Dean to love her was disturbing.  "I need you to take my face in your hands and kiss me."  Who says that?  In particular what gorgeous young woman says that to an awkward doofus with narrow shoulders and a childish, self-conscious grin?  I had to look away.  It was almost as cringe worthy as Stassi and Luke's make-out session.

Clare, what are you doing?    Christian's, "I love the way you look, but not you," was an echo of Juan Pablo telling you, "I loved f**king you, but I don't love you."  Meanwhile there's a man who said one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard to you. Something like, "You are the only woman here that I'm interested in.  Your personality is a shining light.  When I watch you falling on the ice and laughing, your smile is so beautiful," and more. 

Hear, hear, Judy! It was absolutely ridiculous to then see BOTH Clare and Leslie lamenting about being in their 30s and single and why can’t I just find an amazing guy. THIS is why. Right here. Watch yourself on TV and have an epiphany about your poor life choices!

Clare, you HAD an “amazing guy” who, by her own admission, was everything she was ever looking for in a man. But, well, Christian is a jerk but he’s smoking hot. And I deserve to have it all—someone who is amazing and perfect and good looking like Benoit but even hotter like Christian all rolled up in one package. Helloooooo? Where do you think this unicorn exists? Benoit WAS the unicorn! You’ve known these guys all of 3 days. Usually it’s the at-first-sight attraction that fizzles (especially when part of the attraction is his asshole tendencies), and the good looking nice guy who maybe doesn’t have that immediate sparkle in comparison that grows more in time as the relationship develops. I know she probably felt pressured, but she blew it big time. I mean, this isn’t even open for interpretation or opinion. It’s just a universal truth that obviously Benoit had real-life relationship potential and she and Christian won’t make it to the end of the Games.

And Leslie, too. Beelining straight for the guy whose entire Bachelor Family persona is being unable to commit—and then her desperately begging him to commit and grab her face and show emotion on day freakin’ 2 of their “relationship.” Girlfriend, this is NOT the guy for you if you REALLY are Here for the Right Reasons. Cut your losses and go talk to one of the few remaining single guys before they’re all sent home or find someone else. How about that lawyer guy whose name I can’t recall? Was Leslie from Ben’s season? Is there anyone else left?

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 15

What is bens deal ? Ever since kaitlyns season I can't figure out if his personality is real or he's putting on a facade .. he's extremely good looking , comes off as the nicest guy ever , but doesn't seem to be into getting to know anyone and he never leaves the robotic answers to every question  at home .. I can't figure out if he's genuinely a really good guy or if he's putting us on 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Hear, hear, Judy! It was absolutely ridiculous to then see BOTH Clare and Leslie lamenting about being in their 30s and single and why can’t I just find an amazing guy. THIS is why. Right here. Watch yourself on TV and have an epiphany about your poor life choices!

Clare, you HAD an “amazing guy” who, by her own admission, was everything she was ever looking for in a man. But, well, Christian is a jerk but he’s smoking hot. And I deserve to have it all—someone who is amazing and perfect and good looking like Benoit but even hotter like Christian all rolled up in one package. Helloooooo? Where do you think this unicorn exists? Benoit WAS the unicorn! You’ve known these guys all of 3 days. Usually it’s the at-first-sight attraction that fizzles (especially when part of the attraction is his asshole tendencies), and the good looking nice guy who maybe doesn’t have that immediate sparkle in comparison that grows more in time as the relationship develops. I know she probably felt pressured, but she blew it big time. I mean, this isn’t even open for interpretation or opinion. It’s just a universal truth that obviously Benoit had real-life relationship potential and she and Christian won’t make it to the end of the Games.

And Leslie, too. Beelining straight for the guy whose entire Bachelor Nation persona is being unable to commit—and then her desperately begging him to commit and grab her face and show emotion on day freakin’ 2 of their “relationship.” Girlfriend, this is NOT the guy for you if you REALLY are Here for the Right Reasons. Cut your losses and go talk to one of the few remaining single guys before they’re all sent home or find someone else. How about that lawyer guy whose name I can’t recall? Was Leslie from Ben’s season? Is there anyone else left?

Agreed. The problem with Dean is that he's SUPER aware of how he looked on BIP, so he's overcompensating on this show. He knew if he asked someone else out on a date he'd looked like the same old jerk, so he'll keep up the charade with Lesley for the show then let things fizzle out after. That conversation on the couch was painful. Same old meek, marble-mouth, say nothing, no eye contact Dean, except at the end when he actually asked her out. 

Clare is a mess. She was a mess before these shows and now these shows have just screwed her up for good. Same with Ashley I. They play characters on TV, but I can't help think a lot of that stays with them in real life, too. They have such warped understandings of what RELATIONSHIPS are that they'll never be in healthy ones. They've bought into this ABC idea of love that is so twisted and fucked up.

• Love 9

I wonder if any of these ladies could be the next Bachelorette, especially since it is hard to imagine the Final 4 on the Bachelor getting the gig (unless more personality appears in the last episodes)? 

• Love 1

Reunion show is taping tonight so we should know more about which "couples" are still together once the news leaks out. 

It does seem like from social media and Reality Steve's blog that Ashley and Kevin are still together too.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I wonder if any of these ladies could be the next Bachelorette, especially since it is hard to imagine the Final 4 on the Bachelor getting the gig (unless more personality appears in the last episodes)? 

I say they go with Yuki.  Oh sure, she doesn't speak much English, but lets be honest... does anything anyone says on The Bachelor/Bachelorette actually mean anything anyway.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

And Leslie, too. Beelining straight for the guy whose entire Bachelor Family persona is being unable to commit—and then her desperately begging him to commit and grab her face and show emotion on day freakin’ 2 of their “relationship.” Girlfriend, this is NOT the guy for you if you REALLY are Here for the Right Reasons. Cut your losses and go talk to one of the few remaining single guys before they’re all sent home or find someone else. How about that lawyer guy whose name I can’t recall? Was Leslie from Ben’s season? Is there anyone else left?

Michael G is the lawyer who is in the background and seemingly a nice guy that no one seems to talk to.  He has admitted that he is picky about who he dates so maybe that's why he is just there.

Lesley was on Sean's season.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3

I find all these international couples so funny.  It's hard enough to keep up a long distance relationship with someone in the next state/province, let alone continent.  Yet's there's Chris H talking about love connections!

• Love 4

Just heard an interview with Ben that he originally wanted to try co-hosting with Chris H but that wouldn't work (because then everyone would want to), then ABC said he should just come on and hang out in the house. Ashley I said in an interview before taping she hoped the show focused on the friendships people were making. Yeah, all about being there for the right reasons ABC!

• Love 4

Who the hell is Tiffany and why am I suddenly supposed to care? Also, WTF is up with the Geico caveman from Canada all the ladies are fighting about?

I feel ripped off that I didn't get to see the Bibi and Geico caveman breakup convo, but I have to assume it was boring and mutual. Because wrong reasons is the only way I can watch.

• Love 12

Tiffany looks like she slept in her clothes and just rolled out of bed after a drunken bender. At least brush your hair, woman!

Is Stassi transgender? The overblown lips and deep voice make me wonder.

Kevin looks like the recent evolution of an ape. There was a Canadian bachelor who had the same look - can't remember his name...

• Love 5

How many episodes of this are we getting?  I find myself quite enjoying this, which is a surprise because normally I don't like these kind of Bachelor shows.  Bachelor in Paradise was awful!  Although I could definitely do with no more fake-crying Ashley!

• Love 2

Leaving aside the ridiculousness of the concept, “relationships” and “break-ups” in three days (which I guess isn’t too far from the Mother ship), I give the producers credit for the try and keeping narrative fairly tight.

Christian is likely as arrogant and rigid as he is appears to be, but I think he was misunderstood with regard to his conversation with Claire.  He seemed to be saying that there is no there “there” with his “nothing more” comment and seemed genuinely(?) hurt Claire blew off their “date” and the chance to get to know each other.  He says I like your look, I like your humor but there is “nothing more” between them because they haven’t spent any time together.  Not that there is ‘nothing more to her’, which is how she seemed to have taken it.  

Good for him for pointing out that they are not in “relationship” (even of the sort that is taking place in the house) and that he doesn’t know her because they’ve never had a conversation.  He wants to know “who is Claire” and she doesn’t seem to want to make the time to show him.

Stassi is painful to look at and I was taken aback at how quickly she snapped at her beau when she asked “how he felt about this” and he asked what “this” and she snapped “the snow” what do think I’m talking about”?

Lastly, I’m obviously spending too much time thinking about this train wreck, I’m not a hair and make-up gal and really dislike the spackled on look (hello scary looking Ashley) but it’s hard not to notice the American women are leagues above the international contestants in grooming.  The New Zealander (?) with the long hair, parted down the middle with bangs and the poor lipstick choices looks like a little girl playing dress up and the others aren’t much better.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Token said:

How many episodes of this are we getting?  I find myself quite enjoying this, which is a surprise because normally I don't like these kind of Bachelor shows.  Bachelor in Paradise was awful!  Although I could definitely do with no more fake-crying Ashley!

Just two more shows on Tuesday and Thursday night plus the reunion (not sure when that is airing). 

ABC only meant it to be on during the real Olympics.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

Stassi is painful to look at and I was taken aback at how quickly she snapped at her beau when she asked “how he felt about this” and he asked what “this” and she snapped “the snow” what do think I’m talking about”?

That was typical Russian sass. Stassi is Russian even though she apparently lives in Sweden now.

• Love 4

You forget that her "beau" was the reticent Luke, who is always trying to avoid having to speak about having real feelings, human or otherwise. I quite liked Stassi after she "snapped" the snow. She called Luke out on his BS behavior. If only she didn't have lips bigger than Billy Bass's.

• Love 7

Having listened to Luke talk, I am SO GLAD they did not make him the bachelor.  He has a slow, lazy, slurry way of speaking that is so low energy it would drive me crazy to listen to week after week.

There was one point where Stassi was sitting on the couch, looking intently at Luke while he was speaking, and I actually got grossed out by the shape and formation that her lips were in.

It was VERY weird that, considering how few American franchise contestants are there (compared to regular Bach/ette with 25-30 people), they couldn't even manage to do an intro for Jamey, Michael, and Lauren...and other than announcing Michael's name in the biathlon, I don't even remember their names being spoken.  And as has been commented on before, more than ever we needed the names chryons!

BTW, Chris Harrison with the beard was hawt (RIP, beard)!

• Love 4

And between Stassi and Ashley I, they must have makeup budgets that put drag queens to shame.

This is an insult to drag queens, who are typically gorgeous! I'm thinking Ashley, at least, has taken over the Ringling Bros. circus-clown makeup budget, now that Ringling has closed down. That would explain her gigantic, bright-red clown lips.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Having listened to Luke talk, I am SO GLAD they did not make him the bachelor.  He has a slow, lazy, slurry way of speaking that is so low energy it would drive me crazy to listen to week after week.

There was one point where Stassi was sitting on the couch, looking intently at Luke while he was speaking, and I actually got grossed out by the shape and formation that her lips were in.

It was VERY weird that, considering how few American franchise contestants are there (compared to regular Bach/ette with 25-30 people), they couldn't even manage to do an intro for Jamey, Michael, and Lauren...and other than announcing Michael's name in the biathlon, I don't even remember their names being spoken.  And as has been commented on before, more than ever we needed the names chryons!

BTW, Chris Harrison with the beard was hawt (RIP, beard)!

It was just painful listening to Luke try and speak!!  He could barely put together a coherent sentence and, multiple times, just drifted off and stopped speaking in the middle of a sentence.  He first conversation with Stassi was just horrific.  I'm with you in that I am so glad he was not The Bachelor.  Can you imagine an entire season of that???  "I um....... had a um........ heart........ thing um, yeah........*crickets chirping*....... almost died....... doctor said........ something........."  Just scintillating stuff.

• Love 5

I missed the first episode, so am wondering what is so special about Clare that she has two guys fighting over her? And WTH happened in the first epi to have Benoit fall so head over heals, so quickly? I really don't remember him all that well from the first Canadian Bachelorette season, but found his melt down when talking to Clare a bit OTT. And way too soon. 

How fitting that Kevin has set his sights on crazy Ashley. On the first season of Canadian Bachelorette, Kevin was the final pick of Jasmine. However it was very obvious that they would not last. (Though not to Jasmine, apparently). Kevin has a controlling mother who did not for a minute think Jasmine was good enough for her baby. (And Jasmine was a lovely woman who any mother should be happy to have her son bring home). I would love nothing more than for Kevin to bring home Ashley to dear old mom. Karma, and all that. 

I see others are fascinated (horrified?) by Stassi's lips as well. Could they possibly be real? If so I would be going for a reduction. If they aren't real? Yikes. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Same with Eric last week.  Did he even speak on camera before being sent home?

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I missed the first episode, so am wondering what is so special about Clare that she has two guys fighting over her? And WTH happened in the first epi to have Benoit fall so head over heals, so quickly? I really don't remember him all that well from the first Canadian Bachelorette season, but found his melt down when talking to Clare a bit OTT. And way too soon. 

How fitting that Kevin has set his sights on crazy Ashley. On the first season of Canadian Bachelorette, Kevin was the final pick of Jasmine. However it was very obvious that they would not last. (Though not to Jasmine, apparently). Kevin has a controlling mother who did not for a minute think Jasmine was good enough for her baby. (And Jasmine was a lovely woman who any mother should be happy to have her son bring home). I would love nothing more than for Kevin to bring home Ashley to dear old mom. Karma, and all that. 

I see others are fascinated (horrified?) by Stassi's lips as well. Could they possibly be real? If so I would be going for a reduction. If they aren't real? Yikes. 

You honestly think anyone is born with lips that look like that ? That woman is so plastic and it's so unattractive 

• Love 3