Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E06: Week 6

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Arie and Lauren B. visit historic sites in Paris; Arie surprises a group of the women with a visit to the legendary dance hall, Moulin Rouge; a two-on-one date ends with a kiss atop the Eiffel Tower; a rose ceremony.

Krystal reminds me of a young Ramona from the Real Housewives of New York!  They look more alike than Ramona and her daughter Avery.

They are both delusional, think that what they say and do are appropriate but are actually in really poor taste and think that men think they are the bees knees. 

• Love 14

IF the 2 on 1 date is with Bekah and Krystal (and I don’t know that it is), I wonder if he’ll find a way to keep them both?  Because I can’t imagine the producers want to let either one of those trouble-makers go!

• Love 1

Wow, the producers hate Lauren. "Wow." Maybe she talked up a blue streak, but we are being fed "wow." But if someone can't say SOMETHING about Notre Dame, being in Paris, anything, other than "wow," I say send her home now so we don't all fall asleep. She's already gone in my mind.

• Love 20

Gah, BORING Loren got a rose. Go figure. crgirl, we knew Arie had lived with a woman with kids, which is why Emily was okay for him, she having Little Ricki and all. I'm not remembering the pregnant-and-lost-the-baby story though. Others here will have to help with that. I know you guys can!

• Love 3

Yes Arie, dressing up in a thong and wagging their asses is a date for the girls. Yeah, sure, let's go with that. 

Lauren and Arie's date was a bit less exciting than watching paint dry. How on Earth do you make Paris boring? I'm starting to think they are perfect for each other. They can get home from work, throw on their PJs watch some Golden Girls then off to bed by 9. 

Every episode Seinne just seems even more "too good for this crap". Why is she even here?

19 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

When Arie and Chris Harrison were sitting on the bench talking, I realized that, to me, Chris is more attractive than Arie.

For me Chris is usually more attractive than the Bachelor, of course that's because usually the Bachelor is your jock, pretty boy type and that doesn't appeal. Arie went too far in the other direction I think. 

• Love 10

I thought Bekah won the contest because she looked the most "French," especially in her costume.  Then I thought about a French actress named Audrey Tautou, and that's who Bekah reminded me of (although I think Audrey is cuter). 

image.png.055db8b526ea0f6ccaa03be76c9e0790.png

• Love 12

So now Arie is taking advice on dating from Krystal? WTH. He can't make up his own mind? Why doesn't he tell Krystal that he can decide for himself why the other women are there, it's not up to her. I'm wanting Krystal to go home, like now.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, crgirl412 said:

Krystal reminds me of a young Ramona from the Real Housewives of New York!  They look more alike than Ramona and her daughter Avery.

They are both delusional, think that what they say and do are appropriate but are actually in really poor taste and think that men think they are the bees knees. 

Thank you! I have been going nuts trying to think who she reminds me of and it’s Ramona! I have noticed that Arie is starting to have a more immature way of speaking along with a valley girl twang to it. It is so irritating.

Enough with the token villain every season!!  Why do the other girls even give Krystal a second thought?  

And why do any of these women feel they need to tattle?  He's gonna like who he likes, and if he's too stupid to figure out who is sincere and who isn't, then who would want him?

I know, I know, it's all fake and just a stupid show.  I hate the way winter forces me to watch this crap.  I'm turning it off right now. 

Bring on a real man with some real personality and maybe I'd be interested.

Edited by SnarkAttack
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

Krystal,

Too bad so sad.  See you in Paradise. 

Yup.  That's my fear too.

Plus, why  did Krystal feel the need to dress as Sandy at the end of Grease when she arrived in Paris?

• Love 9

I was so excited for this season before it started. Needless to say, I have been sorely disappointed. Even the elimination of Krystal which I knew was coming today didn't elicit any reaction from me. Who'd have thought I'd miss the likes of Corinne. Lauren was soooo boring and the Moulin rouge date felt like a sleazy senior ogling girls in thongs. I've found myself barely paying attention this season and don't see it getting better. Arie having procreated (albeit a miscarriage) was news to me.

• Love 5

For the First Time in Bachelor History, they might actually be in The Perfect Place to Fall in Love. Paris, first; Fort Lauderdale, close second.

The girls are oohing and hooting over the snazzily dressed man approaching but—scandal—it’s Harrison, not Arie. Harrison has apparently been saving up his wardrobe budget for some French couture, which explains all the plaid shirts he’s been wearing so far this season.

Arie has been saving up this special date for someone we’ve never seen on camera. Based on the house chatter—as well as their silent date—it seems that Lauren has never spoken to Arie. Lauren is playing (or truly is) disinterested (about everything—including sightseeing in Paris), and this seems to be getting Arie’s attention. Arie seems to be making a lot of excuses for Lauren, who fully admits a man needs to be her friend for 6 months before she’ll give him a chance for a date. But in a strange turn of events, Arie gives HIS sob story about losing his baby and his girlfriend. Lauren now gives her sob story to twinkling piano music with dramatic strings. And, as is Bachelor Law, a rose is exchanged for the sob story. But, after the disastrous daytime portion of the date, the producers had already called off whatever surprise musical guest or fireworks display that had been on standby.

The Moulin Rouge date is “for the ladies,” says Arie, immediately after Tia cringes over the thought of wearing a thong on stage. Sure, it’s “for the ladies.” Time’s Up, Arie! Bekah gets the rose, the man, the performance, and death glares from ALL the ‘ettes in the audience. If looks could kill, well, Bekah’s missing person’s report would be valid.

What is this outfit Krystal is wearing while reading the date card!? I can’t even try to put it in words. Oh, it’s “wife material. Fun wife material.” I know she’s talking about HERSELF, but let’s go with that.

This breathtaking chateau must have a secret dungeon or something. The 2:1 is supposed to leave the loser off to die alone! Oh! The loser will be lost wandering The Shining maze forever. I’ll allow it. Krystal does a lot of squeaking like a baby mouse, then remembers “why she’s on this date,” i.e., to Wrong Reasons accuse Kendall. Right on cue, Kendall has to come back and confront Krystal about the Not Ready accusation. This is all the same script as typical, but it’s not nearly as dramatic when not on an iceberg or in the woods or in the desert or being pelted by waves on a desert island. Wait, Kendall is flipping the script and crying FOR Krystal trying to get her to admit her vulnerability or something. Aha! I knew this gorgeous locale could NOT be the place of the dumping. But now I’m getting flashes of all of the personal safety tricks they teach you about kidnappers and murderers—never let them take you to a second location!! The producers chose the wrong person for this 2:1 because Kendall has no intention on fighting with Krystal—despite the obvious producer prompting during segments. It’s the ending we never saw coming: left broken-hearted to LOOK at the Eiffel Tower!! It’s a twist—but even darker when you think about it. What’s worse than being left broken hearted on a desolate land mass? Being left broken hearted in The Most Romantic 2:1 Location in Bachelor History to wallow about being forever alone and unloveable.

Car didn’t start, huh? I’m putting my money on Krystal following around the dates and sabotaging them all. Be glad she just took out the spark plugs and didn’t cut the brake line. This is why you’re supposed to leave the crazy ones in the middle of nowhere! It’s for your own safety! Jacqueline is too smart for Arie and needs to spend another 6 years in school, but somehow gets the rose anyway.

Wow, ALL of these dates and not a single one showed any real spark or interest. How can we be THIS far into the season and there’s just nothing? Still can’t find a Right Reasons love connection to root for here. I almost feel like he’s thinking with his head too much and not following his heart. He’s giving roses to all of the girls who “look good on paper” in hopes that something will develop—but there’s just nothing there yet. It’s reminding me of Jason Mesnick choosing Melissa because she looked good on paper—then ended up with buyer’s remorse.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Car didn’t start, huh?

For those of us Jeremy Clarkston fans, that wasn’t a big surprise.  That will probably end up as a clip on Grand Tour next season.  Triumphs are notoriously unreliable.

• Love 3

Krystal has an amazing future as a phone sex girl.  I had to turn on the closed captioning after I thought she said something about Noah setting up a trust party.  From then on, it highlighted how much she does the sexual hmmmmm after every couple of words.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Squirrely said:

Wow, that was the best private concert of the series! I'll take a random French woman by the river over these random country "stars" any day! 

The Frenchman I was watching with (against his will)  insisted the song was just an old French “folk” song and that the singer was saying Henri, not Arie.  I swore she sang about a rose and referenced the Bachelor in other ways.  Any French speakers out there catch the lyrics?

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 2

That Moulin Rouge date looked amazing. I was surprised to see Krystal go.  I was also surprised to see Becca receive the last rose.  Who are the front runners?  Given the number of ladies left, you would think that we would have some idea by now.  The first time I saw Jenna was at the rose ceremony.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2

I thought Krystal's 2 on 1 abandonment was tame compared to most. How bad can it be too be left in Paris with a beautiful view? 

It was hard for me to not be excited for Bekah getting the Moulin Rouge date rose. She was so genuinely excited. And the looks on the other women's faces? Couldn't they have been just a little happy for her. I mean I doubt seriously any of them really wanted to get on that stage. (Except maybe Seinne).

At least dumb Arie realizes Jacqueline is to good for him but I thought for a second he was going to send her home. She's beautiful and smart but I don't see her lasting much longer. He has stronger connections with others and he's just dumb like that.

Did anyone else notice the Kaitlyn/Shawn ad during commercial break? Those two have really surprised me with how long they have been together. They deserve credit for beating the odds and I thought the ad was really funny.

So is Lauren going to be the new villain now that Krystal's gone? Who was she talking to there at the end? A producer? She is such a dull sourpuss. Really hope she doesn't make it until the end.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 12

Lauren and Arie's date was a bit less exciting than watching paint dry. How on Earth do you make Paris boring? I'm starting to think they are perfect for each other. They can get home from work, throw on their PJs watch some Golden Girls then off to bed by 9. 

Hey wait a minute, that sounds pretty good to me!

AmI the only one who was a bit turned off by Kendall too? She *was* condescending to Krystal, and the thing where she scooted over on the bench, put her hand on her arm, and said “I have empathy for you” reeked of Taylor.

Kendall is stunning though. 

I still think Becca K is the front runner, they are just back burnering it so that it isn’t too obvious. 

Lauren... this show isn’t for you. Please go home and talk to a therapist. I’m a little worried this show is bringing out her underlying depression and anxiety. She just seems really sad and frustrated.

Edited by betha
  • Love 11

Arie, Maxims is in the Art Noveau style.  And the guitarist at the end was performing in waltz time.  Of course your dim witted ass can’t waltz.  And he gets to dress and ogle another woman.  Man that cheeses my fries.

Meanwhile, I would be content to float along on the Big Black Boat of Bitchiness and lure a sexy Frenchman to my lair.  Or Chris Hanson.  That scene with Arie. Grandpa Possum and Mr. 365 degrees.  

last Lauren standing seems dim and bitchy.  Who was she snotting to at the end.  

And Panic! At the Disco!  Oh, it’s Tia in an unflattering jumpsuit.  Slouching for good measure.  

Kendall should be the next B-ette.  For all the Sienne (who seems dull and bland) being too good for him, Kendall is on another level than any of these chicks.

Becca also seems like a dumbass.  

Jena may be a straddling arm waver, but she’s also too good for the possum.  Go fight the evil ducks of the world.  Arie is a slobbering dumbass.  God I’m sick of him grabbing every damn woman by the face.  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, betha said:

Hey wait a minute, that sounds pretty good to me!

am I the only one who was a bit turned off by Kendall too? She *was* condescending to Krystal, and the thing where she scooted over on the bench, put her hand on her arm, and said “I have empathy for you” reeked of Taylor.

kendall is stunning though. 

I still think Becca K is the front runner, they are just back burnering it so that it isn’t too obvious. 

Lauren... this show isn’t for you. 

Taylor who?  Swift?  Armstrong?  A former contestant?

• Love 1

I'm really curious about Arie's "I know what you mean about not trusting someone" story to Lauren.  He stated that he had to be away a lot during the "busy season" of racing and was not home when his SO lost their baby (though he had promised at some point to cut down on his racing, so you know it was already a bone of contention in the relationship). And when his SO told him she'd lost the baby and she would not be there when he got back from racing, he was shocked, devastated, whatever. Loss of trust, right? So he could totally relate to Lauren?

Funny, though: My first thought was that the SO lost the baby, and Arie was not there (as he often wasn't), and she had this epiphany "Who needs this? A partner who isn't there when you really need him?" I could not help wondering if the loss of trust was on her side. 

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 24

I thought it was so cruel to tease a "let's get dressed up" date in the fashion capital of the world only to take the women to a place where they would have to undress. 

So glad that Krystal is gone, I couldn't stand her vocal-fry/baby-talk combo for another second. I just loved how Arie and Kendall got up and walked away after Kendall got the rose. No "can I walk you out," no goodbyes,  just leaving her there like a discarded napkin. I also loved Seinne waving goodbye to Krystal's suitcase.

Lauren is the worst kind of reality show contestant, a boring bitch. First the Paris date was wasted on her, and now she's complaining about going to Tuscany. I wanted to slap her when she was ranting to the producer within earshot of Tia.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

Taylor who?  Swift?  Armstrong?  A former contestant?

Yes to the third; Taylor Nolan, recent psychology grad on Nick’s season. She is famous for loudly calling out Corinne for her lack of emotional intelligence and in doing so showing a bit of a lack of grace and emotional intelligence on her own part, with a heap of condescension as well. She has a Bachelor psychology podcast now.

Edited by betha
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, betha said:

Am I the only one who was a bit turned off by Kendall too? She *was* condescending to Krystal, and the thing where she scooted over on the bench, put her hand on her arm, and said “I have empathy for you” reeked of Taylor.

If it was anyone but Krystal, I might agree but since Krystal was the picture of condescension from day 1, I thought it was nice pay back.  Although Kendall’s extreme earnestness does seem contrived to me.  The “look at how deep, thoughtful and measured I am” seems as calculated as the taxidermy and “dreams” of bug eating and canabalism.  She just seems to be trying too hard to present this zen, self actualized persona with a dash of quirk.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

So glad that Krystal is gone, I couldn't stand her vocal-fry/baby-talk combo for another second. I just loved how Arie and Kendall got up and walked away after Kendall got the rose. No "can I walk you out," no goodbyes,  just leaving her there like a discarded napkin. I also loved Seinne waving goodbye to Krystal's suitcase.

I thought that was super telling! Arie has been ready for her to go since last week and only kept her around for the producers’ sake for the 2-on-1.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, betha said:

Yes to the third; Taylor Nolan, recent psychology grad on Nick’s season. She is famous for loudly calling out Corinne for her lack of emotional intelligence and in doing so showing a bit of a lack of grace and emotional intelligence on her own part, with a heap of condescension as well. She has a Bachelor psychology podcast now.

Seriously???

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

Because Arie is the One that she wants.   

I am declaring you the winner of the posts.

1 hour ago, crgirl412 said:

Krystal,

Too bad so sad.  See you in Paradise. 

Good one!

8 minutes ago, betha said:

@crgirl412 - I will save you a seat at the computer table, bring the snacks......................................[runs off to find podcast]

• Love 3

The blondes all blur together for me ... and I am a blonde. 

Seriously, though, I can’t remember another season being this far along that I still can’t recognize a bunch of the contestants.  

This season is so dull.  Ari’s date with Lauren bored me to tears until he told the story of his ex-girlfriend’s miscarriage and somehow made himself the victim of that story. No, sir, you are the villain of the piece.  Ugh.  

He’s awful.  

• Love 18

Krystal’s hair, doughy make up, wardrobe, acting, and breathy sighs weren’t even a good idea when they were first done by Special Guest Stars on The Love Boat. Gross.

Arie’s kissing noises this week? Gross.

Grampa Cardigan Possum leering at women while making them compete for his attention in skimpy costumes? Gross.

How I feel about myself for watching? Gross. 

How I feel about myself for looking forward to next week already? Eh, not that bad.

• Love 24