Type keyword(s) to search

Offspring - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Solid opening to the season, I thought. Very impressed by the opening transitions, compacting the post-Patrick period into a series of exits and entrances through doorways. Having had a few friends go through the trapped-in-a-mothers-group situation, the sequences in the pool had me laughing. And kudos to the moment between Nina and Clegg, when its him that breaks down over his loss - it was played beautifully. Not sure how I feel about the consistent presence of Patrick, although his response to the orgasm attempt was fantastic. What I can't figure out is why the hell Zara is pregnant again, so quickly. Jesus, give yourself a break, woman. (*and for what it's worth, that awesome curved art deco house that served as the exterior for Lawrence's house is on the corner of Glenlyon and Nicholson in Brunswick, Melbourne. I drive past it constantly - it's incredible*).

• Love 3

I'm on Season 4 on Metfix and need some place to vent. When Nina's dad called her selfish and self-righteously said that's how he was before kids, I wanted to punch him in the nuts. He was nothing but a 60 yr old man child for most of the series. Finding out he wasn't Nina's bio dad is the only thing that made me even kind od compassionate towards him. Ugh.

• Love 4

The ending for season four was heartbreaking, but I have to say, season five is almost as sad.  I haven't finished the entire season yet, but I've been crying while watching every episode so far of this season.  I'm having a bit of a flashback to "Truly Madly Deeply" every time Patrick pops up. 

• Love 1

I think it's great how they keep showing Patrick, and Nina's continued grieving.  So many shows kill off a character, they have a funeral, and then it's back to life as usual.  This show really shows what it's like to lose a partner, and how the loss continues to affect and inform everything you do.  I love this show, although I have cried so much!

• Love 5

Oh I love this show so much. I wish we had a separate topic for each episode. I love love love how Nina constantly has her inner voice talking to her - mainly about her anxieties. She is so lovely and so put together but has issues. As we all do. I love all the characters and hope this show never ends. I can't stop telling people how great it is but nobody seems to know about it. Why isn't it more well known - It's a top rated show in Australia right?

• Love 3

I also love this show! I keep trying to get people to watch it, but no one takes my advice. I relate so much to Nina's inner dialogue and the way her anxieties manifest in imagined scenarios that then lead to goofy-looking real-life reactions. 

I'm in season 4 on my second re-watch and Jimmy is annoying me even more than he did on the first run. He's so self-absorbed and entitled. He just refuses to care that his actions affect other people and that they aren't all obligated to go along with what he wants. I can't believe how much everyone lets him get away with. He's not nearly charming enough for that! Zara should have dumped him like a hot rock LONG before she ever got pregnant.

• Love 3

A friend recommended this show ages ago and I finally started watching and am now up to the start of season 5.  What a great show!  I am gutted by the end of season 4.  I haven’t sobbed in a show like this ever.  I love how they are keeping Patrick alive/showing the process of grief.  I am now recommending it to friends who I think would love it but so far no takers.  

• Love 2

Ah, nobody has been here in ages.... but with this work from home during COVID thing, I discovered this show.  I've watched almost everything I can possibly see,  bored out of my mind, I was so happy to find something that entertained me the way this does.  

Rocket just died, that's the episode I'm on.  SOOOOOOooooo sad.  I'll look it up, I wonder where the actress who plays Billie is, being gone during this season.  I think that obviously next season gets dramatic, imagine that.  Billie isn't my favorite, but I don't hate her at this point.

I love everyone on this show, the way it shows everyone is so flawed.  Discovering that Nina isn't Darcy's biological child. Wow.  Nina Nina Nina.  I know this is fiction, but come on, people write it... it exists out there.  But it's good to see a woman who is so strong in so many ways be soooooo screwed up in her romantic relationships.  Good only becuase it makes me feel less odd.  LOL  Her inner anxieties and conversations and the playing out of the scenes... so great.  I hate that her and Patrick are breaking up, everything is always such a miss communication.  Such the way is life.

Glad to know I've got 3 1/2 more seasons to go...

• Love 2

I've been rewatching the last few weeks, since I've burned through about everything else I wanted to see and new stuff is limited. Never stops being hilarious. Relatable, too, even though I am absolutely nothing like any of these people. I definitely experience the overactive imaginary version of what's happening or might happen the way Nina does, though. As well as her awkward tripping over herself in conversation.

I was supposed to go to Australia again this coming February, and that seems unlikely. So I guess I'll live there vicariously through the screen instead.

• Love 5

I've just discovered this show last week and have been doing a  crazy binge watch. I'm on Season 6 now. 

I must say, I love this show and I hate this show. I'm always up for a quirky family dramedy, but holy cow, the Proudmans might be the most narcissistic, selfish, self-absorbed group of people I've ever seen! They're exhausting!

I love the supporting characters, though. They're all a bit "extra', but more in ways that make me laugh, rather than want to throw something at the TV, lol!

I'm invested, so I'll be here until the last episode, but whew, what an exhausting ride!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, TVForever said:

I must say, I love this show and I hate this show. I'm always up for a quirky family dramedy, but holy cow, the Proudmans might be the most narcissistic, selfish, self-absorbed group of people I've ever seen! They're exhausting!

The hospital, too. No one in that obstetrics department has any sense of boundaries or professionalism whatsoever. Hostile work environment with legit harassment cases on the daily. Just the sort of place a patient would want to be at her most naked and vulnerable.

• Love 3
On 1/22/2021 at 8:30 AM, TVForever said:

I've just discovered this show last week and have been doing a  crazy binge watch. I'm on Season 6 now. 

I love the supporting characters, though. They're all a bit "extra', but more in ways that make me laugh, rather than want to throw something at the TV, lol!

I'm invested, so I'll be here until the last episode, but whew, what an exhausting ride!

Same! Just discovered this show due to the recommendation of one of my daughters’ teachers and I am currently in Season 4 and I can’t stop watching it.  I’m near the end and I know what’s going to happen but I don’t think I can handle it emotionally.  

Geraldine is probably one of my least favorite characters - listening in on Nina’s therapy session and then screaming at her and forcing her to find her sister when she was 37-38 weeks pregnant? Are you effing kidding me - find your own damned daughter bitch.  It’s not your 38 week pregnant daughter’s job.  It was a mistake! Nobody seems to be able to accept that on this show.  

but I love it!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just finished the series.  :(  For some reason, I have been drawn to quite a bit of Patrick Brammall.  First Call Your Mother, then No Activity, then he popped up in S5 of this.

2 hours ago, Pristine said:

I just finished the series.  :(  For some reason, I have been drawn to quite a bit of Patrick Brammall.  First Call Your Mother, then No Activity, then he popped up in S5 of this.

You should watch Glitch. He is one of the stars. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I’ve been binge watching this—currently in the middle of season 3. I swear this is the most codependent bunch of people I’ve ever seen!

Why on earth does NO ONE in the Proudman family ever:

• Call first instead of just dropping in
  • Refrain from asking nosy questions that are none of their damn business
  • Say “it’s none of your business” when asked a nosy question
  • Think before blurting something completely inappropriate in front of the wrong person
  • ASK instead of telling a family member “I’m moving in with you for a while”
  • Allow mooching family members to way overstay their welcome and take advantage (looking at you, Jimmy, costing Nina $1300 downloading Aqua Teen Hunger Force…)
  • Verify something is true instead of jumping to conclusions
  • Keep something to themselves instead of blabbing it to the entire family… especially those jumped-to conclusions
  • Learn to freaking KNOCK
Edited by CarpeFelis
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Just got to season 6. How much of a time jump is this? Zoe just hadher first birthday and now she looks like she’s almost ready for kindergarten. Leo told Nina he loved her at the end of season 5 and Nina decided to see how things go, but now he’s telling her he’s seeing someone and they’re giving off a “bad breakup” vibe. What the hell is supposed to have happened in the meantime?