Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Chapter Twenty-Five: The Wicked and the Divine

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah. The more I think about it, while I liked the scene and it was good, I wish Betty had told him and they talked it out, instead of having sex right now. I feel like this is just going to lead to more Unnecessary tension. Not a breakup but tension that we don’t need. 

Then again I wish both kisses with Jughead and Toni and Archie and Betty never happened. The Toni one with Jughead feels like the most random thing ever and it’s clearly going nowhere. I don’t know why they even did it and the Barchie kiss, I hope is going nowhere but I don’t know. I don’t really trust anything with these writers anymore. I’m always waiting for them to break up Bughead now because of what they’ve been doing this entire season so far.

Yeah... feels like we're walking on egg shells... we should be happy, hell, I'm over the moon right now but the unwanted tension...

Ok..so we know jug finds out about it through cheryl and they will be ok but we still don't know how/if it will taint/affect them in the long run... Depends too how jughead will be afterwards... is he going to stsy insecure/jealous of Archie?

And i agree with you. Those kisses were unnecessary and completely.... ruined more than expected.... 

I.have faith in the show but damn I'm nervous for what they're going to do...

• Love 3

Yeah. I’m really nervous about Jugheads reaction. I hope the show surprises me and that while he may be bothered, he’s able to see where Betty was at. I hope so. As a shipper, the couple has been through quite a lot and it would be nice if they could be happy for maybe more than two episodes at a time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

Hmm double standard alert... All that is the nice way of saying... Betty knew she dis wrong... But wanted to have sex.. If she said what she did.. They wouldn't have..

I think this is heading into a uncomfortable territory and a grey area that I am not sure I want to engage in about consent, but I wanted to say that I get your point and I don't like that trope of withholding important information before sex because otherwise it wouldn't have happened. Even if it was presented to be very much as consensual for both of them, I hear you on that one though.

Edited by Ruby Red

I have a feeling Jughead might be more upset that Betty didn't tell him than that she kissed Archie because if she was going to tell him, this was the moment to do it. He just confessed everything to her, I think he would want her to do the same. 

At any rate, since they are going with this, I hope that it leads to a very honest conversation between them about Jughead's insecurity re: Archie and Betty assures him he has nothing to worry about. Then she kisses him, passionately, to prove that he is the only one she wants. 

• Love 5

I hope whatever tension that may come with the kiss revelation isn’t for a long time, I hope they’re able to talk it out and express what it means or doesn’t mean.

I just don’t want to have to sit through all these upcoming episodes with tension and angst that I don’t find needs to be there if you ask me.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

I feel bad for both of them because they really do love one another but all the screwy things that come between them just splits them apart and cause so much damage... sigh...

Jughead and FP's relationship is so messed up, and you can see that it's killing FP when Jug does these dumbass, extreme things because, to quote the old drug PSA, "You, all right? I learned it from watching you!"

This family has been rent apart by alcohol and terrible decisions on FP's part, and he knows it. So when he sees Jug doing the same damn things he does, and did, and probably right around the same age when you're mad at the world and don't give a shit about consequences but those consequences sure as hell give a shit about you, it drives him nuts with guilt. But he's had, what, thirty years of these bad, impulsive moves behind him, and no structure in place to help him actually change, so he keeps falling back on getting sloshed and accusing Jug, hurting him, because he honestly has no other way of reacting that can overrride three decades plus of bad programming. And of course Jughead's been being programmed his entire life too, by these same issues, so of course he does the same damn thing.

Honestly, it's ironic that Jug worked at/lived in the old drive in. These two have projection issues out the wazoo.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Snookums said:

Honestly, it's ironic that Jug worked at/lived in the old drive in. These two have projection issues out the wazoo.

Ouch that has gotta hurt!

yes originally jughead seemed ok but we have seen uncovered, oh, a world of issues. If people ship him with Betty they had better pray for dark Betty. 

• Love 1

I seriously need somebody help. I have to watch the Bughead scene before I go to bed every night. I can't help myself- it was pretty much as  perfect of a scene that us shippers could have hoped for.

I think the writers painted themselves in a corner by making the characters so young. If they made them seniors, we could have pretended some of the kids were 18 the second half of the school year. Gossip Girl had the same problem, and I usually ignore how implausible some of the storylines can be with 16 year olds, but the cam storyline is uncomfortable. I can handle the underage sex, drinking, clubbing but being a cam girl is crossing a line and I hope that it's addressed once people find out.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

Something tells me that the person on the other end of Betty's webcam was Chic. He was explaining to Betty what he does when webcamming and what to do and not do online. Betty is far from ready to start her new profession.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, twoods said:

I seriously need somebody help. I have to watch the Bughead scene before I go to bed every night. I can't help myself- it was pretty much as  perfect of a scene that us shippers could have hoped for.

I highly doubt you're the only one with that current problem, lol.....what these ships makes us do sometimes.... 

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I still don’t believe the “Chic” we see on screen is the real Chic Cooper. I wouldn’t be surpirised if he wasn’t the person on the other side of camera recording her for reasons as well. He’s creepy.

Nah. I'm convinced he's not the original Chic... why he's taken on the role.....who knows...

But yeah.... it would be possible he's secretly keeping tabs on betty and whatever she might be doing with that webcam... 

• Love 2
On 2/2/2018 at 11:46 AM, Dobian said:

Alice, Betty, and Cheryl are the only indispensable characters on the show.  Alice because she's campy great, Betty because she's smoking hot and just crazy enough to be fun, and Cheryl because she is just plain crazy.

Cheryl is also smoking hot as well!

Eh. I still need more than just Betty and Cheryl. I’m iffy on alice, sometimes she’s funny but the way she treats Betty at times grates and I’m not a fan. Also Cheryl and Betty have suffered from getting too much sceen time this season and it’s ruined their characters.

Im not sure if there’s anyone who I would like to get extended screen time, it just makes the characters terrible when they get actually stories.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:54 PM, Dobian said:

One of the biggest problems I have with Hiram Lodge is the way the show makes him out to be J.R. Ewing with his mansion and cars and high society connections.  So let's analyze Lodge "Industries" various holdings.  Well, there's a drive-in movie, a diner, and a high school.  The drive-in and the high school are going to provide the land to build stuff, but the diner is a really big income generator I guess.  McDonald's has nothing on Pops!  And what's the real estate value in this shit-hole town anyway?  I'm pretty sure I could have bought up the diner and the drive-in lol.  Of course he's a mobster, duh, with connections to other big-time mobsters.  Like the guy with the Canadian (?) hotdog chain.  Huh?  Tony Soprano wouldn't hire this guy to deliver the liquor to the Bada Bing lol.

Nailed it. The Lodges were supposed to be big in NYC -- I thought he was more of a Wall Street cheater than mobster type. Now, they're content with buying up land in some small town? Who cares? And "the family" -- could they not have been more stereotypical? One thing about Hiram and Hermoine is that they ooze class and sleaze in equal measure. The rest? Not so much. Just a big disconnect.

Also -- not loving Betty and her "dark side." I find it forced. It was one thing for her to don the dark wig in season 1, but become a cam girl so she can deal with her dark side? That is simply ridiculous in a show that thrives on the ridiculous. 

One last thing...can Veronica stop singing...please? Not that she has an unpleasant voice of anything, but it's so trite. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

One last thing...can Veronica stop singing...please? Not that she has an unpleasant voice of anything, but it's so trite. 

We have Josie and the Pussycats for that and they made such a big thing about it last season that having veronica mostly singing is so, unfair? Annoying? 

Hope they turn things around and make it about Josie....

• Love 1
17 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Nailed it. The Lodges were supposed to be big in NYC -- I thought he was more of a Wall Street cheater than mobster type. Now, they're content with buying up land in some small town? Who cares? And "the family" -- could they not have been more stereotypical? One thing about Hiram and Hermoine is that they ooze class and sleaze in equal measure. The rest? Not so much. Just a big disconnect.

I don't think the show has decided what kind of business Hiram Lodge does. I think his industry changes based on the whims of the story of the week. I, too, though Hiram was in jail for some kind of Bernie Madoff-style scheme, and now he's...buying a diner? Yeah, okay.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

I don't think the show has decided what kind of business Hiram Lodge does. I think his industry changes based on the whims of the story of the week. I, too, though Hiram was in jail for some kind of Bernie Madoff-style scheme, and now he's...buying a diner? Yeah, okay.

That’s what it sounded like when we first met Veronica and that Hermione was having trouble finding a job because people weren’t interested in hirin g her because of her husbands misdeeds with money.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:15 PM, emcmac87 said:

So I'm only 10 minutes in, but it seems they are implying Catholisicsm with Veronica.  My "grandfather" ( his brother died early so he stepped in) was a priest so I've tried to be accurate with my info. Confirmation happens around 16-18years old, because the point is that you are making your own choice to be a member of the church. First communion is done around age 8( when u can receive the Eucharist) and that's when everyone wears diff white dresses  Prob wrote too much about this. 

But weird they changed confirmation when it was actually correct for their characters timeline. 

-Canadian here. My first communion was during second grade so around age 7 or 8. My confirmation was in fifth grade so about 10-11. No idea others had it so late in life. Sixteen? Really?

• Love 2

If she was supposed to be confirmedat twelve and refused it makes sense Hiram would be so delighted when she Decides to be confirmed at sixteen. Manipulative Veronica!

Edited by Affogato
Taking too long to get to my point.

I don't remember waiting to be confirmed being a thing either. For me, it happened at 14. Some in the class were 13, some were 14, but, around the end of 8th grade. Certainly not high school. That was as a public school student who just did the CCD classes one night a week. I assume Catholic school kids probably did it earlier. "Accepting" confirmation meant my parents would no longer send me to bible class during what could otherwise be a perfectly good night of watching TV. Plus, refusing would have been a whole 'nother argument. Easiest way to get through it was to go along with the ritual and then go on with my life. I could see Archie or Jughead overthinking it and making a big stand about how he doesn't care about confirmation, because he needs to focus everything on his  journalism/ music/ vigilantism/ wrestling/ gangbanging and/or becoming a rodeo clown who's writing a sad emo novel about pirates, but Veronica is far more pragmatic than they are.

But... this is a weird alternate universe where 1950s biker gangs exist randomly alongside cell phones and nobody even laughs at the name "Alice Cooper," so I guess confirmation taking place a few years later does not overstrain my credibility. Certainly not as much as sad, lonely FBI detectives just wandering around begging to be kludjed into whatever passes for Archie's storyline at any given moment.

Edited by CletusMusashi

Does Cami Mendes have it in her contract that she gets to sing X number of times per season or something?  The show treats her like some sort of amazing talent, but I don’t think she’s that great.  It’s painful for me to continually watch Veronica upstage Josey, who both in-show and in-real-life is a much, much better singer.  

Re: age of confirmation, this can vary a lot even from parish to parish.  There is no set age dictated by the Vatican (other than that a person must at least be older than 7), so it all depends on what the individual bishops decide and even they can decide to leave the decision up the individual parishes.  I was confirmed in the eighth grade, but I was a part of the very last class that would be confirmed that young at my parish. Every other parish but one in my city had moved it up to age 16, and it was my understanding that a lot (but not all!) of Catholic parishes were moving away from doing Confirmation in the early teens.   That said even though Veronica was getting confirmed at an age that was considered “normal” for most folks, if her parish was still in the practice of confirming middle schoolers I could see how she and her family would still see it as Veronica getting confirmed “late” since she wouldn’t be going to classes with kids in her own age group.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, xqueenfrostine said:

Does Cami Mendes have it in her contract that she gets to sing X number of times per season or something?  The show treats her like some sort of amazing talent, but I don’t think she’s that great.

I don't get it either beyond almost all teen shows trying to make their stars singing sensations for some reason. She's okay, can carry a tune, but I could quite easily live without ever hearing her again. She's a great actress, I just don't know why that's not enough. I know singing was part of the original comic, but I could really do without it for any of the characters. Give Josie her own show that focuses on music and they can all guest on that and sing their little mediocre hearts out. 

• Love 4

Yeah I don’t know how I feel about the singing thing with this show that’s happened this season where every character is all of a sudden singing. It’s like I’m watching Glee all over again. I miss it when teen dramas were just teen dramas and not looking for iTunes sales.

• Love 1
On 2/2/2018 at 3:09 PM, PeekaBoo said:

As bad as I felt for Pops, I understood Poppa Poutine's freakout over the garbage poutine he was served. You do NOT mess with poutine. It has to have proper cheese curds, or it's downright offensive to try and pass it off as proper poutine...

Late to the party but as a English Quebecer, so much "mot" to this.  Sure I've seen a lot of creative licensing on the dish, but if you don't have the cheese curds, I ain't interested.

That said, I did love the show a smidge for even having a gangster with that name and the subtle realism that he could be an owner of hot dog restaurants, which is my vice in life.