Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Crash

At some point, did they replace the actor who plays Jody(?), the Juggalo guy who Chip helped get a job at Arby's? I remember the original guy being a really skinny guy, not the heavyset actor who's playing him now. 

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure they did.

I wasn't crazy about this ep, though I did like seeing Christine having flashbacks to her dad's alcoholism. 

I also liked that the reverend put a message to Christine on the church marquee. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

At some point, did they replace the actor who plays Jody(?), the Juggalo guy who Chip helped get a job at Arby's? I remember the original guy being a really skinny guy, not the heavyset actor who's playing him now. 

Yes, and I can't recall when (Season 2?). The original Jody was really cute when they removed the Juggalo make-up. I wonder if that could have been a reason for a recast; it's hard to see Jody as a loser when he's conventionally attractive. It could have also been the simpler like a scheduling conflict.

• Love 1

I liked this episode better than the last--Christine's story engaged me--but I still think the show is suffering this season from making Chip too normal. Maybe the narcissistic-idiot shtick was feeling played out to ZG, or maybe he wanted to stretch as an actor and show he could play someone relatively sane, or maybe something else is going on; maybe what we're seeing is TPTB's reaction to Christine being the breakout character for the audience. But I miss old incredibly effed-up Chip. He now seems like just a bystander in his own life, cast in the role of a "reactor" to the crazy that's going on all around him.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 1

I'm anti-rodeo, so I'm not happy that's the central venue for this season.  Couldn't Christine have started a cabaret or a family business in the "Home Entertainment & Party" industry to support Chip's clown aspirations?

• Love 3
On 2/8/2018 at 4:51 AM, Milburn Stone said:

I still think the show is suffering this season from making Chip too normal. Maybe the narcissistic-idiot shtick was feeling played out to ZG, or maybe he wanted to stretch as an actor and show he could play someone relatively sane, or maybe something else is going on; maybe what we're seeing is TPTB's reaction to Christine being the breakout character for the audience. But I miss old incredibly effed-up Chip. He now seems like just a bystander in his own life, cast in the role of a "reactor" to the crazy that's going on all around him.

Since Dale is getting more screen time than he did in S1, maybe the show thought it would be too much to have two narcissistic idiots? The other possibility is that although Chip has been shown to be a selfish ass, he loves Christine and knowing that she bought the old rodeo for him, maybe he feels too guilty to be rude to her about it, especially since he sees how enthusiastic she's been about it. He's still an ass to Martha and Dale! I do get what you're saying though. He seems a lot more passive this season, letting Christine and Dale make decisions while they ignore a lot of what he's saying, which seems unlike him.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:24 AM, Phishbulb said:

I was thinking about that...its obvious they switched them out, but also funny to think that the dude gained 100 lbs because he now works in fast food

• Love 2

I checked the IMDB page for the actor who played Jode and it appears it's the same actor as he's listed for this episode and the Yard Sale episode from last season. He looked completely different to me, too. Maybe he does have a part-time job at Arby's and is eating his way through his shifts.