Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E06: Week 6

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Kudos to the woman who suggested they "make a toast" instead of the increasingly popular, "Let's do cheers", which doesn't even make sense. I yell at the television every time they say the latter. 

That and, Krystal really knows how to slurp her wine, doesn't she?

• Love 19
33 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

The blondes all blur together for me ... and I am a blonde. 

Seriously, though, I can’t remember another season being this far along that I still can’t recognize a bunch of the contestants.  

I swear, in previous seasons they would put the names on the screen more than they do now.  I have more "wait , which one is that?" Moments than I should at this stage.

• Love 7

Arie is not even embarrassed to be telling someone he is not smart enough for them. Not everyone is a genius but if a guy actually admits to not being smart, it would be a deal breaker for me.

I can’t stand Bekah’s exaggerated facial expressions and the way she vamped down the stairs in her can-can costume. Nothing about her seems genuine. I decided I like Tia the best. I misjudged her because of Raven, but she is pretty cool. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, betha said:

AmI the only one who was a bit turned off by Kendall too? She *was* condescending to Krystal, and the thing where she scooted over on the bench, put her hand on her arm, and said “I have empathy for you” reeked of Taylor.

I thought Kendall played that beautifully.  Krystal had just talked poorly about Kendall to Arie and instead of going 'high drama bitch' on her, Kendall chose to play empathy.  Whether it was real or fake, Krystal got out-maneuvered in that moment.  She wasn't someone Kendall was scared of.  She was someone she pitied. 

1 hour ago, adhoc said:

Funny, though: My first thought was that the SO lost the baby, and Arie was not there (as he often wasn't), and she had this epiphany "Who needs this? A partner who isn't there when you really need him?" I could not help wondering if the loss of trust was on her side. 

I didn't think either of his breakup stories painted him in a good light.  His girlfriend lost their baby when he wasn't around, decided to leave him and he's the victim?  There's likely more to that story--but I'd love to hear her version of events.

And then he had another girlfriend he felt he was holding back?  And it was such a burden on him? 

So in both instances, relationships were a burden on him.  Either some pregnant woman is holding his career back because she wants him with her.  Or some women decides to be with him, and she brings him down.

1 hour ago, TomGirl said:

So, I couldn’t tell who was who at the end.  Was that Lauren going all bunny-boiler?

I think she was talking to a producer.  That's not something we normally see for such a benign conversation.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Arie is not even embarrassed to be telling someone he is not smart enough for them. Not everyone is a genius but if a guy actually admits to not being smart, it would be a deal breaker for me.

I can’t stand Bekah’s exaggerated facial expressions and the way she vamped down the stairs in her can-can costume. Nothing about her seems genuine. I decided I like Tia the best. I misjudged her because of Raven, but she is pretty cool. 

I’m not a fan of Bekah either, but I think if you’re wearing a thong and a giant feathered headdress at the Moulin Rouge, you’ve got to lean in and go for it! 

As I was watching that mess tonight, I was thinking about her recent status as a missing person and how much fun it would’ve been to call some bureaucrat in California to report that the lady on the poster was half-naked on my TV. 

• Love 18

I was happy to see Arie actually making some good decisions tonight. Like the producers finally let him make the call not them.

I'm shocked he didn't send that amazing 'six months before I'll give you the time of day' bore.

Kendall was awesome and I totally want her to "win" now. I loved her interaction with Crystal. She kinda destroyed her without even taking the gloves off...

That rose ceremony held little to no intrigue for me as I still didn't know there was a Jenna even I heard 'Jenna you can say your goodbyes' and figured out they meant the blonde I'd never seen before. The other non-rose didn't surprise me after we learned that Arie still obviously has some 'woman with kids' scar tissue built up.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 13

The interesting thing to me is that to be the villain on this type of show means that you are either, really that type of person, or you've agreed to portray yourself as that type of person.  Neither seems like a great thing.

4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

When Arie and Chris Harrison were sitting on the bench talking, I realized that, to me, Chris is more attractive than Arie.

Chris H. looked bored and distracted.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Krystal has an amazing future as a phone sex girl.  I had to turn on the closed captioning after I thought she said something about Noah setting up a trust party.  From then on, it highlighted how much she does the sexual hmmmmm after every couple of words.

This.  Mmmm, mmmm, mmhmmm, mmmm...  And then Arie responded with his own, lol.  All the try has gone out of this cast.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't think he admitted to not being smart.  He admitted to being worried that, intellectually, he couldn't keep up with her.  Jacqueline is going for her PhD.  That can be intimidating to some people, especially if they're not around many people with doctorates.  I've met people with PhDs where the only difference in intelligence between the two of us is that they were willing to put in the six or seven years of work to get the degree. And I've met PhD holders whose knowledge just blew me the fuck away.  It's somehow scarier when they don't realize how much smarter they are than you are because they just think they're having a normal conversation while you're head is spinning. 

But I digress.  Jacqueline admitted in her talking head that she really liked seeing Arie doing what he was "good" at when he was trying to fix the car.  He may not be academic but I gather she sees that as his "intelligence."  If it were someone other than Arie, that would turn me on too as I appreciate people who understand things--mechanical things--that I do not. 

What bothered me about the moment is that it sounded like he was already about to give her that "It's not you, it's me" speech.  I haven't watched every episode but it doesn't sound like Jacqueline necessarily needs an academic as a life partner but it's like he wasn't even going to wait and see if it's a real issue or a made-up-in-his-head-issue.*  (Spoiler alert:  He probably isn't smart enough for her but it's too soon to call that.  She is on The Bachelor after all.)

1 hour ago, Jazzhands said:

I’m not a fan of Bekah either, but I think if you’re wearing a thong and a giant feathered headdress at the Moulin Rouge, you’ve got to lean in and go for it!

I agree. I think she killed it in terms of confidence and facial expressions. 

I did wonder if the sour facial expressions on the bachelorettes sitting at the table wasn't out of jealousy but rather "this is who we're fighting for?"  when Arie started that embarrassing lip syncing moment.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, backformore said:

I swear, in previous seasons they would put the names on the screen more than they do now.  I have more "wait , which one is that?" Moments than I should at this stage.

Count me in.  I've been keeping the Bachelor cast in the background so I can check the faces when I don't know who it is.  Hasn't really helped.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

How stupid is it to advertise, "Are you the perfect match for our next Bachelor or Bachelorette", before the next has even been announced?

They should say “are you or someone you know a good looking cis-gender white person who wants to be on national tv?”

• Love 13
6 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I wonder if that is because the editors can't remember who is who either?

6 hours ago, backformore said:

6 hours ago, EllenB said:

I honestly can't remember if I watched the Arie/LaurenWho date or not.  And I thought that while the show was still on.  That must be a new low in boredom.

7 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I am still stuck on “who is Jenna”.  She was there tonight.  Never seen her in my life before. 

7 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

The blondes all blur together for me ... and I am a blonde. 

Seriously, though, I can’t remember another season being this far along that I still can’t recognize a bunch of the contestants.  

We’re all Michael Bluth: “Who? Her?” But with ALL of the contestants.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

What it must be like to go through life skinny and blonde. 

Isn't it amazing that none of these gals are like my daughter, platinum blond as a baby, and dirty blonde/brown in her 20s? They all kept their shiny platinum hair.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

We’re all Michael Bluth: “Who? Her?” But with ALL of the contestants.

PREACH! Are they sneaking new women in at the RCs?!

I thought the abrupt leaving of Krystal was COLD, Baby! But I guess Arie just couldn't bear one more breathy confessional, conspiratorial, cuckoo word from her, you know? But Arie---For a wannabe cannibal? Oy.

You know why we saw only the minimal outside of the Moulin Rouge? Because it is in a very, um, non-photogenic area of the city. As for the "Group Date," who chose this spot--Kris Jenner? Yeah, very enlightened to take these women to a STRIP JOINT (Oh, fancy it up all you want) AND have them wear outfits whose rear view had to be blacked-out for U.S. TV. W.T.H.?!

But kudos to Bekah for getting into the joie de vivre!

It wasn't only Lauren ("Wow") who was excruciatingly boring with her (lack of) observations of Paris. Arie could summon up only "This is pretty," you know?

So why does someone who needs to spend years hence obtaining a Ph. D. go on this show? Another mystery for the ages, you know? Cue next week's "Buh-BYE."

The more we learn of Arie's past, the more I don't want to learn, you know? But I don't think he No-Rosed Chelsea over the kids angle, because....Emily. He must have his eye on another.

Arie ends his sentences with "you know?" a lot. You know?

• Love 9
9 hours ago, betha said:

AmI the only one who was a bit turned off by Kendall too? She *was* condescending to Krystal, and the thing where she scooted over on the bench, put her hand on her arm, and said “I have empathy for you” reeked of Taylor.

9 hours ago, escatefromny said:

Although Kendall’s extreme earnestness does seem contrived to me.  The “look at how deep, thoughtful and measured I am” seems as calculated as the taxidermy and “dreams” of bug eating and canabalism.  She just seems to be trying too hard to present this zen, self actualized persona with a dash of quirk.

Yes, I'll just say it.  I can't stand Kendall and her jutting-jaw angry face, which was suddenly switched off like a light when she realizes this would be a good moment to bring out the faux, let me pity Krystal and her sad childhood, so everyone will see how kind I am.   I don't think she's completely clear which character she wants to play though.  Quirky Ashley Onion type with the dead, stuffed animals, or fascinating woman open to cannibalism or Emotional Intelligence Expert.

I am glad Krystal has gone home, though.  I think she really is a damaged person, and unlike the Bachelor villains of the past, Krystal wasn't in on the joke, just so much fodder for the editors and the women like Bekah and Kendal who decided to use her as an excuse to show the audience how wise and superior they were.

I knew Arie was going to make excuses for Lauren as soon as he called her beautiful.  I laughed when he said that she hadn't said much all day but what she had said was so sweet.  Who knew "wow," was the sweetest thing, ever?  I'm also tired of Arie looking at awesome examples of breathtaking architecture and calling it, "pretty."

• Love 11

A few observations from this week's show in no particular order. 

• I really like Kendall. Not only did she nail, "Arie's and my" more than once, but she seems compassionate, genuine, and mature.
  • Jacqueline answered "si" when the waiter addressed her in French. Oops - wrong country!
  • Bekkah M makes me want to smack her. She's just so on all the time.
  • Crystal is so cartoon villain-ish that I can't. She's not real, right?
  • Love 14

Well I guess the way to Aries heart is to be disinterested and make him chase you. He wants what he's not sure he can have. Lauren has no personality. Kendall is stunning. She really impressed me. She totally owned Krystal. Did Krystal gain weight on this show? She looks so puffy. She's such an airhead and that's glaringly obvious when paired with Kendall's ability to articulate her thoughts. Baby Becca is so annoying. Her age and immaturity is really starting to show. So happy Krystal went home! 

• Love 16

Krystal looked puffy to me too.  I think it might have been skinny Kendall in comparison.  Kendall has a little ferret face, her lips are strange. 

The question is why is Seine on this show?  My guess is for her career.  Perhaps she wants to become visible to attract a wealthy real estate firm. There is big money in high end real estate.  

• Love 4
On 2/5/2018 at 10:30 PM, betha said:

AmI the only one who was a bit turned off by Kendall too?

No. In fact, I hate Kendall more than anyone left. I find her utterly insufferable, her voice grates on my nerves, and her down turned mouth annoys me.

It's too bad Arie doesn't really like Jaqueline that much because those two actually look really good together. Jaqueline was super awkward on that date, but in an endearing and relatable way. She must have touched her hair like 7000 times! Her hair is pretty glorious.

I hope Lauren goes nuts. She is boring and has less depth than even Arie, which is sad.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I can't stand Kendall and her jutting-jaw angry face

Same...I don't see "stunning" at all.

1 hour ago, kira28 said:

Well I guess the way to Aries heart is to be disinterested and make him chase you. He wants what he's not sure he can have.

I really don't understand this, and it seems to be this way with every Bachelor.  Does this happen in real life?  I can tell you this tactic never worked for me, all I got was "ok you're not interested in me, peace!"

• Love 8

My take on Kendall (whose jaw/lower face is too strong and/or square for me to call her beautiful): 

I think the way Kendall talked to Krystal was patronizing, but I also believe she did not mean for it to be.

I think Kendall actually hoped that if, instead of attacking Krystal to her face as the other contestants had been doing so far, she showed some sympathy and gently made some observations--"Krystal, this is the way you react when you're in a corner or in this situation, I get that, and you've had some hard times, I get that, too, etc."--Krystal would respond positively.

Krystal did not take kindly to the unsolicited sympathy or advice. Such is life.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 14

So I'm like Tia- I absolutely suck at learning dance moves, so I was very sympatico with her, until she said she wanted the rose so she could go on stage at the Moulin Rouge. NO WAY. That would be my absolute nightmare!

• Love 11

I would be like La Goulue and eat all the food, but not be La Goulue when it came time to dance the can can.

i thought Beckah had great stage presence.  She may be studied and calculating, but she’s confident and presents herself as such.  It’s refreshing to see a young woman as poised as she is.  Hardly any uptalk, and a cheap chic wardrobe.  She even pulls off the Sue Ellen Mischke underwear as outerwear look.  

Last Lauren standing is a butt face.  So bland and whiny.  

• Love 13

Why oh why didn’t Arie fakesing “Thank heaven for little girls” in a French accent to Bekah at the Moulin Rouge?

Kendall did a super job playing Krystal during the 2 on 2. I also noticed that Kendall’s lipstick had been kissed off when she and Arie returned from his final “Can I talk to you?” before he ditched Krystal.

I also think Krystal was playing her part on that date—her ouster was not surprising to her and she didn’t seem very upset. She should do good at the Bachelor Winter Games if they really do involve physical challenges.

I think a lot of the remaining b’ettes are more so-called intelligent than Arie, for what that’s worth. I had just said to Mr MML that it would be soooo awesome to be driven around all day in a sportscar by a real racecar driver when kerplunk, the car broke down. Irony—he couldn't even show off his skill!

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

her ouster was not surprising to her and she didn’t seem very upset.

Yeah, watching her try to push out a tear was painful. lol She played her roll, probably secured her place in Paradise and doesn't have to pretend to be into the Old Possum anymore. She was probably relieved more than anything. lol

I don't think Kendall was sincere, but I don't give a rats. She played Krystal like a fiddle. Girl did not know how to respond for once. I think she was waiting for the attack and when Kendall pulled out the sympathy Krystal wasn't able to improvise a reaction. For that alone I will always love Kendall.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

WTF is Krystal wearing? She looks like she's in early pregnancy. That is NOT a flattering look. It matches her personality. haha

You mean that tube top and suspenders monstrosity? Yes, she did look preggers.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, betha said:

I thought she was condescending too, but I dislike Krystal so much that I didn't mind. Kendall is very pretty. 

Lauren was boring but Arie seemed really into her. Maybe their conversation was heavily edited, because I was surprised she got a rose. I think Arie likes the thrill of the chase. Emily was also kind of detached in the beginning. 

I only remember Jenna for her overly dark and extremely arched brows. Distracting. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

She should do good at the Bachelor Winter Games if they really do involve physical challenges.

Have you seen any of her YouTube videos?  For someone who appears to be in shape and calls herself "Coach", girlfriend heaves and gasps for breath during any aerobic portions.  I know she's wearing a mic, but I never heard anybody on TV or in any class I took have such a tough time breathing.  (My favorite....in(heave-gasp-heave-gasp)hale...)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

A few observations from this week's show in no particular order. 

• I really like Kendall. Not only did she nail, "Arie's and my" more than once, but she seems compassionate, genuine, and mature.
  • Jacqueline answered "si" when the waiter addressed her in French. Oops - wrong country!
  • Bekkah M makes me want to smack her. She's just so on all the time.
  • Crystal is so cartoon villain-ish that I can't. She's not real, right?

I might have squealed in delight and said "Did you hear that?!" when Kendall said "Arie's and my".

Jacqueline said "merci" in response to the waiter showing her to her seat.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

LOL! I thought Krystal looked puffy too!

She seemed less attractive as the show went on, and not just because of her personality. Her hair was mussed and her face was shiny and puffy. She seemed to be drinking quite a bit, so maybe she just didn't care?

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

i thought Beckah had great stage presence.  She may be studied and calculating, but she’s confident and presents herself as such.  It’s refreshing to see a young woman as poised as she is.  Hardly any uptalk, and a cheap chic wardrobe.  She even pulls off the Sue Ellen Mischke underwear as outerwear look.  

Yes.  Even though I can't stand her because she comes off as full of herself, I thought she had great stage presence.  Now, I just want her to go away.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Krystal seemed to be drinking quite a bit, so maybe she just didn't care?

When she and Kendall were having their little tiff at the maze place they had a whole tiered tea tray of delicious cakes and pastries in front of them.  If only one of them had answered this year's question, "Why are you here!?" by saying, "For this!" and gobbled up every cake.  You know those girls are starving, trying to keep their stomachs flat for TV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Maybe it's the preggo hormones talking but I thought Kendall was being sincere.  I still think she, Lauren, and Jenna are interchangeable but I think she showed a lot of maturity in confronting Krystal.  Speaking of whom, I am actually going to miss Krystal since all these other ladies are horribly boring. 

What are Jacqueline and Sienne even doing on this show??  They are so poised and beautiful.  I also like Tia, although the Raven connection still makes me a bit suspect.   Lauren and Becca are both horrible bores, thus probably perfect for Arie. 

I love cabaret but as a spectator only; I would have refused to show my ass.  Then again, if I was still 22 I probably would be signing a different tune. 

Again, maybe it's the pregnancy talking but Baby Bekah just grosses me out.  She has bad teeth that are very yellow and she is constantly smiling way too big.  Lol, sorry to be so mean and superficial but I have a thing with teeth and hers just gross me out.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, dleighg said:

can someone remind me of "all the pain" that Krystal has gone through (that Kendall was talking about)?

She was raised in a bowling alley and her mom always got involved with untrustworthy men and was too upset to be a proper parent when said men let her down.

• Love 6

I'll take Bekka's real teeth (all teeth are naturally "yellow") over those big veneers that turned Emily's teeth into protruding buckteeth. Veneers she was always running her tongue over. Any whiter-than-white teeth have been surgically altered, sort of like those bigger-than-big boobs so popular on this show. Bekka doesn't have those, either.

• Love 16

At the rose ceremony, all the women looked exhausted.  Like they had been standing there for hours, under too-bright lights, with no air conditioning, after a day of running around and drinking.  Their makeup looked like it was melting off, hair was wilting,  they all looked shiny and ready to drop.   I wonder if it was one of those rose ceremonies that went until wee hours of the night.   Or did they just use really atrocious lighting to show all these women looking bad? 

• Love 3